(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

iceblue. Hi 5. My baby also does that when hb carries her. When i bring out my arms to carry her, she turn away n cling onto hb. So sad. But if i leve her for 3hrs, she will cling to me and ditch hb after i reach home. But sad thing is she points to hb and his photos n calls him dada dee but she only calls me when she wants milk
sad.gif

Snow:
I guess we will be staying here for another 2-3 more years. Not certain yet. Hehe, ur right; by the time she was 6 months old she already saw 4 countries :D
U sleeping before the bb? Haha :D

Lonerunner:
Good ur bb takes the pacifier. Mine stopped taking it at 3 months once she found out how yummy her fingers are. When she was taking the pacifier, it was much easier to make her sleep : (
Regarding the loud music, why don’t u give a call to the town council and ask them to advice these guys to tone down. When I was there, they also used to play until very late, sometimes until 11, and although I used to keep all windows closed, the music was so loud that when my husband made a call to them, he had to talk in the bathroom facing the other side of the block. Lol.

Ginn and Overload:
:D lets invite other mummies to reveal their secret funny stories about the way they handle their bb. I am sure we are NOT ALONE. Hahhahaahaaaaa!

DJ:
U shopping queen. U will be going back to Sg hands so much full. I am sure ur baggage weight would have increased by now.
Ur girl’s stories making me laugh a lot! esp. the stuck milk bottle cap.. If I were there I don’t know how I wld have stopped myself from giving a bite on Mer’s lovely cheeks! I really don’t know….. : )

Happy:
The samples I have is drypers. Not so good not so bad. I am sure Pampers will be good.

Peachmomo:
Congrats on justin’s winning the contest. U must be a proud mummy. He is very handsome..

Ferberization is a technique in which u let the child cry for a period of time b4 u offer any sort of comfort. At bedtime, u leave the baby in the cot and leave the room. Then u will return to the room at certain intervals to check whether the baby has slept or not, and if he didnt sleep yet, u can offer comfort. The intervals will increase progressively (like the first visit to the room will be after 3 minutes, the next one will be after 5 minutes, …). I tried it once, and after 10 minutes itself i can not stand her crying. It requires continuous practice and determination, which I can not provide at this point. i worry i will give up after a few days trial, and that few days will be nothing but a waste and torture to the poor bb..

sandy: if he stick to hubby i think i wun tt sad. hmm.. lik difnt cos we r the parents..but no choice, unable to take care of her myslf, thts the problem.

keke u r her 'supplier'

hmm lonerunner and overload,

naomi is also very mobile..cant stop crawling, cruising, standing but her tooth came out on the day she turned 6mths old. maybe it doesnt apply to everyone. another example is princessdella's renee..her first tooth came at 3 mths (there abouts), she could flip at 3 mths old and crawl at 5 to 6mths and now can walk with push walker

lonerunner, happy: yah lor, after one trip, feel like going for another...
really tempted to plan for next trip!
happy.gif

happy: hehe, han is full of expressions hor. :p he shows his happiness, anger, frustration, etc.
sometime he 'gong gong' stare at nothing or z, we also find him cute!
haha... typical parents in love with their kid!
and the ferry trip is quite ok, except that he LS when we are on board. !#@^#&!&.
happy.gif

snow: i am the same too! end up we sleep first while accompanying bb to sleep.
have been too exhausted.
sad.gif

DJ: yr pics and posting make me want to go HCMC leh!!!
have not been to any shopping trip liao.
maybe next trip plan bangkok with han. :p
wow! and mer is superb and she has instinct to fight for her rights. :p

pull-up: i tried huggies (sample) and dryers (cos it's cheaper lah).
anyone tried the ntuc one?

peach: congrats! u have been active in sending bb for contest!
i v lazy leh.

ah zi, peach: han also still din call yet.
but MIL says one of the evenings when we are back late, around the time when we are usually back home, he called pa pa.
then MIL told him pa pa went out wont be back early.
i so jealous! i was telling hubby we have yet to hear it on our own leh.

iceblue: dont feel sad. today my BIL's gf carry han and he doesnt want both papa and mama to carry him!
think he find it fun to have a new experience... super unexpected
han's normal pattern is whoever is with him lesser time, he would want to stick to that person.
e.g. when he's with MIL for the whole day, then when we are back, he wants us.
and if the whole day he is with us, then he wants MIL

sandy: fantastic leh, naomi gets to nap so much!
i want my han to sleep more, but he keeps wanting to play
and wow! naomi can recognise daddy from photos!

gamze/grace
yeah... before bb sleeps, i have already fallen alseep...haa... these few nites he has been waking up quite often...does your bb behaving the same too?? is it due to teething??

i'm so tired as i need to pat him back to sleep and i have to wake up for work at 4.30am!!! gosh!

