(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

jlow,
my MIL different, if i say same as daddy, she always say "no lah, my kid not like tat 1". she dun know the art of 'keep her mouth shut'.
 


hello mommies...

thks for ur comments abt Jordan's nanny...the fact is both my hubby and i like her maid who dotes on Jordan alot (she is a single 40+ philipino lady), even though we dun like the nanny herself....but i noticed that Jordan does sleep better in sarong...how ar?

chantelle, to asnwer ur qns...actually before i started work i used to leave jordan there for a few times when i wanted to hv some private time with hubby..u know how crazy it is to take care of a crying baby who wants your accommpany all the time...so their hse is not a new place to him, n he seems OK - happy there lor...At night does he fuss alot? Hmm...Jordan has been waking up 4-5 times every night even before i put him there...but he wakes up mostly becos his pacifier drops out..

I know this nanny seems uncontrollable but we really like their maid le...i told my hubby i dun wan maid at hm but if its the maid i seriously dun mind...i know this maid will truely truely love Jordan...

n_g, fabbie, jowin, christine, xuelyn, ypg, merydith...thks....Will talk to my hubby abt sourcing another nanny or IFC...
 
fabbie,
I only got upgraded to cup B becos of this pregnancy, haha. I used to be cup A leh, and all along i dun need to choose bra size one, just grab the smallest size. Even so, still very loose and empty inside, keke...

Hence i have to pump 5 times cos i don't think my breast can hold 1100-1200ml of breastmilk if i will to only pump two times daily *blush*
 
sam,

Heinz dun have a booth at Motherhood fair at all. So dun think u want to go there all the way to get.

rachel,

think cant transfer maid like this unless this maid of ur nanny dun owe the agency anymore $.

I always feel that I am at the mercy of my nanny. She quite serious case. Can go sleeping while her maid take care of my bb. In fact my bb seems to be taken care by her maid more than her.

For infantcare, I worry about my bb health cause it seems that many bb fall sick after going to infantcare. Hear too much stories on that.

So only choice for me is to get a maid. Also can do housework which I loathe alot.

U got to put all these factors into consideration. Also, if u intend to have more than 1 child, I think maid will be better unless u intend to be SAHM.
 
hi fabbie
wah.. u pump 2 times, each time still 3 bottles?

I pump 3 times.. each time yield between 300ml to 350ml..8hrs interval..already cut down on supply..
 
kath
do you want to come with us tomorrow? if you are coming then can you bring my ON stuff?
happy.gif
 
Kath,
I got philip 2-in-1 blender. can be use as food processor n blender. got it fr the philip warehse sale at $50. think outside selling ard $80. u can look out for it.

Purree,
today is puree making day for me. I made pumpkin, carrots, apples and pear puree using the pigeon baby food maker. its super manual lor. but the results are satisying when summer finish the big bowl of pumpkin purree which i spent 30 mins making... hee

EXPO meet-up:
See u gals tml at 2pm. I onli haf fabbie n iemiko's contact.
 
Xuelyn !!!

wow! You're super solid ! Pureeing all those fruits and veggies for your girl !!

Ypg,

ya if they're not there .. then no point going for me. Any other brands of baby jar food that you remember seeing that having offer? Gerber? or any of the organic ones?
 
xuelyn,

Agree with sam that u r super solid to prepare all puree manually. But hor, why u never use ur philip 2-in-1 blender? Hehe...

sam,

Got Gerber brand but my gal dun like. She onli like Heinz brand. I saw something like organic substances n got carrots, brocolli stand-up poster in a booth but when I take a close look, seem to be organics shampoo, face wash, etc. Din seem to see organics food. Maybe I not too interested in organic stuffs so never take close look. Maybe those mummies who are going can look closely for u lor.

