(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

jlow: better liao..after taking pandol..it is the best medicine the whole..imagine..i was laying on my bed and cannot flip at all...cos back too pain liao..luckily today got gyna appt..so go and see gyna n told him abt it...he give me pandol and i took 2 pills..Wahoo..so relieve now..at least i can kneel up and down...lesson learnt! nvr bend ur back...it really hurts! I was given 1 week mc to rest at home...

Week 38: bb is growing at a good pace..now 2.84kg..Dr Normal just ask me to monitor bb movement and call him once i feel anything not right..unless i want to deliver early..

Tollyjoy: back from the warehouse sale and total damage $40... still dunno what we spend..how come spend so much....the bottles wipes will be cheaper if u purchase during JL 20+5%, mittens and boots are cheap..for those in loose as 2 pairs for $1..those in packs one not really worth..as they are selling at 2.40 per set (mittens and boots). The milk bottles are also cheap..$1 per bottle. Clothings are also worth it.. as for toys, dun get those musical toys at 3 for $5 as they are not workable liao..

For those who are having 1st kid..do you n ur hb go out together more freq recently? for us, we are...cos next time, we go out, it will not be so easy..just like..2 of us nia..next time will have to bring barang barang out for bb also..so these few nites we keep gog out for supper...enjoy while we can..i am starting to scare of motherhood liao...loss of freedom..am I getting panariod now?

have not logged in for 4 days and so much happenings sia!!!

Mimi:
Congrats! I love Zayden's rosy and "pincheable" cheeks! wish Kasia's cheeks are juz as lovable ;)

Went to Dr Chen this morning and he mentioned dat some Dec MTB already given birth, and he's asking me if i wanna give birth earlier!?? haha... think he's refering to u ba? anyway, he juz joking and mentioned dat he will still prefer me to have it the natural way w/o induction.

Bubblepearl:
wow... dat sounds a bad sprain. so take care gal, it's the last lap to Gerrad's arrival leh. later tonite, Marcus is going gaga again cos Liverpool v.s. Fullham, so he can see his idol Steven Gerrad again.

Dun think too much abt the responsibility of being a mum, focus on the joy of having yr very own offspring in yr arms. since u read Adel and Luth's blog, think we all sud be +vely influenced by their devotion and very +ve outlook abt taking care of BBs. Wat touches me is dat as a man, Adel's HB actually took Bryan's crying very +vely... so rare for a guy.. =)

Hi Ladies,

Been a long long time since I have posted! Congrats to all mommies who popped! Rest well and take care!

Gone to see my gynae today, and realised I have lost weight, instead of gaining. Gynae told me to go and see him this Tues and as well as monitor my bb's movement more vigilantly. Think I may most likely pop next week instead of my EDD - 5 Dec... Although I still hope to deliver in Dec!

halo ladies,

good evening to everyone.

went to c gynae this morning. bb Isaac gained bout 200g oni...in the past 2 weeks.
sad.gif
n my weight gain oni 400g. according to ultrasound, my placenta is not healthy, with white spots, meaning Isaac is not getting enuf nutrients. doc said this is normal, especially for fist pregnancy wor. however, his kicking rhythms n heartbeat r normal. doc said gotta monitor for the next 2 weekly visits to c if Isaac is still gaining weight. as long as he's still gaining weight, it's ok. but no matter wat, i gotta b induced to deliver him early so that he can get his nutrients tru breastmilk n formulaes. on when to b induced, can oni know in my next Sat appt.

lately i oso hv more contractions. usually they r painless. oni occasionally it feels like menses cramps. according to gynae, Isaac's head is descending into the pelvis. n for the past few nights, i can feel his head pressing down towards the perineum area, giving me some kind of sensation.

well, i can only prayed n hope for the best for both me n Isaac. hopefully he can b much more bigger during delivery.

loveangel,

nvm lah. as long as our hb loves us despite our spine condition is ok liao. not forgetting our family too!
happy.gif

bubble pearl,

i think u r reacting normal on the lost of freedom once v entered motherhood. so just do what u can now to 'er ren she jie' with ur hb so that when bb arrives, u r fully prepared for him!

jowin,

r u gg to try bio-oil? in its website, it claims to b able to reduce n remove the appearance of stretch mark post-pregnancy!

