(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Hi gals,
went for checkup yesterday. When i ask gynae can i induce (i am in wk 37) he say can ask me wan to check into hospitial yesterday nite. Then we decide to choose to induce on tue nite. Will go in TMC on tue 11pm. cos i wasnt prepared to go in yesterday nite. Hee hee

Did a VE check. baby already engaged and i was 2 to 3 cm dilated. Hope that i can have a sucessful induce on tue nite.

Izu, in my prev. preg, my gynae would induce me if i passed the "deadline" (1 day after my EDD) coz my placenta was starting to age..

however, i started to get into labor and alr dilated 3cm when i visited him on my last appt..
so, no need to induce..
happy.gif

perhaps what you can do is to try natural way to get yourself into labor..

yes, inducing is usually safe.. unless baby decide to stay up or cervix decide not to open, e-sec might be suggested (when baby start to distress)..

did gynae mention anything about failed induction? what would the alternative be? will it be e-sect?

is there any reason why your need to be induced?

SY..
i choose 4bedded.. and my fee is like 3k++++ mediasave 2k+++ so i have to pay about 1k+++

Haiz.. my below is still so pain! sighz.. i know where is pain liao. but i see everything is like normal leh. sighz.. its really so frustating till now havent recover!! my painkillers everything eat finish quite long liao.

phy..
bubblepearl deliver today?! tout she say she wants tomorrow. lolx. i guess her baby cannot wait.. hehehe

good luck today ya deliever!!! jia you!! ^___^ finally you can get the ball out. hahah

Jappoh
dun worry. you will have a safe and smooth delieverly =) dun scare.. jiayou!

Hi iemik0,

Thanks so much for your advise! I really needed it to calm my nerves down. I'm kinda disappointed that I have to go for c-sec. Doc says that the baby will be about 3.8-4kg when born, so safer to go the c-sec route. But I kinda feel robbed of the experience of labour and natural childbirth. Sigh! I guess, as long as baby is healthy and safe, that's what matters most!
happy.gif

Once again, thanks!

Hi fabbie,
thx. I hope this delivery will be a smooth one like my previous. I will try to walk more on tue so hope that it can dilated more when i am int here already so to shorten the labour.

Hi Sam,

Yeah...my baby's estimated birth weight will be 3.8kg to 4kg.

On last wednesday, the baby's weight is est to be about 3.6kg.

My tummy is soooo huge now...heavy like mad! Hope the baby can be a good boy and stay in there till Tuesday. As it is, I'm nervous enough! If I got to go for the emergency c-sec, I think I'll panic!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Congrats Bubblepearl!</font>

Phy and Jappooh, All the best!

Fabbie, the stitches there is painful? For me, it took 5 days to fully recover from the stitches below. Did yr gynae prescribe the spray type for the wound. I tot that is reali gd and speeds up the healing.

Angela, that's a huge bb.

well..i draft my birthstory 4 posting but duno how come did nt post up..anyway, my boi was 3.2kg n 49cm..want ask 4 epi but my cervix progress too fast..everything too fast..frm i feel contraction till i push..abt an hr.

hi folks,

my baby has popped. will update on the birthing story when have time..
please update for me .
S/N Name: do1phin
EDD : 15-dec
BB#: 1
Gynae: Dr Fong Yang
Hosp: Mt A
Stay: Telok Blangah
FTWM/SAHM: FTWM
Name: LYJ
DOB : 03/12/2008
Weight:2.985kg
Delivery Mode: natural with Epi

cheers,

my boy got slight jaundice!! so sad.. 3rd day liao, pd say his reserve running low but my bm not in yet. I'm getting abit anxious n impatient. now I keep latching but not sure if I'm indeed feeding him..

emeraldbride,

just continue latching him as often as u can ... when u press your nipple, got anything or not? .. initially, becos it's colostrum, it's a bit thick and can like clog up .. so keep latching your boy on.

ya, my dotter also is slightly jaundiced .. kena bring her to polyclinic for follow up a 3rd time on Tues .. but her jaundice lavel dropping .. from 189 to 168 last Friday ... hope it goes low enough on tueday so can stop going for check up and blood test .. damn heartache seeing her kena pricked on her heel .. she cries so miserably ... *sigh*

emeraldbride, my colostrum came in 4th day. So hang in there, sure will come one.

