(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

kam,
not all ntuc outlet have...cos not a very popular product and that time i remember there is a period no stock for this...

that time only the small tin available(hardly see big tin in NTUC)...
but that time sheng shiong got plenty stock lor...

now i can find in almost all the ntuc outlet i go...

<font color="119911">Tks Pamelia</font>
My life damn salty, eng eng every day but come birthday, I was loaded with work and got to burn midnight oil, slept 4 hrs, wake up early to carrying on working. Luckily I managed to finish in the morning and we all went to Sentosa for the day. Wonder at what age then our babies will appreciate Universal Studio.

Hey Itsy,

Happy Belated from all in my household. With regards to Universal Studio, I think will prob bring Marc when he's bout 2?

Good Afternoon to all!

Hi Kam/Sandwich,

Thanks for your advice. The result is out, my bb bronchitis is caused by bacteria not virus. PD prescribe antibotic for him. Will consult him again tmr cos dont know how the bacteria get to him..

<font color="119911">Thanks Gerald</font>
Ya I agree 2 is a good age... so before that, mummy and daddy will go play first :p

<font color="119911"><font size="+2">Sengkang Fitti Diaper</font></font>
Order will be delivered on Monday, so collection can be after that. Do give me a call or sms b4 coming.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">HAPPY BABY FOOD!</font></font>

Order has just reached my vpost addy at 8.53am today and I have just just just made payment! Bad news is that delivery is 5-8 working days.... hmmm... should be shipped out today bah since its still very early in US now. Will update via email again
happy.gif

<font color="119911"><font size="+2">Sengkang Fitti Diaper</font></font>
There's extra, anyone else wants, pls contact me.

Hi everyone, its been a long time since i logged in...anyone using tommee tippee bottles? i thought price is quite reasonable for BPA-free bottles. Also for those mummies who do not use BPA-free bottles or baby cutlery, can you share why? same for non-organic cereal and fruits...

mummies,

just wanna share that i started making puree and my boy just simply loves butternut + carrot. i think is nice too. So happy that he seems to enjoy that with the rice cereal. At least he will take the rice cereal.

btw, i saw some posting on rice cereal, in fact i uses frisocream and i find it quite sweet. I used to mix it with my EBM hoping that my boy will be fuller but it does not work..he stills drink every 2-3 hours..hahahaha

michelle
after u fed your boy banana puree, did he poo faster and more then usual? my girl poo poo twice within half an hr! *faint* by the way, what type of banana did u use to make the puree? the big ones or the small ones? got difference?

kam
i steam the potatos for 15 mins leh..end up not cooked still hard, so i steamed for a further 30 mins. hope i didn't lose all the nutrients! today i tried to defroze it in my avent warmer, but it couldn't defroze properly! where did i put my manual, now i got to find it...maybe its different from heating up milk! but i did choose the freeze option. anyone knows? how much water should i add to the warmer ah???

berrypie
hope your boy gets well soon. sounds quite serious!
sad.gif

cindy
your boy rashes around the mouth? could it be an allergy reaction? have u started him on solids? i also don't think that its due to not steralising the bottles.

happy bellies> hey, check with u all, one time u all order, how much u must order to minimise shipping cost? might wanna order for myself n hubby's colleague.

xmasc
how much puree + cereal does your boy take each time? my cereal always turns very watery halfway thru the feed coz my girl is such a sloooowww eater! how to fix this problem??

michelle
how much did u feed? hmm... my pd said brown rice can sometimes give constipation. could it be because i fed pure banana thats why poo more? coz when i put in with brown rice cereal poo was ok.

Hi Sandwich, ur boys see e PD at NUH? same here..can't wait for e mrt station net to NUH to be ready so its even more convennient to get there...btw, what is a good age to start older babies/toddlers on childcare? 18 months? what sort of enrichment programmes are gd?

kiki,
i trying to stick on to the following schedule. brown rice cereal/ porridge for two meals in a day. Usually noon and late afternoon de.

i usually put my feeding bowl on another bowl of hot water so that it will not turn watery.

kiki,
It's good to always check if the food has been cooked properly. It's 10-15min after the water has been boiled (I am using a rice cooker). So in total (from the time I put the food into the rice cooker) takes about 30min. It's better to be overcooked than undercooked :) Very soon you will know how long it takes for different type of food.

michelle - yup got the shipping rate liao. less than $3 per tin for shipping only so its roughly the same price as the bp or slightly cheaper. and i order 60 tins wor... i may wanna spree again leh. u wan to tompang? cos if get more, more worthwhile lor

solids - just fed jacob with healthytimes brown rice cereal today!!! once in the morning and once in the afternoon. the morning one not so successful cos maybe too much bm hence watery, and he was sleepy. afternoon one was gd! he likes it! i made it more gooey and he kept licking the spoon and suck so hard on the spoon like sucking milk! and refused to let go!!! hehe so fun! yesterday let him licked the apple i was eating. then my mum took over and let him suck the apple. he literally grabbed my mum's hand to shove the apple in his mouth and sucked very hard! so my mum poked the apple with a fork so tt he can get more juice
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Happy Bellies Cereal</font></font>

I got order extra, so those who are keen to get more, let me know. I may wanna spree again so if anyone wanna order and stock up, let me know after i have pass u the cereal. Can also get puff and meltz.

caspinall
tommee tippee good? i was looking at the bowls cos it has lid and can attach spoon on the lid so pretty convenient to feed on the move but hor, not bpa free i think....

marie
you bot the organic fruits and veg from pasir panjang wholesale market? which part ah? cos its so bloody big there!!! haha! cheaper? may wanna pop by there to get also since not too far for me. i also thinking of going to the organic farms in cck area to look see as an outing for the family!

