(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Many thanks piggy,
630~645 is fine, so we meet this wednesday ? my hp is 91250388. could u sms me ur number, just in case ?

wooohooo... finally on leave. seriously lack of sleep. claira waking up every nite not once but sometimes 2-3 times and work is killing me recently. launches, exhibition planning etc... arrgghhh.

smurfy,
that maid i think she is too smart. she is a transfer maid but i think she is gd at least in front of us. (ah ma died of illness so she was back to agent - 3 mths) now, i have to bear with maid-less for 2 mths cos i decided to take maid without experience. i prepared to teach bo bian. many maid din want to go ah ma's plc. i have really hard time to get one willing to go. i think they are choosing me and not the other way round.

any mommies has maid going to ah ma's house to share. esp the work load? i plan the schedule out and the agency told me if sweep n mop floor in the morning, go ah ma's house cannot sweep n mop again? i get her in to do housechores so that my mom can have the time to take care of my gals. so if she cannot do housework in ah ma's house then i employ her to play with kids while my mom do house work? dun sound logic leh? what the MOM is thinking? is this consider work 2 house?

fatbobo,
well, ur maid is a bit too simple. these are the little things that can kill us.

regg,
i'm interested in your clip too. i'm not going to the bash too. that month i am in charge of exhibition. can i make 1 too. let me know how much to pay you. BTW, i need to 'replenish' clips... i lost clips easily. can i have your blog?
happy.gif

Ray is 1 today and we have our mini hi-tea party on Saturday. Overall, it was a good catch up time for the adults and Ray and Kai enjoyed themselves too.

Happy birthday Ray!!!

Tomorrow is hayley's.

Had a BBQ party at aloha loyang on sat. It started to pour at the time we were starting the BBQ. Thanks to my friend, he helped start the fire in the heavy rain. Luckily the skies cleared after a while and we had a cooling night after that. Had lots of guests until there were only standing space. Much like in a pub. Very tiring. No more BBQ for me altho must say that it's the best BBQ food I had. All nicely BBQ and not burnt. We sent our guests off by 930 and we were out by 1030pm. Home by 11pm. Record time.
happy.gif

Peg,
for mine i pay n let the maid stay at my IL place cos my objective is like u let the maid do the chores so my IL can take care of my bb... by law the maid is only allow to serve 1 household chores so we will not over work the maid tt is y they dun allow ... bt i do have many friends where they bring the maid to the parent house n they help out with the chores.. but dun expect them to do everything la.. cos according to the MOM if we bring maid to parent house they r only liable to take care of our kid..

Nanny or ifc: Hi Puroland, piggy, michelle, jooey: thanks for the golden feedback. You know the new nanny can tell that if children naughty use rubber band to shoot! I was like “WHAT”. She is so honest to tell, lucky I really go down for a short “interview”. Its true my present nanny is quite nice but not as flexible, they have their own way of upbringing a child and scared he will learn their bad habits and behaviour. My bb is quite approachable and get m0069 around now, he sees stranger he will smile and bb of his age, he will play with him. My main concern is scared he will fall sick easy. As for infant care, I just called up two, one is champkids and the other is modern mottesorri. I have highlighted my concern and they are very welling to take my bb this week. I was so relieved to hear that, thanks for the good prayer. Champkids is quite far from MRT and about $600 after subsidy. As for motesorri it’s a little higher about 800 per month but just behind MRT. Both no sats. PAP no space, too far from my place. Not sure any mummies got put any reviews on these two? I hope I would be as lucky as Michelle can find such a good school and can work with peace of mind. Btw, michelle do you accompany your bb on the first day? What to bring to infant care?

Anymore mummies?

Date: 4 Sept (Saturday)
Venue:Yishun Sapphire (Regg's condo) - Back-up Vivien's condo Hillview Green
Time: 1-5pm

Attend(PLs indicate the bb name u want on the cupcake):

