(2008/11) November 2008

happy/poohbeary

yap, my boy have been taking friso since birth.. dunno is it caused by the FM? headache..

haru/mosh

hahha.. my boy oso cried like being tortured.. scream at the top of his voice.

hi mums:

Bear, I got your email. try to reply u soon.

Carol: i'm curious, r u catholic? if so, which church do u go to?

so many maid problems. i just sent back my fatso 2 weeks ago & her replacement requested to stop working for us 4 days after coming. man...

here's a funny pix to lighten the atmosphere. of my no. 4, taken & arranged by his evil kor kor. now i think i shd give luke a red indian name, little "3 fish on the head".

2070244.jpg

Olwen,
It so cute.
happy.gif
Time flies, Luke already so big. Image the last time when you told us of him so tiny small when born.

Cutiemun/happy/poohbeary;
I was told by my friend that her PD commented that Friso will cause phlegm. Her PD told her to switch to Enfalac and her bb phlegm cleared up with a week so you may want to consider changing FM for a try.

Kash,
You have to start her with a short straw such as from Yakult that kind. If the straw is too long, their lung is not strong enough to contain the necessary air to suck the water from the cup through the long straw.

By the way,Is your gal already toilet trained? Mine is 17 months old and since her walking is already quite stable this month, want to start her on potty training. But the problem is she refused to sit on the potty/toilet bowl. She will just struggle to stand up the minute I seat her down and then pee on the floor. So frustrated

Hi mummies,
Just wondering, whenever I give my boy EBM he's only taking 40-60mls. Feeding around 1-2hrs. Is it too little?? And seems like ur babies are all not sleeping as much in the day, but he is still sleeping as much leh.. He's going to be 2 months this weekend and still on TBF.

hi nov mummies,

i'm mommy fr dec thread, i read thru ur posting & found out tat some of ur bb already sleeping thru the nite (abt 12am - 6am), how u all do that? u trained them? my bb is coming to 6wks old but still wake up every 2.5-3hr every nite for feeding, if i direct BF worst still coz he will woke up 1.5-2hrs... so any mummy here who on total latch on & ur bb still can sleep thru / longer during nite time?

Hello!!!

Re: Enne
I have replied the emails, saved BabyZel, cos i haven't got ur transfer.
happy.gif
Please rem to do the necessary by this Fri ok?

Re: phelgmy sound
Eh, my boy also has it, and he is on one feed of Friso then. Even if he drinks EBM he still has that sound. I checked with the PD and there is a reason for it. Our bbs' trachea (windpipe) isn't hard yet. hence sometimes, the trachea will collapse partially, causing the wheezing sounds. Unless ur bbs have a cold or upper respiratory tract infections or ur PD says it is, it is unlikely that the sounds u hear is phelgm. don't worry ya?

Re: slping through the night
I need help!! my boy is slping 7-8 hrs stretches at nite now. i know i shd be happy but his last feed is 7.30-8 (tried to delay from 7.15 liao). that means he wakes up at 3-3.30am!! my prob is how to push the last feed back? i tried to delay last night, he got so cranky that he puked up his 7pm feed. in the end still slpt till 2.30am. sigh...

Jes, may be u wanna express ur BM so that u know how much ur bb is slping. u can give a bit more so that he slps longer. but dun expect ur boy to do it even if u give more. cos it happens on its own. My bb surprised me at 6 wks.. may be u wanna wait a bit longer?

Re:maid
U guys scary stories are really putting me off getting one.. sigh!!!

jes:
Sleeping through the night is normally defined as from 12mn to 5am (5 hours). Babies should get this ability sometime when they are about 2-3 mths old (some earlier, some later).

