(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Jul
Eh, we all blur lah!
lol.gif


Tmr i must buy many many Pigeon breastpads also. hurhurhur. I use damn fast last time. Now i know must buy more esp when got offer.
 


shelled
That's true. But in a way, it's kinda hard following through all the forums. Wish there was a summarise function on the forums!
 
rach
The massage lady Noor will come Sengkang ? Your $50 per session izzit for post natal ?
There so many recommandation of massage lady, dunno who to chose liao.

Me too gain 6kg. My gyn mentioned i should only gain 4kg. DH was like how to cos every visit sure will gain weight wan.

Me feeling bloated liao. I go poo many times somemore, dunno why still bloated. Like alot of air inside.
Jenifur
R u the one that recommand Mdm Sadiah ? Does she come to Sengkang? Got exp massaging c-section mummies ?

Preggy liao very forgetful whether i ask this qns or not hehe sorry ?

Kam
Convertible carseat also not cheap sigh...See how first

Seems like many mummies going to the fair. I very lazy haha. Weekday not possible, maybe weekend. Maybe you girls can update here what is good then i decide whether to go or not :p
 
shelled.. this is so conincidence... hehe.. anyway it helps me to check my list if i left out any important required.. esp during the 1st 2 mths! =)

Gerald.. the list of items can go on and on.. but u have to think of the more important things you/ ur wife/ bb will be using. Other items are just to extra convenience and for the extra little helps!

I already bought a box of pigeon disposable breast pad @ kiddy palace 20% disc (UP.11.90) 36+6 pcs. if it cheaper tmr, then sure worth it!
 
shelled

2moro got Pigeon breast pad offer? How much? I think everyday need to use ard say 4 pairs, which means 1 pack = 10 days only. So for 4 mths maternity, I need 12 boxes at least??? Correct?

Haha I wonder if can use sanitary pads muahahaha
 
Jul

Dunno got offer or not leh, but should have one lor. If anything more than $8.90/box I won't buy liao. Cos cheapest I see so far is $8.90 for the 36+6 box.

Yah, I also use ard 4 pairs a day. In the early days when milk just come in, i think i went up to 6 pairs a day! But after about 2-3 mths, milk supply stabilise, you won't even need more than 1 pair a day lor. All depends on your milk lor.

And no lah, CANNOT USE SANITARY PAD LAH! Later your nehneh itchy rash then u know arh! Although I have heard of moms who cut sanitary pads in half and use as breast pads... But personally I won't try it lor. My skin is sensitive enough liao.
 
shelled

Yeah I also see normal sale price = 8.90 per box. Haha too bad u dun drive, if not, I tongpang u to buy for me.
 
wah.. $8.90/ box sale price.. then i got "conned" =(
but gd thing i bought 1 box only...

i haven't start buying on maternity pads.. did calculations on Pureen @ kiddy palace & Mothercare brand.. hope got better discount too... lol

okie! i shall wait for the good buys from the mommies here tmr!!
 
Massage Lady...

I booked Mdm Noor also. She told me to contact her when im due and she will make the arrangements for me. She is the same lady that was recommended by Jenifur earlier on. Mdm Sadiah and Mdm Khatijah were the other 2 ladies she recommended.

Belows is the msg she posted on 22nd May.

<u>Malay Massage Lady Contact </u>

Mdm Sadiah (97724579) - Tried
Mdm Noor(90048804) - Tried
Mdm Khatijah(98001394)

These few ladies r pretty highly recommended &amp; price reasonable. I wld suggest u try their pre-natal massage once to determine if is suitable for u
 
Breast Pads...

My fren suggested that I not stock up too many first. Cos diff ppl will have different milk flow. For her, she only needed to used like 1 or 2 pairs a day. So I guess I'll just standby abt 2 boxes first.
 
Car seats...

hmm.. hubby doesnt seemed to be bothered by car seats at the moment. He said I'll be carrying bb when we drive ard ma.. But I reminded him that if he goes overseas, and i need to drive bb ard alone then how? he just told me not to worry. Guess i'll just leave it to him to settle ba.
 
Baby Wipes..

Do we need so many baby wipes? Cos I was intending to use cotton and warm water to clean bb's bum during nappy change. When we go out then use baby wipes. What u all tink?
 
hi hi... wow so fast the forum run..

RACH - Yup i cannot go out alone due to my situation!!! WHOLE FAMILY GOING DE!!! No worries u dun feel odd out u can get mnay advise from them!!

RE: First time parents
Pls don panic... most of the stuff that u miss out or need to get can be find in a decent size NTUC or kiddy palace or John Little etc...