For those using nuk teats, can i check the hole is facing upwards when feeding right?

For pumps, do u all sterilse for every use?

hi everyone..haven posted since i return home, was too tired latching on baby,feeding and resting. the stitch there hurts for the past 2 days..today is day 3,i am still wearing 2 maternity pads just to prevent back leakage.doing confinement alone is not easy, luckily hubby took few days off now..he will be going back to work soon....worried if i able to cope!!!

just now felt my breasts engorgement..and after 1hr of pumping..i got only 10ml of colostrum!!!!
baby didnt poo today,is it normal???

bubble pearl,
congrats! Wow just 1 hr har that is very fast loh. Hope i have a fast labour as well.

2nd baby,
yes for the NUK teats the hole is facing up.

Annt21,
i also dunno how to get the baby engaged lei. During the VE check i just ask my gyane is the baby engaged. then he say yes.

2ndbaby
mine is not spray type leh.. sighz.. mine is apply cream.. haiz.. my stitches seems like drop off liao..not very confirm but the pain is still there.. sometimes i sit is so painful lor. got those chihchi feeling.. haiz.. realy so frustating. sighz.

Ivy
BM takes times to come. so dun worry.. massage ya breast more.. drink more soup and milo.. or hot stuffs. you will get more supply =)

Mimi:
been out the whole day shopping ytd, so juz catch up on the posting!

Ya, under the instruction leaflet, it is mentioned dat the slit on the silicone vent has to be open. anyway, i ask 1 of my fren who is using B'Free Plus bottle too, she said need to cut a hole (abt 0.5cm) before we start using. U din read the instructions before using? Or is it the same design as mine?

Jazlyn, Tara, Bubblepearl:
congrats! me looking forward to my induction on 9 Dec.

Went to gynae for my last pre-natal checkup, BB is doing good @ 3.4kg and this time w/o VE, he straight arrange for me to be induced on 9 Dec. so ytd was walking from 1pm to almost 9.30pm (tpok 2 breaks in between)! hahaha... hope it helps in me dilating during labour.

im getting excited abt the pending induction and arrival of BB Kasia. finally after months of "suffering" and waiting, i can get to meet her in another 48hrs! wow... the feeling is soooo amazing!

Jappooh

Really envy u... my dr do not wan to induce me... unlesss it really necessary if not gotta wait till 41 weeks... hopefully by next week bb decide to come out

Hi 2nd baby and Dee,
Thx for your advice. don't know about the unsuccessful induction rate. Shall check. Hopefully, no c-sec.

The logic given was that if baby is already 'ripe' why keep it there in case there be complications.

Now already feeling baby pressing on cervix - very uncomfortable. Also, i believe i get contractions tho not frequent - just a handful a day.

At this time, hopefully, things go on smoothly.

Sam, when I squeeze my nipple nothing came out leh. must press very hard? but when bb latch tot I saw some white stuff but not sure. I do stimulate my breast for 5 mid each side wit pump but nothing came out do I reckon no colostrum yet still.

jus now nurse say bb feed is insufficient so I gave go ahead to supplement wif fm.
sad.gif

is it cos I was due 3 wks early my milk will not kick in so fast?? hb wanna go ntuc to buy fm tmr liao. my boy is sooo small. heartache to see him tat way tat I cried so much today.

my bp still super high n I hv to be on full medication now.. guess all these really taking a toll on me!!

congrat to all mummies who had popped !

im now in my 37weeks+, will see Dr Normal on 10th and schedule to be induce on 12th,as he scared my bb too big if wait till full term. last visit on 1st dec is ard 3.2kg.

fabbie, u feel ur wound pain when sit or wat? if that e case, u can sit on swimming float leh .. remember to wash n apply cream often.

emeraldbride ... dun feel bad .. just supplement first with formula ... dun give up. Jus continue to latch him on as often as possible but just give formula till your milk comes in.

