(2009/09) September 2009 MTBs

storing EBM in freezer
is it necessary to keep the milk bags and milk sticks in zip-lock bags in a lock and lock or whatever container after they have freezed?? i didnt leh and just left the bags as it is in the freezer without any container.. will it affect the freshness given that i keep opening the freezer to store/take milk?
 


girly
yeah i thk she's staying jurong also.. but i dunno if she started work le mah..

<blink> Paging for Kiddo Will you be joining us for the West-side gathering? </blink>
 
Rach:
thanks for offering the NUK pacifiers, my gal is using Avent one
happy.gif



after the lunch meeting at Marche, i sling my boy to do shopping for 2 hours. now shoulders ache
sad.gif
 
Jess
we can meet n go together hor.. =p

Kris
tmr for me its ok.. but the rest i dunno eh.. how??? tis is a super last minute thingy~ lols
 
Waiwai

eh.. from what i saw on the webbie.. it looks relli chewy.. n "YummYlicious".. seems like alot of celebs got it for their kids too.. so to me if its not ex.. also can buy one n let my ger Chew Chew when teething.. haha which is like dunno when la.. lols.. =)
 
myfavchoco,
wah...you bery fierce mummy. hehe... i can't even get my gal to open up her fist! everytime i touch her hands she close her fist tight tight. wanna clean also difficult.

pam,
AYE!!AYE!! *peace*

sheryn,
yeah, i suspect so too. her motor skills seem to be slower then her verbal skills. hope nextime she won't be ji-jai-por, later gimme a headache everyday!!
 
Michelle, I don't latch, that's why I am a bit puzzled. One bottle is whitish and one bottle is a bit yellowish with powdery residual. The one that is yellowish with powdery residual is the one that I pumped out blood. My friend said maybe it's pus....I am not sure. My mum asked me to check with doctor because she had a friend who expressed blood out and doctor later diagnosed she had breast cancer.
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Kris</font>

I started hving UTI when I was quite young too, almost once a yr, I'm in hospital bcuz of UTI.

No doc really took it to heart as UTI is common among female mah. But my condition totally worsen after I turned 18yo and for e subsequent 5 yrs, I was a frequent stayer in hospital. My case was discharged by SGH, NUH &amp; AH after 1 - 2 yrs of following up. No one can tell me wat went wrong lor. Just kept putting me on antibiotic drip whenever I'm warded

Thank God.. a friend recommended me to see Prof Peter Lim who was with CGH at tt time. He arrange for me to do MRI &amp; scans. His investigation show tt I had grade 4 Pyelonephritis (Reflux nephropathy) and my left kidney had only 19% function.. All these were caused by a urether tube tt was in e wrong position since BIRTH!!!

I had to undergo an emergency surgery to reimplant e urether tube so as to prevent further reflux &amp; scarring of my left kidney. My left kidney function was dropping rapidly.. By the time I did e op, 2 wks from e test date, my left kidney function was only 13%. Prof Lim said I was really v blessed.. if it had dropped to 10%, they wil hv to remove my kidney.

Tt's why I always tell ppl ard me... dun just brush off recurrent UTI..</font>
 
prinzess,
i think they like the froggy more because its red in colour? maybe they can see the froggy better. apparently bbs at very young age see red, black n white better then other colours.
 
Hi, can i join in too? thanks!

1.Jul
2.itsy
3.angel
4.milkyway
5.mwerkz
6.cutedevil
7: stephie1735 (if price is good)
8.flower4
9.sonnig
10.cindy
11. jess (if price is good)
12. rach (if price is good)
13. Sheryn (yeah if price is good..y not? MEx selling at $39.90? so hopefully it'll be much lower)
14. tlisa (if price is good)
15.Happymrskoh (if price is good)

don't mind whoever is doing the compiling pm me on the price as i don't check the thread often. Appreciate that. Thanks!
 