Snow luplup, ur bb could be teething....my boy kept waking up every 30 mins with a shrill cry everytime he teeths. On advice of PD, the last 3 nights I give him paracetamol before he sleeps and he has been sleeping better. He can wake up, sit up then fall back to sleep himself which he has never done before! Maybe the medicine make him drowsy? But at least he doesn't scream in pain
happy.gif

iceblue
today start work at 6am...

oreodinary
wah take paracetamol for 3 nites? will it be harmful for his health? maybe i'll get teething gel to try out first...

snow luplup, PD say only 1 dose at night should be ok. during the day I don't give him. You can try teething gel first. I tried before but the effects wear out after 20 mins and was hard to put cos my boy refused to open his mouth for me to apply the gel properly. First time in 5 months I get to sleep properly....so happy
happy.gif
once his teeth break through i will stop giving.

oreodinary
thanks for the tips! yeah... will try teething gel first before bring him to PD... how many teeth does your bb has now?

my bb KO ... still sleeping .... think becos yesterday did not sleep much entire day n slept very late for many nites due to the noise polution so she 'overslept' :p

iceblue/sandy:
wahahahaa ... ok then. since that is the case, let me enjoy my toothless bb while the moment last!
happy.gif

(And can also siam - no need to spend time to brush teeth! hehehehhee!)

iceblue:
dun take it too personally. bb have moods one. sometimes they wan a particular person. at my mil's hse last nite, bb dun wan me until everyone's left/not available! so it's normal
happy.gif

sandy:
hahahaha ... u also ah? mummy means milk! :p

snow:
woah .. hope tat u can go back to singapore hour soon! This US hour is very tough. especially now we need to take care of bb

gamze:
wow ... that's bad! What floor were u on previously?
yeah I shld call up town council soon ... it has been for many nites already!
if ferberization method is too "strong", maybe u would like to try train bb to sleep on his own on bed first while u are staying beside him. Then slowly slowly let him fall asleep on his own without u carrying him around.

gracechua:
think u shld go onto another one. finally we can get to travel :p
woah .. bb Han's very fair! Give priority to the person who spend lesser time with him!

snow luplup, my boy has 4 upper and 2 lower

lonerunner, enjoy bb being toothless! my boy recently keeps biting me and his caregivers! when he gets excited he will just bite whoever's shoulder...very painful!

lonerunner
yeah manz...super tiring with the US hour...dunno if i will ever get back to SG timing though
sad.gif

oreodinary
wah... so fast so many teeth liao?? mine only has 2 lower...

haa same as mine...he doesn't really grab pple and bite...but when we ask him to sayang us, he will just grab your face close to him and start biting you....this is to show how he really sayang you :p

wah so many posts overnight!

DJ, really envy, enjoy ur hols!! Btw, my gal also likes HT brown rice cereal with steamed apples!! But she dont poo everyday leh.. so sad! she used to poo 2 to 3x daily before she started on solids but not anymore....

overload, my gal sleeps little at times also, some nights only 9+hr then nap abt 1.5hrs only... i'm also not happy when she sleeps so little. But days when she can sleep a lot, can be up to 13hrs. Think for now, our babies shld sleep 11-14hrs.

Gamze, my bb is also used to carrying to sleep but lately, she'll sometimes struggle in our arms and prefer to sleep on her bed. Yes letting bb cry is one method, really heartpain!! i tried before but really tough.

snow, when my bb was teething she woke up like every 1-2hrs in the night.

Oreo, my gal also sometimes just cry at night for nothing, she'll sit up and then lie back down again.. haha quite cute lor.. Think they'll probably practising these moves subconsciously while sleeping??!!