My baby started sleeping longer on her own. No training. However, like Bear's son, her 5 hours sleep happens to be from from about 8 or 8.30pm. Which means she wakes at 1-2am. Pengz.

jynnsan

my baby is down with runny nose and cough..poor thing ley....cough until milk also come out...burp until milk come out too...hhh....sad
sad.gif

bear, fifi,
really no need training & they will auto sleep thru soon? i remember my #1 only sleep thru when he was 8 mths old so i'm kind of worry if same thing will happen again... nite feeding really killing one, so far 4hrs straight is the longest that i had & it was only happened once only!!! & i find that one feeding between 12-5am still ok compared to 2 or more... haizz

Hi Mosh,

I think your bb is like mine. He is currently 8 wks old. Since 6 wks, he started to drink 120 ml and also cry for milk every 2 to 2 1/2hr. I am worried that he is overfed so I feed him with water in between to lengthen the gap between the feedings.

But I check with PD last wk and she said that my bb is just a big bb. He is 5.6kg at wk 8 and 57cm. PD said if the bb does not throw up, it is fine to feed him whenever he demands the milk. So what is your bb's weight & length, if she is quite big I think it should be fine.

Sabre,
if i give EBM i normally give about 100-110ml. but now i am doing total latch coz saving my EBM for when i need to return to work.

olwen,
wow!! Luke has grown so much!!

Hi Jes,

My bb is just 7wks...i latch on bb except for 1 bottle feed via EBM...she is drinking around 110-120ml...day time drink avg 3hr...night time she sleep longer, 3-5 hrs stretch...but the longer stretch is usually in the early evening like 8 to 12 lor...so end up i still gotto wake around twice after 12mn...

i think prob is because i usually let her sleep after the early evening feed and cos she is dead tired by then (she keep waking up 20min into her day naps), she slept long long....so tonight me and hubby plan to wake her up at 11.30pm to take last feed so that we need to wake up only at night...hopefully can work...

jes:
What I mean is they can get that ability from about 2-3 months old. That is when they can last 5 hrs without a feed with no problem. However, whether they do it or not is really dependent on each baby. Mine still wake up twice between 12-5am. Her 5 hr sleep is from 8pm for 5 hrs.

Lisa:
Your baby's size is similar to mine. 70th percentile.

Blurfairy:
Let me know if waking her for feed at 11.30pm works. If so, I will try too as I am also waking twice at night.

blurfairy,
i dun hav last feed one coz my boy will wake up for milk without fail, no matter how full he is...

btw, i recently hav this problem ler, very sianz... in the 1st 2 week i used to hav a lot of milk ss eventhough i dun pump often, only 1-2times coz most of the time i latch on, but my ss can easily get 200ml per pump session in the 1st 2 week, then 3rd week only i stopped pumping & go for total latch on, now i wan to pump out (for nite feeding) but output is so pathetic, hav been pumping few times a day since 4 5 days ago but until now still can get max 100ml, very sad ler, i cannot store at all, so everyday juz pump & feed on the same day... anyone experience the same??? i tried fenugreek for weeks oredi but doesn't seem help ler...

<font color="aa00aa">Breastfeeding Mums</font>
Hello mummies, need some advice.. Been really bz with baby ever since my MIL left and today is my 1st day alone.

My BB is <font color="0000ff">8 weeks old</font> and i'm TBF. Currently giving him <font color="0000ff">110ml</font> per feed.. But as he get older, it seems my supply can't seem to meet his demand. At this point, i do not even have any in storage. Just pump and keep just nice to use for the nite. During the day i latch on.

Today, he rarely slept in the day, prob on/off 3hrs max, and up till now after his 9.30pm feed, he is still wide awake. Usually when my mil was here, after feeding he would fall asleep.. But today the whole day he's fussing.. Crying every now and then <font color="ff6000">*pulls hair*</font>
sad.gif

Q: When/how does your supply increase to meet the demands of your baby?
Q: When my baby was abt 4 weeks, i latch on abt 20mins, now i still do the same, does it mean he is eating enough?

<font color="119911">Thanks in advance mummies for all ur valueable advice. Would really appreciate it.
happy.gif
</font>

My advice:
Pump extra times to meet his feeds. e.g. pump 3 times for 2 feeds. Pump after latching too.