sheryn> keke. ok =x

West-side Gathering

Weekdays &amp; Venue
1. prettymums
2. jess (unless it rain, then i might not bring bb) : Jpt / wkdays =)
3. girly (tentatively - ice-cream?? I AM A ICE-CREAM PERSON, see ice-cream eyes *blink blink*)
no ice-cream no chocolate will DIEEEEEE.........
4. paige
5. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Weekends &amp; Venue
1. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
2. kris - only saturdays, preferably brunch
3. mwerkz - IMM/Westmall (if hubby n bb can go) =p
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

milkyway> for milkbag, i prefer to keep in seperate compartment. but for glass bottles i more ok with leaving open in freezer. reason y i keep in container is cos one layer in freezer can store 2 stakes of milk bottles. so one stack at the bottom i put in container, de top later i juz use a tray to hold, cos i scared i hand clumpsy, den accidentally knock all de bottles n all fall. =p

bbq98> erms. i only pump watery one. but one is light color de other is abit yellowish, but not powdery wor. maybe u wanna go check with ur gynae? breast cancer? so scary. better check early

i bought from spree online. paid less den 17.50 per box, but in bp is usually abt 18.50 or so
 
<font face="segoe print"><font color="#FF6666">Paiseh.. anybody knows if Malayan Banking Berhad = Maybank? I gotta help hb transfer $ to his maybank acct but DBS ibanking only has Malayan Banking Berhad. I dun see Maybank so wondering if they are the same...</font>
</font>
 
*Michelle*

Agreed...JP parking beri expensive!! Then make it IMM la coz 1st 3hr FOC, correct??

West-side Gathering

OMG!!!! U gals really copy and paste my "no ice-cream no chocolate will DIEEEEEE........."

*Kiki* *Pam*
AYE! *World Peace* V
 
*Westerners*

Staying at the West most of my life. Many relatives reside at the west side too!

So paiseh to say went Compass point ONCE in my life only and somemore got lost trying to go there. Gotta called friends staying nearby there to help. Tat was yrs back when i only haf 1 child. I haf 4 nw, so can imagine tat was hw long ago!!!!! Tat was my first and LAST! Haha...Wanted to go coz Compass Point was still a 'NEW' shopping mall then, wanna go look see look see.
 
<font color="0077aa">sheryn</font>
hee.. thanks! ur list is so so much neater :p

yeap we can go together!
this friday i cant... =/

IMM is great.. centralise location oso okie.. i guess those mommies who dun mind to travel far to west can join us! :p


West-side Gathering

Weekdays &amp; Venue
1. prettymums
2. jess (unless it rain, then i might not bring bb) : Jpt / IMM/ wkdays =)
3. girly (tentatively - ice-cream?? I AM A ICE-CREAM PERSON, see ice-cream eyes *blink blink*)
no ice-cream no chocolate will DIEEEEEE.........
4. paige
5. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Weekends &amp; Venue
1. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
2. kris - only saturdays, preferably brunch
3. mwerkz - IMM/Westmall (if hubby n bb can go) =p
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
 
girlygirly> keke. JP parking only cheap after 9pm. 3hr 1.07bucks. hoho. i olways go ntuc at tat time last time =p
 
Okay, GOODNITZ LADIES...Sleep tight, don't let the bed-bugs BITEZ...need my beauty sleep, No Beauty sleep will DIEEEEEE....coz I NEVER NAP no matter hw tired Im...Im such a person whom cannot sleep in broad daylight, haha..
 
<font color="9264ff00"> Jen </font> - *looking at ur milkbag in envy* How I wish I can have such good supply... hehehe

<font color="9264ff00"> Ling</font> - Do take care.. weather not very good...

<font color="9264ff00"> sonnigt3</font> - Get well soon *hugz*

<font color="9264ff00"> Baby talking when drinking milk</font> - Yah.. my baby also like that.. now I learnt my lesson.. TMC's LC told me dun talk when baby drinking milk... dun talk to baby nor anyone... but cause there are a few hours in the evening when I'm home "alone" with the kids (maid at home but doing other things), my other kids will come talk to me.. then my baby got the habit of talking and smiling when drinking milk loh...
sad.gif
some times when the older kids talk, he will also "respond" hahahah

<font color="9264ff00"> KiKi </font> - I would love to have the breastpads
happy.gif

Do let me know if anyone else wants it, if not we can meet and deal next Tues at ION k? Thanks a lot

<font color="9264ff00"> getting good lobang </font> - Aiyo... honestly I think we also got wrong.. at least for myself... cause we always think rach lobang queen so we'll ask her find lobangs... at least that's what I remember for the last few items... we see things nice then trouble Rach go find good price... and also gan chiong hope to get hold of it as soon as we can... maybe that's why cause the misunderstanding lah... Ultimately we just want to save money and give our kiddos the best so no need to be angry and say harsh words lah...

