(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

Hi Flower,

My hb did it for me but with chicken. He will skin off the chicken(less fats). Can be either black chicken or kampong chicken, add some red dates, 4-5pcs cordyceps,2-3pcs poa sheng and the red seeds(sorry forgot the name).Add 4 bowels of water to double boil for 3hrs. It tastes nicer and better for you. Normally, i cant finish. i will kept the balance in the fridge for another day. Hope this help.
 


Allio ladies (& gentleman)

Lunchtime over le.. but i'm hungry again... having a huge appetite these days.. seems like i'm going to gain a lot of weight towards end of 2nd tri. =( always get hungry by 1-2 hours after each meal/ snacks.
Anybody having huge/ good appetites and easily hungered? I'm afraid of gaining too much weight that either bb will be big-sized or i'm gonna have difficulty to lose them after delivery... lol

hi michelle.. i like aussino bedsheets =) will get from there... i din know they sell bb mattress too.. will take a look! thanks

I'm very tempted to go Motherhood exhibition! bought the magazine already...
and thanks shelled for the advertisement! =)
 
shelled

Oh! Ok, nvr heard b4. I only know normal brands like Pampers, Drypers, Huggies, & Mamy Poko. Any good? Are they cheap? Seems like there're so many things to buy wor!

Okie! I jiayou! Went to eat 2 muffins & iced tea at Kenny Rogers to cheer myself up during lunch hehe.

flower, jess

I have put on 11 kg liao. And 7 of them were over the past 8 weeks! That's like 1kg/week! Sudden explosion of weight. Very scard I kena the GD thing
 
New_MTB> Capella S705 is definitely in our consideration.
Whats the price difference that u decided on Perego???

kiddo> what!!??? u are not going alone??? then i'll be so left out!! I tot we are meeting to go together.. oh man.....
wah...faint....

mama6>u wanan meet me instead??? i'm tagging along to see what i can get one leh..... i got no list at all!!!!

shelled> thanks for the post!! u gg to Expo on thur?? wanna meet together???

Michelle> yeah yeah..thats why we love the capella... i hope i wont burst my budget tmr at Expo!! hahhaa..
i wonder how much cheaper.. if its really CHEAPER than what i've searched so far... may buy one.. Bu7t...
depends la.... hehehe :p

flower> not me la... i know nothing abt cordyceps.. hahaha.. :p

Jess> i've put on 6kg so far... 27 weeks today!
happy.gif

still eating normal portion...not really good appetite still....

what magazine huh????
 
for me its the other way round leh. my appetite soo small nowadays. i can be eatg breakfast at 10am and will fell so full n bloated whole noon that i think i can just survive on only 1 meal per day!
 
rach
what time u gg? i hv gynae appt at 10am hope i can be home by 12! dunno how long i need to wait tomo. i need to drop my kids at popular fair before gg to motherhood fair. cant confirm time leh maybe abt 2plus. i also have no lists leh. just grabbing what i think is necessary
 
mama6> Mmm.. i got appt at 9am.. if i finished by 11am with my client.. i'll prob be on my way there... i can hang there a while i guess.. hahaha.. my next appt is 4pm Bugis.. so if i can walk that long.. i'll just hang ard at expo...with so many fairs... just a little boring to hang ard alone....

I'll be getting a car tmr most likely..so that i can make some purchases if i need to.... unless see if my HB will be free to go with me.... after his site manning......
 
does any1 has a cure for blocked nose? my hubby having SERIOUS block nose everyday. after bath will sneeze very loud for quit long. in the middle of the night , if wake up to go toilet, he cant sleep back for hours cos the nose block, making him very terrible... somemore he always drink many water, i oso no noe y like this.

he say nose like got much dirt and need to sneeze out, hope u guys have a way for me... this is happening everyday so c doc oso no use cos medicine finish still come back.

hope that there be a way to cure it completely
 
teenie> my fren who used her had c-sect...and prob will have another c-sect this time round..

Her EDD is 1st Jun...
Baby's still inside....
Her cervix aint dilated, still hard and tight...
If things doesnt change for the better, she'll have to schedule for c-sect next week liaoz...
poor thing....
 
Rach
just dun buy things out of impulse and u will be ok! many will try to sell u things there la.

Lin
does ur hub have allergies? cos i have sensitive nose too and it gets worst with preg. on some days its ok on some days quite bad i gotta use lots of pillows to elevate my head so i can sleep. air con also worsen it but no choice i cant sleep wo air con! i also will sneeze after bath and when i wake up.
 