If your baby is the one who decides how long he wants to drink, he poos/pees, sleeps well and gains weight, then he is eatng enough. He's just more efficient in drawing out the milk.

Re : Sleeping thru the nite

My bb has been sleeping thru from abt midnite to 7am since 6.5/7 weeks now... now he is sleeping to abt 8.30am to 9.15am. What I do is that eventhough he zzzz from 9pm feed onwards, i will wake him up at midnite to feed him again.... it will be very tough to make him suck... but bo pian, really have to try very hard...sometimes waste EBM also bo pian but at least he is fed... then will change his diaper and swaddle him (and he can still be asleep all the way!)... from then, he can zzz till 8.30am or 9am normally...

I have been feeding my boy 150ml EBM per feed since he is 10 weeks old...is that too much? but he is having 6 feeds per day only...

snowy,

my gal started sitting on the potty from abt 8/9mths onwards. So she has been poo poo toilet train for a long long time. But pee pee we juz started to train her but not consistent coz it is very messy
sad.gif
I think u have to keep trying... they shd be able to get used to it eventually... good luck! i tried giving her yakult leh... also no use...

Kash,
your gal so good. already poo poo trained. does it mean that she is no longer on diaper during the day?

Does your boi finish off all 150ml or there is leftover? i'm also concern wf my bb intake cos like not consistant

Hi Mummies,
Those who feed your bb on ebm can advice how much is your bb drinking? My bb is on total breast feeding and i give ebm in the day and latch-on at night.

She is currently 7 weeks plus and in the day time takes around 80-150ml (amount is not consistant at all) I started her with 60ml and now increased to 80ml. Sometime after 80ml feed, she demand for more. But when the next round I give 100ml, she cant finish. So end up I either keep topping up or wasting my ebm. It not like some of your bb here take 150ml per feed consistantly.

My friend tell me bb on ebm fluctuated alot on the amt is that true? Her bb now 4 months sometime take 80, sometime take 120ml.

Kash,
when Noelle was coming 8 weeks i feed her 140ml then she on off will vomit when burping..so PD ask me reduce to 120ml..till now she taking 120ml, if i feed her 130ml her tummy sure alot of wind wan leh..

snowy

when my bb was ard 7 weeks i was already giving 130ml if i remember correctly. As for 150ml, he can finish sometimes, at times, i really have to force or coax for a long time before he can finish. There are also times when he will leave 20ml or 15ml behind where no matter what we do, no choice. SO after 1 hr, i will throw away the EBM. When he was at 6 weeks, I told PD he was drinking 130ml and she said too much based on his size... but PD said as long as bb can finish it is ok. Yes my bb burp a lot and does vomit. sometimes he can vomit even few hours later... hhmm... maybe from tmr onwards i try to reduce to 140ml...

No at my house i still let her wear diapers. Coz I am not so free to clear up her urine mess. At my mum's house, she may at times let her wear training pants. Eg last nite, my gal only told me she "pee pee" immediately after she did so... already all wet...and she will continue walking loh... hiaz...really horrible. However, about 30 mins later, she told me she wanna pee again... as i was expressing EBM in my brother's room with her playing ard me, the potty was in kitchen. I had to tell her to wait and i put on my bra and t-shirt before i can bring her out. Just by the time i got the potty, she pee next to the potty... hiaz... another huge mess! very gek sim... She is only toilet trained on poo poo only. However, recently she has been jealous of her bb brother... there were a few times in my house she refused to tell me and poo in her diapers... i scolded her so badly. Strange thing is that she NEVER does that in my mother's house. But after abt 3 incidents, she start to tell us she needs to poo poo again.. so back to normal.

hui,

noelle really looks like ur hb leh... she is smiling very happily
happy.gif
hhmm... does she seems to have enuff when u reduce her feed? Does she suck for more?

Happy / Cutiemum,

Jadon taking S26 and we have tried Similac also. But both he also still phlegmy, so I guess its not the powder. You can try to switch and see if it works. I guess no 2 bb the same, so may or may not be due to the FM. I just wish he can get better soon. Sometimes hear him breath also very xin tong!!