Gamze, my boy is used to latch to sleep so previously when he wakes at night I need to pick him up and latch him which is very tiring as he wakes up many times. I tried the crying out method for 1 week about 2 months ago but it didn't work and after hear him cry for a few minutes I cannot take it and give in.

But suddenly the last few days, his pattern changed. After latching, he will unlatch himself then sit up then lie down and just want me to hold him on the bed to sleep. So i lie down with him to sleep. I think as they grow older and become more aware of their surroundings, they become a bit less dependent on us as they want to do new things themselves...

Ginn, yes very cute...he do his "drunken" dance on the bed then fall sleep. our babies are amazing!

hi mummies

i know i have been missing some action for some days... pls forgive me for not posting for a long time now ...

the point is i cut my finger badly in the blender and i had to go to hospital..so am not able to type much now ...

things have been real tough off late...lots of problems ./....and thank god the baby is doing great !!

my hb is ill...my Mother in law has left back to our hometown so am handling all on my own

i am gonna take a break and will be back in jan for the forum...i sincerely hope that things get back to normal soon \

thanks a lot ...i have always come to tjhe forum for support ....i am handling a lot of issues currently and am quite depressed ...but cannot spend a long time at the forum..so i thought i will post a hi ..and then may be after a month i wil be a regular at the forum

hope this neew year brings happiness

sandy
how is naopmi ... how are u doing ?

iceblue, lonerunner, peachmomo, blueb, Dbaby, snow, ginn, grace

how are all of u and your babies ??????????

mummies

i will be beck in the forum in january greeting u all

till then

MEERY CHRISTMAS AND

HAPPY NEW YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I would like your ideas for my boy first birthday..for that i will discuss with you all duriung jan ..till then pls forgive my absence !

Morning mummies!

Ramy, do take care of yourself... if cannot type, just come in to read also good! i think we r now all sharing funny and happy stories, so who knows our posts might make you feel loads better? And dun keep to yourself ok.... let out ur unhappiness if any.... rem, a happy and healthy mummy, equals a happy and healthy baby!
happy.gif

So many posts hor, I also read until blur.....wahahaha....Grace, if you wanna come HCMC hor, I think best to leave Han in SGP... cuz the air here is very polluted, and its v dangerous t cross the roads... in fact I feel safer on the bike than on the roads walking...the traffic here is really "natural"... everyone just drive and behave according to their instincts.... haha... I was almost knocked down ytd and also our bike knocked into another bike that stopped suddenly in front of us...a few times I just look away or up to the skies or focus on my guide's helmet lor....wahahaha...

But hor, if you really keen, my guide told me we can do to this place called Dalat. Its like Genting and the air is fresh and place beautiful and scenic. HB and I plan to go theire next trip with BB and hopefully visit the Mekong Delta. But if Mer is going to turn out to be those kids that run amok everywhere then she will hv to stay home. I plan to ban her from entering Toysrus or any toystores until she no longer feel the need for toys too....WAHAHAHA.... *evil*

Ginn, my Mer sometimes also dun poo daily le.... becos her poo is solid now... comes out in strips like adults.... and so darn smelly!

Grace, I din find Korean boy costume ytd leh... then today my guide has to go to school so I m not going out, unless my HB's staff can find me another guide.... but wahahaha.... its such a darn long way to the market...ytd I was ill-prepared... only had a face-mask....then I got burnt...my hands and part of my face all red like shrimp....was looking forward to another biking day today with the proper gear lor... haha

I din manage to take more pics liaoz... cuz ytd went to more dangerous places, my guide kept asking me to hold on to my bag and we were approached by a few ppl on diff occassions.... my guide says they wanted money or wanted to bring us ard etc.... but hor, today if I manage to convince my hb... I will go to the local KTV here and also watch New Moon here...wahahaha.... movie tickets are about $2SGD nia.... LOL....

Ok, enuff of my ramblings... I also quite obsessed with making BB sleep and drink lor... if Mer dun sleep by 10pm latest I start to worry... also becos I m tired....hahaha... ever since I got preggers until now, I dun seem to be able to stay up late much...and if Mer dun finish her milk, I worry she is hungry n suffering...altho my PD says to keep to demand feeding becos she has good size....usually I will pretend to be asleep next to her so she will know its time to sleep... haha... then sometimes this v smart girl will try to dig my nose to see if I m really asleep.... SIGH...but so far ok la...unless teething by 10pm she is sleeping de....I think her clock more or less similar to overload's BB...

