(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

hi piggy,
pls don't say sorry, i have to thank you for passing the baby Ts to me. Thanks again.

I think i'll monitor 1 more day, hopefully my girl's rashes will subside. This sunday is her birthday party wo ...

smurfy,
my son used to have this horizontal line behind his head too, like no hair on the line. my nanny said this is "姑姑缘“. And it's quite true, my son is now very close to my SIL, his gugu.

Re: Maid
I sent my maid back to the agency on tuesday evening. She was emotionally unstable, kept crying at my nanny's place, i'm afraid she would hurt my bb so decided to send her back.

fatbobo,

My dialect is hokkien too.
Its what my mum says so we take it as it is lor..

Joyful,

Im also Nat picks those things on her lunar bday which is next Tue, should be same as Denson...heehee...
Im confirming with my grandma what are the exact items...they also hv to step on the super big "Ang Ku Kuey" with their new shoes, though im not sure wats the meaning of this though..heehee...
im looking forward and wondering what Nat would choose...maybe $$$..

geez.. i was hoping that he will be close to ah-yi.. not gugu..
sad.gif

joey
ur maid w u for how long? sianz right? the never ending maids' issues that we all faced.
sad.gif

err it could be fake measles... go read up onz that.. sometimes it happens with fever.. often gives parents a big scare..

dolce,

didnt hear abt the big ang ku kuey..

i'm still on hospitalisation leave, haha.. so i can do watever i wan..

my mil kip asking us if we r doing anything for Denson.. kip askin if we taking leave.. i refused to tell her our plan.. haha..

i do what i want.. haha..

egg mee suan and the picking ceremony.. sounds like lion dance.. haha

Smurfy,
I was told if BB have the gugu line den gugu gotta buy our BB a pair of shoes the line mean close to gugu.. My boi no line but my sil still buy him a pair of shoe ..

JOyful,
tt gd my boi lunar bday on Fri.. n i no leave now gotta rush to my MIL house in the evening..

btw any 1 know if there is any timing to adhere? e.g. mus be noon etc?

argghh! My boy got no super big ang ku keuy to step on today and I've not prepare anything to let my boy do the items picking today leh...

hb not back yet also, will do the item picking during his birthday party.

Thanks smurfy, shall read up more on fake measles.

The maid was with me for 1 month 2 days. For the first 3 weeks, she was ok. Then, on the 4th week, she started to cry everyday at my nanny's place. At first my nanny pitied her, kept telling me not to be harsh on her. I said ok. Last wkend, my husband talked to the maid then everything seems ok. The maid was happy. We even went to Downtown east. Then, come Monday and Tuesday, she started to cry at my Nanny's place and said alot of things.

My husband and I discussed, feel that she's emotionally unstable, so decided to send her back.

travelling> can i check if i bring many heinz food jar, will they ask me to open up at the airport? shuld i hand carry them or check them in with my baggage?

hooo.. i nvr heard of stepping on big ang ku kweh too... sometimes these traditional prac really very very interesting.. if hv a chance, it wld be fun to hv a 'course' on such traditions! hahaha.

actually hor.. was tinking.. seems like this yr, our bbs' lunar birthday is before the actual calendar birthday... but so, can they eat anything they shld avoid before they turn 1yo?

i tink i will juz adhere to the shoes frm wai-po...not doing with clothes or ang ku kweh or watever else.. hehe. dun tink will let my girls pick items on their bday (lunar or calendar) too.

fatbobo,
:D, funni me, at times i can be veri funni...:D

aiyo all of u talking abt lundar bdday. me dunno wat to do as well. edric lunar bday will fall on fri, 30 jul..

I'm not sure of the list... can help to add or amend if you know...

Items for picking during birthday and its meaning

1) Calculator (算盘 but can use digital one to replace bah) - Means good in counting?
2) Pen - Means good in writing?
3) Ruler - Means??
4) Book - Means??

I've seen my korean friends add alot of new stuffs leh... maybe to suit new generation??
- microphone
- ball
- car

fatbobo
i'm already not so strict with my boy's diet now.
My thinking is that it cannot be suddenly those to avoid stuff can eat when the clock strike 12 right???
so I already starting to intro restricted food this week.

oh.. i hv a qtn... when to start puasa this yr?? thnx. 9th or 10th aug arh? anyone with malay colleagues can help me ask? TIA~

kikilala,

I heard that for ruler, is tat they will have land to measure in future...
Heard drumstick is one of the item but duno wat i means, have abundant to eat in future ?

Maybe I picked calculator when I was young ? Thats y im accountant now ? but too bad, not managing my own $$ =P

DolceVita/fat bobo

i oni thought stepping on the ang gu kweh for gals oni.. but my mil say muz also loh.. anyway, wats she wans, she will prepare loh.. so i juz see see oni.. hee..