Cookiezz
I find tommee tippee quite gd. except their new range of bottles - e markings are not clear at all. can hardly see...not sure abt e feeding bowl whether bpa free or not. i think pigeon bpa free range is not bad?

<font color="119911">sharon</font>
I've seen it in Isetan, Taka and Carrefour so far. But it's more expensive in Taka even after discount. Model number is MCW-P091 for the 0.9L one. They also have a smaller one at 0.7L

<font color="119911">Michelle &amp; sandwich</font>
ya, I also heard the porridge will "cook" by itself. Maybe you can ask your Mgr how to use it? ya,like so magical. Can't understand how it works, but I've heard some mommies swear by it.

<font color="0000ff">Healthy Times @ NTUC</font>
Hey, I just realised the Healthy Times I bought at NTUC is only 6oz, whereas the one I saw at Vitakids is 8oz; and both are retailing at around the same price $6.90-$7.

Are there 2 sizes in NTUC?

Hi <font color="119911">Rachel</font>
not sure about decreasing the supply, although I know for sure the caffeine will get to baby, causing some babies to be extra fidgetty. Then again, some babies can take it alright.

kiki> he nv constipate leh. more normal leh. even before i start him on brown rice, he oso poo abt 2-3times a day. now still the same.

i give my boy abt 15ml of cereal (before adding water) and 3cm of banana (before adding water). not alot. =p

paige> today i went infant care ask them wat cereal they give my boy. dey give de nestle one. keke. tell me i can bring my own one if i prefer a specific brand =p

cookiezz> where u stay? hubby's colleague wanna try de brown rice cereal. so if u r wking or staying near me/hubby, might get one from u. reason y i wanna order myself is cos i lazy to meetup =x

jolimilk> keke. mgr was so bz today n i had to rush off early for wk. so better dun go ka jiao her. wait i kena made to wk late too =x

not sure abt healthy times, but i remember seeing only one size in ntuc.

<font color="119911">rach</font>
Did you mention sippy cups? What are those?

<font color="0000ff">Purees</font>
Babies eat purees until how old ah?

<font color="0000ff">my little seat</font> - bought a similar one from kidzloft during the sales, brought it to KL and Penang and it was really really really useful for me!! At least the whole family can sit and eat together! And I fed Kate cereal and puree in that seat too.

<font color="0000ff">michelle</font> ya, i kinda expected they will feed some 'more readily available' cereal....so was kinda wondering whether to just stick to non-organic cereal and fruits/veg as mon-fri baby will be fed non-organic stuff anyway! *sigh*

its only 11:30am and i'm already soooo tired!! Too pampered and spoilt for 2 weeks, now I feel so lost alone at home! arghh!

<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">Milkyway...</font>

I happen to read the archives n saw u enquirin on buffets. I do have a list I recorded from the TV show "Buffet Buffet" last yr. I have posted here in thread before but its way bef we delivered.

Here it goes again...

Episode 1: Lunch Buffet
Under $20
Geek Terminal at Market Street from $13.90++
Between $20-$30
Carnivore at Vivocity from $28++
*another branch located at Siglap
Above $30
Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel from $37++

Episode 2: Dinner Buffet
Under $20
Bombay Cafe at Suntec City from $14.90 without GST
Between $20-$30
Harbourfront City Restaurant at PSA Building from $27.80++
*A-la-carte buffet, min 4 pax
Above $30
Melt The World Cafe at Mandarin Oriental hotel from $70++
*Add $25 for free flow of drinks/alcohol

Episode 3: Dim Sum Buffet
Under $20
Lao Baijing at Plaza Singapura from $10.20++
*A-la-carte buffet, other branches available including Novena Square
Between $20-$30
Peach Blossoms at Marina Mandarin Hotel from $28.80++
*A-la-carte buffet
Above $30
Hai Tien Lo at Pan Pacific Marina Hotel from $58++ (holiday price)
*A-la-carte buffet

Episode 4: Breakfast Buffet
Under $20
Delifrance Bistro at Toa Payoh Library from $9.90++ (weekend price)
*not available at Delifrance Cafe and Express Corners
Between $20-$30
Grand Copthrone Waterfront Hotel from $29++
Above $30
Olive Tree at Hotel InterContinental from $36++

Episode 5: Hi-Tea Buffet
Under $20
Nonya Cafe at North Bridge Centre from $8.80 without GST (weekend price)
Between $20-$30
Merchant Court Hotel from $28++
Above $30
The Regent Hotel from $36++
*A-la-carte buffet