Hi hi...I'm back from my virgin BW liao. Jowin, I think my pain threshold much lower than yours. Plus the wax therapist said my skin very thin, my hair very thick and the roots very deep. I whimpered a lot, but it really isn't too bad lah. Hehe... Personally, I think the wax therapist is very important. Mine does a good job, no stray strands etc, but she was very impersonal, and didn't attempt to chat at all. So my focus was on the pain! After the wax, they asked me to sign package, but I had second thoughts if I have courage to go for another wax. I'm bleeding a little bit here and there, but so far no pain at all. The pain is really the moment when they pull the wax up, no after pain. Maybe I'll go back...depending on how the growth is like.

Bubblepearl, I started feeling like that about 2, 3 months back. Told my hubby I feel like buying an air ticket and running away. I used to travel quite a bit. Miss the freedom. But I think having a child brings your life and relationship to another level altogether. It makes me happy to see how happy my HB is about the pregnancy. I must say on the contrary, we have been staying in for the past few weeks - with me obsessively cleaning the house (or instructing hubby to). (-_-")

Spag & Jowin: I'm such a wuss...i'm still SCARED of going for a BW despite Jo's claim that the pain is little. :p

Gerry: I think whether or not the mommies here process their placenta for consumption is their own preference & choice. Scientific studies may not be able to explain everything. Like what Santorini has mentioned, there're many confinement practices w/o any scientific basis, nonetheless, we still practise them.
happy.gif

Jazlyn: Yep you're right!!!
happy.gif
So if you're going to be induced...when will that be?

2nd baby: I like your stickers & the yellow wall. Very cheery!

Jlow: I intend to boil the herbs in a KETTLE!!! :p My mom said can add some warm water from the showerhead into a pail with the boiled herbal "water" before showering to get the right volume.

I went for maternity photog last week at The Studio Loft, the charges are reasonable, pics well taken. It's $180 for 45min shoot, they'll give you 6 prints and digitals pics of the 6 selected. Get to select the shots right after and collection in 2-3 weeks. It was fun, a good experience so those of you considering photog, just go for it!

http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/

Hehe Pris, actually I almost backed out during the session too. My wax therapist started out with Bikini for me, then asked if I really wanted to go all the way. Took quite a bit of courage to say "OK!" But now you've lost the plug, think will really be important for your gynae to approve such "stimulating" activities. :p

Hi Mummies,

Can I check with all of you if I can put up my baby's cot mattress cover before I go deliver or do I have to get someone to put up after I've delivered while I was in hospital? Tot I read somewhere that the mattress cover cannot be put up before delivery. Pls advise...

Hi spagetti
ohh. bleed???? wat happen?? Mine is ok leh.. the wax therapist is very friendly n nice. kept on chatting with me n thought me how to breathe in n out to reduce the wax.. true enough, its really minimum... yup.. no stray hairs left behind.. They did not ask me to sign any package nor hard-sell.. bid me goodbye and wish me smooth delivery
happy.gif

Where did u go n do ur BW??? I went to strips at raffles city.

Perhaps i think everyone pain threshold is different
happy.gif
I am more afraid of CUTTING pain.. a paper cut, i can sulk my face n keep looking at the cut...
sad.gif

HI Pris
if u really scare, dun go for it la.. most impt u must feel comfy...

Hi Jaz
oh.. heard bio oil only sold in malaysia leh... nvm la... just hate those stretch marks..

Wish ur baby can gain more more weight
happy.gif
Good luck...

Gals.. dun know why these few days my appetite increase n have this itchy mouth of eating these n tat... aiyo.. almost deliver liao.. i dun wan to gain weight at this time.. somemore got gestational diabetes.. really make me xin ku to control not to eat..

hi bubblepearl
me also went tollyjoy today.. bought the 5 pieces $10 clothings n the mittens... no more already... find the things there very old and not attractive leh... like waste of time.. haha!!! but still itchy hand, must spend something... so bought those clothings lor.. mainly in long sleeves.

jo hehehe im same with you.. i keep eating non stop.. i remember ydy i eat my home food rice(2 plates of meat.. 1 plate of veg... 1 bowl of soup) and + a MEGA MAC! for dinner hahah. i look like eating like a pig!.. non stop de..

bubble pearl,
good good...rest well ok, drawing nearer to EDD, cannot take any risk liao.