U can start thinking of how u wan to take care of the baby and whom would be the one taking care!! Coz for some grandparents prefer to use nappy so can consider getting nappies and some bum wear!!

RE: Pads
U NEED IT!! so there isn't anything that is say TOO MANY!! Better stock up now or someone would need to get for u!!!

Car seats : If can get early get first otherwise can still wait for 1mth then get provided u wanna keep going out!!

Diapers : Get at least 1 or 2 pack of newborn diapers should enuff to last u a week at least FIRST!! so weekend can still get others also DO NOT GET so many diapers at one time coz subject to ur BB growth. Some could be out Heavy some could be lighter... Get some NB pampers plus S size 1 or 2 pack would last u at least till a week to get the rest...

Baby wipes : Use pigeon &amp; J&amp;J. These two brands very wet and not dry up so easily as compare to trojelly... Now i'm using Kodomo wipes purchase from WATSON. Cheaper and nice to use can clean butts and everything!!

Laudry - Common use trojelly or kodomo (prefer KODO cos smell nice)

RE: chinese herbs
Sorrie i anti herbs person so i had no idea on herbs!

Breastpad - When i at home i seldom leak as during the first month i dillgently pump every 3 hrs even in the middle of nite. To build up the flow. So subject to ur condition can get 1 or 2 boxes to standby first..

Those whom wan first information could juz PM me ur number.. But tmr is the first day so not sure of the condition there!!

Ops too long post!!!
 
Guess I'm suffering from the 'KanCheong Spider cum first-time dad' syndrome. lol...

Just bit worried for the wife once I get back to flying around, so intending to get most of the stuff settled. Think the most worrying thing is not so much the material goods but whether we'll be good parents and whether the kid turns out healthy and morally upright.
 
Hi Rach
Yr fren also c section after that did she slim down after the massage
my ist delivery c section after which the massage not effective, my water rentention still there so not sure want to spend $ on massage again or not

Hi mummies
if anyone go there can help me ask if there are alot stocks for the playpen I want to get that but I am going on sunday only which is last day of event not sure have stock or not
 
Jul
Pureen brand (in kiddy palace) $7.95 nett for 20pcs/pkt
Mothercare house brand (in mothercare) $18.00 for 48pcs/pkt

i did simple calculations.. Mothercare brand @ per pc is cheaper... lol..

TMC FBI discount for Mothercare - spend $100 to get 10% disc dunno will apply to the maternity pads or nt.. if yes.. even cheaper.. but need to spend $100 in the first place.
 
BTW... if anyone's going to the fair tmr, can update on prices of the Medela Freestyle? sigh... still feeling that i'm going to get a better deal at the fair! grrr

Thanks. Will be heading to the fair on Fri evening. Know it'll be super crowded but oh well.
 
Jul
We'll be driving tmr leh. We use carsharing, remember? U want to tompang better let me know hor.

Gerald
What's stopping you from going to the Motherhood Expo? Are you overseas now?

I guess I can understand where you come from regarding parenthood, cos we were all first-time parents before. Just follow your heart, and do your best.
happy.gif


Ling
Honestly arh... too troublesome to use cotton balls + warm water lah. Wet wipes is like grab, clean and throw. Early days already very tired &amp; not enough sleep liao, can't be bothered to do more than what is necessary lor.

RE: Malay Massage Lady
FYI: Mdm Khatijah is not doing prenatal massage now because she is very packed with postnatal massage. I got her to do my massage+wrap after I had #1, and I already "book" her for my #2.

I called her early May to get her to do prenatal massage for me, but she say she cannot accommodate unless book her at least 2wks in advance.
 
Hi Ling
I read somewhere that during 1st mth of bb, better not use wipes as the bb skin still very vulnerable. So i think i will be using sterile cotton and warm water too... i try the traditional way first :p

Hi Kiddo
If use nappy cloth, then need to get nappy liners, more nappy liners, saftey pins and more detergents :p more things to buy
 
Finally back into the postings again!!! Have been reading but not contributing cos' sometimes by the time I finish reading, so sleepy liao.

Re: Motherhood Expo
Me! I will be going there. Its starting at 12 pm hor? Planning to buy the Philip Avent Warmer. Pigeon breastpad - I leaked alot when while bfing the 1st one. May get some diapers but not too sure yet.

Ling, I agree with shelled about using cotten balls + warm water though I would say that its the most natural and organic way. I tried that when my first one came but because newborns pee and especially poo alot, it just is more efficient to use wipes.

Shelled, how much is Madm Khatijah charging for the massage? Quite keen.

