(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

michele

I guess the prev generation doesn't believe in BM lor. Coz it's thin, & the BB needs to feed more often, so they auto assume not full enough. The prev gen got a thing abt stomach must be full full one lah
 


JUl:ur fren also very cham le.......

Ya Fm in their generation is normal ma.....some even wake bb up to drink!!!!!!!!sleep is more impt ma.
 
weishy

Yeah she really kena "played out" by her MIL. Initially her mum volunteered to do confinement for her, but her MIL said she knew, so they din insist.

I heard that her mum made some wine to cook con food with? Brought to the MIl's (abt 6 bots). But my fren nvr tasted any.

Then her first BB, so she guai guai din bathe, din wash hair, but her ILs' place got no aircon & it was very hot & stuffy b/c they had a lot of junk in the small 2-room flat!

My fren kena postnatal blues for a while...
 
no lor, its just 'against' me lor - coz my SIL bf her kid for close to an hour each time, whereas my gal only latches only for 15 - 20 mins each time so she 'equates' the longer latch time to more milk lor.
 
reira/sharon, all the breastfeeding, sleepless nights and stress caused all 22kg to melt away over 1 year... after I gave birth, lost about 6kg, and then the rest slowly, about 1-2kg a month like that. Also I tend to eat alot less after birth...

lawshe, yah, please go order tingkat for yourself. the last thing you wanna do is to everyday have to go and tabao food from hawaker centre. And ignore your MIL's comments about clothe diapers... already not enuf sleep, dun talk about washing anything!
 
Oops! Very naughty me is tempted to order $140 worth of Cal BB pdts. Wondering if I'm gog overboard. But must say that half that amt goes to my own stuff heehee.

Aiyoh I wonder how to afford such stuff if I become a SAHM???
 
wah.. magmag.. so late still not sleeping.. im stress out about my housing stuff.. hopefully the owner of the house is willing to sell at the price she asked.. eyes open big big since 5.30am liao.. toss and turn till now cant sleep...

me too am oso giving BM. but my mum keep asking. how u know baby is full?
BM is like water you sure its ok? and many many things.. but i guess i'll have to break her heart and tell her.. "ma, i know wad im doing. and i sure its best for my bb"
 
JUL: wahhhh tats a lot to spend on urself and bb le....wat did u buy?

dolliepollie:wow u really woke up very early le....think stress la ......

magmag:u also.....so early up already??????
 
Venue: AQUAMARINE @ MARINA MANDARIN hotel

Date ~ 9th July Thursday cos some may really pop early man .
TIme~12pm
Lunch ~ 1 for 1 $38++

weishy
JUles
sharon
michele*
pegsfur
dolliepollie ( will use dollie's card cos confirm she can make it :p )
mickey
kikilala
Mich

Total 9 now,best is 10 la cos 1 for 1 ma
happy.gif


Anymore ladies ????? u guys hv my number liao right?reservations under cecelia if smsing pls state forum nick if nt i blur kekekkeke tks alot.

Weishy contacts: 8223 7104
 
morning
happy.gif


lawshe,
i tink confinement is really impt...even if ur MIL dun wan help u...u muz at least eat well, u shld start ordering the confinement tingkat...even if she wan cook, treat it as extra food

magmag,
some mummies storing...im not storing

weishy,
thanks....hopefully more mummies can join us?
happy.gif
 
morning mummies!!!!!!!!!!

when for my 34 week check up ytd... bb is at 2.1kg and my mum said too big~~~~~~~


wohoo.. realise my name mising...

Venue: AQUAMARINE @ MARINA MANDARIN hotel

Date ~ 9th July Thursday cos some may really pop early man .
TIme~12pm
Lunch ~ 1 for 1 $38++

weishy
JUles
sharon
michele*
pegsfur
dolliepollie ( will use dollie's card cos confirm she can make it :p )
mickey
kikilala
Mich
mystifiedjan

Total 9 now,best is 10 la cos 1 for 1 ma

Anymore ladies ????? u guys hv my number liao right?reservations under cecelia if smsing pls state forum nick if nt i blur kekekkeke tks alot.

