(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">Thermal cooker</font>

I just bought thermal pot lately in taka. Bought a 6l tiger free one 1.5l endo. Well I spent the time last weekend to go around orchard to survey thermal pots. Went to OG and Robinsons, both selling la gourmet ones at same price. Then I went to taka, the only place that I have gone so far selling tiger. I find that tiger is thicker, and it can store up to 10 hours. La gourmet is abit thinner, can store up to 8 hours. I think endo is the thinnest( my personal opinion) and the cheapest. Thermos also got thermal cooker, the range same with tiger, but no promotion for the size that I am going for. Another good thing about tiger is that it has handles by the side, easier to remove the inner pot when it is hot.

All in all, it's about 一分钱,一分货, so depends what you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay. I have google online and some say the cheaper ones are equally good too. Have yet to start using them, will try them out when I shift to my new home after this weekend.

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">maelyn,</font></font>
u are shifting too?
Looks like many mummies shifting lately.. Hee hee...
Can't wait to shift end of June too...
My new gate just went up this morning... Hee... So excited...
happy.gif

Sept Baby T-Shirt/Romper

1. rach
2. Maelyn
3. Girly
4. Baeyby
5. wenlim777
6. Ling (any chance of a polo tee? heez)
7. chinyin (tcy)
8. Enxuan ( keen on 3 shirts, for entire family)
9. Sheryn Toh
10. Itsy (Romper for Ian, tee for me, Polo for dad.. can?)
11. bernice(purpleclouds)
12. Shirley (Keen on 3 t-shirts for the family too)
13. berrypie
14. Kaira
15. Paige
16. Corinne (keen on family tee for 3 as well)
17. kiki
18. Rorqual
19. milkyway
20. Angel
21. tlisa
22. prinzess55
23. princessxiaomei
24. Melissa (Keen on 3 t-shirts for the family too)
25. Christina

Sept Baby T-Shirt/Romper

1. rach
2. Maelyn
3. Girly
4. Baeyby
5. wenlim777
7. chinyin (tcy)
9. Sheryn Toh
13. berrypie
14. Kaira
15. Paige
17. kiki
18. Rorqual
19. milkyway
20. Angel
21. tlisa
22. prinzess55
23. princessxiaomei
25. Christina
26. Jess (Interested in family pack too!)

<font color="ff0000">Sept babies playgroup #2</font>

Date: 28th May, Friday Vesak Day
Time: 1pm
There is free parking at neighboring blk.
Food: If you guys wanna bring food then bring lor. Else I'll prepare drink and some snack.

Attendees...
Rach - 1 adult
Kiki - 1 adult
Shirley - 1 adult
Melissa - 1 adult (hubby can only confirm nearer to date)
Sheryn - 1 adult
Bernice - 1 adult
princessxiaomei - 1 Adult
waiwai (tentative) - 1 adult
Ling - 1 adult
joopz - 1 adult
milkyway - TBC
Ling - will try to join in
jiahui - TBC
jess - tentative 1 adult (no one bring hubb?)

what time will it roughly end? in case bb nap time stretches over more than 2 hours... =)

jolimilk,
ergo doesn't have a piece of cloth in between you and your baby's chest. my boys don't seem to mind the heat inside the ergo at all. they can be sweating profusely, but still seating inside the ergo contentedly. for them, it's more important that the parent carries them snugly so sweating a bit is not important. but for me, i will feel super hot and irritated if i'm using the ergo to wait for the bus in a non-air conditioned busstop. solution is that i always wear a spagetti strap whenever i need to ergo the boys so that i won't feel so hot, and when they lie on my chest to sleep (rach is right, they can sleep 2-3 hours in the ergo), they won't have clumps of sweaty hair on my chest.

rach,
you shifting in end of june? post pics of your new house on FB okie, cos i'll be curious to see how ray's design turns out to be like =) i'm finally going to be getting my keys at HDB this afternoon. but i estimate will only be able to move in during aug/sep period because reno will take more than 2 months.

Rach > Ya Ya, I am shifting soon! So happy ! Can't wait to live in my new house. It all started since last year November, paid the deposit, then wait n wait for the first app, then wait again another 2 months for 2nd app, then waited for Reno to be done, finally should be ready to shift in this weekend. WooHoo!