Shop4stuffs,
Jadon was down with running nose and cough 2 weeks ago also. Got it from my mum and I cause we were sick and still have to take care of him. Very poor thing, esp, when he cough and plus he is very phelgmy. Did you bring him to the PD?? I am quite paranoid over bb de, thus abit only and I will bring to the doc...keke..

Kash,
sometimes she will.. but she drink 130ml her tummy sure got alot wind.. she reali look like daddy..she very 'rough" wan leh.. no ger ger style.. keke

Hi Mummies..

Im also a November'08 mummy
happy.gif
My baby is 9weeks old, yesterday went to a PD, he mentioned that my baby head is a little bit floppy when he hold it using his palm to support his neck. He say by right shld be able to be a bit firm.

Just to check with you all if this is the case? or perhaps my baby neck muscle development is little bit slow..

think some of the mummies here juz lucky enough to hav bb that can sleep thru at nite since 6-7 wks, mine dunno when can happen, my boy only can stretch to 3hrs (if feed EBM) &amp; 2hrs (latch on), haizzz...

btw, ask u mummies again, for those bb tat can sleep thru at nite, do they sleep a lot in daytime? how do u set up their daily napping routine?

jes

my boy does zzzz a lot in the day time too... if dun let him zzzz he will cry very badly.... so let him zzz bo pian... i let him zzz in the day time with stomach down. better and zzz longer... at nite will be facing up but swaddle. Have u tried swaddling? Buy those hospital baby blanket very good for swaddling...

kash,
i din swaddle him since he's one week old coz he dun like it &amp; he will struggle if i try to... furthermore now he's already 6 wks old i dun think if i wrap him now he will like it...

so ur boy will sleep a lot in daytime &amp; sleep thru at nite as well??? wow, how lucky u r...

Phglem:
My baby also has phglem and is only on full BM...my MIL ask me not to take too much cold drinks..and when i dun take Baby dun cough...

maid
i agree with fifi. must get them write down, that way they really can remember. think most indo maid are literate so can write. my maid can cook exactly the same dish coz she write down whenever i teach her + operating electrical appliances. we have communication problem initially but i bought a malay-eng-malay dictionary and both or us start to learn each other language.anyway her english is not tat bad just that she dont know how to pronounce properly.

carol
very sad to see them sick ho
sad.gif
so u brought him to Pd and took the medication? How many days he took to recover?

my boy is into his 2nd day after seeing the pd and on medication, hopefully he will recover soon. he kept sneezing, and with tears...poor thing..put little vicks on his chest and back. use mouth to clear his mucus from the nose. maid do coz i can only suck up till his nose as im scare to use too much strenght and then he will suck it back so maid helps me do it coz shes experience but i also worried coz scared suck too hard. from my understanding from malaysia colleague, doc from msia advise them to use mouthg too.

carol, do you still put bb in aircon room during his sick period? coz if fan will sneeze lagi more rite?

hi mummies,
something just happened in my family and i am really not in the mood now to pump after latching. am praying that supply will still come in when i return to work and have to pump this friday. my EBM should be able sufficient for my baby's feed for at least 10 days if my supply has not stabilized yet when i am back at work.

re: sleeping thru e night
my bb still haven sleep thru the night too! every 3 hrs will wake up.. plus i need to pump after feeding him ebm, damn shiong.. faint~

my bb is now 11 weeks old, 6kg..

