(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

rachel,
alamak ... really? .. it's airborne. so no amt of hand washing will actually prevent u from getting it once someone in the family has it lar. damn.
like that how to go out??!!! so worried that ppl outside will have it rite? ... sigh. then pass to you or your kids.

Mommies...

Checked with my friend already, she said about 30-32 per pax.
The adult get curry puff and drinks, the bday baby got 1 cup cakes with personalize name on it.

kristalangel,
I suspect my hb has stomach flu. He has been LS-ing since last nite and got fever... Ask him see doc dun wan. He taking care of my ger today.

Litllevic,
If u wanna self collect, I got a few places lar (Redhill or Outram or +/- 1 to 2 stations from NEL outram during my lunch 1-2pm).
happy.gif
post not recommended... cos heavy n bulky wor... I will PM you wat I have ok? If not wrong shld be 10% off from the webby price... Tat was how much we paid Kath during her round of BP.

I think I got at least 2 boxes of Multi-Grain, 2 boxes of Barley. Got so many extra cos iemki0 sold me hers too... if u wan the biscuit or teddy puff I can sell u first...
happy.gif
No prob, cos the teddy puff dun finish so fast one... haha... :p

snowger,

haiya !!! Call him and remind him to be extra clean !! And not to breathe into the baby's face. Or even go too near to her. wear mask.

Lol.

iketarochan/ Tina,
I started with Organic Pasta - cook till very soft then "cut" into smaller pieces. didnt mash (cos he needs to learn how to chew).

now I progress on to ABC pasta (easier no need to cut le since already very small).
I mixed with all the different purees that i cook lor..my personal fav is apple n carrot + some potato =)

same like 2nd bb, i transfer to tupperware then store it in fridge. cant possibly finish the whole pack in 28days

Sam,
Sadly to say, yeah..no amount of handwashing can actually prevent that..when i had it, i washed 2-3 times EVERYTIME i go toilet, but Jordan still get it...sigh..

Dun go out that often lor...now it seems like stomach flu is in 'trend' now? Apart from the H1N1 case...
sad.gif

Snow,
Can i have the HT teddy puff? Not sure if Jordan will like it cos i gave him Heinz teething rusks/ baby biscuits he doesn't really like it le...he can't seem to ustd that biscuit is to eat and not to throw everywhere! How did u start to train Nicole to eat biscuits?

pastillies,
U mean must finish those dried pasta within 28 days??? Opps...I thot just store them in dry and cool place (for me is the fridge). As long as before expiry shld be ok.... :p

Sam,
ya lor... But no mask at home wor...

Jar Food:
I tried this brand called "Only Organic" on my dotter. Cos heinz dun have much selection if I can't buy the beef ones. I tried lamb on her and she seems ok with it... :p

Rach,
U wan ur boi to try first? I can give u a bit (like 5-7 pcs) of sample... :p LOL... Lagi like I am HT sales person lidat... We can meet for lunch!!! HAHA...

For the teddy puffs I give the whole puff to her... If I let her hold, about 50% chance will go in her mouth. So to prevent wastage, I will give it to her directly. If not it goes on the floor (cos she will try to "swing" it out of her fingers). If it drops at home, I pick up and I eat it. For the arrowroots cookie, I will break it in half and let her hold in her hands. LOL, so far the biscuits dun really go in her mouth. Some melted ones go on her face, clothes and the walker (if I put her there to eat)...

snowger: think the box states so leh...but i also dun care, i also just store in tupperware & in fridge
happy.gif

wow, u started ur gal on lamb?? wow, i dun forsee i'll start on lamb cos i dun eat lamb haha so wont buy the meat to cook ;p

i dun mind the HT mixed cereal if u doing a spree/BP. want to let kayson try mixed cereal...now i mixing the HT brown rice one with nestle gold (carnberry n apple flav).
the teddy puffs, does it melt in the mouth?? like those pigeon puffs? ur gal can hold so good..my boy will 'smash" up the pigeon puff that i give him...means i hv to feed him the puff

Eh..anyone advise...when can start on cheese??

Snow,
Wanna meet next week? Boss not around!

U wan facial mask also? I bought those carbon 4-ply masks (after i recovered from stomach flu lar - became so kiasu!) U wan? If we meet for lunch then i pass a few pcs for u? hehe..

