(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

Mimi, you should still use more than just water to clean your privates - water isn't enough to really clean ... try gettin those cleansers specifically formulated for washing your vagina. They are more gentle than soaps etc. You can get it at Watson's and Guardian Pharmacy.

hmmm snowger cannot answer ur question on pimples..haha, but so far *touch wood* my family of girls is blessed with good skin and no pimple breakout. Only exception is my bro..hahaha

eat apple? I very lazy to eat apple one leh cos i dun like to eat apple with skin.. i only eat oranges, plums per day..sigh

Samantha,
I dun really believe lah. They just keep harping about it. Sometimes I just bo chap them or laugh them off. *naughty* P

Spaghetti,
I peifu u can tahan the yeast infection for months. Think if my gynae refuse to treat, I will look for another gynae. *haha*

Emeraldbride,
No worries lah, so far all my sisters all got pimple problems. My elder sis got acne... Mayb my mum eat durians until kena fever, me scared until never eat durian until I was 12 yrs. LOL.

I am now into S African apples, those that look greenish red one. They are more crunchy n can be as sweet as those Fuji apples.
happy.gif
Eat one after meals *yum!*

My mum's a big fan of durian. Supply of it was abundant at home too, end up I was born with a lot of boils on head *ouch* so gals moderation is key I guess.

Jowin, the desitin cream comes in original & aloe vera. Is the aloe vera available for spree too?

good morning ladies.. today i had a very bad morning.. i fell down in the drain near the bus stop and i cried from yishun to thomson.. coz my leg very pain.. its very embarrassing also.. sob sob.. now leg got one big bubu and walk also pain.. my fats still alot so hope din hurt baby..

morning gals! me sick... my left eye sore and sore throat. haiz...

samantha, i did ask the gals here if i can use those feminine wash. u are referring to feminine wash rite?

ikeike, i stop eating durians liao... now too heaty. drinking lots of water.

phyl, u ok? got to be more careful... if not feeling well better go to your gynae.

aiyoh phyl, r u ok? How come fell down still go to work? U shuld go see gynae. Did you hurt urself or ur tummy?

Go home n rest.. dun let ur baby be shaken..dun cry ok. Tonite ask ur hubby to rub ur leg.

hi mimi, i use lactyacd.. dunno how to spell it.. the pH is 3.5 or something.. its for sensitive skin. its makes the itch go away. wah.. how come you sore eye and sore throat? drink more water oh..

My office medic just cleaned my wounds for me.. so should be ok.. thanks

all along i use seb med, dun know if can use now. should be ok rite? think me too heaty, eat too much durians, french fries, somemore dare not drink 'liang teh'.

emeraldbride.. this teaches me a lesson to see where i am going and dun run after a bus.. toopid husband made me cry one.. coz when i fell he scolded me,"why u want to run?"

other than my leg hurting, my breast hurts coz i fell flat with 1 leg in drain..

Morning ladies

Me sick at home with fever and now itchy throat. Hope I'm not coming down with any flu bug :S

Phylicia
"sayang sayang" dun cry lah. The bubu will go away
happy.gif

Hi Adel and Phy
Take care

I m having itchy throat n headache too..
sad.gif

Having been puking every meals for 2 days.. Hope today will be ok.

Slept at 10.30pm till 7am.. still headache n very tired.. sigh!!

Samantha, Snowger,

I'm also in two minds about my pets. I have 2 hamsters and a rabbit. My MIL is staying with us, and she keeps pushing us to give the pets away. Say that it will be very dirty for the baby next time. For me, I think that pets are for life, cannot just give away like that. My bunny was adopted from SPCA. I don't want her to go back there again!
sad.gif

Haiyo.. everyone seems to be sick.. my migrain just went away after 2 days..

recently my eyes r so dry, can't wear my contact lenses.. must be the weather + durian season lar.. make everyone sick.. my colleagues also mostly down with cough, itchy throat, fever.. hope they dun pass it to me.. hehe

Get well soon everyone!!!

wat's desitin cream for?

Phyl, next time dun run after the bus ya. Must remember, we are not as agile or as stable as before pregnancy. Center of gravity also different liao, juz walk slowly..always maintain calm..hahah

All better take care. Drink more chrysanthemum or barley.. we needed it as our body temperature rising..drink some cooling stuff is good.

louisa, read from books that 2nd tri, our eyes tend to be drier. So if can buy those eye drop from pharmacy to drop..drink more water to replenish our body's h2o.

my left eye is sore but i still continue to wear contact len cos i will be giddy if i wear specs for too long. think i will go to my GP tonight.

echo
I've 2 cats at home and the older generations will naturally frown on pets whenever there is a baby issue. To me, my pets are for life and I won't give them away. I've friends who owns several pets and their children are all ok and well without any allergy. My husband grew up without pets & both he and his brother has asthma.

So, to cut this short pet is not entirely the cause for allergy. Don't give your pets away due to their nagging. To me, if they're not happy with the pets, they can jolly well move out if they want instead, not the pets
happy.gif

fabbie,

i stop taking the pills like 1 day only. I took fruits like apple, grape and pear. sometime watermelon. I dun have bleeding just cant do business only loh.