I really appreciate the trouble that Shelled, Jen and Rach have put in. Thanks Ladies...

<font color="9264ff00"> Jen</font> - Can disclose how much is a lot of profit for plush pad? kekeke
Erm... but honestly like what flower say, ultimately we will take the one that gives the best price mah, want to save money.. :X

Heheh that aside, need ur advise, for the Milk Storage Organiser, if I use the ziploc type of milkbag, will the organiser "squeeze" the milk out? cause I remember reading that there's spring one so can make the milk bag "thinner", will it have too much pressure?

Heheh u want to do spree for Organiser? hehehe

<font color="9264ff00"> West Side Gathering</font> -
Weekdays &amp; Venue
1. prettymums
2. jess (unless it rain, then i might not bring bb) : Jpt / wkdays =)
3. girly (tentatively - ice-cream?? I AM A ICE-CREAM PERSON, see ice-cream eyes *blink blink*)
no ice-cream no chocolate will DIEEEEEE.........
4. paige
5. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
6. Stephie1735 - IMM (then I can go visit hubby in his office.. heheh never go before...lol.. cause too far..) *Anyone coming from east side or town area can tompang? heheh I stay at Mcnair Road near Balestier *^_^*
7.
8.
9.
10.

Weekends &amp; Venue
1. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
2. kris - only saturdays, preferably brunch
3. mwerkz - IMM/Westmall (if hubby n bb can go) =p
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
 
<font color="#6600ff"> I am Swaddling her like a IMH Patient</font>
sad.gif


I don't wanna use the mittens because her hands stink in them after her chup chups! Now she's wrapped up in white and thrown into the sarong... I've trimmed her nails really short.. But I have a phobia of her scratching her face till it bleeds again. >.<
 
steph,
actually i don't talk to my gal when i'm feeding her at all. and in the day, there is no one to talk to at home also, coz i'm alone! lol. but once i make eye contact with my gal, she will smile liao, then she start to talk! i not even talking to her but she still baby talk with me. so now, i try hard not to look at her when i'm feeding her, but end up the milk leak sometimes! lol.

okie, will bring along the breast pads for u on the 8th. thanks!
happy.gif


*yawn*... ok, nite nite... zhou gong is calling me already!
 
<font face="tahoma">
<font color="ff3399">flower4</font>
I was also blur like you, so went to sterilise everything! Don't worry lah, won't spoil one. Just don't do it again lor.
biggrin.gif



<font color="ff3399">bbq98</font>
Sophie has got legs, and the legs can reach molars unlike other teethers that cannot reach molars. This is the main benefit of Sophie for me lah. (Or rather, for Joshua, cos i'm not the one chewing it.)
Apparently kiddos have "itchy" gums when they are teething, and chewing stuff eases that. Thus teethers!
For more benefits of Sophie, pls refer to link: www.sophie.sg

(Another plus point: Joshua learnt what is a giraffe, and how to say "giraffe" all because of Sophie.)


<font color="ff3399">jul</font>
You sound so perverted!! STARE your nipples while pumping sia... I have that problem with the slanted edge also, but I just tilt the shields backwards when i remove it off my boobs lor. No biggie what. I like how i can lean back and chill when pumping, then i realise got more milk one leh!


<font color="ff3399">Rach</font>
FYI: Sophie is from France, so direct would have been from Europe, not USA.
</font>
 
ohhh, I was wondering what in the world was up with my baby and the talking and looking around. Got so annoyed I had to go in the bedroom and close the door.

In the nursing room at forum, another baby was crying and she had this shocked look on her face and then she kept smiling.
 
Thanks to the many peacemakers on this forum.

I think let's call this issue to a close. Let's not continue to harp on the already sore wound.

We all love bargains, and the bigger the bargain the more shiok. But if it's just because of a few cents that relationships sour, then it really defeats the purpose.

For future co-ords, can we just label the organiser's name on the top for easy reference and that lowers the possibility of misunderstanding?

Nitez to all and hope all our babies sleep well tonight.
 