Weishy contacts: 8223 7104
 
Morning Ladies

<font color="0000ff">Lawshe</font>, your mil sounded like my mil want to her and then no want to help. Then during #1, I ended up without confinement food and thank God, my mum cooked and brought over for me or some of my church friends also brought some over for me when they saw wat she was serving me daily.

And mil nagged daily about FM being better than BM, which I just locked myself in the room and stayed with bb listening to music and reading to stay sane. My mil dun even know how to carry bb and clean bb so I handle bb all by myself with the help of dh. Of course, I was not stupid to go her way of using cloth diapers, I just used disposible. And when she complaint that she knocked on my door even want to break I did not open, I told her, must be me and bb were so tired and with the music on, we being heavy sleeper did not hear it. Anyway, my mil leave during 3rd week of my confinement coz her hands itchy for mj so the rest of my confinement was a bliss. Every nite, I get dh to help me cut and separate the food to cook for the next day and put herbal soup herb into slow cooker to cook fot the next day. And it was so peaceful to bm baby.

This time round I insisted to stay at my mum and my mum will cook confinement food for me but dh will go get food at NTUC daily with my mum. After been sabotage by my mil during Kai's 1st month celebration, we are more or less prepare to conuter-attack this time haahaa.

So if you can move back to your mum's place for confinement for a month.
 
<font color="0000ff">magmag</font>, I am donating my bb's cordblood to SCBB. The staff came all the way to my mum's place void deck to explain in detail to me, go thru the questionaire and also the consent form which I have already signed.
 
Waa u all on leave already har can go buffet on thursday 12noon , Me still have to work sianzzzz .nowsday work very sianz , walking also feel the weight and I almost hang over all stuffs and not much work to do .

I just wash part of the bb clothes but I using normal detegent is it ok har ?

Do you experience darken in armpit area har ? (so sad after seeing that I cant ever dare to wear sleeveless as most of my clothes use to be sleeveless )

I saw so many MIL problem . My MIL also want to use cloth diapers is fine for me as after 4mth she look after bb at her hse so I hv nothing to say save my money also la .1st 4 mth I under my care will use diapers.
 
Wah .. i'm so tired aft a morning's outing.

kiki
Nice meeting you and your doggie
happy.gif
Thanks for organising the spree for us. It must have been tiring for u. Oh ya, u do look abit like Fish Leong ... actually, u look prettier than Fish Leong
happy.gif


bean
I'm oso working till end of jul. Luckily my replacement is coming in tomorrow so taht i can start to hand my stuff to her. If she gets on fine, i may request for even earlier leave cos 1 of my colleague kena Type A flu (not H1N1), and it's already sending a frenzy to my hubby. These few days he's been trying to psycho me to quit rite away.

As for the darkened armpit, i have the same problem oso. I oso dun really dare to wear sleeveless shirt now, or if i wear, i make sure i dun raise my arm lah
proud.gif
 
Pegsfur : the armpit darken will go away automatic after birth right ......

Aiyo nowsday singapore already hv 1K H1N1 , nowsday go out also scare but no choice is lucky or unlucky ma ,just dun go close contact with stranger who is coughing or having flu
 
bean

I dunno if it will go away or not leh .. i hope it does or else i'll never have to lift up my arms when i wear sleeveless le
sad.gif


As for work, i can't simply just quit like dat ... although i'm working only part-time and on contract, it's the responsibility mah. So to compromise, i'll be wearing a mask starting from tml. We shall see if it starts to form an imaginery circle around me when i take the lift
happy.gif
 
adeline
i had csec with epi. Didn't feel anything except some pressure when they push the bb down and out.