EXPO meet-up: Enjoy ur outing, hehe... I always feel that shopping with gal friends is a different experience from shopping alone so perhaps u ladies will find this motherhood fair much more things to buy than I do.

iemiko,

Since u r at expo today, will u be at Tampines place tonight? Thought of collecting my milk powder from u. My milk is running low at home. Thanks.
 
hi ypg..
just saw ur post.. Ya.. the motherhood fair seem more for MTB.

Its the thought of meeting up the gals which tempted me to go more than the fair.. but i have to pump at 2pm....plus i m excited to feed my gal with solid today.. haha!!

so have to meet them another time.
 
morning ladies

ypg
i wun b at tampines tonite. gg to barney show wif my bois at nite. i will onli b in tampines on sun. pls sms mi to arrange as i may not check forum or email as i most likely will b out todae n tmr.

jowin
like nothing much to buy at bb fair. hehe. tink i will spend more at JL sale instead. =p
 
morning!

went to the fair yst. nothing much to buy. only bought 3 jars of apple prunes ($5) and 2 bottles of puffy star biscuits ($10) from nestle.

the pendant teether from Pupsik Studio is $32.
 
echo, will not be going to the fair since no Heinz booth. Like Sam, i m onie interested in Heinz organic.. keke. Tonite will go Cold Storage to buy then.

xuelyn, so the handheld blender is good? Wanna buy something compact rather than those blenders - my kitchen cabinet all full liao..

I will onie start puree-ing vege for Zach next week onwards.. will still want him to hv plain rice cereal first..
 
morning gals,
arghh... it's been a super fire-fighting work week!! SIAN

ng,
ur boy is sooo cute, can go pull off e doc's mask! my boy scaredy cat one .. see doc in mask cry, doc shine light in his mouth cry, even e jumperoo music (with elephant/monkey sounds) also cry!! LOL

fabbie,
woah, at ur prime u can feed tripets leh! maybe even quadrets? keke.. erm, juz curious.. ur bust size increase alot during preggie? coz heard if no or little increase, then mummy will have little milk.. so far e theory has been true amongst me & my frens.. sob

rachel,
dunno abt e farlin one, using braun nw. it's good, v fast in reading.. u may wanna consider

re: shopping
lotsa sales now hor.. me just spent loads at the club21 sale. next mon got nine west sale too! pocket big big hole liao..

re: solids
jowin, have fun feeding ash today! gonna be messy messy but v fun.. keke. anyway, my boy dun like e Happy Belly cereals leh. MIL says he puked it all out =( will try to mix with pumpkin or somethg tom see hw.. if still dun like, then my 2 tins wasted liao
 
Morning mommies...

ypg... do u remember if there's Gaia & Mustela? thanks!

let my ger try pear puree yesterday & she dun like, think because its the first time she tried something that's sourish, so she kept making funnie faces... think she takes after me, dun like sourish stuff, in the end, i finish the puree for her... yum yum... its nice... hahaha...
 
n_g
i make the puree seperately, n store in freezer

ypg,
I din use the blender cos the roots got fibre inside, w the pigeon fd maker, can use the strainer to seperate the fibre fr puree. If i use the blender it will be mixed inside. mayb i'm paraniod.. scare she take too much fibre will loa sia.. ha ha.

btw, i noted that the big bowl of pumpkin puree not filling one, cos 1 hr lata she cry for milk n finish 4oz/160ml.
 
Kath,
to be honest i haven start using it. but it fulfils my requirement of being fd processor n blender, cos i scare fd processor cannot blend evenly.

jowin,
haf fun feeding ashlynne her first solids today!! I'm sure she'll love it
happy.gif
 
Jlow,
How's ur boi boi? OK?