I also want the Sophie.. I add in my name here:

1.Jul
2.itsy
3.angel
4.milkyway
5.mwerkz
6.cutedevil
7: stephie1735 (if price is good)
8.flower4
9.sonnig
10.cindy
11. jess (if price is good)
12. rach (if price is good)
13. Sheryn (yeah if price is good..y not? MEx selling at $39.90? so hopefully it'll be much lower)
14. tlisa (if price is good)
15.Happymrskoh (if price is good)
16. lil_jade(if price is good)
 
<font face="Comic Sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Flower4</font>

I get between 350ml to 450ml per pump but I dun store everything into 1 bag.. I usually pack seperately.. in case of accident like leakage or spillage.. @ least I still hv back up &amp; wun b so heart pain
happy.gif
I only store up to 180ml when I use Lansinoh too.


<font color="aa00aa">Michelle</font>

no lah... e organizer is to help freeze milk flatter.. doesn't help to extend e validity. U are e one who ask me how come my FBM can store for so long too rite?? Paiseh..I random read den after tt will forget. I got a deep freezer (those stand alone freezer) to store my EBM so can keep for 6 mths.


<font color="0000ff">Steph</font>

Nt so gd to disclose lah.. furthermore Rach said her supplier is getting from another local supplier, nt directly source from USA so perhaps profit is really much lesser lor. 3 earning party leh.

Think u misunderstood Flower4. Correct me if I'm wrong but She actually meant tt even though ppl hanker for best deal but mus also see e situation as who started doing e co-ordination 1st.

BM Organizer - Nope it wun "squeeze" out e milk. I tried with Lansinoh Milkbag &amp; e ones from First Few Years. BUT you've to try to squeeze out e air in yr milkbag b4 sealing it. Cannot do spree lah... e shipping will KILL liao.. TRUST ME!!! My 2 organizer cost me more than S$130 hor... shipping was more costly then e organizer itself.. I nearly faint when I see e charges</font>
 
<font color="#6600ff"> Lil Jade</font>

Mine is the leatherette. But Rach is consolidating for another kind I think. It's about the same.. But different material
happy.gif
 
ok good nite all. finished my last post. going to sleep now. going to give my boy de miracle pacifier if he wakes up tonite. hubby just give him his dreamfeed, after i managed to pat him to sleep at 1115pm. hope his next feed will be at 630am again. till than
happy.gif


steph> same la. my boy drink milk like to talk n smile. den olways choke. den when he wanna stop, he will bite my nipple. grrs. either tat or when flow too fast for him he will oso bite n so pain!!

shelled> europe? where is europe can i buy it? my aunt going london, n my cousin is studying in europe, so touring before she comes back end of de mth. or have she gone over to tour usa yet? else i can ask her buy!!

marie> ya lo. when my boy drink milk, he oso very kpo one. so when i nurse him i need those closed up nursing room, else he look here look there. n now with de nursing cover, haha he cant c a thing. which is good too =p
 
Shelled>

Sophie can be used by toddler too? My 2-yr-old gal is now growing her teeth (think it is side ones) and screaming her head off.... if Sophie can be used by baby as well as her will be good ah!!

But hor.... don't know if she will chew Sophie off, cos she's into chewing straws, her bottle teats etc now.. hmmmm.....
 
<font color="9264ff00"> Jen </font> - oops.. my gingko nut brain misunderstood ah.. lol... sorry...

Yah.. cause its quite bulky right? I wanted to buy but scared later "squeeze" the milk out.. yah.. I know.. my thought is quite kuku.. hahah

<font color="9264ff00"> Marie</font> - You want to buy over my super lightly used Milk Trays?

<font color="9264ff00"> mwerkz </font> - Yah.. heheh we got talkative boys.. lol

If ur Aunt going London, can help us buy too.. wahahah should be cheaper? *giggles*
 
On a side - note:

Anyone got good TVB Canto / Korean / Jap / Taiwan drama serial to recommend?
Me watching online now, and don't know which are the good ones!
Watch approx 1 episode per pump session.. :p
 
<font face="tahoma">
<font color="ff3399">Michelle</font>
Eh... That one I have to check for you leh. BUt I heard its all the rage in Europe, so she shld be able to find it in any toy store.
Later I check for Europe stockists i let u know. London right?? I check London area for you.