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww lao..
now i checked the calendar
my girl's lunar birthday oredi over? and i conveniently forget abt it and i did nothing about it...
sad.gif
and i onli recall she was playing happily in my room, refusing to sleep..
sad.gif
i feel so bad now
sad.gif

babyja,

Im not sure if its for girls or boys de...
Just tot its a tradition for babies who turned one year old...hahahaha...
Anyway mine is a girl...

hehe.. kiki... smtimes i oso tink... WHY certain food cannot eat before 1yo.. like.. hw the body noe..oh 1yr liao... can take this..can take that le... haha. but like.. why 1yr leh? y not say 350days or 388days.. or say 400days? LOL~

Re: big ang ku kueh
where to get?! It's a hokkien tradition right?
Must wear shoe then step on it, then can wear shoes to walk after that?

My hairdresser say cant celebrate 1st birthday more than once
but my friends do that for their babies
but I spilt up my celebration...house too small

Joyful,
me too....so where will denson's party be held?
I hold seperate one for MIL at her house

kIKI,
my friend 1 even have $$ notes...
happy.gif

tink mus ask those older generation wat it means haha..

Smurfy,
hahah if not Kiki mention it her boi lunar today i would have thot it nex mth n would have miss it as well.... :p

Bobo,
actually if so far ur bb dun have allergy to any food y not? becos 1 YO is jus a guideline as in safer to try other food but if ur bb proven no allergy to it y not?

kiki,

The items to pick are so interesting! Gonna do it for Ovann too
happy.gif

I think if bb picks the calculator (or abacus), it means bb gonna be a boss. If he picks up pen, den he's gonna be a scholar. The rest can't quite remember liao.

I just goggle...

During first birthday....maternal grandmother must give cooked chicken drumstick to child to signify that the child will grow up to be prosperous, never go hungry

so cool....I shall go find out all the traditions
actually quite fun!

Just called my mum...she say she heard got "ta gu" or "ta kueh" so maybe got difference between girls n boys but she not sure
I ask her go find out from her aunties network..haha

I'm not sure of the list... can help to add or amend if you know...

Items for picking during birthday and its meaning

1) Calculator (算盘 but can use digital one to replace bah) - Means good in counting, be a boss
2) Pen - Means good in writing, be a scholar
3) Ruler - Means will have land to measure
4) Book - Means??
5) Drumstick - means will never go hungry
6) $$ - means will have lots of $$

I've seen my korean friends add alot of new stuffs leh... maybe to suit new generation??
* microphone - singer, actor?
* ball - sports star?
* car - F1 racer?
kekeke!

Sharon, do share wif us if you found hehehe..the drumstick thing i saw before prob i can buy one drumstick for my gal to munch she sure luv it kekeke...

kiki, my verdict

1) Calculator - CFO
2) Pen - CEO
3) Ruler - CTO
4) Book - Scholar, Professor
5) Drumstick - means will never go hungry
6) $$ - Businessman
7) Stethoscope - Medical Doctor

hehe

My verdict:
just for laughs

1. Calculator - swindler
2. Ruler - prison warden
3. Book - librarian
4. Drumstick - glutton, sure going to be fat
5. $$ - swindler or gambler
6. Stethoscope - hopefully the dr and not patient.

bahaha.. hw abt add a mahjong tile for the little one to pick! LOL~

ok..... nonsense!

anyways.. sharon.. ya..very interested to learn more abt the "ta gu" or "ta kueh" tingy.. pls pls pls share whn u noe abt it. thnx.

so.. all these traditional tingys to do on lunar bday?

is there a special shoe to wear? or juz those shoes we (maternal grandma) buy for them go gaigai de?

dolce..u noe whr to get the giant ang gu kueh? i reckon i need to get 2 if i wana prac this huh..

fat bobo

that time when javier first month, mil got say boys muz buy ang gu and girls ang gu kueh leh.. i ask wats the difference.. she say ang gu is pointed on top and ang gu kueh is flat one..

Pjpj

I am actually expecting my 2nd bb. 2 mths now, though still breastfeeding my number 1.

I intended to introduce formula milk only when he is one yrs old. But the pregancy came before I could do so... So now very tiring and painful to pump as pregnancy will cause he breast to be tender. And it has also greatly reduce my supply.
Now I am caught with not enough milk for him as he still can't accept powder milk.

And I also suffer light spotting. The doctor said though research says that there shld be no prob to breast feed during pregnancy, it is very straining for the mother's body to do 2 things at one time. Some actually have miscarriage as their body can't cope.

So I would think that it will be good to plan ahead on the milk arrangement before you get pregnant.

babyja
keke! pointed vs flat... old people really have special sense of humor.

fatbobo
mahjong tile = 赌王 (like stanley ho also not bad!)

My hb wanna put a golf ball for his sonny to pick... if like Tiger woods than I no need to work already.

babyja> yaya. i remember the ang ku kueh thingy. dunno boy is flat, gal is pointed or wat one. can't really remember all these

fatbobo,

I also duno where to get but seems like my aunt is going to order for us.
Will check with her where she is ordering...
Seems like not alot of shops sell such big one now, need to order i think

Back