(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

ah ching,
yeah agree wif annticipating... tabao food mean got more time with ur boy and u can rest too, wifout having to prepare food... tired leh!

Hi Ah Ching,
Men can be really selfish! Don't we also wish to go out and have our fun? Re healthy meals, you can freeze cubes of puree, then add a variety to porridge. Easier on you.

Tabao food may not be ideal when you are preg and need the nutrients. Maybe you can cater from a reliable source and get your husband to p-a-y.

Ah ching,

Alamak! men are that.. sigh.. ever since got bb i find so much flaw in hb.. haha. Been mths since i ever get to slp over 9am.. always the one to wk up to bb cries. y?? y most men dont cook for bb or wash clothes? sigh.. i shd have chosen a homely hb haha

actually u can buy on wkend, put the portion mince meat or fish in container. brg down to chiller a day before u cook. just dump the meat , some veg & abc pasta or whatever noodle u wanna give. homecook no MSG no salt.. or u can just mk a soup with meat, veg & egg then give him some rice? It usually tk me less than 20min to prep & cook.. i am trying to cook for him till 2yr before he eat outside food. i read it also help to prevent them fm bcm fussy eater

Ah Ching - do take care. And yeah, maybe u can try the tingkat food? I am currently using one and we've been using it for some many months now and we think not bad.
Dont feel bad. Just do your best. Hving to work and now pregger, it is not easy. Take care.

Newmum - what sort of food do u freeze? I only freeze apples and apples only! I am not a very good mom here!

ah ching, definitely not ez taking care of a baby and preggy at the same time... esp now our kids are walking and so active. tingkat is good, i had that for a few months too... saves u a lot of trouble.

u can use a slow cooker to prepare your bb's porridge... just throw the rice and whatever in, let it cook for 1.5 to 2 hrs then it's ready... i find it a lot easier this way, plus bb gets homecooked food...

Ah ching - my hb is like that too... my hb doesnt take care of my boy too.... im the one who feeds him and get him to nap etc... yet he complains the most that he is tired... what abt me?!!! I take on 2 shifts every day - i work during the day and take care of bb at nite, and my baby doesnt sleep through the nite... my hb sleeps through it all... argh!!

Dear mummies, I am so glad that I'm not alone..
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I think Tingkat is a good idea!!
But does tingkat only send for 1 person portion?

Re: puree
I stopped pureeing food for my son when he was abt 9 months old.
He doesnt like to eat food without texture..
but every other day I will use my muchkin food grinder to make some fruits for him.

Actually my boy takes 3 solid meals a day with the nanny. So dinner time will be his 4th solid meal.
Do you think baby will be sick of porridge cos he has it at 12.30 and then at 4 pm.
So usually i give him noodles/ rice for dinner at 7 pm.

createjoy, I used to do what u do. defrost food to be cooked the next day.
But my boy keep holding on to my leg when I am cutting/ washing food/ cooking.
If I put him in his play yard in the room, he'll cry once I get out of his line of vision.
If I put him on the kitchen floor he will walk all over the kitchen.
The thing is he is still not very steady. so once he stands up I will have to drop my knife/ ladle or whatever to follow him around.
thought of putting another play yard in the kitchen but no space...
any suggestion?

My boy turned 1 yesterday and I brought him to Fidgets.
I think he enjoyed himself
happy.gif

It is so much better than Peekaboo.

Today my breast pump will officially retire!!
Will start to wean my boy. Hopefully he can self-wean.

Ah Ching! Wow! Congrats! One full year of motherhood! Hope B weans off BM successfully soon! You take care.
I just called up the tingkat company i use and unfortunately, no, they dont cater for one pax. I am not sure of other tingkat co tho since we are happy with this one still.

New Mum!
Yes, hahahah .. and oh yes, i was using that website last time too .. i mean some months ago .. but had stopped.

My girl was on food strike on monday ... and i think you guys say this is just a phase and it comes and goes .. so thanks for sharing.