If possible, don't lay down too long also, i realise the bones more stiff if not move for many hours. hahaaaah tat's wat happen to me.

Justyounme,
ask hubby to help lor. confinement must minimise over stressing yourself. Otherwise it'll take longer to recuperate le.

hi phyl,
thanks for the help on the clarification btw inch & feet!
happy.gif
hee ended up spending more at the wallpaper spree also after i did my measurements.

ehh is it necessary to get infant car seat?? i mean for a start can just carry the baby? cos so small, i scared baby's neck very soft/fragile to put in infant car seat...was thinking of getting one only when baby's bigger, but seems like a lot of u are looking at car seats already...

Jowin, I did mine at Strip Cathay. My therapist very quiet wor. All her answers to my questions short short one. A couple of my pores bled...I think I was too tense liao lah. But really 100% clean. I'm quite happy with the end-result anyway. ^__^ (Cross fingers no ingrowths or follicle inflammation).

Eating non-stop: Errmmm mine started 9 months ago and I haven't stopped since. I had Carl's Jr for dinner today and almost finished up the whole bacon and crispy chicken burger + fries.

Hi spagetti
u can imagine wat i ate today n so sinful.. usually at work, just mainly 3 meals.. standard n nothing extra..

BF: Bread with Fried egg with ham, cheese + 1 glass of milk
Lunch: 3/4 bowl of ba chor mee + 1 Min Chiang Kuei ( i took out the peanuts as too sweet for me)
Teabreak : A wah kor kuei ( 1 rice cupcake)
Dinner: Fish & Chip without fries + 4 pieces of gyoza...

Faint.. i felt so sinful...i really hope dun put on weight within these few weeks.... So scary...

Oic.. poor thing abt the bleed...yes, cross finger no ingrown hair. now u dun go n scrub etc.. just leave it....

Hi fabbie.. i thought last trim, we will not have such good appetite???

jolynash, i read from nov 08 thread that some mummies actually prepare the cot much earlier and they pop few days / weeks later..hahaha. Don't know if it is related or not ah..

jo, fab, i also ate alot these few days!! Mabbe cos my tummy is much lower liao so got more space for food!! Hehehe..I hope i can control it cos i gain abt 3kg within 2 weeks and i tink my gynae will make a fuss abt it.. :p

well, seem like everyone is boiling the herbal bag. so noone is actually leaving it in the hot water direct from the tap..(teabag effect) ...then must go find a big pot...else will boil in kettle like loveangel liao.

spag, cannot use too warm water to shower ya! And dun rub it too hard.. so far i did so many times never bleed leh so mabbe the therapist is right to say tat ur skin could be thin.

I cant wait for mine on monday!

My feet is so so so swollen, normal slipper cannot fit..have to go buy another bigger pair!! Size 40 leh..siao liao

emerald... I know... showered with cold water just now *miserable*. I hate showering with cold water.

Monday..eh hehe...that means your hubby didn't managed to take leave ah? :p

Herbal bag: Is that really a must for confinement ah? My colleague said after using that herbal water, there will be a sticky feeling. Yucks. Isn't that as good as not showering? I didn't prepare anything special for confinement actually, except buy a hairdryer to dry hair quickly after showering. Just planning to rest and spend time with baby... eat some tonic. :p

Fabbie: That looks like my daily standard meals. Bahaha

PS: Does anybody find themselves obsessive with cleaning house (aka nesting syndrome)? I've recently developed a fetish for dettol. Love the smell. Go around cleaning the house with it. Shower with it. Wash laundry with it. I'm driving my HB crazy.

pastilies,

ya must put lar ... it's far safer than in your arms .. baby will be a PROJECTILE if an accident occurs while you're in the car with the baby (touch wood) .. the infant car seat is fine for a newborn .. just use those head support pillows ... like the Kiddopotamus Head Cradler

http://www.kiddopotamus.com/p_crad.php

but really, pastilies ... must start with baby in an infant car seat ... or else you'll have a situation where the baby refuses to be seated in one at all ... especially when they realize that you can hold them while they're travelling in the car ...

