(2008/11) November 2008

happy, there wasnt any warning. Only realise two big bosses go office late, leave early and doing nothing in the office. Our division was doing very bad ... no business at all.

hi mummies,

vaccination:
I read that some of yur bb have fever after injection, which injection is that?

BB bday is 29th Nov...has gone for her 1st mth inj, will be going for her 3rd mth inj end of the month...the health booklet say is what polio & DTPa/HiB vaccine..but i know there is this 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 jabs..what are these ah? anybody can share?

Cos the following monday after the PD visit which is a friday, i will be going back to work..if there is risk of bb having fever aft jab then maybe i should adjust my PD visit earlier

Very sad day...so many colleagues got retrenched and immediate notice! Still no news from my dept. Everyone left behind is in tension and stress, dunno who is the next victim. Most of those chosen are the old birds, so many yrs of colleagues. Sigh!

Hello ladies!

So many interesting issues u guys are discussing abt!

Re: Maid
I have to disagree with some of the points brought up here. first, it is silly to stereotype maids. Its like saying all s'porean employers are stingy, fussy, want the most out of their money and distrustful (are u one of them?). some of us have positive experience with our maids, other don't have. it doesn't mean all maids from a certain nationality are to be avoided. Let's not put down a hard and fast rule ya? sometimes, the employers are also at fault.
happy.gif
I was brought up by maids, Thai and Sri lankans. My mum trained them very well so i nv had maid probs. My current maid is only 1 wk plus old but already my mum likes her. she takes the initiative to do work, don't talk to strangers etc. and she is a Filipino. She is some what fat BUT guess wat she eats for lunch? Just biscuits! her rice intake is waaaay lesser than mine. if she could, she will eat biscuits for all 3 meals.

As for language probs, u can't really blame them for not being able to speak perfect Eng. After all we can't speak their native language. I feel that just becos we pay the money doesn't give us the right to treat them like 2nd class citizens.
happy.gif

Having said everything,there are of cos black sheep around like Dreamyjo's. There are also horrible employers like the lady in the papers today. so let's give every maid a chance, and not judge them by other ppl's experiences ok?

Re: Pacifier
Edde, ya i read abt this before but i tot it affects more of those breastfed mums.
happy.gif
nv thought bottle fed babies would be the same cos milk flow from bottles are easier. Hope ur bb continues to drink more milk.

Shopforstuff, the cake was abt $280 for 2kg. From Patisser.

Re: savings account
I was doing that today!!! heh! i went to visit Standchart, DBS and UOB to ask them abt their junior saving acc. Standchart offers the highest interest rate of 0.4% (still pathetic) but u need to make a min contribution of $50 a mth. POSB and UOB give u the choice of an atm card. i guess u gotta look and see and compare around.. aft talking with hb, we thought of just buying bluechip shares instd of depositing money in a bank acc.
happy.gif

Jo, oh dear.. what a big piece of bad news. what's ur next move?

Re: solids
Yups the later u introduce the better it is for ur bb's immune system. the no. 1 allergen (the particle that causes allergies) in infants is... *drum roll* cow's milk. allergies might not manifest now but later in life. Like me, i m allergic to 78 different things but my symptoms only manifested at 7 yrs old.
happy.gif

Alibaba,
In that case, you got to guai guai go back if not your colleagues won't be too happy. My office is in Tanjong Pagar but i travel around, don't need to be in office everyday.

Jo,
Sorry to hear abt ur co closing.. Like so many bad news for mummies going back after ML. Hope things will better for u soon.

Thanks for all ur concern.
happy.gif

I jus started searching for jobs online ... really hope to hear some good news from job agencies. Although I will be receiving retrenchment package but times are so bad, quite worrying abt not able to find a job within these few mths.

pacifier: guess pacifier affect bb ... realise my bb seems to be fussing during feeds ever since he is on pacifier? I even try to buy Friso Soy, thinking that he dont like milk powder .. but he still fuss.