I'm back! Life with no msn is so different in office. Now am so close-knit with all my colleagues cos cannot chat with friends.. Haha!

Ramy,
Are you alright? Hope u will recover soon! Take care and hope u can breeze through whatever is ahead of you!

Ramy, take good care and "see" u soon again in the New Year!

DJ, oh i equate strip hard poo to constipation leh... no? Cos most times my gal's poo is paste like... hmm or am i worrying for nothing?
Mummies, how are ur babies poo like?

Hi PeachMomo,
haha.... for talking, maybe my bb is fast becos he kpo, can't wait to communicate with us.

Hi Grace,
haha, in starting, i do felt jeslous when bb learn to call papa 1st when i was the 1 spending most of the time with him. but it is okay, no matter bb call who 1st, is okay, after all both are his parent. nw whenever i dun carry him, he will call mama, make my heart melt, so no choice had to give in.

talking abt bb calling "ma ma", there was once when my bb was sitting on the floor playing with her toy w hb when she suddenly went off balance and knocked her head on the wall behind. it was a very slight knock but was enough to use it as an excuse to wail "ma ma! ma ma!" want me to comfort her. Dun wan daddy.
When I came into the room to see wat happened, daddy hurriedly explained to me that it was an accident. slight knock only n not becos he din watch bb carefully. Assured, I nodded my head in response and walked passed bb to close the windows behind (we were preparing to go out).
After I walked pass, bb was so stunned that I did not sayang her that she forgot to cry .. just looked at me with her mouth wide opened in shock! After a few seconds, then she remembered to continue her act! :p hahaahaha!
Bay tahan. So young already knows how to seek attention liao. Maybe this is their full time job so tats why bb are good at this :p

bb's poo:
my bb's also strip poo and paste like. shld be ok as long as not hard
happy.gif

Ramy:
take care n see u next year!

DJmama:
haaaa .. u made me feel like getting into one of those bikes and ride on it now!! Sounds real exciting! Cool!!!
happy.gif

oreodinary
bb got many teeth liao?? nice!
happy.gif
yeah I will enjoy having a toothless bb. must mind my shoulder once a tooth is out! :p

overload:
just yesterday her little tooth is showing a bit already..that's why she was so cranky and cry baby for 2 days now. maybe very painful. but me very happy coz i've been waiting for that tooth since she was 6 months old! hahaha! yes, cas is quite fast on mobility but slow on the teeth stuffs...so the pd might be correct
happy.gif

this morning really heartpain to leave cas...she was clinging to me so thightly and won't let go! and then when i gave her to the maid, she cried so loudly with tears streaming from both eyes! makes me want to stay at home and cuddle with her
sad.gif
can't wait to go home later and celebrate her 10th month! woohoo!!
happy.gif

ok think i worry too much abt her poo! haha.. i'm constantly thinking of making sure her diet wont cause her constipation lor...

haha lonerunner, my gal also sometimes slight knock only then she'll do the cham cry which we know it's not painful, cos if it's painful, she'll do super loud cry haha...

mummies,

been really long long since i haf posted.. i think since the gathering ba.. hahah =)
been really busy with the life of SAHM. only when BB is asleep and i can so-called take a break from the cookings, hse chores then i can come in to take a peep.. on lucky days like today, mum came over and bring BB for a walk, i can take a bit of time to broswe thru and post something...

teething
saw many of the BB during the gathering with teeh liao.. and then see tt some BB are starting to teeth... and i saw my fren's 6 month old BB with 2 teeth.. oh my, so jealous.. been waiting for her tooth to come out since she is 6 months old.. 4 months passed and no actions!!! =( gonna be a long wait...

poo
notice tt u all talkin abt it in the recent posts.. my gal also haf strip like poo.. sometimes flat cos she sat on her poo after poo-ing.. hahaa.. but its a bit semi-dry but nt as in dry... so i am still ok with it.. but lately been lazy n stopped givin her daily feedin of fruits puree.. only supplement with BB yougurt. oh ya, i bought 1 for 1 (meaning 8 tubs) for the price of 1 frm Cold Storage.. havin some promo...

til then, see ya again

mibebe,
my bb also cried every morning when I pass him to the caregiver. Heartpain to see him cry so hard. and come to 8pm if I am still not home he will call out 'ma ma ma ma' and nothing can comfort him.

