(2009/02) February 2009 MTBs

gdluckbaby
eh.. y u always change nick har? very confusing leh :p

Avent only got 2 types of teats.

lumpy? did u not mix the FM properly or was it that she is sucking too hard & slow till FM turns cold? if too lumpy, perhaps not so much powder? else i am afraid your gal might not be getting sufficient nutrients. for all we know, she might be just drinking milk water?

If u find her drinking too fast with the new upgraded teat, give her time to rest & swallow her milk before continuing. Looking after babies require alot of "trials & errors". we just have be attentive & observe their behaviors & be on right track immediately
happy.gif

Most importantly, am glad that u are a happy mummy. take things easily. with a calm mind, u will think better
happy.gif

cheers!

gdluckbaby
i just checked AVENT teat flow rate guide. here's the info for your reference.

Extra Soft Silicone Teat
-----------------------------------
Newborn Flow w 1 hole- 0m+, is ideal for newborns & breastfed babies of all ages.

Slow Flow w 2 holes - 1m+ is ideal for newborns & breastfed babies of all ages.

Medium Flow w 3 holes - 3m+ for bottle fed babies at 3 month of age and up.

Fast Flow w 4 holes - 6m+ offers a faster flow for older babies.

Slot Cut Silicone Teat
-------------------------------
Variable Flow w 1 slot - 3m+, provides an extra flow & accommodates thicker liquids. Flow rate can be varied by turning the bottle to align the I, II or III markingd on the teat with baby's nose.

NAN 1 900g
Mummies meeting up for gathering, i have a NAN 1 900g to let go. not open yet. bought to standby but not need... bought at NTUC, $32.80, selling $28. anyone?

SMS me @ 8322 0404... w/ nick yah :p

Yaer,

AVIVA My Shield rider only covers co-insurance? What about the deductibles?

Both parents have to buy high end plan so then the kids will be free but it only covers up to Gov A Ward right?

vivien
u can choose neo garden as your buffet caterer. U wont go wrong with it. If u want cheaper range, YLS is other choice. If u are okay with higher range, mum's kitchen is good. fourseason depends on menu. Some menu not nice.

Lemont
sorry miss out your question on insurance. Later i go see the policy n update u k?

lemont
the one i bought is total shield for my son. it is a hospitalization plan. u can see the introduction here : http://www.lifeisgreat.com.sg/en/jsp/products/products/protection/totalshield.jsp

wat i like is... there is a discount if both parent n child bought it. only thing not so good is.. the lower plan not really suitable if u like to choose private hospital. For me, i prefer private, so i went for the highest level plan which pay out per charge. And according to my friend, GE pays out more for congenital disease which seems to be the talk in insurance right now.

kkf
my son every night cries and drink milk at the same time. The last feed normally is FM, always end up on my breast. He refuses to suckle from bottle when he is too tired and sometimes cos of wind in the stomach. If got wind, my nipples suffer. He always pulls away when he is pushing the air in his tummy.

shiryln
the thing is... my hubby is with me. He is carrying my baby while i am with my older son. I guess i am very pressured with pple looking at my baby with tat kind of look : why u bring such a young baby out kind. my hubby commented i ought to learn from mummyo to ignore them or to say "none of your business" so with the pressure n my son kept playing with the utensils n those plates, i couldnt control myself.

Hi Feb Mummies,

I am a July Mum-to be. I would like to ask if anyone has engaged PEM Confinement Nanny Agency and used any of their CLs whom you would like to recommend?

Like to get some names of the recommended ones so that I can provide to the agency.

Thanks a lot!

joannelim

my bb start going out on day 5 , and she is veri tiny at time, subsequent on wk 5 .. even though she is veri small cos she born at wk 36 plus at 2.455kg

Dear mothers or mothers-to-be, if you are looking for an experienced nanny, feel free to contact my mom by sending me a personal message.

