(2008/11) November 2008

mummy2nia..
ya, true..as long as we remain positive i m sure it will be worth all effort..but i m touched that alot of colleagues sms me & even walked over to ask if i m fine..so at least i know that there are pple that care..thks..thks..

Ah lian, mine has still been quite regular, 28-30 days cycle. only haywired once last dec when i had 2 periods in a mth.
happy.gif

Fifi,
CONGRATS and pls rest more
happy.gif

Lian,
Not regular after give birth..

Wtan,
hope that u feel better now, dun worry too much and stay positive!

Fifi,
Congrats!!! Do rest well and take care.

Lian,
My period has been regular.

Happy,
Hope ur kids have fully recovered.

Joyce,
I'm having blocked duct for several days liao. How to clear ah? BFing super painful during first few days, i kept latching but now still got a lump.

ah lian
my mense came after i stop BF, 1st mth i have it twice a month.. after tat my cycles are between 30-37 days...

lilian..
when i was trying for Brod, my menses will come by very early & short cycle..like 20-25days..but now it's more regular..28days or 30days.. + i know i m REALLY ovulating..previously i wasnt according to dr koh..

do u know i actually went back to see dr koh as i told him that i was trying since i stopped bfg when Mav was 6mths old..so even when dr koh gave me clomids for 2 rounds, it doesnt work for me..i even bot the ovulation test kit also no results..i gave up as it was near to CNY & i wanted to slim down..so i took some slimming pills..then right 1 day aft i missed, i got a STRONG feeling..i tested & it's positive..then i do not believe it & waited for 2 more days to test a 2nd time, also positive, then i waited for 2 more days & tried testing 3rd time, indeed it's a +..

joyce..
ya..slightly better..thks..thks..

babyzel..
how come suddenly got blocked ducts..must be very painful..aa..even if u use massage or warm towel also cannot relieve ah? oh dear..dun tell me must use needles poke?

Wtan,
I burst the milk blister liao and it became even more painful when latched on. Super pain but i just endured and latch on more.... haiz....

Wtan,
Forgot to answer ur question, R didn't latched on as much and emptied them well enough during the festive period. That's why ba.

Wtan,
huh? U saying the slimming pills helped u in ovulating?
How did Dr Koh chk if u were ovulating?

Now my cycle is short, like 23-27 days
sad.gif
Wasting my eggs cos i m not trying yet!

Wtan: Gosh ur boss sucks man...but at least ur colleagues sound nice. Hope things get better for u at work! Indeed stressful to manage work and our kids at the same time yah :x

Fifi: Pls rest more ok!!

Lilian: My menses quite irregular hmm. How do we know if we are ovulating ah hee..mabbe shld get the kit too. Heard that if 'aim' for girls, there is some timing issue with the ovulation period :p

Question!! Can i also ask if u gals still feeding milk through Bottles?? Read in a mag that have to wean babies off bottles by 18 mths and shld drink from cups instead. But I see many toddlers still drinking from bottle leh. Mabbe more of convenience for parents too?? :p

glad girl, mine still drinking milk from bottle. was wondering if i should train him to use the cup to drink milk too... do u forsee a prob? i was wondering too...

Lilian: my menses now very regular now esp using the patch thing.. the moment i removed my patch after 3 days, my menses come. actually i very fertile one.. so patch safer for me.. me stupid in counting ovulation.

glad glad: mine also still through bottles lei.. mine still don know how to use straw.. he drink from cup better.. only water.. but milk i don think so.. i think take times and i feel bottle easier, no spill

fifi
Congrats to u
happy.gif

Bear
ya...my SIL is having no.3
Is a sept bb
happy.gif
so happy for her...

Finally, can stop eating cny goodies...
just a few days...i can see fats and having tummy again...must really control my diet liao...
Slim down takes so long and turn fat can be so fast....haiz...fats go away pls...lol~

Mummies,
pls support my new products on hair accs:
www.rainbowcandybaby.weebly.com

glad gal: My gal uses milk bottle to drink milk bcos lying own mah so how to use cup to drink when lying down..LOL

Actually no rules when to wean off one..my gal using bottle with straw when 10 mths old now still se waterbottle to drink water sometimes cup oso...

Minky: Hmm i guess not big problem per se but I think is something which needs to wean our children off gradually otherwise they get too attached? The mag article i read said if keep continuing to bottle feed, the child's teeth will be in prolonged contact with milk or juice and that can cause cavities. I am also guessing that is good that weaning starts early & gradually, coz if next time they go cc/school, they must also learn how to drink milk/juice on their own using cups and can't always lie down and drink from bottles rite..
ANyway, the article recommended to start from the afternoon milk feed, coz toddlers tend to be more attached to their morning and night bottle feeds
happy.gif

Lynn: Hee the article i read said that parents n children are both attached to the bottle!!