Hi,

I'm new to this forum after my friends recommend.Recently, i had my postnatal sessions with Malay Postnatal Retreat with Mdm Idah.Just to say many thanks to her for giving me support on breastfeeding and how to cope with my newborn baby.As my baby cries for the first week after my delivery, and when Mdm Idah do baby massage that night, my baby sleep so well as she said is due to colics and she even help me to clear my blockducts with their hot stone service.I don't feel pain during the hot-stone sessions compare to my visit to the lactation before.Thanks for your great service.May visit their website at http://malaypostnatal.blogspot.com/

kath i still cant see my tummy getting lower leh =( duno why.. haiz.. even my MIL also say.. your tummy like not low leh. =( so disappointed.. haiz..

jo on and off i will get no appetite too.. but most of the days im like a pig!

gerry, actually im thinking of processing the placenta not only for personal consumption. I've watched on d telly tat a TCM practitioner dispensing a small amt of placenta to her kiddo when he was down with common illness. So dual purpose i guess....

Went to my appt today, n like many of u, baby is vv low. However she is not engaged nor do i feel much discomfort as yet.... Am scheduled to go for appt next Wed. If i dilate by then or fluids low etc, i muz be admitted immediately for induction.(Siao liao lor bag still nt 100% done) Else if all is well (fingers XXX) we will continue the waiting game. i want baby to hang in there tilll Dec leh.... Any advise how i may do tat.... Oh ya phyl's tape hor hehehe..... oh me asked dr abt BW n he said no no at tis juncture to avoid bleeding.... then i asked if it will interfere with the sutures if i dun, then he juz replied dun worry, no it wldn't. So ok lor no BW then for now for me.

Anyway baby is soooo active that getting a proper measurement of her wt proves tricky! Guess i'm really running vv low in space. i gained 2kg within a week and baby is estimated to grow by 4-500gms and the best guess is @ 2.7kg.

Wah talk abt KFC, i had my share of finger licking good session for lunch too! hahaha and plenty of cold drinks.... A MOS burger vanilla milkshake and a ice lemon tea to go with yummy deep fried chicken!

jolynash, i will not put up d sheets till i pop.

Loveangel, congrats! Preston is an obedient boi ya, turned to face yr belly liao;)

good morning ladies!!

My weight gain officially surpass the 70kg mark liao! Abit worrying that my weight is climbing up so fast coupled with super super swollen feet and hand. I hope it is not pre-eclampsia but tmr need to clear with gynae first. Realised that both my hands and feet really hurts..sigh..n now i m onie at 35weeks still got max 5more weeks to go..how to stand..arrgghhh..

morning...i wanna ask you all...if you all will be BF immediately after delivery?and will you all be rooming in with baby at all times?

currently reading gina ford CLB..want to follow routine....anyone following?

hi emeraldbride,

i have super swollen feet and other parts of body too. So long as the blood pressure is not high. it will not be classify under pre-elcampsia. the usual advice.. less salt.. more water..

Just went for checkup on sat, my aminotic fliud is at the borderline low side.. i was given medicine to clear the water retention and hopefully the aminotic fluid will go back.. cross my fingers...

morning ladies
juz finish packing stuff to bring for maternity shoots. hehe. tink my boi stuff more dan mine. his clothes n toys. hehe. i onli bring one extra tube to change into. lolx.

sam
hehe. mayb can visit each other in d ward if we deliver around same time. mi target 1st dec. 2 daes b4 urs. hehe.

jowin & fabbie
u gers got good appetite sia. i struggling to even finish one mac fillet fish meal.

jolynash
din put up mattress for cot or playpen. hubby onli put up one dae b4 i was due for discharge when i had my boi.

ask u ladies ah. did any elders tell ur hubby tt afta baby is born, muz bring baby to a quiet corner n tell him good tings like alot of ppl will dote on u, love u n stuff? =)

ivy
i bf my boi w/i d hr i was send back to ward afta my op. room in wif mi as well during dae but nite time send to nursery coz too tired n drainned out by my vistors. nurses will bring him in when due for feeding. will oso set timer to waki myself every 2hrs for feeding.

ivy, if u indicate that u want to breast feed totally, the nurse will bring the bb to u every 2 to 3 hrs..but not sure if bb will sleep wif us or not..

spag, i hv begun cleaning my place bit by bit.. i tink by the time i finish cleaning, it's time for me to deliver liao! Hahaha, i cant stand too long cos of my swollen feet..and most of the time i need to wait for my hb cos i dun dare to climb ladders..still hv a long long way more to go.