I don't think it works that way ... your body will start milk production as and when baby is delivered .. I remember when I delivered my first girl at 32 weeks (long long time ago) ... I had milk shortly thereafter. Doesn't mean that u have to wait till 40 weeks for your milk to come in.

don't give up, ok? .. just keep at it ..

hey, piyobaby...u r here! Thks! Thks all 4 ur greetings...japooh..yup..my labour was fast as i nearly cannot take it liao n was crying n talking to my boi, dun be naughty hor, mummy pain pain..my hb c liao also kena blur..but after bb born, he keep playing w the bb..ignore me n let the dr stitch me..haha..i just nagging ard here n there lor..the nurses n midwives also commented i was fast as they have yet change shift n they c me coming bk to ward again...Carmen..c if u come earlier 4 admittion, or u sms me when u come..c if i am still awake..then we can chit chat..b4 u go pop!btw the food in Mt A not bad!

Yunbb
ya.. sit is pain.. ya.. my hub keep saying wana buy float for me liao. but. till now really still not recover sia. haiz.. Ya got apply cream and wash often after pee. haiz. hate it so much the pain. =(

Wah. doc normal seems like plan everything for you swee swee liao hor. hehehe good luck! and say HI for me to that firece looking midwife hahhaha

bubblepearl
Aiyo.. you just give birth.. still not sleeping ah..still post at this time.. FOr me.. my gal woke up to drink milk same time pump. lolx

btw doc normal really give you a date so jun huh.. you want later also cannot.

Breaking news #1: My colostrum kicks in today at 4am!!! I squeezed my nipples n saw white milky stuff..must be liao.

Breaking news #2: My blood pressure went down immediately from 150++ to 130++. Guess I was stressing myself without knowing.

Breaking news #3: My boi is so impatient wif latching liao.
sad.gif
n nurse told me he's very good at cup feeding. Haha.. tat little tyke nvr fail to surprise me n hb..

kath ...good news! My boi is good wif latching but i still have nothing out..so ask nurse to give him cup feeding 4 midnite feeding..fabbie, haha, dun really sleep well..scared my lobia overflood..so far, i change dunno how many pieces...coming to 9 pcs liao..dunno why also feeling v hot..

Carmen &amp; Mimi
You dun have to cut a slit on the vent for B'free bottles as the slit is already there. All you need to do is to check if the slit is open. I'm using B'free now and it certainly helps to reduce spit up in my Boy.

bubblepearl
I guess it is normal to feel hot after delivery. For me I was complaining hot and keep asking my HB if the aircon is working when the temp is set at 18C! He was freezing but I was still complaining hot hahahaa....poor guy got to put up with the extremely chilly temp with sweater and wraps and his wife was trying to peel all her clothes off! hahaha

sam
my boi is slight jaundice as well. levels gg up from 192 to 198. wed need to go polyclinic for check again. =(

2nd baby
i sterlilise my pump parts every time afta usage. =)

kath
juz kip latching on every 3hrly if possible or demand feeding. soon will hav lots n lots of milk. jia you!! =)

ade
18C?? tt's veri cold wor.

wah... 18deg is really cold leh. I slept in temp of 25 deg to b the same as the nursery. realized when zach is sent to me for feeding, he sneezes a lot so tot I better sleep warmer but I dun feel hot. still wear sweater. haha

Kath &amp; Bubble
Jia you.. eat more food and drink more hot soup and hot water.. milk will come more more ya.. =)
dun stress yourself if cant latch. EBM also okai de. =)

bubble
wah.. so much ah.. mine like not that much leh.. but i heard the more the better ba. hehe

Adel
your aircon 25C? my gal sleeping with me i put 25C and i was already sweating. hahaha. when she's not with me. i on till 22C damn hot de. haiz.. i miss icewater!!!!!