Sorry,have been sick this few days,sunday Jake down with stomach flu and monday i got food poisoning...and jake not feeling well..so have been busy taking care of him and myself and no time to log in...lots of things going on...and just started school so sorry for the late confirmation.

here is my confirmation

GYMBOREE TANGLIN MALL BRANCH
Date: 07 Nov
Time: 12.30pm -2pm Duration 1.5hr to 2hrs
Package cost: $370 for 10 babies
Additional babies at $15ea
Average costing: If 25 Babies, it shd be around $23.80 ( exclude cake and food)
** Gymboree will provide goodie bags

Interested:
1) Jlow - Please confirm
2) luthadel (HB, BB & Me)- Confirm
3) Jowinbaby (HB, BB & Me)- Confirm
4) merydith (bb + me + hb) - confirm
5) Esthers (bb+me+hb) - Confirm
6) Pastillies (BB + Me + HB)- Confirm
7) zachmommy (BB + Me + Hb)- Confirm
8) ikeike (bb + me + hb) - Confirm
9) Evanmummy ( bb +me+hb) - Confirm
10) Joanne81 (BB + Me + Hb)- Confirm
11 &12) 2nd bb (bb + elder gal + Me + Maid) - Confirm
13) little_rabbit(BB + Me + Hb)- Confirm
14) Jappooh (Me + BB) - Confirm
15) Fabbie (me + bb + hb) - confirm
16) Phyl (Me +Hayden ) - Confirm
17) izu (hb + me + bb) - Confirm (maid stand outside - hee hee)
18& 19) iemik0 (Me + HB + Elder Son + BB)
20) xuelyn (me + bb + HB) - Confirm
21 & 22) jess (BB + son+ Me + Hb)- Confirm
23) nitestar (BB + Me + Hb)- Confirm
24) Ah Bur (BB + Me + Hb)- Confirm
25) Ivy (BB + Me)- Confirm

Waitlist:
1) Bubblepearl
2) Snowger
3) Xiao Pooh

so can i bring along my friend?so she can help me to look after jake too??

pastillies,
Haha... Last time my aunty cook macaroni for us, she use half pack. the other half she just use rubber band to tie up and put in cupboard. Then use it the next time she cook. And she dun cook it for us often. So far so good. No LS leh... keke...

I think Cheese can start liao. But must be full cream n low in salt... hehe...

Rach,
I dun mind meeting u for lunch. Haha... If meet, then where leh? Plaza Sing? Clarke Quay? Anywhere on NEL is fine... But not beyond PS lar... My lunch time is 1-2pm leh...

Haha... Exchange goods uh? I let ur boi try teddy puff, arrowroot cookies and the teether (kaoz it's damn hard lor. I break half for her tat time. eat 1 hr, the teether is still there.) Bring a small air tight container lar... :p

littlevic...i saw this at the taka fair...hmm..good buy but not sure how u going to hold it onto the floor.

cos at the fair....think they screw it onto the board and when i ask the salesperson how to hold it at home they also have no idea...if it cant be hold onto the floor it is quite dangerous...

Pas,
Our babies can take cheese now already le...i did not let him try any cheese specially for babies, just gave him abit of the 'laughing cow' cheese. He was ok and love it! So total i gave him abt 4 small bits of the cheese.

I'm such a naughty mommy. The other day at Waraku, i gave him a bit of the chawanmushi too. He also loves it (think other than his milk, he is OK with all new food) so i got carried away and fed him almost 1/4 of the chawanmushi cup...

Baby Yoplait- I gave him Baby Yoplait to try out too.. he doesn't really like it as compared to cheese and steamed egg...

hmm, he didn't develop any allergy after the cheese, yogurt and steamed egg, does it mean that he is not allergic to these dairy?

Snow,
I work at paya lebar so dunno where to meet u le...wad abt tanjong pagar? My lunch time is flexible, either 12 to 1 or 1-2pm..

Help! My mum got a new maid.. n Jonas hates her!!! aiyo.. dun let her carry him, nor touch him... scream his head off when she does that...

Rach,
U work at Paya Lebar? Tat's quite far from Tanjong Pagar too!!! U sure u can chiong down? :p

Btw, egg is not diary leh... For steamed egg, a bit dangerous lar cos egg whites are included and are high allergens (there are 3-4 protein types). U will need the baby to take the same items back to back for 4 to 7 days to know if they are allergic to the food or not. Cos the accumulation of the proteins will test their body's acceptance for them.
happy.gif

But then again, our babies are close to 1 yr. For me, I rather not risk it lar...

meet at TP for lunch, count me in! eh but must be 1-2? 12-1 can?

rach, i've been givin my boy the Baby Yoplait, he at first dun like. but i eat in front of him , then he want also! food must "fight" then nicer to eat ah... now he likes it n will finish the whole thing n still want more..

mm ok guess i'll try cheese soon then...