Seems like lonerunner and grace have no prob with leaving their babies to caregiver. is it bcos my bb is not adaptable to changes or it's just a passing phase?

SimZ:
before today i got no prob passing her to the caregiver...will only fuss for a bit but not really cry. but today, super cry out loud that's why heartpain
sad.gif
maybe coz she's teething and she wants mummy to comfort her...or maybe it's a phase...lets see
happy.gif

beef:
what part of beef do u all give ur baby?

mommies,

now its the age when our babies developed separation anxiety thats why they are behaving like this. its peak age for this is 18 mths so this is just the beginning
happy.gif

The Simz,
I miss you.. Cannot catch you on MSN leh so have to talk to you here i guess... Hehe..
Its good that your bb sticks to you mah, rather den dun wan you to carry at all.. My gal will always cries when she see me leaving the house..

princessdella,
yes yes! Miss u mummies so much. Guess I have to follow the steps of happy so that I can still be in touch with all of u. But then again, to be able to connect to you mummies in this virtual world will very much depend on any kind souls that allow me to tag on their network via my hp. Poor me..

So I assumed all babies at this age are like that? Cos when grace shared that han don't wanna go home from his infant care and lonerunner said that her bb don't want her to carry, I thought my bb really dislike my caregiver that's why he's crying so hard. Haha.. Silly me!!! Should have thought of it's separation anxiety!

Sandy,
This is only the beginning? Goodness! 9 more months to go.. Having to go through these few weeks already made me ponder should I stay at home to be with him.

Mibebe:
Congrats on d teeth!!! When I first saw her teeth i was jumping up and down and email my hb straight away... hahaha

Re: pull up pants...
I use Mamypoko ones and can last thru d nite le.. Never tried other brands yet. I usually change it straight away when she woke me up in d morn...

Sandy & Princessdella:
happy.gif
I think u guys r one of those blessed ones. cos baby has teeth n mobile at d same time. D rest of us (well, me
happy.gif
hehe) would like to think baby is slow in teething but fast in other area cos u know... i am worried ma...
happy.gif
hahahahaha... but ho tell u d truth my baby is not fast in mobility too... but she is good in association/communication. I just have to keep on reminding myself... Babies develop at their own pace... hahahaha easier said than done ho???

lonerunner / iceblue: i hope he will continue to stay fair...
when my SIL is back from work, he also wants her to carry.
then at least we not so siong.
happy.gif

and hor, he likes the passing game.
he likes to ask different people to carry like passing the parcel like that....

DJ: dalat... haha... i think i better stick to genting.
then i can get to try my luck to see if i can be SAHM.
happy.gif

aiyo, only if convenient then get the costume lah.
wow $2 for a movie!!! so u doing movie marathon?

the simz: u can try skype, yahoo chat or google chat. alternatively sign up some data plan. :p
i'm skyping with my bro (he prefers to skype and i anything also can) and some friends without msn.
haha... everytime i log on, i will on msn, skype, gmail chat, yahoo... no wonder my laptop keeps hanging. :p
no lah, i also have problem when we pass him to caregiver, he will cry / cranky when we pass him to the infantcare teacher.
but we give him pacifier and when he is in and saw his friends, he is ok liao.

ramy: logon to read the thread lah. it's interesting to read the postings.
sometime i v busy, also read nia.

ginn: my bb had constipation the other time. he was crying so loud when he poo.
looking at me helplessly and trying to force the shit out.
heartache.
sad.gif
then still observe blood in his poo.
we brought him to see doc. advise then is give more water, can dilute the milk a bit.
but the poo wasnt too hard, so the doc din give stool softener

overload: actually i would rather bb's slow in having teeth.
that would mean i dont have to clean his teeth so soon! :p
haha... i am plain lazy! :D

DJMAMA:
I really cant stop laughing.... from Mer's fight in NTUC n gerber puffs to her digging ur nose... HAHAHAHA SO SMART!!!!
If i pretend to sleep, my daughter do not care. She'll climb up on me to get to the other side... which is d edge of d bed oredi. Then I have to "wake up" and warn her... pain...