Episode 6: Steamboat Buffet
Under $20
Chin Huat Live Seafood Steamboat BBQ at Novena Ville $18.90 nett
Between $20-$30
The Magic Of Chongqing Hot Pot at Tanglin Shopping Centre from $29.90++
*Incl a-la-carte buffet
Above $30
The Buffet Restaurant at M Hotel from $38++ (dinner price)
*Add $7 for free flow of drinks

Episode 7: Dessert Buffet
Under $20
Mingles at Velocity from 14.90++
(Ice-cream Buffet)
Between $20-$30
Shangri-La Hotel from $28++
*Weekday High-Tea price
Above $30
The Fullerton Hotel from $38++ (Thu-Sat Nights)
*Chocolate Buffet

Episode 8: Brunch Buffet
Under $20
Penang Place at M+W Zander Building (IBP) from 19.80++
Between $20-$30
Pearl River Palace at Suntec City from $28++
*A-la-carte Buffet, min 2 pax
Above $30
Hilton Hotel from $160++ (Free flow of champagne/ red wine) otherwise $70++
*Sunday Brunch Buffet

Episode 9: Supper Buffet
Under $20
Hotel Windsor from 10.80++
Between $20-$30
中华麦饭石养生火锅at Sims Way between $20-25 nett (depending on soup base)
Above $30
Orchard Hotel from $28++ (Weekdays) $33++ (Weekends)

Episode 10: Japanese Buffet
Under $20
The Pasta Shop at Tiong Bahru Plaza from $19.90++
*A-la-carte Buffet
Between $20-$30
Curry Flavour at Novena Square from $22.80++
*A-la-carte Buffet
Above $30
Himawari at 991B Alexandra Road (former SAJC) from $30.80++ (lunch)
*A-la-carte Buffet, min 2 pax

Episode 11: Barbeque Buffet
Under $20
Yuki Yaki at Marina Square from $19.90++ (students pay $17.90++)
*other outlets islandwide, add $2 for free-flow ice-cream
Between $20-$30
Jun Shin Jung East at Raintree Cove, East Coast Park from $29++
Above $30
Yakiniku Daidomon at United Square from $43++

Episode 12: Festive Holiday Buffet
Under $20
Waffle Factory at Singapore Post Centre from $8.80 nett.
*Dessert a-la-carte buffet, add $3 for main course
Between $20-$30
Furama City Centre from $28.80++ (weekend)
*Hi-Tea local food buffet
Above $30
Traders Hotel from $52++ (weekend)
*Dinner buffet, excl Christmas Eve and Christmas

!!! ALL PRICES STATED ARE WEEKDAY PRICING UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED !!!

Alternatively, if u would like peranakan buffet, u can try this.
http://www.chillipadi.com.sg/Eateries/HmkCafe.aspx
Cheap n good but kinda far off for ME.. If I'm not wrong, its near Haw Par Villa.</font>

<blink><font size="+2"><font color="#6600ff">Happy Birthday NING!!!</font></font></blink>

<blink><font size="+1"><font color="#6600ff">Stay Not 27 You Are... You Are Forever 21!!!</font></font></blink>

paige> keke. for me it's really ok la. dun need organic stuffs for everything. anyway de heinz puree i bought for him oso non organic. juz tat since de bp for habby bellies cereal was organic i juz chin chye buy only =p

i'm more tired lo. wk or no wk i need to wake up ard 6am, cos my boy keeps waking me up at tat time. grrss. feel so headache sometimes -_-

ling> think alot of those buffet prices went up liao? =p

ning> happy bdae
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Extra happy bellies</font>
I have ordered a few extra brown rice, oatmeal n multigrain cereal as well as puffs n melts..

If anyone staying ard Yishun interested can PM me..
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">MY LITTLE SEAT</font>

www.mylittleseat.com

Hi mummies,
please note that Retail Price is $58(I think)
n someone was selling at $52 on BP previously.

So please dun expect $20 or $30 frm me, though my price is good..
happy.gif

cuz received alot of enquiries but all MIA after I reply with the price..

Be realistic ok??
happy.gif

thanks..
happy.gif

those still keen pls email me with ur orders..
happy.gif

caspinall,
yes both my boys see their PDs at NUH clinic A. different PDs though cos #1's PD sees a lot of children with allergies/asthma/eczema etc whereas #2's PD takes care of infants mainly. i don't think the MRT will be ready that soon. you can actually take the train to dover and catch a free shuttle to NUH. i'm not too sure of the shuttle frequency though.

marie and cookiezz,
the fruits from pasir panjang wholesale mkt are very fresh and nice. i usually order via my colleagues when they order in bulk (since it's a wholesaler). quite troublesome to make a trip down to buy just a small quantity of fruits because not all sellers there entertain small orders.

rachel,
i don't know if drinking coffee decreases your BM supply. but it does affect the mummy's calcium absorption rate. so remember to consume more calcium after you've taken coffee.

ling
thanks!! I saw a promo for cafebiz at trader's hotel at hungrygowhere. Mayb will try that. Gonna check with my sis cos she's the bday gal.
happy.gif

Back