I rather not ikan bilis cos it's usually salted (premium or not). Will try fish n pork/porkribs with porridge instead...
happy.gif


winnie,
^5. I think she likes bottle LOTS! During my confinement, she hear my CL voice, she dun wanna latch. Cos she think CL = bottle coming!

ikeke,
thanks for reminding me... I stored yesterday's milk. this weekend can bathe my ger in it. *HAHA*

Merydith,
I rather be latching my ger. Saves me the trouble of pumping, washing, sterilising... But I think if latch, more difficult to train the night feed portion esp if u put the bb to sleep next to u. They can actually look for ur breast in the dark!!!

bur,
actually u can try adding rice cereal to the pear puree. Think they'll like it... I read in 2nd baby's blog n Gina Ford book tat usually bbs dun like plain pear puree. But are ok if mix with rice cereal...
happy.gif
 
echt,
heeheehee... i found tat my boy pay more attention to red, black color things. when bring him out to shopping, he will smile happily when saw black black indian guy/ger.
happy.gif
so coincident when go polyclinic normally saw indian doctor. so he happy happy lo. :D

xuelyn,
can keep in freezer for how long? thanks.
happy.gif


snowger,
must b super fun to bath ur baby in milk. somemore breastmilk leh. not everywhere hav tis type of service 1 oh. must take lots of photo to share share.
happy.gif

hav fun! :D

cereal - i start my boy on Nestle rice cereal since wednesday night cos try oncs si sen fen but he seem dun like it. thinking of switch to rice cereal for few days then try again si sen fen.
happy.gif

my boy seem like rice cereal very much. 1st day ok. can taste some. yesterday is 2nd day, he even fight for the spoon n grab my hand (with spoon), n put the spoon into his own mouth! so amazing! plan to prepare other food for him. probably fish porridge? but jialat leh, wanna giv him fresh food. past 2 day only feed him 2~3 spoon of rice cereal + milk n 20 minutes after cereal let him hav 140ml milk. how to blend such small qty food in blender huh?
 
bur
so yday your msn.. did someone record our msn messages? lol

littlerabbit
alamak. im in hougang le.. sorry and jurong is all my stocks that i put in..

echt
ya mine got increase.. when im preg.. then after preg.. got increase. i felt is 2 times big total wor. especially it engogore lor. its super big. big till my hub prefer small one now. LOL
 
hi mummies,
i juz started rice cereal for Daniell this morning, & he can finish one big tbsp already...
btw, need to ask u all some questions, sorry ya if u've answered e question b4...

1. at e beginning, do u feed ur bb once in a day only or twice?
2. when do u start letting ur bb try puree? 1 week after plain rice cereal or?

n_g,
my boy also grabbed the spoon each time i put it nearer to his mouth, and i got to fight it back... quite fun hor!

baby fair,
is there any booth selling goat milk? anyone seen it?
 
Mommies..i'll see some of you later at Expo!
happy.gif
I'm going...so excited to see those who are going.

Rachel & Chantelle: Sorry for late reply. Maybe you wanna try letting your bb sleep on their tummies. Preston used to "jerk" & get scared easily too. A bit of sound/noise also scared him! Then he started to sleep on his tum (after he learnt how to flip) & now we no longer have this problem.
 
jess,

1. Feed once a day first until the cereal can replace 1 feed of milk then onie start on feeding 2x a day
2. Actually 3days after u start rice cereal u can start wif puree, but Zach started on cereal for 3 weeks but i hv yet to intro puree. He's beginning to dislike rice cereal alr..cant even finish 7 teaspoon..used to finish them very fast
 
Hello everyone!

Jo: I prefer Japanese food prdts, somehow feel its more hygenic. I am not sure about the price, maybe you can check out Taka supermarket as well.

Jlow: Mediya is at Liang Court.

Rachel: Here is the Mama Love walker that i am giving away. Its in good working condition. Let me know if keen.



2533200.jpg
 
bur,

got Mustela but cant remember seeing Gaia.

xuelyn,

Sound tiring to do it manually. We cook the pumpkin together with the porridge so save alot of time n energy. We leave our energy to feed her. Haha...