Egg white: ya agree w snowger , i read tt egg yolk ok, but not egg white..

Jowin,
They order themselves, my friend also not sure.
But I guess (guess only) its cup cakes divinity.

The amount 30-32 is total up of the gymboree cost, cup cakes, curry puff and drinks.
The breakdown she also not sure...
She just join and pay.

I also ordering cup cakes from cup cake divine, each cost about 2.80 for my boy bday.

The link is:
http://www.cupcakedivinity.blogspot.com/

Snow/Pas,

I know it's not advisable to give jordan steamed egg now but then my mil keep saying it's ok it's ok, then my hubby also said nvr mind la, since his mom brought them up like that, then it shd be ok...i was like WTF...whatever lor. I just try giving him and see how. Really hate it when these elder ppl poke their nose in how to take care of him..whatever they said all contrary to what the PD/ books say...sigh..

Eh, i can only confirm when i can meet up for lunch if both my bosses are not around..one gg overseas and the other one normally will be on MC one..if both not around, then i have np meeting u gals lor...But i can only confirm at the morning itself, how?

Abo harbour front? Then we can meet Stella and etc there??

How? 12-1 or 1-2?

Rachel,

I also give my boy egg, hard boiled egg, but only egg yolk.
When my neighbour pass by, she say dont give her first, wait till 1 year old.So I stop.

But my friend ever told me, her PD tell her to give the dotter egg yolk, when she was around 7 months le.. So thats why I also try to give my boy.

But most book say introduce only at 1 year old.

Different PD, different point of view is it?

baby yoplait ..

Any bb has ezcema tried baby yogurt? I'm thinking of introducing to Evan but really worried .. don know whether he can take it ??

Snowger/ Rachel,

come come ..to HB .. we can meet for lunch .. and talk and talk .. next wk is gd for me ..

Wanna share the bb pasta? wanna introduce too but the pack is huge and dont think can finish within 28 days ..

Esther
Yea lor, diff PD has different view, it also depends on how much our babies can take it also lor...

Think i will try to give jordan steamed egg again when he is one year old..the rest like yogurt and cheese can continue giving..

Snow/Stella,
I'm ok with HF...Snow u ok? Feel like taking PM leave to go walk walk leh...Can, i dun mind sharing the pasta...Stella the last time u met with other dec moms? Who r they? Wanna invite them also?

Multi-Vit
Wanna ask what kind of multi-vit u give ur babies? I dun usually go to PD unless it's for vaccinations so the PD did not give me any supplements for baby...any recommendations? What abt the Appeton multi-vit for infants?

Haenim Play yard:

hey anyone have Haenim play yard? I'm thinking it'll be safer and easier when my new maid takes care of Evan. he is super active now .. he would crawl the whole house and my place has a lot of harzardous area ..

Rachel, in fact i have lots of question abt the cam leh .. wanna ask how does it function and etc ... and whether can terminate .. so u could show me next wk?

wah, u taking leave .. i cant leh .. vry busy this and next mth .. I don think other dec mummy work around HB leh

any recomendation?

Stella,

You should buy the playmat..But hor, Jordan now likes to crawl everywhere so he doesn't like to be confined at the mat only..so basically the mat is now useless for him lor...I bought my playmat when he was about 3mo...i used to put him on the mat (before he started turning over and crawling)while i rush to toilet etc..so if u buy now, u might not be able to use it for long le...unless ur maid can sit on the mat and feed him porridge etc..

Can la, i bring one of my cam there to show u lor..if we meet next week? Feel free to ask man, i would be glad to answer them if i could..

So how?
1. Get HT buscuits from Snow.
2. Pass Snow the carbon facial masks
3. Bring camera to show Stella
4. Bb pasta- how to share? I bring airtight container also?
5. Eat
6. Talk talk talk..

jowin,
im keen in HT too..let me kn if u organising..

by the way, anyone heard that before 1 yr old we need to give egg white to our child..if not the 1 yr old injection baby need to take at KK n no other PD..

stella, cidney is a super sensitive baby with eczema, she tried yoplait yohgurt (1/3) on sun, within 5mins, small red bumps starts appearing on her forehead, i quickly gave her zrytec, and the bumps subsided but return again at nite, then she had diarrhoea 5 times on mon, took her to PD and PD say first time thats y like that, told me not to feed her yoghurt again...think i'll only ket her try after she's a yr old...