Phglem:
My DS also has phglem and is on TBF...my mom told me tat is bcoz of the cold or cooling things tat i ate tat caused the phglem. ya lah, i took chin chow(glass jelly drinks these days)!

so mummies, pls do our little one a favor, dun take cold drinks anymore... =P

hi mummies,

regarding friso causing phelgm... my no 1 has alot of phelgm too when he was little n pd also told me to switch to enfalac, cos friso is sweeter.

looks like i'm one of the few lucky moms wif bb who sleep thru the night. my girl's last feed is ard 8-9pm after that she'll sleep till abt 6-7am. she's on tbf during the day except her last feed which i fed her fm. during the day. she would sleep after her feed for abt half an hr to 45 mins... abt 4-5X a day... i do not set her napping time though... i let her decide on her own timing.

teenweeny, regarding ur qn,

When/how does your supply increase to meet the demands of your baby?

its when they hav a growth spurt. they wanna drink more often and when they suckle more during those times, they are telling our body to produce more milk for them.. that's how nature works to make sure our babies are fed.

When my baby was abt 4 weeks, i latch on abt 20mins, now i still do the same, does it mean he is eating enough?

i agree aif fifi's replyt..
happy.gif

EBM:
Alyssa (@10 weeks) is given 100ml of EBM (4 feeds) during the day when I am at work. Once in a while when she demands more, she will be given another 20-30ml extra but this is not often. Latch when I am with her (before work and nights - another 3 feeds). She is 70th percentile which is fine. She always needs to burp after feeds by seldom throw up.

Haru:
If you want, you can try what I did. To prevent too significant a drop in my supply when I return to work, I took supplements starting about half a week before I started work. My supply did drop but not that bad. I pump 3 times at work. This amt plus the amt I pump after she latch in the AM and evening is more than enough to meet her needs. I get about 150-200ml extra each day.

Hey guys!

U are still on the phelgmy topic? Like i said it isn't phelgm unless ur PD says so. Its becos the bb's trachea isn't hard yet, hence it tends to collapse partially when they feed or take deep breaths (like slping). Don't worry abt it. Nothing to do with cold drinks etc. I haven't drank anything cold (cos i m feeling very cold myself) since i gave birth and my boy also has that sound!

Re: slping through the night
AHHH i woke my boy up for a feed at midnight and guess wat? he woke up at 3.40am and 5.30am for more!!! which is super strange cos the previous night his last feed was 7.30pm (he threw up some more) and he lasted till 2.30am! weird leh!! cos technically he shd last longer... sigh... tonight i m gonna try again with more EBM and see how. May be it has something to do with each baby's circadian rhythm, their slp cycles and such.

Re: amt bb drinks
My CL literally force fed my boy in his initial days.. at 2 wks he was doing 90ml, 3 wks 100ml and then 3.5 wks, 110ml. we stuck to 110ml aft she left.. but my boy nv pukes so i think it shd be ok. now he takes 120ml since 6 wks old.

Re: Enne
Rem to do wat u have to do by this Fri!! must keep reminding as i dun wanna drag this for too long!

Bear,
i had e same experience before too where i fed baby later but she woke up earlier in e night for another feed!hahha..babies are unpredictable. i noticed that she will wake up around 5 or 6am regardless of her last feed.

ladies can I ask, what did u do with your bb when they are awake?

my bb refuse to sleep for the whole day today!! only slept for a short while then wake up liao!!

shop4stuffs,
My baby cough a few times a day, abit worry too! Hope baby recover asap

My baby also did not sleep and play the whole day, yet at night, he will sleep awhile and wake up, not very smooth. Poor thing!

Bear,
Had emailed you concerning Enne's case...

mosh,
normally i try to "entertain" my baby aft her feed for awhile, carry her walk around e house, talk to her, put her on floor gym, etc. but if she is awake after short nap and its too early for feed i try to carry her to calm her down coz she'll normally cry then.

Mummies,
Anyone had menstruation immediately after lochia? I think i'm having menses now (6 wks after delivery) and i'm on TBF. Feeling super tired today and it keep dripping.

Mosh,
I'll let my boy play himself if he doesn't cry. If he cry, i'll play with him for awhile and start feeding him again.
happy.gif

lovedogs,
are you scheduled to see Dr Chan again sometime soon? I am scheduled to see him again in early feb, but if it is only a normal pap smear check up i was thinking of not going coz I just received a letter from my insurance co for my complimentary check up which includes pap smear already.

Back