1) donkeymami & hubby (Jovia)
2) SBB & hubby (TO BE CONFIRM) so u want the cupcake?
But not eating as we are vegetarian
3) piggytoh & HB (Kyler) 11-5pm
4) mystifiedjan & hubby (Ethan)
5) april(ferrariswift) & hubby & elder son (Edric)
6) joyful & Hubby (Denson)
7) DolceVita & HB ( Natalie )
8) fatBobo & hubby (Mattea & Keona) - ok for 11am - 5pm
9) joeey & hubby & elder son (Edeline)
10) Joia (Sophie)
11) BBnGG & Hb & elder son (Janessa)
12) vivien (Alyn)
13)weishy(Lucas) ill pay even if in case i cant attend
14)patricia(zelia) will pay if last min not coming cos planning to go msia. Haven confirm going on 4th or 5th
15) kikilala (Kiiron) - ok for 11-3pm or 1-5pm
16) Regg & HB(Regan) - ok for 11-5pm
17) Mich (Isaac)
18) Puroland & Hb (Charlotte)
19) Michelle & Hb (Jeremiah)
20) irene & hb & Joshua (Jayla)
21) Reira & hb (Zachary) - ok for 1-5pm
22) daph & hb (Seth)
23)happi & Rachel (Rayes) - 1pm to 5pm
24 Babys & bb (Shayna) KIV hb. ok with any time.
25) Lawshe & Hubby & BB (Ernesta) - 1pm to 5pm
26) Eunice & hb (Lucas) - ok for 11 - 5pm
27) Karen Toh & hb (Elise) - 11 to 5pm
28) Cindy Lim & hubby & BB (Shaun) - 1pm to 5pm

Only joinin for mass photo taking and want the cupcake:
1)celine

Baby’s Day Out - My Baby’s First National Day Party!

Be a part of Singapore’s 45th great birthday bash! Come dressed in red and white as we celebrate National Day together and show us what it means to be a Singaporean!

Register now and get an exclusive funpack, including a limited edition National Day Baby Tee!

What’s more, participate in fun activities and enjoy a spectacular music extravaganza specially planned for your baby and you by the Singapore Chinese Orchestra and a Choir!

Date: 14 August 2010
Time: 9.30am - 12.00pm
Venue:
NUS Centre For the Arts,
University Cultural Centre (UCC) Hall,
50 Kent Ridge Crescent,
National University of Singapore,
Singapore 119279

------------------------------------------------------
YES! I am interested..:
1) fatBobo + hb / Mattea & Keona
2) Claire_liu + helper/3 kiddos
3) BBnGG + hb / Janessa
4) Puroland + hb / Charlotte
5) piggytoh+hb (Kyler)
6) BabyS + hb/ Shayna
7) joeey + hb / Edward & Edeline.
8) donkeymami + hb (Jovia)
9) april + hb + stanley & baby edric
10) sweetmama + hb/ Lorraine
11) eboey + hb / Lucas
12) sbb + hb / zhaozheng
13) cindy lim + hb & Baby Shaun

babymaking> let me know after u refund me for my 1additional order which was dropped due to wrongly done by little bhubu. thx.

babiesmeme> tat's the prob with nanny. they got their "own way" of handling with baby. can't really control them n dun really know wat they doing. so safest in my opinion is ifc. but problem when baby sick is u got to take leave.

nope. nv accompany my baby even on the first day. my boy when in when he was very young. dunno if he knows how to identify mummy n daddy. for urs abit harder. cos know who is who. so be prepared he will be crying alot for the first few days. my son oso. he is de kind who need alot of attention initially. so when go in, he will keep crying for attention. so starting will have sore throat. but they are training him to be independent. so dun need to keep having people to carry =p

when u register, dey will tell u wat they need. different ifc diff. now daily only bring clothes n towel. all other stuffs, diapers, wipes, cream, shower foam, shampoo, put one set there. once finish they will tell u replenish. oh. n my on breastmilk, so need bring milk everyday. else is 1tin to be put there too

peg/piggy
yah.. what does mom thinks? grandma do household chorese and maids sit there play with kids and watch old women do housework????????????

i oso very fedup. peg like urs, 2nd day maid tells me grandma very hard to work w.. now she tells me she is trying......... dunno when she will choose to "tender her resignation". my case is similar to urs. i dun have a work schedule. but currently is.

WKDAYs at my place
morning.
1. use magic clean dry wipe to mop living rm and her room (coz we stay by the road).
2. fill up baby and boy's drinking bottle with water.
3. make sure there is clean drinking water (hot and room temperature).
4. pack relevant baby food to grandma's place for cooking baby food later onz
5. make sure dustbin emptied, air con (bb's room) off, fans and lights off and windows all closed, before we leave house.

nite time
put the veges that i bought in the fridge
put kids' dirty laundry from day's use in laundry basket
prepare and clean up bathing area after kids bath (i bath both kids again in the nite time, either at mum's place or my place, if bath at home, she needs to help me keep away the stuffs)
prepare baby milk (ard 10pm).
wash n clean baby milk bottle after we feed her.
put clothes to laundry if required. me and hb will put in dryer ourselves (she dun need to wait one hr).
fold the clothes from previous day's laundry.
empty dustbin before sleep.