Soho: yah lor..lying down needs a bottle rite and somehow kids seem to get used to lying down & drink..

morning mummies...

~yawn~
my lil boy is teething now, molar erupting.. having fever, and dun want to sleep.. dunno y after the fever med he very hyper.. last night slept at 11pm, woke up at 12+ and dun wan to sleep till 4am.. faint.. lucky my hubby help me to jaga him.. ;(

Good Morning Mummies!!!

Congratulations fifi....!!!

See ppl preggy really makes 1 feels like getting preggy again, but i think at the moment I will like to think of my career first. Might wan to move out of my comfort zone.

<font color="0000ff">Congrats Fifi! Take care &amp; more rest
happy.gif

hmm...seeing all our Nov thread mommies preggie again, reminds me of my preggie time, sort of miss it =P but don't think we can handle another little 1 yet (-_-)''

Ali, go try the ML with bb massage 1 leh then tell us if she is gd...kekeke</font>

ah Lynn,
my girl also no know how to suck straw. alamak.

Here's a method i googled dio:
Step 1: Place the straw into the cup containing the liquid.
Step 2: Cover the top of the straw with the tip of your finger. This should keep the liquid in the straw when you pull it out of the cup.
Step 3: Hold the straw at a slight upward angle from the child's mouth and then place it on his lips. Keep the straw at a slightly vertical angle.
Step 4: Release your finger from the top of the straw as the child closes his lips around it, allowing the liquid to flow into his mouth.
Step 5: Repeat the process again. If your child was successful with the first attempt, lower the straw until it is horizontal to his lips and follow the prior steps. If he is successful with the straw at a horizontal level, lower it to just slightly below his lip and repeat the prior steps.
Step 6: Put the straw back into the cup, place the straw on his lips and tell him to take a sip. Your child should now be ready to drink from a straw.
.... Will try it tonight if have chance.

"Foreign worker levies are going up for both Work Permit and S-Pass holders. The increases will be phased in gradually over the next three years."
Does this applies to domestic helper too?

Hi All, need some advice for my Nov 08 baby girl:-

1) Looking for toddler car seat - must be cotton (daughter feels hot otherwise), between S$100-S$200. I'm inundated with choices when I go to the baby stores at Kaki Bukit. Also it seems that some of the sales people there are promoting items that they enjoy bigger commissions on. Is it value for money to get a Maxi Cosi at S$200+ or can a cheaper toddler car seat work as well? What brands carry cotton car-seats for up to about 3.5 to 4years?

2) Staying in the Bedok/Tanah Merah area. Looking for a childcare centre to send daughter to in a few months' time. Any recommendations? When I go around to the childcare centres, what should I be looking out for (besides the obvious low child to teacher ratio, warm friendly loving teachers, good discipline, clean healthy environment)? Are there any church-run childcare centres in this area?

3) Also looking for a new maid and agency. Thinking of getting a Sri Lankan maid as I heard that they can speak quite good English (Filipinos can probably speak better but I want someone without the attitude/boy friends..etc) Is my assessment of Sri Lankan maids correct? Otherwise, thinking of getting a Myanmese maid as a contingency. Any recommendations on agency? Any thoughts on 121 Personnel - have read many good reviews but anyone with personal experience in dealing with them?

I have so many things to put in place before I return to work, so I would appreciate any advice, ideas or recommendations on the above.

Lilian: i m also wondeing if if also applies for maids..sigh...if it does its added burden then it discourages ppl to have kids

hope no increase levy for my maid..

bringing Trysten to MMR for tonight.. hehe..

JJmom
yeah, i booked the massuer with bb massage liao.. will keep all updated on result after i deliver.

Hi Kiki,
please update for Hugo
11.85kg, 79cm

Hugo had taken MMR + Chicken pox, the PD said will need to take another round in his 18th months, i think maybe will take Pneumococcal when he turns 2yrs old bah

ah lian, where u read this statement from ah? actually i was jus browsing the straits times and nothing mentioned abt increased levy for domestic workers so it shd be right! heng heng heng

Bbzel,
Oh, poor thing. try to massage using a warm towel and pump or latch after that. Sometimes it takes a few days to clear totally. Rmb to always massage first before u latch R or pump
happy.gif

Jynnsan,
How come need to take another round in 18mths? I tot only 1 jab? And also how much is the jab (MMR+chicken pox)? Tnks so much cause thinking of giving my girl combine or separate jab.

fifi: take care! i had those symptoms 2 yrs ago as well.

mummies, bear asked me to organise a kite outing. who wants to go? think will be around sengkang or punggol.