Gerry, juzyounme, Pris.. Thanks..

Jazlyn, I had the same prob w u. White spots on placenta!

Ivy, most of the time , bb will be at the nursery unless its breadfeeding time.

white spots on placenta are actually calcium deposits..it is also sign that placenta could be ageing..heard tat usually it is due to stress..sigh

emeraldbride, as wks pass, more white patches could be seen on my placenta
sad.gif

Stress.. dun think so leh.. I dun feel stress at all. Hehe..

ivy,

i followed some of the routine by GF's CLB for my 1st boy.. can be quite rigid and i couldn't really follow 100% on the feeding part coz me BF on demand..
tried to follow some of them especially the nite routine.. now my 14th mth boy sleeps abt 10hrs straight most nites and has very good am/pm nap of ttl 3-4 hrs at the infantcare.. once he's back from infantcare (latest 7.30pm), we'll prepare him for sleep.. so latest he'll sleep would be 8.30pm.. we try not to play with him too much else he won't want to settle down.. so, everything's done chop-chop..
happy.gif

i find that it's good to let baby sleep early at nite coz that would also mean you get to rest early (especially when carrying #2, for me) and also can spend some quality time with HB alone..
well, for #2, i'm gonna try to follow as much as possible.. hee.. let's see how things will turn out..

Do you all think that about 2 or 3 days before confinement ending we could dye or highlight hair???

i wonder hows reddates! today she's going for C-sect!

afternoon ladies..was in office the whole morning...doing budgeting w my colleagues..haha..they bought a lot of foods for munching..

Cot sheet: cannot placed on the mattress ah?? I placed mine over 1 week ago leh..aiyo..my hb make so ugly marks on my laminate flooring cos he move the bookshelf from the study room to entertainment room...in order to make study room cum bb room more roomy...i see my floors..i v sad...so ugly now..

iemik0: no leh, my mum told me not to say good things in front of bb else he will do the opps way..

Carmen: haha...same..for me..hb was glue to the tv from 8pm till dunno what time...he is also watching the match..but ytd match got no Gerrard..heard from hb that he is injuired and excuse to play for one week...haha..he want to see Gerrard ah...come and see my car...hb paste Gerrard's portrait at the both side my car door..

jo cannot DYE MEH?! OMG...........

Kath YA i want to look BEST in my baby 1 month! sighz.. If i very stubborn to go out and die die want to go highlight.. Why not?! hehehe but i need to hear whether can anot... If alot of people say Canont then i wont ba.. =( just go cut hair.. if mostly people say okia. then i will highlight! hehe

fabbie, I dun dare to highlite, dye or rebond before my bb's full mth. I will just go to the salon, washed my hair, then ask hairdresser straighten my hair using the straightener or set my hair.

Santorini, loveangel, ikeike,

I personally wouldn't eat the placenta or give it to my baby.. But I'm not going to stop anyone from doing so if they believe strongly in these traditions.. Where got that power??? Haha!! =) For all i know, there might be some truth in them.

I have not and will not practise any of the pregnancy/ confinement beliefs during this entire time. I believe in eating healthily (balance diet-papayas and pineapples included) and leading a healthy lifestyle (exercising) for my baby and me.. So far, we are doing great!! I have no problems, no backaches, sleep like a pig at night, no heartburn, almost as active as I was pre-pregnancy except for a bum..

My mom didn't practise confinement either (she just had a balance diet and lots of rest) and she is very healthy.. no aches and pain.. no rheumatism..

Maybe cos i'm in the medical biology field that's why I'm quite sceptical about these traditional beliefs.

