(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

Annie: Good, at least he not angry w you doing the shou jin thingy... 2yrs old very hard to control lah, they are big baby... my niece also like that, lucky she not spoilt brat, dun cry that much. *phew* We just scare she might anyhow touch or shake baby without knowing that it might cause harm

dolly- he wont do the shou jin things as we r christian.. my niece dont dare touch my baby.. now nesher jerk over soft sound even in his sleep..
sad.gif

tis afternoon Nesher all sudden cried loudly in his sleep

Annie is ur niece jealous of ur bb? my #1 was like that also especially lately he worst than last time can scream for more than half an hour at first we tot he is throwing his temper cuz he just started childcare but today i just realise he started to scream and cry when i wanna carry my baby..he dont even wanna let me go into the room to look at my bb..

Hello all,
bought bb to TMC last night cos he had diarrhea. I guess it was our mishandling of BM that caused his tummy upset. I am so fedup with myself. Anyway, he is better after the medicine, and doc told me to give him all breastmilk for these 2 days. So I have been waking up to express for him almost every 2 hrs. Gtg and express. Yawn!

split- no my niece not jealous of nesher it jus tat she wan attention & when she scream, my elder sis will tell her 4 sibling give in to her cos she small..so she will scream to get wat she wan...

my 2 yrs old nephew will not let his mother(my younger sister) touch her 6mth old brother & 3 weeks ago he go bite his brother's finger when they were sleeping.. as my nephew is the elder son & grandson, he is spolit by his paternal grandparents & tat day when my dad hit him on his hand real hard for sweeping the food away frm the table, my sis ask dad is it he beat him rather hard tats y he cried so loud.. dad said nobody dare to discipline he will do it for her...

LFB- it very tiring to pump milk.. every 3 hours i got to faster pump out milk when he asleep as if he not sleeping i cant pump out milk & got to endure having leaking breast

bb potato- i find it good as i can pump alot of breast milk & don have the hard lump anymore ...
& it quiet & easy to use not noisy at all...
as i pump, the patented let down massage cushion flexes in & out massaging the area ard the nipple to stimulate milk flow
happy.gif

hi mummies..very long time nv log in..so many posts to read..

hmm..i am still blurr with some stuff abt baby bonus..how does it work..i hav to open 2 acc? one is for baby bonus and the other for my baby? or can i joint names with my baby to become one acc?? within how many days hav to do the baby bonus?? Can any mummies provide information for me?? thanks..

so many things to catch up..baby is getting up more often..do ur babies get up more often?

the cash gift.. can deposit to any of your savings account (i.e the joint account you have).

but CDA is a new account under the newborn's name and only at OCBC and Standard Chartered Bank.

annie ya usually first one very spoiled..like my #1..today bring him out he throw his temper and scream till everyone look at us i feel so stress haiz..sometime see my son act like that i start to hate my inlaws for spoiling him..so stress over that..

<font color="0000ff">Mummies, I have following to sell =D

Brand new, for sale at 20% off NTUC price. Delivery included for western or northern singapore!

Dates :

S26 Gold Alpha Pro Step 1 (900g) use by 09 11 2010
Friso Gold Step 1 (900g) use by 11 02 2011

PM if interested. Thanks !!</font>

BB potato: Personally I find it's better than madela. It fits my size and triggers let downs which I like and it's easy to use.

BTW how you know I'm using this pump? ahahahaha

Qi7, Annie: How much is this pump? I'm using medela PIS and so far not successful in pumping at all... maybe I should buy this one?

I bought it second hand at this forum... though second hand but the lady used only few times. Items very new if you dont mind. Cos I got budget mah...

Spend about 200+ to 300 on second hand. Annie should bought first hand? Can ask her.

Dont mention Medela man )*&amp;^%^&amp;(*()_)(&amp;^%%$#@%* I will curse and swear...

STUPID KKH NURSES claim I cannot use my own pump. Must rent the MEDELA from them. (*&amp;*^%^#@#%^*(*)()**&amp;% make my breasts bleed around the nipple area because too small for me. Now still got scars... my breast is scarred for life!

hi mummies,
I am in the Sep thread, would like to find out the following:
1)may i know what brand of diapers you are using? I was torn between huggies small and mammypopo?
2) MtA - do we need to pay deposit first? by cash, cheque or can by credit card before we go to delivery ward?

Please advice. thanks
happy.gif

hi babiesmeme

1)Im using drypers and petpet now since bb required to change diapers during every feed both brands are cheaper..but personally i find that huggies is gd, my #1 using huggies now.

2)MtA need to pay deposite depending on the ward u choose, can be paid by credit card or cash.

