(2008/11) November 2008

haru,
u still good liao, she can sleep from 1230am to 5am. My boy feed every 1-2 hrs including night feeds too..Plus he fusses in between too.. I'm used to it liao..

Karen, give the water only when u see ur bb isn't hydrated, like having cracked lips. and dun force down the 1oz! i usually give half an oz max, even if he wants more.
happy.gif

Jo, i don't think our regular cycle will come back in awhile.. sometimes even if you stop bf-ing, ur period still won't come back immediately. But if you are worried, better check with ur doc.

Fifi, how i wish my bb don't wake up for his milk! hahaha.. he still wakes up per normal aft the jab. but like i say, i usually use his lips as an indication. aiyah i m trying to delay his waking time cos my hb and I are both owls.. we hate waking up so early in the day. I dunno how come 2 owls can come out with one lark!

Haru, no lah. babies still cannot slp more than 5-6hrs without a feed at this age. aft his 7.15pm feed, if i m lucky he slps till 12.30am or 1am, then one feed before waking up again abt 6+ 7am.
happy.gif
he only just turned 6 wks this mon and this pattern only happened this wk so I can't be sure if it would last. i m hoping it would!!! I agree with Sabre, ur gal slps from 1230 till 5 is very gd liao!

Hi Mommies,
Hiaz.... me seldom got chance to pop in liaoz. So busy lately handling BB, helping #1 adjust to P1 life, preparing for CNY... *faintz* Everday like so much things to manage. Sometimes feel like more stressed then working life. *LOL* Being a SAHM is really a full time job except this one is 24hrs, 7-days a week. No benefits and minimal wage.
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff0066"> Drinking water</font>
I do give my BB water but not alot lah. Less then 50ml a day. Usually I'll give her water only if the weather is super hot or after BF-ing and she still fussing about.

<font color="ff0066"> Maid</font>
My current maid is an Indo with 8-yrs prior experience in SG. Been wz me for 3-mths liaoz. Her salary is S$350 and 1-off day per month. I will provide her wz shampoo, body soap and facial cleanser (all cheap brands or on sale items lah). For lunch, she will either eat left-overs from dinner (the night before) or since she cooks lunch for me and #1, she'll cook abit extra for her portion too.

This is maid #4 liaoz. All the maids I find... after the 3rd month sure got pattern liaoz. My this one... haiz... so forgetful. Then when question her or catch her doing mistake, can tell me lies. aarrgghh..... Tat's not all lor. Spoil my things never tell me... never hear instructions properly and do wrong thing can still get angry and sulk when I scold her. Aiyoz... the list goes on and on. I'm totally fed-up wz having maids around. But boh pianz leh... wz 3 kids need some domestic help. Me waiting for my #3 to hit 3-yrs then maybe can go maidless.

<font color="ff0066"> Sleeping at night and morning feeds</font>
My bb currently has her last feed at about 11.30pm-12 midnight. Then she will sleep till 5.30am for feeding. But the funny thing is tat she'll wake at 7.30am, 8.30am and 9.30am for feedings. Always take 1-side only and fall asleep. Like become habit liaoz... cos this has been going on for 3-weeks. Dunno how to "break" this bad habit.

<font color="ff0066"> Bear</font>
Have you established a evening routine for BB yet? Maybe you can delay BB's bedtime by having an evening routine?

My BB's routine is roughly like this:
5.00 - 8.30pm --> feeding plus trying to keep her awake by playing wz her. Sometimes she will snooze, but we will wake her if she sleeps too long.
8.30 - 9.00pm --> Bath time
9.00 - 11.30pm --> she will snooze after bath then wake up, feed her and play for awhile.
11.30 - 12 midnight --> wind-down time, pat pat her to sleep.

<font color="ff0066"> Fifi</font>
Agree wz you. Gotta treat the maids nicely but not to the extent where they walk all over our heads. But then again... lots of maids there really dun appreciate lor. Like my 3 previous filip maids. All take advantage of my kindness. Come out wz all sorts of patterns and life really unbearable and stressful. Now this one also starting to show colours liaoz. Haiz... dunno wat they thinking man. Treat them nice... they take advantage. Dun treat them nice... scared they bully our babies and children when we not watching. Dilemma...

Dymples, just replied your mail..

Ya I have a routine for baby liao.. it goes like this:
6.30-7pm -> bath time
7-7.15pm -> play
7.30pm -> bottle before bed
8pm -> he KO

I don't wanna bath him too late u see.. else i will have no end from both my mum and MIL. say too cold for him etc. I will give him a bottle at 7.15pm even if he last fed at 6-6.30pm. I calculate the time to his next feed and give him extra at 7.15pm. e.g. if he drinks at 6pm, his next feed is supposed to be at 9pm. At 7.15pm, i will give him slightly more than a third of his feed cos he has already endured one third of the time towards his next feed. Get it? so far this system made him slp a minimum of 4 hrs before he wakes up earliest at 11pm or latest at 1.15am. It has only been 4 nights so I dunno what's tonight's pattern like.