basically pure baby care at home is done by me. she is doing minimal after reaching home. i even pack the baby bag for mum's place the following day. for the past one weeek, maid finish her stuff by 10-10pm n rest thereafter, i onli finish making my kids sleep at 1030pm to 11++pm.. then i bath, pack their bags, do some stuffs and sleep.. who got a harder life now? but what do to?

weekends at my place
she try to catchup everything. clean house, mop floor, wash clothes, iron clothes, wash toilets (Even toilets, she wash one toilet this weeek, another toilet another week). prepare porridge and bath bb. i dun cook for adults on wkends, so that she can catch up.

hard life i know. but that's how young singapore families with maids have to endure lor. no choice. i just need an extra pair of hands now. nothing much. i just hope i will not be crippled off without this pair of extra hand soon. but i am oso prepared to go maidless (i survived one mth maidless recently as well) anytime. everynite sleep btwn 1230am - 1am (kekeke that's the time i slept when i was maidless, cannot give myself too good life now)

sorry for the lengthy post :p

Happy 1st Birthday to Ray & Hayley!
happy.gif

mashy, which BBQ caterer did you engage?

re:birthday bash
haiyo, seems like I am the only funny one that opt for phototaking and cupcake only. If thats the case ignore my vote for that. Just settle the usual party.

RE: MAID
for me.. my mum cm over my plc daily to 'supervise' the maids..n watch over the girls. (so in a way..i guess not much a prob for me in this sense)...and hv 2 of them..so 1 more to hsehold chores, the other to babies. BUT THEN.. we did tell them in advnace.. twice a week, one of them (take turns) will go my in-law's plc to help clean up. so far, they quite ok abt this arrg.. (anyways, like 2 of them work tog..so daily work load already not alot wat.) once a week to my mum's plc for dinr, my mum not used to 'other ppl' do her tings..so nothing much, but they offer help to like do some ironing or watever (unlike my previous fili..juz sit there, watch tv..or rot!)

FAT bobo
ur mum is so nice to come to ur place daily. i tot of that in the past, but i felt it is not fair... for her to come to my place lor.. tiring for her.. and nothing much for her to do at my place.

piggy
i always felt mum is kind enough to supervisor, cannot add to her load to let the maid camp over there. she needs time off frm the kids n maid as well... so for the same reason, whenever my boy wanna stay overnite, i always tell him no... onli once in a while then let him stay overnite..

to add on for that new maid. who is telling me. she is trying... after i told her off on the 2nd day after being in my mum's place.. telling her off that "we have been trying to help her a lot, a lot of things we do ourselves". i think it got into her head as well.. so far soo good.. keeping my fingers crossed that my 3rd hand not crippled off so soon.. w

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

smurfy, yes, everything went smoothly as it was just eight adults and 2 kids. And no in-laws to mess up everything. Really simple hi-tea party.

Mashy, wishing Harley a very blessed birthday too!

To all Aug Mummies, happy planning and preparing for your baby 1st birthday celebration be it big or small, what really important is that all of you enjoy it and baby is growing well and healthy.

Pris,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RAY
happy.gif

BTW today evenin i will dropby ur mum house to drop the tee in the mail box yay:p

SMurfy,
sigh.. wat to do... nowaday gettin a gd maid is so tough.. lucky mine still not bad no need i say she will take the initiative to help and she has been a great help.. so long the maid ok with the arrangement n dun get caught who cares..

my maid also gd life no need to cook jus household chores n get to sleep be4 9pm.. but as long as she can perform we r quite ok..

Bt then i really seen some maid who r overwork by their employer n u can tell they v poor thing type so i can also understd where MOM is coming from but i feel tt they can be more flexible..

celine

i ordered from ezb catering. recommended by one of the mummies here. cannot remember who though. :p But good lah, nice food, all packed properly so when we had leftovers also easier to distribute.

mummies who have confirm baby makeover slot :
Just to show some idea n concept for the upcoming photoshoot.
Will pm you to let me know which style is preferred so that we can make the necessary preparation.
Will upload more soon....

4218581.jpg

oh yah, re: balloons, wasted my balloon sticks coz the kids just wanted balloons!!!!! After i pumped the balloons, they were happily using them to whack each other or bouncing them about. hahaha. So no need to buy helium too. Can just get balloons and a pump to entertain the kids. :p

Perhaps only the very young kids who could do nothing except hold the balloons liked them on the balloon sticks.

hi michelle,
in fact my friend also advice me not to be there even on first day cos he will think you are there and expect every time you wil be there. Its heartpain to see him crying but just have to put our heart down
sad.gif

babiesmeme, overseas when starting playschool, baby about 18 months. We are not even allow in the school and class. In fact, no fussing of baby and no crying at all.

