(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

lenny:: haha i never really go look into what i eat! the one i used to take I think is the softgel one, the golden colour thing for my #1. but now, the gynae gave me this super huge one, red in colour.. i need to go back home to check the box.. hhaha!

Lenny,

oic..heehee, ya i should give a try
happy.gif
thanks for the advise...

Hi All,

I took morning leave again today. YTD, i keep having cold sweat, don't know why...Now also the same...I got a feeling anytime, i will "blackout" and faint.

I ate crabs last night too, i can't even touch any of the rice, so only ate the Black Pepper Crabs...I think my MS came back and getting worst, even my fav salt & vinegar chips don't seem to work anymore.

Pammie, Congrats in seeing your BB's heartbeat! You must be real excited then.

Princess, so soon can see the gender? i am approaching my 10th week, dunno my next appt at 12th week will i get to see the gender also.

Lenny,

Will taking fish oils help in curbing MS?

Gingal,

this part i don't know. i only know that DHA is for developing baby's eyes and brains. If you notice, the baby milk power formulas has it too.
i was adviced to take this pre-pregnancy to build a reservoir supply in our body in preparation for the baby cos our baby will take all of it from us.

as for MS,
I only read that ginger biscuit will help.

pinkdemoness,
I am also in my 7th week going to 8th. Next gynae appointment will be next next week...in my 9th week bah...

Thanks, Lenny! Will check out NTUC. I need to stock up on Meiji milk and Nestle cereals as well...I am trying not to think Milo...scared bb come out dark dark...

Pink Piglet & Torayme

i have attached the following reply from Brands for your reading.

Dear Ms Lenny,

The following is the reply to your Contact Us enquiry.

Question:
hi, i am currently in my very early stages of pregnancies and would like to find out if it is ok to drink Brands Essense of Chicken as there are herbs in the product. Will the herbs affect my baby?

Answer:
Congratulations! We are pleased to know about your pregnancy.

We hope that your enquiry has been attended and addressed fully in the earlier telephone conversation with our Customer Care Officer, Lynda.

You may consume BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken during pregnancy.
Regular consumption of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken benefits the general well-being and improve mental alertness.
It has been scientifically proven that BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken improves the quality and quantity of breast milk as well as enhances iron absorption and blood restoration in your body.

Should you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us at our BRAND’S® Customer Care Line at 1800-732 4748 (Mondays - Fridays, 9.00am - 5.00pm) or email us at [email protected]

Yours in health,

Lynda Cheah
Customer Care Officer
--------------------
Please do not reply to this e-mail. To contact us, please click here.

Please delete this mail if you are not the intended recipient.

We are transmitting this electronic mail message at the request of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, recording or copying of any information contained herein is unauthorised. Thank you.

www.brandsworld.com.sg

Copyright 2005. BRANDSWORLD.

Lenny
Thanks for the infor. I never know that essence of chk helps to improve quality and quantity of breast milk. Mmmm.....must diligently start to drink alternate day.

Thank You Lenny,

Now can "An Xin" drink BRAND'S liao. But still having constipation and piles, don't if drink liao will too heaty anot also.

Nowadays keep feeling dizzy, breathless, and no strength...maybe BRAND'S will help....

Gingal,

drink more water to flush... i think i also start having constipation liao. later or tomorrow will go buy banana and see if it will help.

Pammie
you mention can still BD just dont ejaculate inside cos' of bacteria that may be harmful to bb. that's what my gynae used to tell you. then use condom can? else how ah?

Pammie,

I found something and extracted from the internet on the following:

http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/pregnancy/sex_pregnancy.html

Can sex harm my baby?
No, not directly. Your baby is fully protected by the amniotic sac (a thin-walled bag that holds the fetus and surrounding fluid) and the strong muscles of the uterus. There's also a thick mucus plug that seals the cervix and helps guard against infection. The penis does not come into contact with the fetus during sex.

Hi all MTBs,

here's another posting addressing the issue.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_why-you-might-need-to-say-no-to-pregnancy-sex_745.bc

Is it okay to have sex during pregnancy?

In most cases, yes. Assuming that you don't have certain complications, having sex shouldn't pose a risk to you or your baby.

Your baby is surrounded and cushioned by amniotic fluid, and protected by your uterus and a layer of muscles. And the mucus plug inside your cervix helps guard against infection. (It's not impenetrable, though, so if you or your partner has sex with other people, you need to use condoms to protect yourself — and your baby — from sexually transmitted infections.) In certain circumstances, though, you may have to modify your activity or abstain from sex altogether for part or all of your pregnancy.

Lenny,

Thanks for the BRANDS info. Hubby's gonna get it for me. I'll take it on alternate days too. One of my colleagues said that it help with her lethargy and increased her energy level during pregnancy. I also know of mothers who take Brands Essence of Chicken before heading for the delivery suite!