Ladies going to expo: Enjoy ur outing!
 
ypg,

lol .. ya I think manual pureeing sounds tedious. I am a horrible, lazy mummy .. From my 1st to my 4th kid, I just buy all the Heinz jar food. Now that they have the organic version for Heinz .. I'm using that instead.

But yes, I take my hats off to you mummies for pureeing actual fruit/veggies !! .. I don't have that kind of patience. lol.
 
n_g,
2nd baby oso bathed her baby ger in breastmilk recently... :p I will get my inspiration from her on how to heat up the milk for pong pong... *keke*

winnie,
Yes, it's instant. U need to add either warm water or warmed milk (depending on the rice cereal is already with milk or plain).

Sam,
I derive a lot of fun puree-ing the food using the metal seive. But seriously, if I have another kid (not to say 3) in tow, I will just be too sian to do it!

ypg,
I am not too keen in cooking the pumpkin/other food in the porridge we eat then puree for her cos scared the rice got wheat inside? Wheat can cause allergy leh... Tat's why I am diligently preparing the puree for my hb to bring to my IL's to feed my ger (instead of letting my MIL do it).
 
snowger, eventually ur ger ger will eat porridge as well mah.. guess wat ypg meant is to add pumpkin or carrot or potato into the porridge and then blend together - usually will be when bb is 8mth & above
 
zachmommy,
Ya. But I am saying now, my MIL is intending to "cook" the stuff in the porridge she cooks everyday. Then take out to puree for my ger to eat. Plus steaming is btr cos can keep nutrients more than cooking it in porridge.

If my ger takes porridge abv 8months, I am ok to let the pumpkin etc be cooked in the porridge lah.
 
hi Maureen & Kath
I fed Ashlynne with solid already.. haha.. consider a sucess as she seem to love it and can't wait for the next spoon.. n grabbed it to her mouth

But after sometime, the cereal turn abit cold, she slow down her pace and not so eager already...
sad.gif


My mum commented that i made the cereal too watery.. I put 1 tablespoon + 30ml of warm BM..

15mins after her solid, i feed her milk at 100ml.. i think too little.. she cry for more milk milk..
 
hi all.. wahhh super tired!!!!
today.. met phy, bur, pris, echo, little_rabbit, ivy, xuelyn, iemik0. thanks ah.. cus of you all i buy a pupsilk sling! faints. as they were saying. on the net selling 42 bucks. on expo they are selling at 38 bucks! And just got a free footprint for clarice. PHY did u collect hayden's print in the end?

went there nothing much got a free huggies bag nia. lol i think the JL sales is super sale lor! fox clothes are like 4 bucks. and some toyrs are like from 5bucks starting. hehe i still want to walk somemore.. but then i think im going crazy liao. so tired! hehe

bubblepearl buy for you the themometer liao.. 49 bucks.

btw nice meeting the mummies today! quite happening leh! lol..
 
babbiee...the pouch selling 45.90!!so save a lot...haha...thinking of getting another...really like it!!i am going back again to take my freebie...for the mag....they gave me the wrong one!!
 
sam,

If u r horrible, lazy mum who give jar food. Then wat am I? Super horrible, super lazy mum? Haha... Cause at least u got 4 darlings to take care so can be excused for using jar food. Me, onli 1 bb, still give jar food.

fabbie,

I got the pupsik pouch too. It is good for an idiot like me who cant handle bb and knot on the sling at the same time. I got the MIM sling but dunno how to use.

Agree with u tat JL sales is good.

Snowger,

Ur MIL no good!! How can conveniently cook ur darling vegetables together with wat we eat. Hehe... I got a steamer from last yr's Teachers Day lucky draw n hardly use. Cause my gal really love porridge more than any other food.

jowin,

Seems that ur bb love cereals too. Tat's great! My daughter will make noise if I am slow in feeding her. But now she super relaxed, watch TV or play with her ma sa (toy) while we feed her. Now she got side dish liao, my mum will steam egg yolk n feed her. She like that too.
 



Back
Top