All mummies with bb fussing during feed, are ur babies on pacifier too? Thats why they fuss during feed?

maid: My maid has been with us since August 08. Though sometimes can see she not happy cos MIL nags too much .. but overall .. she really take care of my bb well as well as doing great job at home.

jo
yah my bb on pacifier.. i tried not giving in to her jus now but she cried until i can't tahan so in e end stil pop into her mouth.. -_-
seems like she really prefer tasteless stuff like pacifier and water, strange baby..
On one hand i really wan to test weaning her off pacifier but on e other hand it is something really helpful.. eg when outside tt is the one thing that can keep her mouth shut when she cries.. so i also v maodun lei

happy
noted with thanks.thats a good piece of info. btw, any article to read up?

jynnsan/jo
thats bad ho. think im affected too coz got preg after i join this company or a few months only and my job requires me to travel which i reduced. so must start looking arnd liao

bear
thanks. very ex ho but very very very nice lo. is the cake good? or just look nice?

how did you know what you are allergic too? thats a good thing to know

mummy
what i did was use the milk bottle, fill in some warm water...then roll over the injection area...dont leave it on the same spot too long..roll and roll..so that the medicine will spread fast...coz the medicine concentrate on 1 area so pain lo..

peanut, dun give in to the baby! my baby underwent cold turkey for 2 days! cried until very cham but i insisted in not giving. she cldnt sleep coz she kept searching for pacifier (can guess coz she kept sweeping her fists across her mouth), end up we hv to carry her to coax her to sleep. after 2 days of cold turkey, today she is ok liao. persevere ok!
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
my boy finally recover liao.. When's gonna be the next meeting, I want to go!

I'm currently feeding him only FM. But its more tiring then feeding him BM lor.. When he was still on BM, sometimes it can last him 2-3 hrs. But FM he can 1 hr later wake up to drink! I'm scared I'm overfeeding him so tryin to make him drink water in between. He's feeding 70ml-100ml each time. Any mummies can tell me is it normal? And he hasn't been sleeping well lor. So like every hr i have to attend to him, very tiring n i cant do my own things.. Any one can help me???? What should I do?

MOrning mummies!!

Jo, yup~ the job market isn't that good now.. been looking thru the job portals for a week liao but hardly any jobs available =/ haiz~ I "nui" for too long liao, really gonna get a job soon..

jynnsan, *pray* that you are not affected =)

sabre, feeding him 70-100ml every hr?? well, for my gal, if she wakes up and it's not even her feeding time, i will talk to her w/o carrying her else if she cries i will carry but w/o feeding her.. unless it's her feeding time else i will not feed her(sometimes just plain water), soon ur BB's body clock will turn to 3hrs feeding time in the day =) and will sleep better coz fuller stomach ma =P

My gal intake is ard 160-180ml each feed... maybe coz she sleeps 8-12hrs throughout the night so tend to drink more when she's awake.. eventually per day she's drinking ard 800-850ml.. for a 3.5mths (wk 16) BB isit alright?? In fact, she's been drinking this amt since 2.5mths till now, not much of a change..

Sabre, Jenn:
My baby is now taking approx 120ml per feed x 5-6 feeds a day. She is mainly fed on demand except for the 8pm and 11pm feeds which I will feed her regardless of whether she is hungry already or not (latch on). Let her drink as much as she can drink in preparation for sleeping through the night. She lasts 3-4 hours between feeds in the day. She should be about 5.7-6kg now so this amount is ok.

gd morning mummies~

bear> wat's bluechip share??

sabre> could it be growth spurt? bb tends to drink more at tis stage.. me too oso only give milk to bb when it's about time which is 3hr apart.. now he drink 120ml per feed 3hrly in the day.. & 6-7feed per day.. we'll slowly increase more ml if he fuss for milk early. still Drag til feeding time by giving water or play with him..

jenn/jo> good luck in ur job hunting! hopefully my company can pull through... though there is alot of cutting cost ongoing...

krystel,
is ur playtex liner 8oz? how much are you selling it? i will check how much more i am left with coz i might need another box soon.

joyce and babyzel,
i am only pumping once at work as I am only back at work for half days now for the remaining of my ML. so i am pumping once to coincide with my baby's feeding time.

Sabre,
my baby is taking 120ml EBM once a day, seems ok. She is now 12 weeks. I have yet to take her weight, but she is still pooping everyday and she seems relaxed and happy so i guess thats good. i guess amount of milk really depends on each individual baby.

oh ya! i would love to see the photos too!! anyone emailing it out?? =D

Morning mummies!