<font color="dc143c">sandwich</font>
yup yup!! hahha.. :p
Finally.. a place we can call home.... so now is... BROKE.. very broke.. and i've got 4 weddings.. dun even know how to give AP... >.<""""
I will post.. hahah.. every now and then will walk over to take pics.. kekeke... :p
Hahah..every house design is different.. depends on what u want..
we hacked the storeroom..
So its a open kitchen and living room.. :p
His designs got my inputs... just like every house he designs has the owner's input to suit the owner's preference.. hehehehe.. :p
Kindda exciting.. finally my house is not doorless anymore.. it was doorless for 2 weeks.. coz we hacked it down on the 1st day.. wahahha...
Now its nice nice!! whheee... but the inside still quite bare... Air con up this week.. then will be carpentry.. wooooh.... so exciting.. :p

Ooh.. just getting ur keys only... yah.. we catered 2months to slowly do... so its not everyday got people doing work one... and permit delayed by HDB also... so everything also delayed one week... dun rush.. then it will come out sui sui.. some owners just want rush rush fast fast... then if floor not dry enough, carpentry not dry enough.. also like that..
slowly do then sui sui la... hahaha.. :p
No rush, workers no stress, can take their time to do.... rush rush later sloppy job..
hahaha...

But u doing alot meh?? 2mos is big project leh...
Like we hack EVERYTHING and it became a BARE and NAKED house... then slowly stick everything back... else 4-6weeks is reasonable time frame.. :p

Rach>
My new place at Bishan, working place also Bishan, hehe.. Kinda get use the place here adi.. I engaged Northwest Design. I was not very familiar with the Reno companies here, just surveyed a few, than finally chosen the package by Northwest. I signed up before I joined this thread ler, if not can assign your HB do for us, hor.. ;)

your kitchen is open concept ar? Mine too! Wah you do alot of hacking, my house also alot of hacking, initially 4 bedrooms, but we hacked down one become dinning. Previously the owner hack their master and second room, now we put back the wall become 2 bedrooms.

<font color="119911">sandwich</font>
Thanks for the info. Could be the Beco that has a cloth inside that Rach mentioned earlier. I definitely need to get a carrier. Haha, feeling like buying both Ergo and Manduca, then see which one better and sell away the other one. Wishful thinking! I cannot wear spagetti straps ah, still can't lose the weight I gained, kinda give up already, haha...

<font color="119911">rach</font>
you really very tokong...can do so many things at one time. Good you can finally have your own place. My place so messy but no one can tell I should clean it up because it's MY place, haha!

<font color="119911">Paige</font>
Thanks for info on Cold Storage. Looks like they are the only supermart that sells the most range of organic food.

<font color="0000ff">Freezing avocado</font>
I freezed the left over avocado 2 days ago. Checked it today, and it's still green leh. Wonder why Annabel Karmel says not to freeze it...

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+2">Sept Playgroup #2</font></font>
Those attendees.... if u have anything with me, let me know.. then i bring...

for now, i'm only bringing for:
itsy
sheryn

Sept Baby T-Shirt/Romper

1. rach
2. Maelyn
3. Girly
4. Baeyby
5. wenlim777
7. chinyin (tcy)
9. Sheryn Toh
13. berrypie
14. Kaira
15. Paige
17. kiki
18. Rorqual
19. milkyway
20. Angel
21. tlisa
22. prinzess55
23. princessxiaomei
25. Christina
27. june_june

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Sept babies playgroup #2</font></font>

Date: 28th May, Friday Vesak Day
Time: 1pm - 5pm
There is free parking at neighboring blk.
Food: If you guys wanna bring food then bring lor. Else I'll prepare drink and some snack.

Attendees...
Rach - 1 adult
Kiki - 1 adult
Shirley - 1 adult
Melissa - 1 adult (hubby can only confirm nearer to date)
Sheryn - 1 adult
Bernice - 1 adult
princessxiaomei - 1 Adult
waiwai (tentative) - 1 adult
Ling - 1 adult
joopz - 1 adult
milkyway - TBC
Ling - will try to join in
jiahui - TBC
jess - tentative 1 adult (no one bring hubb?)

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">mummies who need my address, please PM me, ok.</font></font>

<font color="119911">Rach</font>
Same here! Thanks to Ian' PD, who gave me Nestle Oat w/ Prune sachets, tot it's convenient to bring out so I fed him that in Genting. Now he doesn't like HB cereal! I must add a scoop of Nestle into HB then he'll eat. But I agree, Nestle cereal smell and taste better.