OH ON D HAPPY NOTE: I just taught her sign language "pain" after being encouraged by a relative i met recently. Just before she slept just now, she managed to show me d correct sign when i said "pain" out loud (she bite my nipples, thanks for d teeth, santa)...

This is my first time sign language experience... and d only word i taught her... WOAH so happy lo!!!!
happy.gif
any mommies here teach sign language??? I would like to learn more tricks

Ramy:
I am so sorry on ur finger. Just to let u know (altho might be severely unrelated) I also at times feel depressed. I must confess I cried yesterday after woken up by baby. I expected her to nap for 2hrs, she did not.... My tears just flowed uncontrolable... so frustated to repeat d process... u know?

Later, I think it's silly, but still AT TIMES it does make me crazy n cranky... my husband consolled me just now... he said "mommy sacrifice for baby and baby sacrifice HER sleeping time so that she can play longer with mommy" huahahahhahah if i think like that i become so happy...

anyway take care n come back soon...
happy.gif

Dear Mommies,

Wah, there's really a lot to digest! Maybe just to share some info of my experience and to ask advice for others:

Pull-ups - I tried Drypers, Huggies and Mamy Poko, Mamy Poko is better, can take quite a number of wettings and so far safe, but I only buy when there is discount, coz very ex. Huggies is bad - ex but not absorbent at all! I regretted spending $140+ at Baby fair (Sept, buying Huggies to get the Little Tikes toys (Free with purchase), my boy din really like the toys, will just put them into his mouth. And even the normal Huggies are super ex!

My boy also sometimes wets himself, think coz of the flipping, mud-crawl (for him), jumping etc, the diapers always move out of position.

DJ Mama, thanks for the advice for apples. I will try it.

A bad news - my boy fell from my bed yesterday morning! But there was no sound and he din cry and there was no fall marks! I am angry with myself for going out for meeting in school, although the work week is over, and he fell right after I left! The maid was making milk and put him on the bed with pillows and bolster, and she said she turned every sec (not sure true or not)
to check on him and suddenly, he just fell!

Some more, she just gave him the milk (ard 230ml) and he finished it all and slept after that! I din bring him to see PD yet, coz tomorr bringing him for 2nd dose of Pneumoccal jab. HB and MIL said no need to go PD 1st, ask me to observe him 1st. My MIL nowadays always on phone, endless calls, everything leave to my maid, so angry!

Sleeping - my boy sleep at ard 8plus at nite, last feed ard 11plus or 12am, then ard 5.30 - 6am (if feed earlier, then he will cry for milk earlier), drink then sleep until ard 7.30 or 8plus, sometimes even 9am, then shower, feed again ard 10am, then nap for an hour or more, around 12 or 1pm, lunch - porridge, then 3pm plus, nap, till 5, sometimes earlier, then dinner at ard 6plus.
But this feeding pattern will change when he has injection or sick.

So far, he still needs sarong to sleep, at nite, I am trying to get him to sleep in his playpen, anyone has any tips? He always cries after 2- 3 hrs in playpen as he will wake up sweating (whole shirt wet), then change him, but he will need the sarong again. He sleeps with his pacifier, we shake him in sarong until he sleeps.

Hihi,
wa.. so many posts and i really got no time to catch up. Bb sick 2wks ago, then bz at work, then this wk I myself MC. then wkend liao. again no time for internet.

Caleb just reached 10mths. 2 mths to 1st birthday. No plans yet. Most likely, doing the "usuals" though hoping to do sth really meaningful and fun. Christmas month too. Lotsa church events also.

Ohyes, Caleb perspire easily. Smells by evening. Then together with his drool, and "coat" himself with his own sweat + drool especially when he crawl on the floor. THen he get this little dots and red patchs on his back and arms and side of his face. I think is heat rash. Been very busy wiping him. But really tedious, cos after 5min, he's wet & sticky again, cos there's no moment of rest - bo si diam... I m applying Dr Lily's aloe vera gel and putting powder on him. hope it helps...

Oh no 1am! Tmlo another bz day at work again.. good nite all...

Back