<font color="ff3399">Lil Jade</font>
My boy manage to chew until his Munchkin bottle straw had "split ends" lor. Then we go thru Pigeon teats almost every week! But Sophie is very very hardy (but not hard hor), so won't spoil! Except the paint will probably chip off like mine, but its non-toxic paint, so no worries also.
happy.gif

My #1 also scream his head off when he was sprouting molars with high fever lor. That's why gave him the giraffe that was meant for #2. Totally can commiserate, man.

Wah, your drama interests also very widespread hor?
biggrin.gif
I'm watching an old HK drama leh. 珠光宝气. I think was 2007-2008 show.

</font>
 
<font color="dc143c">bbq</font>
u can try BP under KP or powerteletubbies...
they both quite cheap leh.. $17.50+-..

if u need urgently, i got 4 boxes, u can have 1 first?? i got it at $14.36+3.17.. u pay for postage i post to u..
happy.gif



<font color="dc143c">shelled</font>
ooh..okie..noted...thanks for letting me know..


<font color="dc143c">LIL JADE</font>
if u wanan the BO, PM me ur orders asap..
i've already confirmed orders with seller..and she already placed orders by now i suppose..
i not sure if she bring in extra...so faster PM me..i check with her..
happy.gif


we are having a 20% off btw... coz we have 30 bag organisers collated..thanks to tlisa who ordered 22! ahhaha. :p
 
West Side Gathering -
Weekdays &amp; Venue
1. prettymums
2. jess (unless it rain, then i might not bring bb) : Jpt / wkdays =)
3. girly (tentatively - ice-cream?? I AM A ICE-CREAM PERSON, see ice-cream eyes *blink blink*)
no ice-cream no chocolate will DIEEEEEE.........
4. paige
5. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
6. Stephie1735 - IMM (then I can go visit hubby in his office.. heheh never go before...lol.. cause too far..) *Anyone coming from east side or town area can tompang? heheh I stay at Mcnair Road near Balestier *^_^*
7. cindy - IMM/JP
8.
9.
10.

Weekends &amp; Venue
1. Sheryn - IMM/JP/WestMall/Lot 1
2. kris - only saturdays, preferably brunch
3. mwerkz - IMM/Westmall (if hubby n bb can go) =p
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I didnt know we have so many westsiders. anyone going for the 8th outing? can share cab. ^^
 
<font color="dc143c">3 feeds a day??</font>
my girl fed at 9am, 4pm, 7pm only today..
she was crying half the day the rest of the day...
not sure is the jab made her uncomfy or what..
she woke up with 38.4, then 38.2 after i frantically sponged her... then i gave paracetamol when it stagnated at 38.2...then dropped to 38.0 and finally 37.0 at 6plus...

then she started crying and crying..dunno for what.. cant sooth her....
sreaming with purple face, eyes closed, tears flowing...
aiyo... my mum and me nearly went crazy.........

then finally at 10plus she fell asleep in my arms in the same usual position...then i put her to bed.... she KO.... and i think will KO till tmr morning liaoz... or rather..later....

i just pumped out 200ml.... and my one breast is 40ml short of the other!!!
what is happening to it? it has been yielding pretty low milk lately.. grrrr....

now that i've settled the leg warmers and bag organisers.. i can finally go sleep..
another rest day tmr... 1 day out need 2 days to recuperate.......... Zzzzzz..........
 
<font face="comic sans Ms"><font color="0000ff">Lil Jade</font>

Which site do you go to watch?? I wana finish watching 古靈精探B.. duno where my helper keep e disc
sad.gif


Hv u watch 烈火雄心III &amp; 宮心計?? Heard 宮心計 is v v nice</font>
 


<font face="tahoma">
<font color="ff339"><font size="+1">Sophie The Giraffe</font></font>

Price is out already. Guaranteed good price (approved by distributor) but I'm not exactly "allowed" to publicly advertise/state this price due to considerations for other retailers of Sophie.

Those interested, please PM/MSN me. You may inform each other of the prices, but PLEASE LIMIT TO SEPT MOMS THREAD PPL <u>ONLY</u>.

Sorry so mafan, but we have to watch out for the local retailers' interests as well mah. If spoil the market then next time won't even have Sophie in local market cos distributor dunwan to do liao. Then our #2, #3, #4, #5 #6 kids, how?!
biggrin.gif


</font>
 

Back
Top