Oh split, thanks so much. I was thinking of 1 bedded at Mt A. How much you pay for your hospital fee, whcih hospital? how to use the packet herb bath to bath? are we suppose to boil the herb over the gas stove for 15 minutes or can we use hot water tank over the herbs? How many packs to use cos what I have is eight small packets in a pack?

bbpotato/ dolly,
the avent isis duo is v exp! brand new is $855 at robinsons and already Special buy! it is definitely out of my budget!

im also thinking of getting a electric pump as now im using avent manual, i hoping electric would yield more milk although my supply is still quite pathetic.

am deciding between avent isis uno ($250) and ameda ($380).

first mum,
i got avent isis uno (2nd hand from my friend) and ameda (i bought).. for the price diff, i say get ameda.. dual pump cut pumping time by half... when u pump every 3 hrs.. every second count.. it is an investment.. if u having a 2nd child or u intend to pump for a long time.. i think it is worth it

mummies,
i now down with mastitis again.. xian.. havnt seen doc yet.. been taking panadol and pumping.. since my first matitis, i had 5 engorgement incidents already.. my family are so stressed for me.. cos i was never in good health even before pregnancy.. they are worried that i did not recover well during confinement esp i went for csec..

my mom even cried and say her heart ache when she see me pump and look soo pale.. all including my hubby tell me to ask doc to stop milk production..

how? i really want to continue but i know i am doing it at the expense of my health..

Fat_mom,

same here, juz came back fr GP, hving fever again with tender breasts.

haiz, dunno y this time round so tough

everytime i use e washable breastpads, i kenna

fat mom and bbpotato,
*hugs* cheer up things will get better.

regarding engorgment, are u pumping at regular intervals and clearing your blocked ducts?
must endure and knead hard on the blocked ducts..
try using a warm compress
so far i kenna engorgement twice, coz I did not latch/ pump on one of my breast at night..
dun give up, jia you!

Hi fat_mom and bbpotato
poor thing! Pls take care. I read from other thread that this malay lady is very good in clearing blocked ducts and engorgment. Do you want her contact? Many swear by it! Said she saved them. If you want, just leave a note here and I will PM you. In the meantime, just take care. I know I shouldn't say this, but if BM is really causing alot of hurt and harm for you, maybe can consider pumping or even FM. You tried and that's most impt. Pls take care!

Just realised a good way to hush bb. That is to latch him! He was cranky just now and I just shove my nipple into his mouth and he is quiet! Wow, I am surprise! Anyway, happy that I found a good way. Am so worried of crying babies! CL said that at least he wants to latch, since he is almost always on bottle! I told her cos he is always looking for milk, that's why when no bottle, nipple also good! Happy to know that at least he is able to suck!

dear all..

thanks for ur concern.. every time i got fever.. i look so dead and wasted.. and i feel so useless.. cos when i got fever my bb dont want me to carry at all.. and my mom had to take care of me and my bb.. my hubby also suffer

just spoke to my friend.. she also had lots of infection and fever.. so bad that she had to do operations (twice) to remove the engorgement.. in the end she was advised by her gynae to stop feeding.. but that was when bb is 3 mth old

bbpotato,
since u know ur cause is washable breastpads.. i think u should stop using it.. every time i got fever i tried to analyse the cause.. sometimes is my bra pressed against my breast tissue.. now i dont even sleep on my side cos my breast will be squeezed

my friend say if we get engorgement very easily, we will be those who will get it very frequently.. recurrent mastitis.. so do take care.. i am close to finish my box of panadol already..

chidori,
i am pumping regularly and doing the usual stuff.. massage, etc still not helping.. i am afraid this is genetic.. cos my grandmom and my mom family all got engorgement history.. very bad

LFB,
pls send me the contact.. i am alrea3dy giving FM.. my BM is only 20ml per pump.. pathetic.. before my first engorgement.. i had around 60ml.. that was like 3 wks ago.. my bb doesnt even want to latch on.. cos she is too lazy to suck the engorged breast

so envious that ur bb is willing to suck..
sad.gif

i think tomorrow i will see gynae and LC and seek advice.. i am so drained now

Hi Fat_mom,

I have sent you the contact via PM. Hope she can help you. The reason my bb is willing to suck cos he is hungry. So I guess ths is the reason.

hi mummies, sorry to interrupt, I'm from July threead. I have an extra bouncer from fisher price to sell. It can vibrate and have removable toy bar. Happen to receive 2 bouncer as gift. Letting go at $60. Brand new and unopened. Can collect at my place at Holland Vi. Anybody interested pls email me at [email protected]

hi LFB,
thanks a lot.. i just called her.. she is coming to see me tmrw.. one hr 58.. not cheap.. but i shall give it a try.. if i kena another time.. i think i will see doc and get medicine to stop milk

actually i also read abt her when i was researching 3 wks ago.. that time i called her.. she didnt pick up the phone and never reply back.. so i tot she retired already.. if u never give me the no again.. i will never approach her.. thanks so much.. i am so happy now..