Hi mummies, I am from Sept thread. Just to share that I have some extra items for sale...

1) BN Pigeon Wide Neck bottles 200ml + Twin Pack 300ml for $15.

2) Barely used 2 pcs Medela Storage bottles 150ml with screw cap + sealing disc. Throwing in 1 BN spare teat S size, for $18.

3) 6 packets of herbal baths, specially packed by TCM Hall. It can be used twice for 1 packet. Mum bought for me at $3/pack. Will throw in additional 2 packets of Da Feng Chao (herbal bath), $12.

Self pick up at Jelapang Rd/Orchard Wisma.

Interested, can email me at [email protected] or PM me for pics. Thank you!

emeraldbride, we tend to be very emotional at this period of time. So try stay cool k.

fabbie, as wat yun suggested, sitting on the float will help.

Mummies who have given birth, so far hw many kg of weight have u all lost? Also, do u all shower everyday and hw often yr hair is washed? My CL is not strict and whenever I wan shower or wash my hair, she says ok.

Hi Mummies,
Sorry to the delay in updates. My bb Tiara is born on 27th Nov 08.
My birth story:
12.20am - water bag burst.
12.30am - On the way to Mt Alvernia
12.50am - Checked into delivery room of Mt Alvernia. (Immediately inform nuse that I am going for C-sect with full GA)
1.30am - My Doc arrived. I was pushed to operating theatre and put on GA.
1.56am - Tiara was born!!

She weighed 3.7Kg. =D

2ndbaby
ya my hub go buy for me a float.. im still waiting for him to be back hehee..

i remember when im pregnant im like 65kg+ now im 56kg.. i carried my baby gal with my weighting machine hahah and it weight 60kg. so my baby should be 4kg. lolx.

4 days i wash hair once..other days i wipe body. my gal when wash her hair.. i shall bath that day lor. cus baby cannot wash hair everyday also.

Yap.. I didn't even felt much contractions until my doc told me that I was having contractions 1 in every 3 mins!! Thank God.. all went smoothly in 1 1/2 hr.. =)

fabbie,
er, why bb cannot wash hair everyday huh? i washed my bb hair everyday de..

Wat abt the rest? do u all let ur bb wash hair / shower daily?

2nd bb,
i didnt weight myself..but tummy seemed flaten liao after my massaging session..hope will contd to slim more ba..

my MILonly allowed me to shower on the 12th day using the herb..normal days i will use cloth to wipe my body (using only boiled water) and hair i will wash every 3 -4 days, oso using herb in boiled water..

Jappooh:
me going to Mt A, u? Btw, im going in at 12-1am on 9 Dec, dat means ur almost a day behind me. by the time ur advised to get admitted, ur going to TMC rite? =)

Adel:
so dat means if the slit is not open, then i cut it open rite? my fren using B'Free before oso said hers is open when she buys the bottles, so dun understand why mine is sealed.

Bubblepearl:
me confirm going in tonite after 12am. after midwife insert prostin, may be way after 2-3am liao, dun think wanna discturb yr sleep. u hor, 1st day after birth must rest more, how can on laptop and go online... notty mummy! ;P

tell u wat, if i dun feel pain by 7-8am, i will sms u to see if i can go visit u and BB Gerrad... my HB quite eager to meet his idol! wahahaha... think if my BB is a boy, his name will be Gerrad too!

Emeraldbride:
ya, dun put too much stress on yrself lar, i knw how u feel as i oso wish i will have enuff BM for my BB. my frens who are mummies keep telling me dat i need to relac if i wanna have BM, so try not to give yrself too much pressure, k dokie?

Forgot to add..we using oso boiled water to wash bb hair n shower her..am doing this for at least the 1st mth..after that can use normal shower water..

Back