Hi jul
I think i'm going to get 1kg heavier per wk too.. haha

Hi rach.. it the Motherhood magazine.. got some little adverts of the exhibition vendors.. the one Shelled shared has more info!
There is free Motherhood magazines to be given out during the exhibition too. =)

Oh i just realised tmr is the exhibition already... lol
 
berrypie

You have a very good hubs!! My hubs used to make Emperor's Chicken for me, with wine and all. But very long never cook for me already.
sad.gif



Jul

I dunno good or not leh. We also only use the common brands like Pampers and Huggies... Easier to buy also mah. If uncommon brand, might be hard to find and stock up.


Rach

I not sure what time I'm going tmr leh. But probably will be early afternoon, after lunch, I guess.

Tmr my hubs on leave, so we'll be going as a family as well... Cos tmr is my boy's 2nd birthday!! So fast, he's 2 already.
biggrin.gif
If you don't mind, I sms you before we go lah. See if we happen to be there around the same time?


Re: Weight gain

I dunno how to count my weight gain leh. Cos I was ard 75kg, then went down to 72kg cos of puking and no appetite, then now I'm abt 78kg.

So does it count that I gain 3kg? Or does it count that I gain 6kg already?
 
jess

Aiyoh, how ah? I cannpot affod to gain another 12kg leh! *panicked*

shelled

I tot ur boy's bday was ard the time we met up? Coz u brought him for photoshoot as present right?
 
shelled> hahaha..take heart that u've only put on 3kg la... since u started with 75kg... hahhahha... :p

okok..just drop me a sms la.. at least u & hub.. not so intimidating.. hahaha...kiddo has a whole family with MIL & SIL! Faint.. hahahah... :p
 
Hi Shelled,

My hub only does it once or twice a month. But he did the all housework...bcos he got "jie pe", cannot do heavy cooking too so seldom cook at home too...sigh
 
argg.. there are so many fairs going on at expo.. oh man.. i still plan to go on sat leh... sigh... wonder if better to go tmr evening after work then...

mummies going to the fair,
do update on wat's gd buy k.. cos i'm also a blur blur mtb here... haben buy much things at all... only steriliser and bottle warmer...
 
Jul

EH, i never bring my boy for what photoshoot leh. His birthday is tmr! I never remember wrongly!! *checks birth cert* DOn't scare me arh!!

Tmr... *ahem ahem* take MC *cough cough*
lol.gif



Rach

3kg?!?! Nooooooooooo. I feel so abnormal. I think with my #1 I already put on 12kg by now. I wonder how my BB still can grow until a bit overweight lor... Really is sucking nutrients off my stored fats arh??
 
weight gain!==>
dunno how leh.. im scared too.. always bring plain bread to eat in office.. ez to snack on when i'm hungry.. either that will be biscuit & instant cereal..
my doc calculated weight gain from the difference of the 1st weighing till current..

exhibition!==>
i wanna go too!!
anyone willing to take my hp number n msg me some of the items i'm looking for (if you happen to see them)? =D
 
oh any experienced mommies can advise on the bb wipes, bb laundry detergent/ bottle cleaners etc?
too many brands in the market...
thanks a lot!

i personally dun like J&J bb wipes.. sting my skin when i used them.
 
berrypie

But that is damn sweet nonetheless! My hubs only do the heavier housework like washing toilets cos he say scared my back pain from squatting down & bending over.

As for my emperor's chicken... the last time he cook it was almost a year ago already. I must bug him to cook for me again while I am still pregnant. Must love me and baby!
biggrin.gif
 
Jess

What items are you looking for? I don't mind sending you sms to update you when i'm there.
happy.gif


Personally we only use J&J wipes so far, very good for my boy's bum leh. The PIGEON wipes his ass will kenna some light rash. I also dunno why.
 
Afternoon, gals!

Wipes / Laundry Detergent

Jess, my frd rec Pigeon fragrant free baby wipes and Kodomo Baby Laundry Detergent
happy.gif
 
mamato6

Cannot. Too much work to do *sigh*

shelled

Wah! U teach bad thing!

Huh? Then who's the one with photoshoot???

milkyway

I lagi more busy this weekend. I got aqua fitness at KKH on Sat. Antenatal class at AMK on Sun. How to go shopping on weekend?

jess

I just heck care bot Pigeon. I have 10 packs of Pigeon BB wipes & 2 packs of Pigeon laundry powder & 3 bots of Pigeon liquid detergent & 5 packs of Pigeon breast pads & Pigeon shampoo & body wash (But I heard from the mummies here that BB doesn't need the shamppo & soap the first few weeks, just those one or 2 drops of top to toe wash wud do). I just went to Robinsons sale then grab coz on offer. I very gian offer/sale one haha.
 