mil...
Dreading confinement period man. Hb can tell me that she'll probably be at our place most of the time, so get fil and sil over to have dinner at our place. Then said that since she's at our place, then also have mahjong sessions at our place (coz she almost every day have mj session at her own place to earn $$). I warn him better not have mj session otherwise i'll really kena postnatal blues. As it is, this pregnancy my moods already pretty bad, after sure worse. With both my gals, mil kept rushing to feed bb whether with EBM or FM. With #2, I thought be more guai, zzz more. Then i time myself to wake up every 2 hours to feed. Who knows when i wake up, mil already feeding bb and said that i zzz so she dun want to wake me. In the end I have to express out and it bloody pissed me off. I feel that's why my supply for #2 was worse than for #1 though usually it's supposed to improve with each pregnancy. Then this time round, hb's job is more shiong, cannot spend as much time at home than b4, so I expect the worst. Argh!!! The only silver lining is that hospitals now limit to only 2 ppl right? So I'm going to put hb's name and my sis' name. The rest can jolly well stay away and leave me in peace for those 3-4 days.
 
bean/pegsfur, me also!! will it get lighten ah? but I still wearing sleeveless cos now summer as hot as 44degrees! can melt....

Re: car seat
anyone has any idea how much is the Britax Marathoon selling in sg? hubby just bought one, feeling the pinch now...so ex for a car seat...
 
pegsfur,
its fun for me to organise this spree. Hope you like the things.
I didnt open the items actually, let us know the quality of the pool then we can order more.
happy.gif
 
For BM, my mil told me that she BF my hubby for 2 months and after that FM cos she need to go to work. Then she told me since I am not working can BF longer. *phew* after hearing that I was a bit relieve cos no one in the house will make me feed FM. My CL is pro-BFeeding too.

Jul
why don't you wash your baby clothes first? Buy those vacuum bag from homefix (2 for $11.90 72 x 48cm) to use and put the clothes in another room. so that you got 1 less thing to do after the renovation.

bean, pegsfur, cherrios
for sleeveless clothes hor, what do you gals do to remove armpit hair so everytime you wear sleeveless no unwanted hair there? For me i wax but after a few days it grow back liao and very very fine so cant wax again =( headache!! so i always wear cardigan along with sleeveless.

For armpit whitening, i thought Sasha got sell something to whiten. I wonder if it works haha

Claire
Geeze... your hubby and MIL also not auto. Your mil should atleast tahan for 1 month without mj so that you can have peaceful confinement!
 
LawShe, pls go go back to your mum's place for confinment. I think you will go mad to do confinment alone and still have a naggy and irritating MIL hanging around you.

And hor, pls be truthful to your hb about how your MIL is treating you. Just tell him the truth so that he will get both sides stories. If not later your MIL go complain to your hb anything hor, your hb will think you are the evil DIL.
 
Reira
i used the epilator to remove the underarms hair. I think its the fastest and longest lasting, but must endure the pain in the beginning lah.
I went for IPL some years back and its good investment also.
 
playing with my new toy now...
just collected the braun thermometer from jomum's spree. Paid abt $66 for it! Saved so much $.. Hehe!
 
kiki,

i also waiting for my themomter leh..i thk nxt wk then can receive cos i arrange reg mail instead of self-collection since i stayed in west not convenient for me to collect frm her.

Really saved alot..thk spore selling at $120-$140.
 
kikilala,
Yeah IPL is good investment but must wait till after give birth then can do i think. btw, for epilator, have to wait till hair grow longer then can use it? or very very short also can?

for braun thermometer, i paid about $73 but diff spree organizer. with registered mail. i figure that the time and transportation fee spent to collect = registered mail.
 
Reira, i use shaver eh..no gd, the regrowth very pokey..hehe...dun dare to wax eh, scared pain..wanted to try IPL before I came here too, but heard friends say must go for a few treatments and won't be totally gone also...

kiki, the braun thermometer is the R4540 model? I haven't get mine yet, I think most sprees order from amazon isit? Is the thermometer good?
 
kiki,

how much u paid for this service?

reira, i also thinking to do haha...but i thk can oli do after we give birth..jz endure for 1-2mths
happy.gif
 
donkeymani, sg sell so ex? told hubby I wana buy the thermometer, he tell me 38usd ex eh! hehe..i should tell him how much sg is selling then he sure will buy! lol...
 
cherrios, i also heard nit to do 2-3times treatments..after treatment will still grow fine hairs but can jz use shaver &amp; regrowth back wun b pokey if i'm not wrong.
 