Today has been another lousy feeling day for me. Keep feeling nauseas and like I'll puke anytime. And it is so weird cos I'm almost hitting wk 11. Need to keep eating to beat the queasiness.

Lenny,

Hubby has been using condom during BD cos I don't want him to ejaculate in me. Apparently that can trigger contractions. So far it has been ok for me.

I have yet let hb touch me since we know we are pregnant. And no mood to do BD due to MS which affects me thru the whole day even at night. I dun even dare kiss hb coz feel like puking.
sad.gif

Dunno how hb feels, yet to ask him, dunno if he DIY either. I just too sick to do anything. So envy u gals who can engage in the loving.

Minnie,

i think better talk to hubby about his feelings and how you feel cos i think you also don't want to make hubby feel neglected and i think you know what possible problems that i will cause you both in future.

if you're really not keen on this, at least let him know why.

minnie,

I guess I'm still ok with BD cos my MS is not too bad but still the mood is minimal. We just started returning to BD these last 2 weekends. Am usually too tired, so it's a pretty short session too
happy.gif

Hi gals,

I went to my gynae visit this morning and saw my bb waving at me, so cute! I am approaching 12 weeks but still feeling nausea, hope this MS go away soon. I will be going for my OSCAR test 2 weeks later.

Me also have not BD since i knew i was carry BB. As my condition has not always been stable, we were advised not to BD by Gynae during 1st trimester. I think even if Gynae says can go ahead, my HB also won't dare.

You know some guys will think that they will hurt the BB, make them deformed, the ejaculation will caused bad skin etc etc...I think my HB will believe..wahahahaha

sportyger,

It must be a real exciting feeling...
About the MS...My parents keep consoling me that it will passed after the first trimester, I hope i am the lucky one...I saw too many of my frens went through MS for whole of pregnancy...
uhoh.gif

Pomegranate,

i know condoms got expiry dat but hubby still in korea le.. as much as i want to also cannot lor.. kekekek

MTBs,
If condition not stable then also good to avoid BD. i think our Hubby will understand.

Sportsger..
So cute.. bb can wave at you... i hope my hubby gets to see this too. he will be back to go with me on my second appointment. and i hope he will still be around for our 3rd appointment before he goes of to hong kong for a month. will be good if can see bb reacting to us by then

Lenny and qingal,

Ya it was really exciting to see bb waving at us. Bb even jumped once, then when my gynae ask bb to jump again, it didnt want to hehe.

Yayy sportyger,
We're nearly thru to 2nd trimester! Jia you!
happy.gif

Minnie
If you're still spotting, plus MS and no mood, then wouldn't advice you to BD la. But can sweettalk to hubby and tell him you'll make up for it when you are better.
happy.gif

My gynae also advice us not to BD during 1st trimester, since than we never BD. Most of the time i tired also. I not the person with high sex drive. Think my HB also DIY himself. He scare of hurting the bb now since last time i had help him to DIY and next day i got spotting.

thanks. I think he oso scare to BD too. Seeing me spotting and vomitting, think he oso no mood and too tired helping with the housework.

sportsger
so cute ur BB. Jumping to cheer mommy. =D

sportyger, my BB also jumped and jumped when i did my scan last round. me and hb call BB "Hopping Bean" ... Gynae said BB very active...

Is it safe to use condoms when BD? I think better not, cos of the spermicide...

I think me also no mood BD...Tired + Nauseas + No Strength + No Sex Drive...Feels sooo Fat and NOT Sexy at all...keke...

qingal, your bb is so energetic, so cute!

My hb and I also never BD since I pregnant. I also no mood with the nausea feeling the whole day.

my MS is terrible today too ... being vomiting almost none stop since morning =p

wow you ladies can still BD ... i am just glad if i do not need to hug the toilet bowl these days heehee anyway my hubby used to it liao cos when i had my #1, it was the same case. pity him but no choice lar ...

i drank chicken essence when i was Bf-ing and its good. More milk too heehee

babe,

why envy us who sufffer from MS? its really no fun, one of my Gf is a super girl. she works full time, study part time degree with me at that time and then got pregnant but she got no MS.

she gave birth to healthy children and now she is in our singapore's dragon boat team. i really respect her for that

hmmm my gynae said dont BD til after 1st trimester leh... i feel quite bad for hubby... but i tell him to DIY lo... hehehehe... after reading those webs... maybe il ask hubby if he wants to then we can use condoms... we have quite a lot... i actually dont like using them... prefer the raw feeling... hehehe... jus hopefully in the middle of BD i dont suddenly want to
1641207.gif
if not totally spoil mood... hahaha

Back