If it's washable breastpads 's fault, why not use the disposable ones? I'm using the 48 pcs from trollyjoy at $6.90 only,quite ok.
happy.gif

hey how oftn u gals change the disp pad? do u use only wn go out or at home too? any one bb ard 5-6th wk, hw much are u feeding? i exp milk 100ml about every 2.5hr but he drk that amt every 2hr. FM at night 90ml every 3 hr. normal? he been shitting only once these 3 days, last time shit alot wonder is now i always give fresh exp milk previously chilled milk or now he growth sprut not tking enuff cos i using pacificer.

i using pet pet daytime too.. not gd lah but very cheap $7+ small size.. night i use Goon. anyone use sealy? my sis day gd and cheap $9+. any other brand cheap &amp; got got wetness indicator? i like goon got indicator and the sticker not noisy but i fd it too ex..

wow Fat mom the malay lady so ex huh.. heard most masg lady who massg tummy masg breast too and not so ex.. i didnt do masg, c-sect.. i wanted to masg breast too keep having block duct.. bt heartpain the $ cos i not working.. wow 60ml previously same as me leh hw come u end up engorge.. tk too long to pump is it? i pump every 2-3hr.. last 2 days too tired pump at 4hr.. alot block duct lor... end up pump 1hr to clr still not fully clr... i'm curious leh i read ameda website rch 700-1000ml can pump less freq but bb drk 100ml a feed 700ml a day where enough??

anyone bought insurance for bb? was looking at AIA star shield like not bad.. anyone know independent financial advisor? are they more ex? what's their advg, is it they know all the insurance company policy and can recommend the best or what?

M pumping at regular interval and latching on bb at nite.

Last nite still woke up @ around 1+ to pump as bb still zzz-ing. Shortly after pumping, told hb tat m falling sick as got aching body. He checked temp ok. Morng woke up fever was bad, hit 39.7.

No prob with supply, hv stored abt 20+ frozen EBM liao. Nw giving both EBM and FM as his jaundice level is quite high. Hence latching on less frequent.

fat_mom,
you try out see how. Think she increased her price. Was formerly $50 I thought I read. Anyway, hope she can help you.

createjoy,
now I increase my pumping from 6hr/interval to 2-3hr/interval. I usually get 70ml-90ml, sometimes lucky reach 100ml. My boy also eat more than that amt. I used tohave abt 15 packets of FBM, but these 2 days he had diarrhea, so doc ordered TBF. He has been drinking all the suppply! Thank goodness I have some stored. So now I wake up twice in the night to express, plus abt 6-7 pumps for day plus evening. My usual was 540ml, then with the new schedule, I can get abt 600ml-700ml max! Hope the supply will increase leh! I eat normally, nothing extra or herbs. My massuer told me to drink more water, to have more supply!

Insurance
we bought from GE, some "shield" thingy. Forgot liao!

fat_mom: Poor thing, hope your mastitis gets better. My boy has no choice but to suck because I can't express and not giving FM. So yeah, helps to ease my engorgement.

Wow the Avent pump so expensive also! Maybe I should try manual pump
happy.gif

fat mom,
hope the ml can help you
happy.gif
ow, then give FM bah, nothing wrong with that too

bbpotato,
I'm using lucky baby breast pads, so far ok. I use abt 4 per day..

ladies,
I need some rec for a good skin doc.. I been plagued with PUPP even after 4 weeks after delivery.. now my GP suspect its gestational herpes.. other than the terrible rash, the itch is killing me.. if you got any good ones, kindly recommend.. feeling quite miserable now..

lfb,
i rembr u bought the ameda recently. what pump were u using previously? would u say that ameda is more efficient in pumping out the milk?

my supply is still low, 60-80ml each time and i pump only 5 times a day. already i feel so busy and have to rush through it cos i also have another 4 year old to attend to.

am wondering if i should invest in an ameda? is the assembly and washing/ sterilising tedious? pls give me your feedback. TIA!

fatmom,
thks for the feedback. im apprehensive as i dont think i will have a third child and i dont know if i can maintain my low supply anot...

first mum,
I'm using ameda too... previously using manual pump.. I find ameda pretty good... i usually can achieve first letdown within 2 mins..
assembly and wahing is easy.. except that the valves are soft and got to be careful not to spoil it..