My mom has a lot of experience taking care of children as well as newborn. willing to take care for day and night.

joannelim:
cord powder? hmmm ... will get it and try it out. Thanks!
U take care. Not easy not to lose temper but as shirlyn said, dun get yourself too worked up. Having fainting spell is no good. You duno what you'll hit.
Dun think I'll bring bb out before her 1st vaccination, just to play safe lah. I still want my 3hr max scheduled sleep nitely! HAHAHAHAHAAA!

kkf:
my bb has been drinking like 50ml for past 2 days every 2-3hr too. Then sometimes another 30ml within the next hour of the feed. Bb kept falling asleep and refuse milk. I wonder why this is so too. getting worried.
my body also like not recovered fully after delivery leh. no appitite to eat much food. not enough rest and too many things to do. jialak.

vivien:
I had booked my buffet with Mum's kichen, International Buffet. Their laksa is quite good. The beef so-so only. The only thing I dun like abt them is that they wan to charge me 70cents per stool when it was just 50cents just a year ago for the same thing. On top of it they wanted to charge me an additional $50 for a non existance service for stools rental. Service attitude is like take-it-or-leave-it type.

Joannelim
thank u for the GE link. i m in a dilemmna. my cousin is w AIA & since GE is good.. dunno whether to support my cousin or ... anyway, nobody want to utilise the benefits too yah.

tired body:
agree that have been feeling tired all the time after delivery. physically and emotionally.
Alwaz feel v stressed up. And becoz alwaz need to bend down to carry bb, bathe bb, change bb, feed bb, my back is feeling the strain now.

just bought the sarong... really give in to anything to help relieve ourselves to make our life and my bb's life easier. i hope my boy will enjoy the sarong and cry lesser and carry lesser.
1 little fellow, but his things are filling up the whole house liao!!

catmomo,
i agreed one little fellow.. but my whole house is filled with his stuffs.. sarong,stroller,bouncer,playpen,playmat... lolz... and more to come.. with walker and many toys when he is older..

lonerunner
haha... bo lui leh :p

catmomo
My back are aching too due to all the bending & housework. thats y everynight, i request my hubby to "crack" my back, from shoulder to waist, everynight, alot of sound, my hubby say screw loose aldy.. :p

i agreed w u... mine too... whole house filled w baby's stuffs too! haha...

lemont,catmomo:me also backaches.. n u knw the area wher our bra goes arnd our body, at the back of tt area i fel pain too..102day b4 i deliver tt part also pain..tght wif my lower back

juz caught a flu... but ate medicine to suppress it and getting better. Hubby kena also. very scared bb will get it. Think the weather is really bad. Past few days so warm, today rain so heavily.

haha lemonT jus call me iceblue wil do..same nick..keke i hand itchy mah.

lump cos of tt stupid friso comfort lor..hard to mix. mus hav the rite temp once cool dwn liao wil start lumpy. PD gt tel us prepare a bowl of hot water during the feed..but if we r outside vry dif.. smtims if at hm alone also hard. cos prepare the water early..later cold liao also no use.

lonerunner
i had also engaged mum's kitchen but dont remem paying the additional $50. yea, paid for the rental of stools. not sure abt their svs coz hubby was the one liasing with them.

i love their mee siam (well-liked by my guests too). got the 1st month package but changed some of the dishes.

catmomo, take care.. drink more water and take vitamin C.. hee..

mum kitchen,
i love there meesiam and laksa.. i nv face any problem with their service...

frequent feeding
i find myself bottle feeding my baby frequently in the evening. it is like 70ml every hour. sometimes he cant finish the amt in the bottle, i leave in warmer and he would continue after a while. i can repeat this until 11pm.

night time is still the same - latch on with 3 hrs interval.

do you think this is growth spurt?

** last night, he continued the drinking non-stop till 3am. slept while i burped and once i lay him on bed, he cried. was so tired and i think i just left him to sleep on his own (succumbed to tiredness and could not remember after that) i only remembered waking up at 6 plus to feed him. feel guilty this morning for ignoring his cries. :p

Gathering @ JP
Mommies who are nursing, there are nursing rooms with water dispensers, so not to worry.

Anyone need to try out slings?
I have a balboa, pouch and MIM adjustable.

Oh yea, any babies here drinking Friso for newborns? I bought when I just gave birth - for emergency use. It is unopened and intact.
happy.gif

qingsiew:
weight is oso of concern to me, cos my gal @ 10 weeks tomolo only slightly above 4 kg... in comparison, ur gal is actually doing quite well now...

loneruuner:
if u need e powder and stay in e east, can come get e powder from me... it was prescribed by pd too, no need waste money...

qingsiew:
she was 2.75kg... 2.5kg on discharge and only 2.8kg @ 3 weeks! cos her mummy too adamant on giving breast milk... but at least now she's putting on weight gradually, abt 200g per week... but unlikely to double her birth weight by e end of e 3rd mth...