cherrios,
For IPL need to do atleast 4-6 treatments depends on individual. a friend of mine went to a doctor and do (donno what doctor is that haha). then heard that after a year or two, they will grow back (or something).

i used to use shaver also but regrowth is super fast. waxing is a bit painful at first but not as painful as brazillian wax (this one can cry). i like to wax myself instead of going to professional because if some of the hair couldnt be waxed, they will use pluck and pluck them very fast = DAMN PAINFUL!!!! I hate to get my eyebrows trimmed by professional also for the same reason. T_T
 
donkeymani, seriously i feel sg things really overpriced lo...i enjoyed shopping here much more than sg..hehe...today went shopping again and bought some of bb clothes like only 1usd+ per top/dress and from babiesrus and disney somemore! I think with the price I paid for, sg only can buy from pasam malam..hehe...my best buy today was a gymini from Tiny love only 13++usd after discount plus coupon...hehehe..i was so happy with my purchase, cos org was 39.90usd!
 
donkeymani, thanks..isit gd to use? was thinking of getting those scan forehead one instead cos put in bb's ear dunoe isit too big cos bb's ear so small? hehee... *think too much*

reira, ownself wax pain ma? isit muz pull fast fast one to min the pain?
 
reira,
I pluck my armpit hair .... wax abit messy &amp; shaving doesn't last. I pluck abt once a week?

kiki,
Hahaha ... i was also having fun looking thru my loots
happy.gif
Hubby asked me how much i spent, i said dunno cos i just order &amp; order. He said must be alot lah, dats why dun dare to tell him. Hahaha .. i only tell him how much i saved, esp the swimming tub and the carrier, den he kept quiet le
happy.gif
 
reira, ya lo! now anything above 10usd my hubby will tell me ex! hehe... even kids ralph lauren here also cheap cheap! very hard to resist shopping lo! I wonder if my girl wil get to wear all the clothes we bought for her..hehe..if not muz lelong off liaoz...
 
pegsfur, how the swimming tub look like ah? u still have the link ma? but in sg home where can we put the swimming tub ah? my new hs in sg the toilet very small only, wonder can fit in ma..
 
cherrios
not really painful when i do it myself. yeah must pull very very fast but it is not for min the pain but so that you can pull max of hair. after i pull, then put my other hand on the skin and press, then can reduce the pain a little (but now i dont really need to do that cos used to it already). for me i dont wax everything in one go, i tried it before and it was painful and the hair pulled out is minimum. so what i normally do is put some wax on half of it, then pull. after that pull wax on the other half and pull.

pegsfur
i plucked before!! but my arms and neck very suan after a few mins. well depends on how you wax bah. for me i use bodyshop sugaring wax so it is not so messy (unlike those waxing stripes).

babyS
recently i feel that gynae visit is very boring. gynae always say the same thing.
________

bbs, dinner time.
 
enue: AQUAMARINE @ MARINA MANDARIN hotel

Date ~ 9th July Thursday cos some may really pop early man .
TIme~12pm
Lunch ~ 1 for 1 $38++

weishy
JUles
sharon
michele*
pegsfur
dolliepollie ( will use dollie's card cos confirm she can make it :p )
mickey
kikilala
Mich
mystifiedjan

Total 10

Anymore ladies ????? u guys hv my number liao right?reservations under cecelia if smsing pls state forum nick if nt i blur kekekkeke tks alot.

Weishy contacts: 8223 7104
 
hi all.
hows everyone?
i am not so gd, going to on 1 week MC to bed rest at home as my BP is going up. gynae advise to double up BP medicine and to go back to her on coming sat, if condition still no improve i have to admit for observation or prob to pop early as now is life threatening to me n baby, taken another 2 tube of blood for liver and kidney test and only to deliver early the placenta is out, then Bp will be ok.
 


Aiyo regg, please take care ya.... Rest more....is it your work too stressful?

I am on leave this entire week and I felt so good. No backache, no tailbone ache. Going back to work tomorrow, but only need to tahan another week than will be clearing my annual leave
 

Back
Top