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff"> itsy</font></font>
ya Lo.. Nestle is sweet!!! Last nite I pour out 1/4 pkt cuz nowdays keep throwing away wasted... Who knows she not enough.. I pour out the whole pkt n she finished 95%... left abit bit only... But while preparing also can smell the sweetness liaoz I tried once really nice leh... Lol...
Too bad nestle is not organic... But maybe in future will just let her eat nestle.... For now, trying to finish my HB..
so far I only at my 4th tin of HB, since I started her on cereal at 5months plus.... Think she eat very little solid leh....

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff"> healthy times barley cereal</font></font>
expiring 1sept 2011
BNIB.
2pkt $12 include normal postage. Anyone keen PM me...

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff"> weight</font></font>
just weighed Rayanne yest... She's about 7.5kg.
Very light hor??
Dunno issit she's light boned or lack of sleep hence she not growing fast...
She has just doubled her birth weight at 8 mos!!

<font color="119911">Rach</font>
Ian was 7.8kg last month and PD told me he needs to put on weight. But it's tough cos he doesn't take FM and I can't keep stuffing him with food too. Is it true that more sleep then will put on weight? Ian sleeps a lot (sometimes) and I find that it's no good cos it eats into his meal time... so in the end, he eats less.

<font color="dc143c">maelyn</font>
oooh.. Northwest.. one of the cheapest renov company ard... they dunno get their stuffs from where one.. everything is like below cost.. lol...

<font color="dc143c">jolimilk</font>
yah.. but i hope i dun have to have a messy home..
both HB and me are clean freaks... (really!) but i given up on my current place.. so i let it be...
haahhaa..maybe the mentality is..its not my place anyway.. ops... lol....

itsy
u didnt give me ur addy in ur pm leh... hehe

rach
i'm also clean freak.. but now i have loosen up... simply have to close 1 eye or even both eyes.. simply no time and too tired to do any housework after work man... wkends also burnt going to mil's place... so dont set too high a standard lah... have ur OWN home is already very xin fu... IMO!

<font color="dc143c"><font size="+1">Deisgn Sept Baby Tshirt</font></font>
<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">Closing Date: 28th May 2010, 10pm</font></font>

Submission as of now: 0

Hhahaha.. hurry designers!!!

<font color="119911">rach</font>
Haha, you don't have to have messy home. Neat or messy, whatever it is, it's ENTIRELY up to you and your hb. Nothing beats having your own place.
happy.gif
Congrats!

jolimilk> haha. but his papa bye bye is meaningless to him =p

anyway it's still cute to hear him say tat. he's been on it for at least 2wks. one day we were both sleepy with him lying in btw us. den he suddenly said papa bye bye. den my hubby suddenly subconciously ask me. did u hear him? hahaha. so funny =p

itsy> my boy was 7.7kg when i brought him to take his prevanar. doc din mentioned anything. maybe cos he suddenly gained 0.5kg liao. n he sleeps very little. even de ifc commented he sleep so little, will be harder to grow big.

but he's juz so kpo. any slight noise by the new babies n he'll wake up to c -_-

mama to 6js,

You are using <font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">iPAD</font></font>!! okay, I am a gadget freak, so I am over-reacting to your ipad! Haha.. How issit? Good ar? Where u buy and how much? SG not yet launch ipad ler.. Heard that it will be ex here..
sad.gif

mamato6js
u got an ipad!!! Cool!! Hubby couldn't get it in NY. It's OOS!!!! He wanna get 2, one for own and another to sell... But sad lah.. Don't have wor...

itsy
i'm keen to try kindermusik but when kimberly is older. you're thinking of going now? i notice that even for the youngest class, the babies are quite old, at least around 10 mths, can walk assisted leh. thats why i don't really wanna go so soon. wanna join us at gymboree for trial? kimberly goes to the sunday class.
happy.gif

rach
oh...glad rayanne likes the prune n oats. i've not open mine to try yet. hmm...after ur review maybe i won't wanna feed her that since it seems like after that they will hiam HB cereal being more bland?

problems with feeding milk
ok...now my turn to have problems feeding! urgh! damn tiring nowadays. my girl has learned to hold her bottle (well..sort of...) she got no strength to hold a full bottle but she definately got strength to push it out of her mouth. then she'd look at it...wanna grab it and shake it (except, this is milk bottle and not her no-spill sippy cup, milk will fly all over!) then stuff it back into her mouth. she just keeps doing it many many times. more like playing then wanting to drink! its such a struggle to make her drink her milkfeeds in peace! really wanna cry in frustration.

paige
how was tofu last nite? does kate like it?