Ah Ching - is there anyway you can put the playyard (near the kitchen) with B in such that he can see you?

Ah ching- u're not alone. I'm far worse than u. My mom prepares all 3 meals and showers and teaches my girl everyday. I don't do anything except go work n reach home 9 plus everyday. I feel lousy cause I only put her to bed. Also get to play abit wit her before that. She sleeps about 11plus everyday n can't sleep if I'm not ard. So I have to cramp my dinner n shower in too. Very rush.. My girl wakes up 9-10 next morning and sleeps thru so at least I get good sleep. Only thing is me waking up to toilet few times.

The other day gave fries to my girl and got screamed by my dad. Opps! So don't worry ah ching. I am far more relaxed than u. Haha. I'm preg now too so I know it's very very tiring. Especially if your bb wants to be carried. Really stressful on our tummy. Before I knew I was preg, I thought I had bloated tummy all the time so I ask my girl tojump on my tummy to release my discomfort. I even went to Doc to get anti wind n gastric medication. I'm really blur!

hi mummies
long time no post here
happy.gif
just wanna drop in and say happy birthday to all the jun babies here
happy.gif
mine turned 1 today.

Hi Chris - wow! Congrats!

Newbiemom - i've just emailed your baker friend. I havent decide on a cake/s for my baby ... still exploring, so thot to try your friend's.
happy.gif

Wow, so many of you are pregnant again! CONGRATS!! Hope you all have a smooth pregnancy. Your June 2009 babies will all have a sibling to play with soon!
happy.gif

caramelle, my girl had winnie the pooh theme for her bday too! i've a cake topper and 2 unused foil balloons for sale. dun wan them to end up collecting dust in the store.

tis was hw her cake looked like:
4091946.jpg

close up of the cake topper:
4091947.jpg

Design of the foil balloons. They are nt inflated yet.
4091948.jpg

4091951.jpg

PM me if u r interested in taking over them.

Cake topper: $12
Foil balloon: $8 each

By the way, the size of the balloon is 18 inch.

new mum, i tried pureeing a lot of food before. I tried fruits & vege like pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots, apples, pears, avocado, blueberry, grapes, mango, rock melon, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, peach, gold kiwi fruit, zucchini... i myself cant eat the same thing twice in 3 days so i ll try to give him variety. i gai siao u feed some wheat germ n lentils i read that they r power food. esp for babies who dont eat a lot.

I'm fighting a losing battle to wean my son off the breast!
He cried for 3 whole hours with a lot of tears when I refused to latch him..
After that he latched on throughout the night only falling off the breast for 15 min and will wake and cry for it.
Tried giving him formula in cup, straw, spoon feed all he pushed away.
PD told me I am not giving him enough milk and say I must try to increase his milk intake

Any mummies managed to wean off the breast successfully?
Any mummies managed to get BB to take bottle for those who previously refused the bottle..?

Really need some help here, sigh.

Newmom, if I put play yard outside kitchen then I cant go in or out of kitchen..
Now I just let him walk around. He fell down and hit his head 3 times today.
Guess he got to learn la.

Ah Ching, is yr boy drinking milk from bottle during the day? If not, u have to try giving him during the day. If yes, he might want to get comfort and security during sleep. You will need to tried a few nights b4 he is used to bottle feeding at night.

Hi Ah Ching

I asked for advice before from this forum and another mother (Michelle) suggested putting lemon juice on your breast so that baby will not want to latch on...