Take more fruits and it might help u.
happy.gif

Hi echo
I also dun see a need to send the pets away after we have bb, unless we can confirm that bb is allergy to fur or really asthma after contact to furry pets. I dun own pets myself but i love them. I realise that instead, parents who has pets at home, the children will tend to love pets , have the responsibility to be kind and play with them. Unless the pets are real fierce and will bite children.. which i seldom see that pets will bite small children..children tend to bully them instead..My friend's gal, climb over the dog n ride them like a horse.. playing so happily.haha!!

Phylicia,
hope u are fine. Dun run after a bus in future. Do take care if feel pain pls see gynae asap.

Bird nest:
I am allegy to bird nest.. So i took black chicken soup once a wk.

gals,
i think i falling sick also. having sore throat and flu liao. Dunno wat happen cos i have been drinking alot of water and fruits. I dun take durain at all cos once i smell it i wan to vomit liao. But end up i still sick lei..
sad.gif

jappooh, think it's bcos of the weather that everyone is falling sick. me a bit of running nose too... now started to sneeze. think the flu bug is really here... feel so sick now. think i will go off half day to see doc later.

hi all,
i also just recovered frm flu n cough. Last wed, i visited Dr adrian, he also kena flu.. den he given me 3 days mc to rest.

Hi mum, you may visit bbmumsgifts for some bb products with affordable price. I get some bb binder frm them. Cheap and help my bb very much with her colics problem

Hi Phyl

Think u shld go c gynae, just to ensure BB ok la. Must be more careful lei. Pls take care.

Hi mummy
Me also eat birdnest every week or every 2 weeks, depend on how frequent i visit my mum la. Cos she will cook for me.
1575796.gif
so i dun know how to cook birdnest.

Luthadel, Phyl, Jowin n the not feeling well MTBs: Get well soon! Me also felt like puking last night during dinner. Think cos I not enough sleep.

Echo,
I agree w Luthadel. Won't chase those pple away but I will say say "Does it mean when living things r bad/useless for my family, I throw them out? Next time u all old liao, I can't do the same right?" Pets r 4 life n we must b responsible pet owners! Act I thot asthma is heditary illness. If both parents hv, usually chances of getting is higher?

emeraldbride,
my grandmother prepare the black chicken soup not me. But i knw she buy black chicken and remove the skin and add pao sheng to it and add water (but i dunno how much water) all into a tray. Then put the tray in on top of hot water and steam for 2 hrs. Should be like that cos i dun cook at all so not so good on this..

so nice.. i dunno y i very pai seh to take MC one leh.. dr wanna gave me MC yesterday and today to rest cos I looked so haggard due to insufficient rest but I juz took the MC but still come to work.

One day din work, alot of stuff will pile up..

Me too, on MC for 2 days, fever, flu, cough and sore throat. Yesterday KO , slept for few hrs, feel better liao.

Hey Phyl,

Better be careful u noe. Go and c ur gynae if u encounter any pain. Dun dismiss it.

2nd Baby,
Me not doctor leh...
proud.gif
Usually yeast vaginal infection dun have pain (e most is burning when pee), just super itchy which can drive u nuts.

Discharge is due to the "flora" we have in the vagina. So we may get different discharge depending on the mix of "flora".

I understand everyone's discharge comes in different colour (white to yellow) and texture. Quantity is not a problem (cos preggies hv more), if the colour n texture is same as before u were preggy.

Share with u my very own list of symptoms which i use to evaluate need to see doc:
1. Itchy? (if it does not go away),
2. Burning sensation (when pee)?
3. Pain/discomfort during sex?
4. Is discharge smelly?
5. Is colour wierd? (i.e. not the usual colour)
6. Is texture not the same as usual?
If yes to a few of the above and the above "symptoms" dun go away, I will go see doc.
happy.gif
Not sure, can ask gynae during next visit.

I do get occassional "yeast like" discharge for 1-2 days, no itch and it goes away. In those situtation, I will go on high alert n keep myself super super clean!

Let's have some fun reading up
happy.gif

a. http://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-discharge-during-pregnancy_270.bc
b. http://www.babycenter.com/0_yeast-infections-during-pregnancy_485.bc
c. http://www.babycenter.com/0_urinary-tract-infections-during-pregnancy_9403.bc

ok.. i will see gynae if i dun feel well.. thanks snowger and reddates..

wah.. u all eat bird's nest ah.. all so xing fu got mummy make for you all.. me also want mummy leh.. (not that i like bird's nest la.. just want someone to sayang me.. hehe)

Today onwards will be super busy with singapore garden festival.. wanna take MC or leave also cannot one..

Emeraldbride,
Oh din noe soak overnight is bad! hehe I thought if disintegrate easier to drink.. I also use slow cooker..So how long should I boil?

LuthAdel,
Thanks for your recipe hee. I am taking Bai Yan..How much you bought for Jin Si Yan? Currently I get my birdnest from manufacturer directly...6 pcs for $120 either for Jin Si Yan or Bai Yan..wonder if there is any difference with buying from retailers.