Re: Weight gain
I have gained about 8kg and is still gaining thus far. Gynea very happy with the gain cos' I was underweight to begin with. A little scare with the enormous weight gain sometimes cos dun know if I can get rid of the weight after giving birth. Hope the breastfeeding will help.

Re: Breast pump
If you are thinking of getting a dual electric breastpump and Medela PIS is too expensive, maybe can consider getting Ameda Dual instead? I thought that was pretty comparable to Medela PIS. If all else fails, join a spree to get it from US. The savings is really alot.

Any moms with more than two kids? Can advise on the sleeping arrangement for your kids? I am still torn about what I should do about the sleeping arrangement for the 1st one and the 2nd one. 1st one (2yrs old) is sleeping in his own room. If I put 2nd with me for night feedings, afraid that the 1st one will feel neglected.
 
shelled> hahahhaa...thats good ma...so u can lose weight faster after #2... ehhehe... :p

yeah...HB said can go with me to expo tmr as well.. but we can still meet up yah??? i need some expert advice.. heheh....

mama6> call me when u reach ah!!! hehehhee..we can still shop together k.... HB is there to help carry nia.. hahahaha.. :p

Jul> wah.. u are good.. bought sooo much liaoz..tmr might be my 1st spree!! hahahaha.. :p

Chern> i dunno leh.. Huiming used her.. u can try to give her a call to see if she will go sengkang..else u can go to compassvale massage loh....
u decided to c sect liaoz ah??

Ling> u meant they all do prenatal massage as well??? great... then i'll get Mdm Noor liaoz...
since my fren used her..and u are using her...must be good la.. hehehe.. :p
and she's cheap!!!
happy.gif


teenie> MMm.. my fren didnt really slim down that much..coz cant do much after c sect..and cant massage too hard on tummy area also..
she lost like 10kg? she put on 20kg for #1.. or i think she lost $15 eventually...
happy.gif



See some mummies tmr!!!!!!!!!
happy.gif
 
lilac
Not sure how much she charge for prenatal, but postnatal is $450 for 7 sessions. Massage + wrap, including 1 free baby massage. She will also provide the bengkuang (sic) cloth and girdle.

For sleeping arrangement, I think it also depends on what kind of child your #1 is. If he is independent and secure, then should have no problem to keep #2 with you at night?

My #1 is also sleeping in his own room, so I'm going to keep #2 with me until he stop night feeds and can sleep thru the night, cos I dunwan him to disturb korkor's sleep.

rach
I am used to being this size liao lah. Lose weight fast or not I also don't really care this time round. I just wish to keep my sanity while taking care of the 2 boys. Very scared I get postnatal blues again lor...

Tmr I sms you before I head over. Cos we going for birthday lunch with Josh before we go Expo.
happy.gif
 
So sleepy... Why isn't tdy Fri? But then, if it's Fri, then I wun be able to finish my work hiaz.

jess

Thanks! Oh actually Mothercare &amp; Pureen not much diff hor? Coz say if u use abt 100 pcs, the diff is onlt like $2 in total? I wonder if we need 100pcs of maternity pads haha. Sounds like river flooding hor?

shelled

Ooh.. U r driving tdy ah? Hmm.. I go look at ur daily specials link. But I think they purposely divide up the daily specials so that they can attract pple to come every day mah. Imagine.. u drive/take pub tpt all the way there, u will def grab some things just to make it worth ur time &amp; tpt cost.

Keke say Happy Bday to Josh for me.
 
wet wipes: have been fine with using both tollyjoy and pigeon. the only horrid one was NTUC brand, felt very "wet" everytime i pulled one out of the cylinder.

washing detergent: tried pigeon and didn't like it because it was too watery. preferred the pureen brand as the detergent is slightly more viscous.
 
Hi mummies,

I'm from Apr 09 forum.
I have Ameda Lactaline Dual Electric Pump to let go, used less than a month. In good working condition, warranty expires Jan 2010. Bottles, valves, tubes all in place. Will top up a Medela Purelan nipple cream. Letting go @ $200. PM me if keen.
Thanks!
 
Hello
Im 1st time MTB .. a bit blur, what to buy leh..... SHould i buy dypers now ? About B feedding , what i need to prepare ?
 
Shirley

For BFing, you should get:
- breastpads
- breast pump
- milk storage bags/bottles
- "milk cloths" (hankerchiefs or towels to wipe off any excess flow onto bb)
- nipple cream (for standby)
- Breastfeeding pillow (for standby)

I think that should be it... Since whether BF or not, we'll still buy milk bottles, I'm not including it on the list.
happy.gif


And oh, read up on BFing to help you have an enjoyable BF journey!!
 