The only things I have consciously avoided are alcohol and raw food.

ikeike..
Do be careful when giving ur baby the processed placenta. Too often people take TCM which can react badly with the body or to modern medicine..

Gill, thanks on the infor, but i went to the thread, it does not allow me to post my orders...

Nashi, I dun know if bb will be due early, am gg for my checkup tml, have not seen my doc in 4 wks...i hope she will stay till nearer to the EDD...

hi fabbie
as long as any chemical tat touches the roots.. is a no no during breast feeding.. so i think rebond also not advisable.. will ask my hairdresser... perhaps i just do a relaxer at the end of my hair.. cos the length i cut, its becoming wavy...

emeraldbride,

actually, you can have your baby with u all the time .. that's what I do .. they will only take away when need to for vaccination etc. The last time, she was with me the whole nite too
happy.gif
easier for u to monitor and breastfeed la I feel ... but depends on you lor ..if you're tired or in pain then best to send baby back to the nursery.

iemik0,

yes yes ... we can visit one another if we happen to be there within the same few days !! So exciting !!

thanks sam for the info.. if tat's the case i definitely will want bb to be with me all the time so that I can bf him all the way..

u went suntec again?? I din go cos of my super swollen leg cannot walk tat much..summore going to rain..

Ivy: I'll be using Gina Ford's CLB routines...my hubby & i have agreed to follow the book as much as we can.
happy.gif

Emeraldbride: I intend to have my boy room in with me during the hosp stay so that i can latch him on as often as possible. My friends have advised that latching will help stimulate milk supply more than pumpimg.

Jowin & Fabbie: I'm going to rebond & treatment + highlight my hair STRAIGHT after confinement. Have even told my stylist about it and she told me these 2 chemical processes must be spread at least 2 weeks apart or else my hair may get damaged.

Ikeike: Good that your baby gal is growing well!
happy.gif
Hee...my appetite is pretty good recently too. Keep wanting to munch on stuff...i try to snack on fruits though i really want potato chips. Haha...

Jolynash: My cot sheets have been there for a few weeks! Cos was scared of giving birth anytime (preterm labour)...so my hubby & i put the sheets & we covered the entire cot with a huge piece of plastic so no dust can settle on it.

Pastillies: It's best that you get a car seat. It's the law in SG that car seats are a MUST! It's dangerous if you carry your baby...plus like Sam pointed out, it's good to get your baby used to the car seat else you'll have trouble in future with your baby making a fuss.

Spag: Me! I keep cleaning & arranging my stuff. First was my bag & makeup...then yesterday was my shoe collection. Left my clothes to "tackle"...i think it's nesting instinct!

halo everyone,

went for facial with my mum today. vy relaxing lor... hehe

loveangel,

i dunno when i m gonna get induced. doc will decide on my next visit, which is next sat. i think it shall b early december. before my EDD. n now i do feel more contractions (BH) n i can feel bb moving more towards my pelvis n pubic bone area!

emeraldbride, 2nd baby,

prior to me go on no pay leave early this month, i experienced a vy high level of stress in my work. n after dat, doc did say dat he's concerned of my bb's being smaller that it shud. mayb dat explained my placenta aging.

jowinbb,

ya, bio-oil is sold here. let me noe if u need me to help u buy some. a bottle of 60ml is selling at rm35 like dat. not sure can get discount, but can try lah. coz those independent pharmacies usually can give discount lah.

springcleaning - i hv done all liao. for my house in SG, i hv started cleaning since i get preggie, slowly. n when i m back here in KL, i cleaned my room using a couple of days. throw out old clothes, books n rearrange my room. finally, i can say dat i hv done all the springcleaning n preparation needed prior to bb's arrival!

i tink im going to the salon to 'dress up' my hair straight after confinenment...have been living with ugly black grown out hair since i found out im pregnant till now...

somemore i want to look good during CNY mah...heehee

HI jaz
Thanks...U are not back to SG till after confinement rite? Then i also deliver already lor.. haha...
happy.gif

HI pris & Fab
Ya.. me also.. if my hairdresser give me a green light to rebond hor.. i will want to do it... i can't stand this messy black hair too...CNY also wanna be pretty pretty lor..

Back