Mommies, pls go ahead and go to the restaurant first, i will prob meet at the place u gals gg. 1130am might be a bit rush, depends wat time my bb wakes up.. hehe...

RE: West side gathering

Time : 11.30am
Venue : 1st entrance of Jurong Point new wing (Joanne, pls let us know the shop at the entrance so that we will not be waiting at the wrong entrance)
Cavana Chicken & Old Chang Kee

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim - ok
3) saro - ok but will prob be late...
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
7) samantha - pls confirm
8) icc - ok
9) qingsiew - ok
10) LeMonT - tbc
11) shirlyn - ok w/o bb

Hey ladies, anyone who's breastfeeding went to dye/perm/rebond hair already?
Im going to dye my hair tonight.. but still quite scared abt it. he he... and since my milk not that much... only sufficient to feed my son meal by meal, i cant really pump and throw leh.

hi mummies
tmr who shld be t centralised contact person if we late or can I meet u all @ swensen as i will be late i scare. do we need 2 make reservation since a big group?
i suggested we hv a exchange of bb stuffs we dont need n we can among ourselves exchange/sell..

i wan to get another sling... anybody give up and wan to sell to me.. haha... my boy shh shh on to my sling.. and the powerful urine discoloured the sling.. now my green sling ahve patches of yellow.. so siazn

I will be smsing you all my # later, we will proceed to restaurent by 11.40am. Those who are late, I will sms you the restaurent once we settle.

Shirlyn, have pmed you my hp# as I cannot find your contact # in whitegalz list.

West side gathering

Time : 11.30am
Venue : 1st entrance of Jurong Point new wing near Cavana Chicken & Old Chang Kee

1) spicegal - OK
2) joannelim - ok
3) saro - ok but will prob be late...
4) webtobe -ok w/o bb
5) mrslim - ok
6) djmama - ok
7) samantha - pls confirm
8) icc - ok
9) qingsiew - ok
10) LeMonT - tbc
11) shirlyn - ok w/o bb

Crying before sleeping
---------------------------
these 2 weeks, my boy has new pattern. He must cry before sleeping in the day time!!
sad.gif
sometimes is really wail, then very hard to console n will stop only when he is ready to fall asleep... Anyone exp this too?

Nappy rash
----------------
my boy had nappy rash for quiteva few days aldy. Very difficult to heal leh. N he poos so often tat must keep changg diaper, yet smtimes can't change cos will disrupt his sleep... Very mao dun

peachmomo, i would prefer MIM or balboa sling.. as the shoulder piece is padded.. the one in this BP is not and for that price i prefer balboa sling.. more stylish.. hee... anyway me not in hurry to get one.. as i got my balboa sling..

was busy these few days..

lemonT - I dont mind western chow, can ask the other mummies who are going.. But i dont take lamb de..

peachmomo, i going rebond hair tmr leh cos starting work on wednesday liao.. It is fine to rebond and color hair..

ya shirlyn, i didnt receive ur email on contact number.. i consolidated a list of those who sent me and i have sent it out already.. those who are interested, pls email me ur nick, real name, hp number and email (msn)

got some things to share, shangrila promotion.. if u bring ur 100yr grandma there to celebrate bdae, it will be 100% free for all!!! Hehe

http://www.slsrewards.com.sg/promotions/en/index.aspx

mrslim:
so e sling tat got discoloured is e balboa sling? eh, i'm waiting for mine... so must be careful, make sure e diaper doesn't leak?

blueb, why not use nappy clothes.. can air your bb buttock for a few days.. will be better.. or u tried using huggies ultra, its said to be clinically proven to prevent nappy rash.. but dunno how true issit.. but my boy been using it since birth and had no such problem (but i'm change every 4 hours).. tried other brand i dun really like except pampers (which is too ex)..

no lah the one discoloured is the MIM one.. so far haven't use the balboa sling.. cos the material abit thick.. i afraid bb will be very hot inside.. maybe tml i try to use it.. see bb will complain or not.. haha

which design u got for your sling.. mine is geisha trim.. when washing pls take note to use cold water...i dunno just adk my maid wash.. and colour run.. so the white part of sling abit grey grey liao.. sad...

i bought blossom trimmed... it's much easier to use than mim rite? when i used e mim, e baby head like not very well supported... but weird thing is, my gal can sleep like tat!

Back