MMR jab. btw, the fever for this does not come till 1 week later so if u all brot your babes for it this week, still need to monitor.

kiki duck: u well already?

got to go back to work. boss caught me on facebook yesterday &amp; gave me a shelling. alamak :p

babyzel..
wah..sssii..it must be painful to burst the milk blister..r u getting better? maybe u got to try to express them out for time being if the nipples are really getting sore..at least u can "control" the suction rather than her latching..aa..in case she's teething at this point, she might "suck" harder?

lilian..
aa...i think i hv some "excess" fats at the tummy area that's "blocking" me getting preggy..aa...if not hw come aft 2 rounds of clomid, scanning &amp; also using the ovulation test kits nothing works? he was also saying that maybe my body still have milk la..coz i told him when i was bathing, i will squeeze the nipples to chk if there's still milk la..haha..aa..but i doubt so leh..he ask me to go back to him ard day 12-15 aft i took the 1st round of clomid when my menses came..then he scan to see if i m ovulating..when not, he asked me to test on the ovulation test kits lo...2 rounds means 2 mths but still nothing leh..so i dropped the idea &amp; gave up having #2..maybe u can consider trying in a few mths time &amp; see hw things goes? aft i stopped bfg Mav at 6mths old, i tried all the way for close to 10mths+ also nothing leh..so right aft i "stopped" trying totally, that mth (feb) we just did it as usual..right aft i missed 1 day, i got a strong feeling..then i tested using clearblue &amp; BINGO! i was puzzled and waited for 2 more days, used watson one to try, +, then i do not believe it, waited for another 2 more days, tried again 3rd time, + also..then i m sure..but i keep mum till 1 wk later then hubby "caught" me..haha..it was stressful coz he was "tracking" if i am having AF!
so when i wanted #2 soo badly, i do not hv it..when i gave up totally, he came by a surprise..it was really heartwarming to have him (Brod)..

glad_gal..
thks..thks..got to endure for time being..hopefully it was bcoz he was stressed up by CEO..but there again..he's almost awaz on a bad mood one..haha..maybe also he has missed 3 times in promotion so all the more he's "kan-cheong" on the performance ba..btw, when i make milk in Brod's water cup, he wont drink alot or rather not finished it unlike his milk bottle leh..aa...i do not hv the intention to start him on cup now la..maybe later ba..

<font color="ff6000">#3..</font>
lately hubby kept pestering me that he hoped to have a girl but i told him so many times that i m not going for #3..really tired of repeating..not sure if hubby is trying to tease me into another kid..then hear abt condoms not 100% whc i also agree..i m very scare leh..
coz i really do not want any "possible accidents"..just as when i want to stop at 2, i know this time round i m ovulating &amp; indeed i was right..aft my 1st round of menses when i totally stopped bfg, i went back to my gynae for a review for pap smear chks..then he did a scan for me to chk if all is ok &amp; indeed i was ovulating..i told him when i wanted to hv #2, i got nothing then when i do not want another kid, there gynae told me that i m ovulating...somehow i became alittle "reluctant" when hubby wants to BD..

RCB! piang. i scrolled back donno how many archives to find the list for our sichuan food dinner outing 2 yrs ago. anyway, copied it below. pls feel free to add ur names &amp; convenient dates.

Nov 2008 mummies [number] gathering:
kite flying
Date: 28 Feb, 6 Mar, 7 Mar, 13 Mar, 14 Mar
Time: 4.30pm

1) Olwen (prefer saturdays)
2) RCB
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

ok, back to work otherwise will kena scolded again.

btw, what r mummies giving your 15 mth olds for breakfast? mine r still on healthy times. trying to give more children like food but they don't like bread. how? zel gives R babynat but tt is expensive.

eh... yday's kite flying was a failed mission =( duno y .. hb said the kite problem... -_-" try many times &amp; wont go up.. ERMMM... in the end Trysten enjoyed crawling on the grass &amp; pulling the grass ...lolz

wtan, some of ur abbreviations too chim for me. haha..
Oh, didn't know u tried for Brod for some time. A lot of things is not under our control hor. When we want, we dun get. When we give up, it just come.
Some ppl tried all means to get preg, but when they do, sad things happens... like m/c or hub having affairs.
U r veri lucky to have 2 beautiful kids now, somemore u r still young! Maybe consider #3 some time later?
Due to do my pap smear chkup w Dr Koh. Trying to schedule it together w kayla's jab.

Olwen, u went to dig t archives? I m sure ur eyes all blur now!

Back