I did that and the baby really didnt want to latch on, even after i washed with water, he was still scared to taste my nipple..

but i would suggest doing this before a solid feed and not when it is his milk time... becos after he taste the sourness and he cant latch on, he will be v confused and upset and he wouldnt want to drink milk, but he will be ok to eat puffs and solids... after he has calmed down, then u try to introduce milk through straw or cup

if your baby is not taking enough milk, you should increase his solids. make sure he has enough protein from meat. For breakfast, he can have cereal mixed with milk (dont make the cereal so thick, add more milk) and you can also give him yogurt. this will give him his calcium...

weaning off is really difficult and there will be tears for at least 2 days.. but after that, the babies will forget and it will get better

hope this helps

Hi Bluedream, my BB does not take bottle.. even in day time.

bbpp: my boy already having 4 solid meals a day, sometimes 5.
PD told me he is waking up at night cos he didnt get to have milk in the daytime.
So now I will cut down 1 solid meal give him milk instead.
usually I only latch him before bedtime.. if I put lemon juice will he cry and not want to sleep???
My boy cant take diary products so no yoghurt for him. sigh

guess I'll have to try again on Friday night. I'm having pretty bad morning sickness.
hope the morning sickness pass soon..

any babies not walking yet??? mine still cant stand on his own for long and nt cruising also...
sad.gif

other than this, his other milestones are still good.

hi ahnetsan, my girl is not walking yet. She can crawl around (commando-style) and cruise around the bedside or sofa. But sometimes when she cruises around, she tends to tiptoe. How to solve the problem of tiptoe?

ya, my boy also tiptoes when i hold his hands and walk... dunno why leh... my mil says he's nt ready for walking yet, dats y he tiptoe.. but i read somewhere it's normal and common for them to tiptoe when they are starting to learn to walk...

Hi Caramelle,

I have fun at 1 flag banner (used for my gal's first birthday yesterday).

PM if you are interested, i will email u the pic.

I have also have the sesame street's 1st birthday wall deco x2 and ist birthday banner.

Let me know if your are interested.

Thanks

Ah ching,
Anyone at home to hel you feed ur boy? Try to get someone help to feed him milk from sippy cup.

Cayden wakes every hour or bihourly too, he also rejects bottle. We suspect he suckle not enough milk so we get our helper help to feed Cayden EBM from mugmug b4 going to bed. I find that when I try to feed him he will tent to push away the cup, when my helper feed, he can suckle abt 120ml and my helper will spoon feed him then rest. Maybe they already associate mummy = latching so very hard for us to intro them bottle.

Hi ecmom, there's only me at home.
In the daytime the nanny tried to give him milk in cup/ straw/ spoon feed he also dont want.

In the end she resort to use bowl and spoon feed.
or she'll add cereal or use bread to soak milk.

At this rate my boy boy will be fat fat lei.
Now he is 10.1 kg.

Saw gynae yesterday. say I must stop breastfeeding by 3rd month.. got 6 weeks to go. Ha ha.

hi mummies, any comment on this item? i'm thinking whether i shd get this so that i can brg him to coffeeshop eat but i wonder if he will use it long..cos in time he might start to walk and refuse to sit still?was thinking if can use a year then worth getting.. it not ex lah $26 but still dont wanna waste $.
Totseat: www.totseat.com
to view video demostration-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bja0aPbfW0s

ah ching
aiyoh must be hard on you. I'm also oftn alone. so helpless at times he so sticky refuse to let me bathe even with doors open.. i end up putting him in bath tub and let him play water while i bathe.but thinking wn shd i stop doing that to a boy...
10.1 ok mah.. mine only 9.5 i think he look thin see his 5mth pic so chubby now so thin..haha hope he can be more chubby but yet i refuse to feed him more cos i find it enough to fill his little tummy which is like 1/5 to 1/4 of ours.. i still feeding him 210ml since few mths ago till yday just inc slightly to 225ml.. i just compare against myself drinking 3 cup of water a time shd be very full. i dont wanna expand his little tummy too much.. hope u will succeed stop BF soon!