Rachel,

I've the LG playmat lol.. Evan will only sit and play for a while .. he'll crawl around the house now .. I need to confine him in a safe area so the maid could go toilet and do her important stuff .. I rather be safe than sorry .. cos Evan would climb sofa now ..and also my platform .. lol

Bur,

ya i noticed cidney and evan are alike - sensitive skin .. Evan also have red patches all over his mouth area and got worse since he is teething now .. red patches within minutes if he chew on toys ..

sad.gif
guess i cant feed him yogurt then ..

thanks for the info !!

Esthers/Rach,
I went to see my PD recently. Asked her abt multi-vits, she told me since I bf-ing baby will only lack iron n vit c. Since she take semi solids she can gets the vits from there. Among the foods she recommended, she said ok to give egg yolk (but NO egg whites please). If u want to avoid giving any egg whites at all, the safest method is to hard boil then give the hard egg yolk.

Jo,
nvr heard of if give egg white before 1 yr must take jab from KK and not PD...

bur,
Oh no, sounds bad... My girl does not like Yoplait Yohgurt. She only takes the Organic baby one. I heard a lot of babies get allergy aft eating certain batch of yoplait yohgurt leh...

Rach/Stella,
Ok with HF. But my lunch is strictly 1-2pm... So... If u all can do it tat time will be good...

Hi fabbie,

Thanks for ordering the bowl! Transfer the money already. :D Will PM you my address again...

To Account DBS Savings Plus
047-4-018198 Fabbie
Amount S$16.10
Transaction Reference 2445116966

Snow,

I'm fine with 1-2pm..Pas/Stella, u gals?

Oh mommies,
Fabbie told me there is a party at Downtown East on 21st? Can someone refresh my memory?

Hi everyone,

Long time no post already.. but still reading la.. hope everyone is doing okie? Read that you all are planning baby's 1st bday. Sounds like so much fun! Rem to post pix on facebook hor.. hahaha i love brousing thru all the photos. :D

Just to share about food... my gal dont really like yohgurt le. I tried yoplait and organic one. Anyway she started on cheese (only 'hard' cheese like cheddar) since 7-8mths and she really love that. She will eat the cubes for snack and when i cook it in different dishes, like beef pasta, baked cheesy rice or mash potato/califlower w cheese, she slurp it all up. I think she likes savoury things like her Mami :p

Stella,
I not too sure where to get alr cos the last time I checked the place dun seem to stock it anymore... Sigh...

Stella,

I got it off one of the supermarket (Coles) here out in the Melbourne's suburbs. I've only saw it once or twice.. but anyway Avery doesnt like it..

ORganic yoghurt:
Damn difficult to get in Singapore. I heard it's common in States n Australia.
happy.gif

Stella, u still wan to give Evan yoghurt? I thot he's super sensitive leh?

Crabbieong,
Suppose to let bb eat cheese with lower salt content. I read somewhere that cheddar cheese and cream cheese are low in salt content. The usual kraft singles those are pretty salty so I won't give them to my bb.
happy.gif

Pastillies,
U buy organic ABC pasta or the Macar one? Last time they use to have (those blue packing ones) but now like diff to find... :'(

Tina,

I think hard cheese in moderate amounts are fine. Good source of calcium. Esp if like my gal, doesnt like to drink milk. The nurses here highly recommend it but not 'soft' cheese (e.g. feta, brie).. there are also low-salt version or cheese for kids but strictly it is no no for low-fat or processed ones (e.g. sandwich cheese etc). I usually just buy one whole block of cheddar for the whole family and shaves bits off to add to my gal's food.
happy.gif

My Gym
$530 for 1st 20bb & $15 for every additional bb. $100 discount if we sign up bdae package in Sept. Food & cake not provided. Seems cheaper by abit. Hehe.

Jowin
Any news from Gymboree? Seems like diff outlets seems to work differently as they r juz franchise.

YPG
Stomach flu cant b prevented. U nv know if d person beside u hav it anot.

Snowger
Hehe. Sundae den u pass mi $ for d HT cereal la. U taking all 4 boxes? :p

Back