Jo,jenn,
Ya.. market is very bad now.Not much jobs avail.I have been searching for the past 2 mths.Sent in dun knw hw many CV but onli gets to go interview once.
My fren who is a recruitment consultant told me tat one position dun knw hw many applications.Her mailbox is FULL every day with applications.She cant finish browsing thru all the CV but to jus 'PICK'.So if we are 'pick' then is realli strike '4d' liao. Haaa
Hope we can find a job real soon! I been 'nui' for sooooo long too.Else i realli going to become a yello wife!

Kash,alibaba,& ?? (Think there is 3 camera rite?)
Send the photos to me! I love to see them too!

Sabre,
Your boy's milk intake could be affect bcoz he is nt feeling well?

happy,
not my camera.. i took my camera out. but in the end nv use it.. haha.. cos too many camera is waiting to take..

i wanna see the pic too!!

alibaba, thanks =) hope ur company will pull thru too..

happy, i worked in recruitment line for few yrs liao.. ya~ sometimes really too many resumes i will open n screen thru real fast, if nothing impressive i will close n process to read the others =P can have over 200 mails a day de.. lol~ i have went for 3 interviews in recruitment agencies and all told me to wait awhile coz having change of recruitment plans and they have lots of other ppl to interview as well.. *faintz*

Hi mummies, I'm from the sept thread.

Have 2 BN packs of PAMPERS ACTIVE STAGES SMALL 58S to sell off as dd have outgrown it. For self collection at Bt Panjang/CCK/Yew Tee area. If interested pls pm me. Thanks!

Hey mummies good morning
It was a nice gathering we had this Tues
happy.gif
So many mummies that I never met before. Sorry I didn't manage to talk to a few of U. Too bad I had to leave earlier.

<font color="0000ff">Babyzel</font>
Thanks for helping me with settling the bill. I owe U $ now.

<font color="0000ff">Jo</font>
Sorry to hear about yr co situation? It's really bad times now. I will pray for U that U can find a suitable job soon.

Any mummies considering a career change to Healthcare? So far I know healthcare is still hiring can considered to be trained as a nurse, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, etc. Also nowadays childcare centres needs lots of childcare teachers, can also consider that.
http://app2.wda.gov.sg/web/Common/homepage.aspx

So is teaching? - mainstream School Teachers under MOE.
http://www.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/

Jo,
hope u'll find a new job soon.

Bluebear,
w/o related qualification can join HealthCare line? I'm thinking of changing... now in manufacturing which is really bad....

There will be a career preview for nursing held on 7 February 2009. It will be held in One Marina Boulevard at NTUC Auditorium, level 7 from 8.30am to 12.30pm. Please bring along your NRIC and a photocopy of your academic transcript of your highest qualification to the career preview.

I copied from the website
happy.gif

R- is a big stress now not for me but hubby cause he at Manufacturing line his dept is R 50% of staff strength n no compensation. I work in HealthCare so not affected.

Beside R , I am stress over my Maid &amp; my baby who have been sick for 6weeks..haiz. Today c PD again he say last try if still not better have to be on antibodtics. N I am starting work next week, also have this fear that my Maid will up to something.

Maid- Current maid cannot be trusted liao. I treat her so good like my family member till she climb over my head. All my friends &amp; relative feel that character will never change, internity overrule her performance, ask me to C for myself. But still decide to give her a chance based on her performance &amp; if send back now very poor thing for her also. I tell her before she steal anything again, think how hard she make her way here. If 1 more time I will send her to airport, N she make sure she dont cry &amp; pleased me to forgive her.

Then yesterday I backside itcy came out with this ideal of borrowing her a hp, then she buy a pre-paid sim card so that can sms her family. When I told my hubby got a scolding from him saying that she steal our things instead not punishing her &amp; we are giving her more stuff. I have to keep reminding myself to be more strict. Haiz I can never be a good boss lo, cause I dont remember overnight hrate der.

Btw those have maid, wat the diff of sending to agency &amp; airport back to indonesia? Do I have to pay daily agent fee for parking my maid there till she found next employer?

lilian /bluebear
tot to be childcare teachers etc need at least a certificate/dip in pre-school training (CPT or DPT) something like that....