I love nestle cereal w oats... Smells so nice but it's a pity my boy is allergic to It, so still sticking to HB cereals. Yes...the nestle cereal is v sweet.

Sept Baby T-Shirt/Romper

1. rach
2. Maelyn
3. Girly
4. Baeyby
5. wenlim777
7. chinyin (tcy)
9. Sheryn Toh
13. berrypie
14. Kaira
15. Paige
17. kiki
18. Rorqual
19. milkyway
20. Angel
21. tlisa
22. prinzess55
23. princessxiaomei
25. Christina
27. june_june
28. mamato6js

baby yogurt
ntuc finest have it...the yoplait one for 6+ mths. i got it at the one at thomson plaza. there is another brand yobaby organic bb yogurt, can be found at the marketplace, have not seen it elsewhere though. kimberly is taking this one now. its expensive $16 bucks for a pack of 6! have not tried the yoplait ones that i bought though...that one much cheaper, abt $5+ bucks for a pack of 6s. kimberly loves the yobaby ones though...can finish 1 pack + additional puree which i add to it.

<font color="dc143c">mama6</font>
Yah!! u are using <font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">iPad!!!</font></font>
*drool* its soo cool can.. my fren bought in US.. SGD$1400... he shipped back fastest way.. US$200 shipping fee.. man....
the whole thing costs about $1700 man.. kaoz...

rach
u go tampines quite often rite? think there is a branch of ntuc finest there...u can try if u happen to be there. actually the yoplait ones are lesser in qty 70g, while the yobaby one is more 113g. so come to think of it...yoplait also not exactly cheap, plus it is not organic. i mean, if mommies are particular abt feeding organic then go for the yobaby ones.

kiki> my boy love the baby yoplait. can finish 1tub with avocado in it too. glad to see him enjoy it. i tried. it taste yummy

have not seen the other one u mentioned.

Thermal Cooker
Like what Maelyn said, its really 一分钱,一分货. I also did some reserach and went out looking at the individual thermal cookers. In the end I bought Thermos Shuffle Chef. I bought that as hubby and I feel that the more expensive ones have better insulation when compared to Endo cooker. I also agree with Maelyn that Endo has the thinnest walls. Our personal opinion too.

I have been using Thermos Shuffle Chef and is pretty happy with the results. I just need to put the rice and some meat into the pot. Let it boil for 10 mins and put it into the pot insulated pot. Usually this is done at about 6 am on weekdays. Before feeding my girl, my MIL just add the veg into the pot and wait for about another 5 mins before scooping it out to feed my girl.

The remainding porridge is kept till about 7pm till we feed her when we are back from work. The porridge is still warm at 7pm. We just add in the pureed veg which I had frozen and heat it up a little. Then its ready to feed her!

I like this as I don't have to monitor the porridge for fear that it will be burnt. Hehehe.. Lazy mummy.

Oohhh my mum bought the Endo cooker to cook soup. Its also does it job well but its definately cheaper then what I had paid for.

Jeni,

Yes yes, I am using manuduca carrier. Its pretty good for me. I don't experiance any backache. I have tried the other carriers and so did hubby. Both of us prefer manudca after trying the others. I find that the others are more complicated when using as in compared to Manudca hence we bought that instead.

I also agree that a carrier is a must. There are some places where its not stroller friendly. So both hubby and I prefer to use the carrier when we go out at times. It is more comfy and my girl does not complaint when she is in there. hehehe...

I do recommend that you try the carriers out before you purchase them. Choose the one that you like or feel comfortable with.

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff"> thermos</font></font>
I still have a few pink n blue foogo left..
Any mummies want let me know...
I can also spree thermos at very good prices...
Any model available locally can be combined as long as we have abt 25-30pcs...

Funtainers also can I think..
If we can get another 30 moq I can spree it...
happy.gif

kiki> initially i tot my boy wun like it. but wow. so happy to see him enjoy it. if i feed him too slow, he actually cries. wah lau. stressed. haha

<font color="119911">Michelle and Kiki</font>
Ian doesn't seems to like baby yoplait. He made a funny face when I tried feeding it to him plain. Ate 1/3 of it after I added banana, the rest ended up in my stomach. Hahha He's so picky with his food, gonna be like his father...difficult.

<font size="+1"><font color="0000ff"> itsy</font></font>
I still trying to find that yoghurt Lo... Sigh...
But Rayanne used to happy melts liaoz...

I'm ordering Batch 6 happy baby by Friday.. I will order happy puffs this batch... Anyone wants to tag along?

Back