Hi jowinbaby,
Last time I used to buy bottles of Eu Yang Seng / Lo Han Ka birdnest until broke ..So now when I want to save abit, I buy the disintegrated pieces at $85 per pack. Can make 5-6 eu yang seng bottles of concentrated birdnest bottles with it. Although quality abit inferior to the whole pc one but I think still got same effect for daily intake hee.

Hi Mimi,fabbie
Try getting Esemtan from Guardian Pharmacy. Most doctors use that for feminine wash as it is gentle, PH balance and has antibacterial qualities. Can even use on babies daily bath. I use that as it really helps me last time when I got infection.

Hi Phyl,
hope you are alright
happy.gif
Take care..dun be sad

Hi jappoh, mimi,
take care...
happy.gif
Try to drink lots of water first thing in the morning. I put half squeezed lemon in a jug of plain water every morning. Can help to booast our immune system since we are more vulnerable when pregnant.

Re feminine wash:
I used the same brand (ph 3.5) as Phylicia. Did not replenish the bottle until I kena yeast recently. Somehow, I prefer to use my facial wash - Esemtan (ph 5.0) - not so drying.
happy.gif

For gals who use feminine wash first time, please dun DOUCHE! E vagina can self clean!!! Douching cleans the vagina but it kills all the natural "flora" (including e good bacteria) and u might land up with infection even more.

Meredith
I bought my Jin Shi Yan for $300 (approx. 6-8 pcs). My advise is to get the "yan zhang" and not those pieces which are moulded into a specific shape. If you can get direct from manufacturer, it would save you a lot of money. For me, i've no such contact so can only buy from my regular medical hall.

I'm so sian at home now and i hate taking leave now since it will means lesser leave towards the 3rd trimester. Must recover by tomorrow!!!

Meredith, my parents bought directly from manufacturer - bird's nest from sarawak. The nests are all thoroughly cleaned and picked of all impurities so i dun really need to soak that long nor wash for that long.

I use slow cooker, boil for 45mins on High. If u prefer softer u can boil for 1hour. I prefer to hv some crunch. Add 5 red dates, some dried longan, 1 small pc of brown rock sugar and few slices of pao shen. If u dun like it sweet, can make do without rock sugar.

emeraldbride.. thanks for the advise.. will go buy eye drops after work.. i look like a nerd with my specs.. haha

Phyl.. dun sad lar.. me same as u.. no one cook birdnest for me.. i told hubby i feel like eating he also bo chup.. then i suan him back coz my MIL last time say until so nice "when it's time to bu, she will cook birdnest for me".. all BS.. haha.. think i'll buy some and ask my grandma to cook for me better..

Snowger.. did your infection come back after the antibiotics? I finished mine but somehow I have a feeling that it's not gone yet.. coz still got yellowish discharge leh.. still gotta wait till 6/8 then can see gynae.. sianz

Hi Merdith
My mum got the birdnest from Zheng Zhong Ping.. $300 for around 10 pieces i think.. and free 6 bottles of concentrated birdnest

I ate monthly on the birdnest from the pieces and alt weeks for the concentrated one.. sometimes happy happy just grab a small bottle from the Eu Yan Seng 's ..

Mum said if i really confirm gal gal, she shall increase to 2 weeks once.. haha.. cos gal gal must have nicer smooth tou hua complexion.. haha!

haha i agree wif Jo..if get bb gal, must eat more 'bu' stuff so that bb can have porcelain complexion.

Last time my MIL also say will boil those 'bu' stuff for me.. but till date, i hv not eaten any specially cooked food fr her except chicken soup every 2 weeks. But dun care lar.. i can boil myself so I rather do it myself. Luckily my mom will buy all these for me to stock up each time i go back to Malaysia or she comes down to SG..

Louisa,
ur antibiotics is for yeast infection? Not for urinary tract infection (UTI)? Hmmm... Cos i was given antibiotics (Augmentin) for UTI, I didn't even know I got UTI until they tested my urine using the test stik leh. So I guess when I go gynae tmr, he will test my urine using the test stik to see if my UTI is gone.

For yeast, I was given a pill to insert into vagina to "clean" out the yeast. So far so good la. I now also got yellow discharge but not creamy liao. *YEAH*

Spaghetti wah.. i have stain once on my skirt too! faints.. and worst. it flow to my office chair. -.-" i wipe abit now.. at least it disappear abit.. so peiseh de..

emeraldbride haha i also lazy to eat.. but i eat apple must be big big apple then i eat.. small one i dun eat. lolx. big one more tasty!

piyobaby oh.. hahha hihi nice to see you drop by!

Jappooh oh.. infact i did do business most of the time leh. its hard but not very hard like last time cant come out. hmm maybe im quite blur. forget to eat fruits recently and do my business hehe okai. will take everyday. must die die must! as the doc gave me the bullet to insert its really quite irritating. =( Jappoh maybe its due the weather? maybe the food u eat too ba.. do take care hor. avoid eating heaty food first lor =)

Meredith okaiz.. once i finish my med. if things not good maybe will try that. ^_^ thanks

Back