Now every Sunday, Ray goes to playgroup sunday school, we just drop him there and pick him up after church. No fuss and crying too.

babiesmeme, overseas when starting playschool, baby about 18 months. We are not even allow in the school and class. In fact, no fussing of baby and no crying at all.

Now every Sunday, Ray goes to playgroup sunday school, we just drop him there and pick him up after church. No fuss and crying too.

smurfy> ya lor..really really appreciate my mum's love for me, my family..n esp the girls. she insisted she rather she, along, trouble to travel daily..than the whole family troublesome to rush out early in the mrng..den rtn hm late. anyways, she prefers to handle her own hsehold chores, so if maid there, she oso duno n wun ask them do.. if maids stay in my hse, can clean up the hse mah.. babies' stuffs oso no need to bring here n there..... so that's y latr on, we decided to take a 2nd maid..to ease my mum lor..as like, she dun hfta rush in the mrng to cm over...n in the evng if she needs to leave earlier.....she can juz go off earlier, no need to wait till hb & i hm. ya......

i've been saying this for long....i really wish that can make it tmr to cook my mum a good bowl of meesuah or something.. cos it's my bday tmr (heee~) n my bday means her suffering (labour pain) oso mah. lalala~

dolcevita

hahah, sorry, but i find funky baby not very funky. It reminds me of a 'fat man' trying to act 'cool' with tattoos and spiky hair style. It just looks so hilarious. LOLz....

I like the messy look.
happy.gif
Children should always look like children.

oh yah, thanks Kikilala!!!!!

The shoes fit Hayley perfectly and just in time for her birthday party. Looks so nice and cute.
happy.gif

I ordered another pair in a smaller size, i do hope that one can wear... :p

i oso like the messsy look

but kekeke poor docve.. have to clean up leh..

mashy
so u got the balloons? i can onli surf fb using mobile.. cannot see well

smurfy

i only got balloons and the stick & cups. Didn't get the helium ones. Lucky, coz no room to fly them too. hahaha. I've too many guests.

Mashy,

hahahahahahhaa...well maybe some other babies can carry off the funky look better..ahhahaha
this is an idea from the Daddy...
But i like the tatoo thingy...kinda different =P
Easy to clean off...

wah.. my mum juz called to say my no.1 maid asked if she can be excused frm dinr latr (as like..we're going dinr with my family for my bday tonite).. she said she noticed the sofa like still hv alot of my dog's hair..so she wana stay back n vacumm the inside. well, not bad.. (but cannot praise too early n too much la).. anyways.. ya.. so i said ok lor.. but for the more no.2 shld stay at hm with no.1 to help with the cleaning up oso (anyways.. she caused the 'mess' de!!)

happy birthday Ray! time really flies

happy birthday Hayley!

piggy/smurfy,
thanks for sharing. i dun understand what MOM has such rigid things.

smurfy,
mine is exactly like yours. but my mom comes over daily till my gals awake and she will bring the maid and my gals over (next blk). by that time would be 9plus. like u, i just need an extra hand to assist. i dun need her to handle my kids.

schedule
morning
settle my dog
wipe my furniture i.e table tv console before clean the floor, clean the floor and wash milk bottles. then go over to my mom's plc.

evening
settle my dog
boil water
sterlizer milk bottle
clear the rubbish
sleep.
most of the time she can idle ard in the living room by 8plus.

she told me she can work at home but ah ma's house too many things to do. i asked my mom what are the things she did. my mom said only do laundry, hang them up, sweep/mop the floor, prepare the ingredients, clean up after cooking. that's it. my mom din even ask her to feed & bath the kids or wash the toilets.

weekend
she do our laundry, ironing, wash both toilets and clean the toys. those ad-hoc things, if she free then i ask her to do when it's dusty or dirty.

i oso think my life tougher than her. claira wakes up in the middle of the nite for nite feed. now when the new maid here, i have to re-schedule the work loads so that she think she has better life.

peg
sianz right. these kind of attitudes frm those maids.. urs phili oso?

no choice, i came to a conclusion, i still need them for the time being.. to spend that xtra time w my kids, instead of being preoccupied by the mundane stuffs. can u believe, the first sentence my 3yr old boy saw the new maid after being one month of maidless "auntie, can u do housework?"

mashy,

ermm..is it me? I did mention ezb bbq in this forum because it allow me to get 1 assistant instead of 2. anyway, yes I think their food is nice too :p

dolce,
i like the messy look too, the funky one looked abit ragged :p

Back