Hi Shirley,

Same here..aso blur blur. There seem like so many things to buy. I had printed out 1 shopping list from one of the mummies to bring along to the exhibition..
 
itsy
I got a manual pump from Pigeon. Didn't get any milk storage bags, but I did have 6 milk storage bottles that came with the promotional package for the pump.

Most of the time I latch on my #1 so had little need to express &amp; store. But I still stored some milk especially in the early days when I had oversupply. Later on I also stored some cos he started sleeping through the night, so I pump before I go to sleep.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOSH!!! MAY U CONTINUE TO BE GOOD LIL HELPER TO YOUR MAMA OK
happy.gif


just back from gynae. today im 26 weeks baby is almost 1.1kg. i also put on 2kg!! gynae said gonna be big baby but we'll see how in next trimester.

Rach
today got change of plan cos my kids gg to frd's place so i will drop them and go to fair. maybe also abt 1.30pm
 
itsy
Actually if you know how to, and you don't mind, you can express by hand. But it's not as efficient as a pump lah. You can just settle for the cheapest manual pump available. I recommend the PIGEON one that I got. Ard $80, i think, and hands won't get tired.

berrypie
I gave pacifier to my #1 when before he turn 1 mth old, cos he kept using me as a pacifier then I couldn't do anything else!! I had worries that he won't wean off it, but strangely he switched to using his thumb ard 6 mths old. Then by 1 yr old, he also stopped sucking his thumb.

mamato6
Thanks!! Dunno why my boy's birthday but I feel so happy.
lol.gif


Woohoo! Your bb also quite big yah. Mine was 1033g at 27wks lor!
 
shelled

Why r u still here? I tot u gog out for bday lunch?

Btw just help me look out for cheap infant/convertible car seats, cheap small packs of BB wipes (for bringing out), nursing bras &amp; tops k?

I can't think of what else to get for the time being.. havne't gotten down to looking at list yet hahahaha.

mamato6

Whoa! Big BB yeah? Wonder what's Babylet's weight. Quite depressed when I founf out I gained like 4 kg in the last mth *sad*
 
till date i have put on like 8plus kg leh! there goes my hope of limiting my weight gain to 10kg
sad.gif
today managed to take 4d pic of baby but still looks like alien to me leh! i remember my gal looks v pretty at this stage. plus one of the pic he open his mouth so big to put his thumb in.
 
Hi Ladies,

Just to share a mailer i recv from Aussino.
They're having a kids n bath fair on 12 june to 26 july.
50% off entire bath department and additional 5% off from 12-14 june.
 
shelled
Is it your bday today? If so... Happy bday!

At the moment am on Annual Leave, but got some infected foot so resting in bed. Thinking of popping by tmr evening if my foot is better.

Wrt to BPs, just thought I'ld share bout Medela. Some of the Medela pumps don't come with the 1 yr local warranty. Check to see if the warranty card is valid before u make payment, else it'll be traoublesome and expensive if it needs repairs.
 
mamato6
Initially, i also hope to control my weight gain to 10kg but failed. Cos at 24wk, i had already gain 9kg
sad.gif
&amp;&amp;
how much did it cost you for the 4D pic. Might want to go if its not too exp.
 
gerald,
all medela pumps from sprees are not covered locally for warrenty cos US set mah...

very very rare will see BP(bulk purchase) on medela pumps one...
 
shelled,
just saw the link you gave on the special offers today... alamak.. the bb cot at 299 only valid for first 100 customers today... even if i piar down after work i dont know i will be the 1st 100 hor.. think it's a gd offer hor...

anyway too late to ask to help me see cos it's already 3pm!!
 
gerald,
woah, your knowledge abt mummy and baby products is quite impressive. my husband knows quite little about the products that me and my boy uses. i think he always gets a headache when he's sent out with a shopping list for us. last year when he went to the US, he came back with avent bottles that were of the wrong size, pink bibs for my boy, ballerina socks for my boy, and clothes that were far too big. hahaa, quite funny now that i think of it.
 


cloudme
I just checked with the dealer. When buying locally, just check and make sure the warranty is stamped and addressed locally to 'J &amp; E Baby and Mothercare Pte Ltd'. That would suffice along with proof of purchase.

My opinion is that warranty is worth the extra few bucks cos if really suai... the cost of repairs is high, plus no replacement pump whilst repair is ongoing (resulting in inconvenience).


sandwich
no la... just barely covering the bases. Will be jetting around soon so got to help wherever/whenever I can. That said, if your hubby goes to the US, you can check out 'Twilight Turtle'. Saw it in a overseas catalogue and found it quite nice.
 

Back
Top