Lin
oh i had it for long long time. on certain seasons of the year it doesnt bother me but when its cold or when im preg, it starts. i have learnt to live with it lah. just have to control it. if its allergy u cant cure it completely lah just have to control it. my specialist said that cuttg dairies will help a lot. ur hub eat lots of dairy not? i drank so much milk when i had #3 i had a horrible time with my nose! but my condition always bad when i wake up, in the noon like now its ok
happy.gif
later go enter air con room before sleep it starts again!
 
moojenn

I also haven't gotten down to looking at list of things yet. I've been just gog to sales & seeing what is obviously needed, then buy. Hmm.. guess I shd atart to get more systematic.
 
Shelled
i also like J&J wipes leh cos its v thick and smell nice
happy.gif
i dun like pigeon its v thin and the smell like alcohol even though its suppose to be alcohol free. but i do use them from time to time. as for tollyjoy etccc... i never used before
 
milkyway
Thanks for clearing that up!! Jul really is blur lor!!
lol.gif


Jul
Aiyah, every ass is different. Maybe your bb's bum ok with Pigeon leh? But you really damn kiasu. 10 packs?!

Eh, how come you buy Pigeon laundry powder AND liquid? I think just the liquid one will do lor. And for us, 1 bottle use damnnnnnnn long. Cos the liquid SO powerful, only need to use one-third cap for a full washing machine load! (Cos I lazy to handwash arh, so I just scrub off any stains then pop into machine.)

Moojenn
I think you first need to figure out what can be reused from #1, then add on to the list? I went thru all my #1's things then wrote down what have to be bought again. Eg: Nice going-out clothes & some new booties/mittens, cos those from my #1 are quite worn out due to scrubbing. Those I will let #2 wear at home instead.
 
Wipes, washing liquid, laundry detergen

wipes - tried many brands. Likes - 1) tollyjoy, 2) anakku. Dislikes - 1) lonelytune. Others - so, so.

washing liquid - tried pigeon and tollyjoy. Prefre Pigeon, for sure.

Laundry detergen - tried a few, now using the A-B-D one, cos usually can get at good price at kiddy palace.
 
Wah seh... one day and the forums are filled and jam packed with information!

Thanks for the stroller advice again.

flower4
For cordyceps, you can add meat like the normal soups. There's no pref for morning or evening. I normally boil it for soup at dinner. Soups and the morning... not quite us.
The only precaution I'm taking is that I dun let my wife eat the cordyceps (as advised by the TCM lady). She just drinks the soup.

Hope this helps.
 
As I read through the forums, am wondering if the 2nd time mothers would be able to teach us noobs on the stuff to buy?

I've inherited a whole lot of stuff and I have no idea what to do, and what to buy. All the reading in the library and subscribing to mags dun seem to be doing much. Aurgh!
 
Hi Shelled,

Yap my hub is sweet but he is a smoker which i dont like...

Is J&J wipes realli better than pigeon? Im gg to the exhibition too..hopefully can settle all at once..
 
Hehe.. I had fun reading and chatting with all mommies here...
And thanks for the advice on the brands of the wipes/ detergent :p

Shopping List==>
I had made a long shopping list since last month.. dividing into for BB/ Mommy/ Confinement :p super kiasu.. has been going over the list almost alternate day.. lol
Hard to try to stick to the list when going to shop.. lol
For all ur reference, I found this while surfing.. quite a comprehensive list compared to mine :
http://sg.******************/articles/preparing_for_baby_checklist

Just hope BB butt will not rash with whatever brand i buy :p

Hi Shelled.. had send u a PM with my hp number!
=)
 
Jess
This is somewhat awkward... I had a part in that article cos I'm a freelance writer with TheAsianParent.
lol.gif


berrypie
Well, better a smoker who loves and takes care of you, than a non-smoker who doesn't care. We can't all be perfect.
happy.gif


Gerald
I think the best way to figure it all out is through chatting with other parents. Sometimes we can miss out on certain items that other moms/dads will remind us of!
 
mamato6

Also like the J&J smell! Hahaha

shelled

Dunno leh. Got those 6 packs in 1 offer for $19.50 so I buy lor. I did buy the blue pack Pigeon ones 4 packs, coz they smell much better than the red packs. Similar to J&J smell.

No no! The laundry powder for clothes & the liquid detergent is dishwashing/bottle, not for clothes! U still luff at me for being blur *sniff*

I'll also throw into the machine haha!
 

moojenn

I understand. I think I have been over spending. But luckiyl I have been only buying soaps, detergents, breast pads, wipes etc.. sure will use one.

Thjose toys, gadgets etc, I have not bot. Took me some control man haha.
 

Back
Top