First mum,
I was using Medela mini electric before Ameda. The reason for changing is becos Medela is too noisy! The motor sounds like those grass cutter machine! Moreover I was told the motor don't last long, so I decided to buy one for myself (Medela belongs to my SIL).

As for efficiency, I would say Ameda is better cos it's dual pump, you can pump your milk in lesser time for same quantity. I use to have 120ml when I pump in 6hr interval. But now that I have increase my pumping session, the amt is usually 90-100ml for 15min. If I count in total, I should have more milk, cos I have more pump. I was told demand =supply. So you pump more, the brain will tell the breasts to make more! So you should increase your pumping session.

Ameda is really easy to use. There is this main set, where there is 2 control for cycle(how fast you want the pump to go) and vacuum(how you want the suction-high or low). There will be 2 tubes that you attach to the set. The tubes also connect the funnel which you attach the bottles. You can google Ameda and look at the picture. Simple! As for washing, 2 x 2 parts to sterilize. The funnels and bottles. The funnels fit any small mouth bottles, like Medela, so I didn't waste money buying more! If you really want to get and have time to try out, can go to Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group.They let you try.
http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/demo-pumps.html

I bought from this shop in Chinatown. They do free delivery. I bought at $350, comes with a free gift(some Lanolin breast spray-I didn't use!) If you interested, you can call them 65323855. Think Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group sells at $380. Hope my answers help you!

I tried bringing baby twice this week and both times were a real nightmare. I think its becos he is really disturbed by the new stimuli and unfamiliar surroundings so he refused to sleep and fussed throughout the time we were out. Both times, I wanted to rush home.I think baby is not ready to be brought out yet. Looks like I am going to be domicile at home for a long while more. Any mum brought baby out and had same experience?

If I bring my girl out, she will be happily sleeping cos I will be carrying her in my arms when I am out. Home I will use pacifier, last resort is carrying because I taking care of her alone. I need to express milk and sterilize, feed myself etc so no much time to carry.

I brought my son out on the 1st week for PD and gynae visit, half the time I'm breastfeeding him
happy.gif

Once we reach Paragon - feeding time
By the time we wait for PD - feeding time
On the way home - feeding time (feed in the car)
So, yeah, really no other peace time + I'm still under confinement, so no chance to walk walk

We are going out again this Sat for 1 month visit, and I'm out of my confinement too! haha... hopefully can have some outside food
happy.gif

dear mummies.. I'm a happy May 2009 mummy. Sori if i've interupt ur topic.

i m selling my mumsfairy handsfree Pumpin' Pal Super Shields &amp; Pumpin' Pal's Original Handsfree Strap. Bought on 25th May 2009 at Mt Alvernia. Used only once.

As my bb only wans to latch on, if nt, this are really v useful cos u can sit back n relax while pumping. can b use for single or dual pump. u won't feel so stressful in the middle of the nite pumping, cos 1 day to pump 6-8 times is really no joke. this can really ease ur back from tiredness n aching for sitting upright, especially if u r in ur confinement period.

More info can read from here. http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&amp;task=view&amp;id=20&amp;Itemid=31

Any1 interested, pls pm me. Thank you :)

hi new mummies!

i am a Dec09 mtb.. i hope i am not interrupting..
i am looking for a good confinement lady..as all of u are doing your confinement or just finished your confinement, could you recommend me your CL if she's good?

thank you!

split- first grandson tat y kana pamper.. u shuld have seen the witch(MIL) yesterday early noon went back to serangoon &amp; she go shake my son to wake him up so she can play wif him &amp; my son cried &amp; become so cranky yesterday.. told my hubby if sat my son doing 1st mth &amp; she do it again u wan me to tell her off or u tell her &amp; he answer he going to tell her off as he experience how hard to take care of Nesher..took him 7hrs + to coax him to sleep..
sad.gif

Dolly- cost $855 if u wan to pump both in one time &amp; $299 for the single one
happy.gif

me already went shopping wif hubby &amp; carrying Nesher at jurong pt kiddy palace to get a new set of clothing for his 1st mth tis sat &amp; more towel &amp; handtowel &amp; disposable breast pads &amp; wet tissue &amp; new padding shoe

chidori,
i c. usu how many letdowns do u get for each pumping session? i only get once or twice, thats why cant yield much.

lfb,
thank you for the detailed feedback. i know the store you mentioned, its cheong chong and i used to buy stuff from her for my 1st born. ameda sounds very gd, but im holding back cos my supply is low, and i dont know how long before i dry up!

btw is the suction painful? cos the avent pump has made my nipples very sore and everytime i pump now, im in pain!!

Back