Hi createjoy, I think the totseat will be waste of $$.. cos BB now very active.
Most coffeeshop got baby high chair now. OR just go to those with high chair
happy.gif

createjoy i read from Baby book that we have to start covering ourselves when BB turns 18 months.
So now I also bathe with door slightly open and talk to him/ play peekaboo
Most of the time I bathe after he sleeps though

createjoy,
the item looks cool. but hor i thk jayden after a while wont wan to sit in it liao...
nw if im at coffeeshop, i jus sit him on my lap and eat like dat. difficult lah, but i thk the high chairs at coffeeshop are damn dirty lor.

thanks for the feedback! mmm think i not buying then. i also tot might not use long. cos my hse all coffeeshop highchair only from "zhu chao" ...

Ah ching, my boy now super sticky since last week he wants be to be seated and he cruise around , i cant be walking around or else he will follow me. when i go bath or kitchen he start to cry becos he cant follow me even though i'm in his view. sigh.. duno y like that. previously he been happily eating biscuits after i pick him from IFC , i bathe. now he dont want. I dont want him to cry 5-8 min everytime i bath.. wow now working if i wait for him slp then bathe 9+ 10 i still gotta wait hair dry then slp cannot leh.
sad.gif
hope he will out grown it again soon.

ah ching: My boy also refuse ebm, now only taking around 100ml per day when nanny hide them in cereal. He'll not take it if it's plain ebm, will taste one mouthful and refuse to drink anymore. Started to intro FM in the day and he seems to be OK with it. But night he'll still latch. So maybe you can try different brands of EBM?

Now he'll usually sleeps around 11+ or MN, then wakes again at 3am ... and latch on both before he finally sleeps at 4am.. wonder why so hungry! And he'll latch one or 2 more times till around 7+ when I send him to nanny place.

I checked with the PD, she said latching is more for bonding then for the nutrients at this time, so can replace with FM liao
happy.gif
But of course our bm still have antibodies which FM doesn't have lah

For your case you've no choice but to wean him off, But weekend I still let him latch

createjoy: For those places without high chair, I'll leave him at the stroller... then when he cry just carry him up loh
happy.gif

Hi dolly, I've stopped expressing bm. now he take soy FM with his cereal.
EBM got different brand?
happy.gif
I thought only got mummy's brand ha ha

My PD say 1 year old still need 500 - 700 ml of milk lei so he say that is why my boy still waking up to latch at night.
I think if he can take his FM in the daytime, maybe he'll wake up less at night to latch.

I tried putting him to sleep just now without latching.
Success after at least 200 times of Twinkle twinkle little stars and rock a bye baby.

Keep my fingers crossed that he'll go back to sleep without latching if he wakes up in the middle of the night

createjoy, I have something similar to that. It's called Sack n Seat. http://www.thisnext.com/item/D7547ED3/Sackn-Seat
Bought it at one of the warehouse sale for baby items... for less than $20 (I can't rem the price but it's definitely less than $20... otherwise I won't buy it!). Found it useful cos I can use it anywhere when I am out with my carrier and no pram. D doesn't fuss in it either and it's quite easy to keep and convenient to bring out. Used it at my Mom's place when there is no high chair. The thing is flexible as the strap can be adjusted to fit the child. I believe it can be used up to 3 years old.
Hope the feedback helps.

yeah! rouxuan has grown her 1st tooth! 3 days shy of her 1st bday
happy.gif
finally. can only see 3mm of it but at least it's finally coming out.

bbjun, the sack n seat looks interesting. just check that kidzloft selling it at $27.90. original price is $39.90!

createjoy, ya my gal suddenly now away very sticky to me. nowadays push away my mil. only way is to distract her with her favourite mickey mouse cartoon on okto. i recorded it on the starhub box. it's really a life saver!

haha.. toffeecat, u measured ah? 3mm. LOL.
Yeah.. I bought it from kidzloft but it was during their sale and I rem it was less than $20 during the sale.

ah ching.. haha didn't realized.. well EBM is mummy's own brand lah!
haha.. so fast 1 year already! And my boy has been biting me and other people as well, it hurts and I got some bruise from it. Tried to tell him not to do it, but not very effective sometimes. Maybe more teeth coming....

Back