Hi Mommies,

Have been looking at al your post since am pregnant till now baby is born. Have heard many interesting stories.. would hope if I can join you ladies in this forum.

cheers
Lin

vincy
my boy has flu b4 cny and last for 8days...went to see pd twice. 1st time no antibio bu cough seems to be worse so i went again and he gave antibio coz say duno wat i 4got liao...then got better..but now like still got little cough..duno is it he keke or getting sick again coz cny many ppl sick 2 and we go house visiting too...

better to treat cough b4 it becomes bronchitis

Insurance for baby
Hi mummies, anyone here bought insurance for baby already? care to share what type of insurance is good? I only got my shield plan for bb.

Lynn,
u are welcome to this forum!

Shop4stuffs/Vincy,
my baby also down with flu plus a bit of cough b4 CNY. PD didnt prescribe antibiotics and has recover after abt 1 wk.. Hv to monitor them cause they are still young.. As for insurance, i think can only buy after they turn 3mths right?

Lin, welcome =D

shop4stuffs, i have bought my primecare from AXA (1st 6 mths free coz i have FBI when i delivered in TMC)and also buying from prudential the upgrade version of medishield..

welcome lynn

joyce> thks for the update. i tink i go back home &amp; check my email 1st.

jenn> how do u activate the 1st 6mth free insurance? i oso have FBI. but til now i nv do anytin yet... u called up AXA?

alibaba, AXA called me up when i was ard 7mths pregnant to talk abt the free plan wor.. u nv recieve any calls??? If u want I can ask the agent in charge of my plan to call u.. anyway, the plan cheap cheap only so I just sign a letter to ask them to continue the plan even after 6 mths is up lor.. ( a few dollars per mth)

jynnsan, hope u wont get affected by the retrenchment in ur co.

jenn &amp; happy, hope we all can find a job real soon.

Can I see the gathering photo also?

do you allow your baby to watch TV? I am observing his eyes and am a bit worry that he will have "cock eye" problem.....hopefully i am over reactive or imagination...

Thanks all, today i think phase 1 retrenchment end, i haven't receive any letter (hopefully will not), was told that if company still not doing well, phase 2 will happen, then most probably will be in the list. Some of them who left said it is always better to be phase 1 to be ask to leave because the company will offer a better package, those who are left behind will not be offer good package because by then the company will be poorer and poorer. Not sure if this is true. TImes are bad.

jenn> actually i did meet up with the agent before bb deliver.. but i tot they need the bb full details.. so far til date i did not get any follow up... so i duno if the insurance is valid or not.. haha.. i am so ignorant...

alibaba,
then give the agent a call and jus provide them the bb details.Anyway is free for 6 mths mah.
If the plan is due &amp; you dun wan, then source for others lo.

&amp; now bb aready almost 3mth old.. hahah. quite stupid hor.. to call up for another 3mth free coverage..

hi mummies.. how are all of u doing??..

Just say goodbye to Bear, Fifi and bluebear.. thanks to all mummies for the kind thoughts and gestures!!

Just to update on my little bb... when we thot things were looking better after my bb being transferred to general ward finally last week, wonder issit due to change of environment or what.. he began to have vomit, diarrhoea and weight loss.. then need to be on drip.. poked again and again coz either the hand or leg gets swollen... this morning his drip dropped and doc re-poke him again, for the 5th time on his right hand..

Now doc had inserted a tube into his mouth going to his stomach for milk feeding continously, hopefully he can absorb more.. and most imptly to put on weight else can't go home.

He's getting more yellowish too due to the side effects of the nutrients via his bloodstream but doc had off it, so hopefully his liver can recover on its own but doc say need couple of mths.. so need to do blood tests frequently to check

I really was looking forward to going home with him after coming down to general ward.. but now.. don't know when can liao.. but maybe he needs more time..

How was the gathering? WHAT A pity I unable to join.. must be fun?? when little L is well again, will bring him gather with all the nov babies!!

alibaba, happy, ya lor, call the agent up.. she asked me to msg her when I have delivered so that she will fix an appt with me to get my gal's documents like birth cert, health booklet etc... in fact, all these can only be done after ur BB passes 1mth of age.. now can still call e agent up de.. the 6mths should start from the day they confirmed your plan =)

Enne, will continue praying for ur boy =D Jia you!! take care!

Back