Hey this might be useful to mummies that wanna have more kids in the future. its regarding c-section.. seems like our gynaes in S'pore are doing the wrong practice!
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/09/health/09Caesarean.html?ref=health

hi all,

my gal six weeks now...was home alone with her this week cos clady went back and hubby also went back to work...trying to make her sleep on her own in her own bed...but duno why leh, she keep waking up 10 -20 min in her sleep, sometimes wake up crying...i sat beside her to watch and notice she get startled at 10 min interval and i noticed nothing in the surrounding startled her leh..hiaz...has to pacify her when she wake up cos she tired but cant fall asleep so she fusses...anyone of you had this prob?..

i tried sleeping her on her tummy a few times...she sleep better...past 1 hr plus....but now her neck stronger and when she fusses, i ever saw her turn her head downwards, so i only dare to let her sleep on tummy when she dun fusses when i turn her sleep on tummy and i chk on her now and then...

hiaz...anyone of you had the same prob? so tiring to take care bb alone man..hardly got time to do own stuff or even take a nap!

Blurfairy, that's the startle reflex or Moro reflex.. every baby has it. its normal.. would recommend that u swaddle ur bb when she slps at night. Also until ur bb can turn her head while slping on her tummy, i won't recommend u let her slp on tummy at night. the incidents of SID (sudden infant death) is higher for bbs that slp on tummy than those slping on the back.

slping on the tummy allows the bb to slp longer cos it makes her feel that there's pressure against her, therefore she feels secure.

http://www.babyslumber.com/articles/baby/what-is-the-moro-reflex/

Hi Bear,

Thanks for the link, helps to understand better. I have been swaddling the bb since day 1 lor..cos my clady did that...it helps abit but she still get startled even if i swaddle tight tight..Ya, i wont let her sleep on tummy at night...actually at night she is fine, cos she is usually knock out after bf...is the day nap that is problem...cos i dun let her sleep while bf as advised by books cos otherwise they say bb will treat your boobs as pacifier..which was really the case during confinement when the clady pass me the bb whenever she had this rooting reflex...and this was super tiring for me..

Hi all... Im Back! hope u gals rem me.. Su Mei.. Havnt been logging in for months..got problematic internet connection and phoneline problem.. FINALLY.. can go online. I must have missed out alots..

Peanut, saw u at ACJ when i went back for post natal checkup.. didnt manage to catch hold of u.. u walk so fast.. aiyo

Karen,
I'm on TBF and I do not give any water to my bb at all. I did the same for #1 and did not introduce any water untill she is on sollid like porridge and cereal which was 7 months old. She does not reject water at all and take it readily. Now I will just fill her water bottle to the full and leave it on the coffee table. She will usually drink on her own when she is thirsty and will finish 300ml every day.

Read it before that bb on breastfeeding does not need water at all till they start solid as our foremilk is for them to quench thirst. If want to give water, might as well give our breast milk, got nurtrient some more.

Peanut,
Hee.. you so cute. You sure didnt bring baby the wrong baby. Just remember no baby is saint. Each got their difficlt pattern.

My gal for the past 1 week also fuss whenever we give bottle. With the teat in her mouth, she will scream and cry rather than suck. What I did was continue to put the teat in her mouth, but hold her in an upright position so that she will not chock on the milk. Then I tell her cannot 'fa pee qi' I keep asking her why are you so angry?, Just suck suck your milk. Then she will calm down a bit and when she begin sucking, I position her head down so that the milk can flow to the teat.

This week she is ok liao. Take bottle when hungey and finish within 10 mins. You can try talking to her. They will understand, just that they can express what they want. That why they are babies.
happy.gif

Snnowy:
Yah babies tend to have their good days and bad ones. Heehee.

My daughter is not as good as ur #1. She already reject water le. Wil force herself to throw up so that she dun drink the water. So I definitely have to give her abit now and then. Now better a bit le. At least she is willing to drink sometimes. But FM, she still hate.

Hi Mummies,

Hope everyone have a great weekend ahead..
My gal more or less have a routine now. She's 2mths n 2 wks le.. Last feed usually at 11pm and will sleep thru the night till ard 5pm and next feed will be ard 10am and the rest of the feed 3 hrs apart.. she's drinking abt 120ml-140ml per feed.. her crying problem seem to be better now, not sure if it's the new method i'm using that makes her feel better =D when she wakes up ard 12pm she will not want to sleep anymore so I just put her down next to me on bed and let her stretch n chit chat with her.. guess babies do cry for attention and chatting with them helps alot.. she loves talking and listening to us.. tat day she mumbled hi-lo to me a few times =D

Anyway, can't believe I have survived taking care of her alone in the day for coming to 3mths le.. hahaaz~ time to look for a job now though.. I will be going bangkok on wed, any mummies wanna get anything??

blufairy,
my baby is the same. and its very difficult to let her sleep in cot, resorted to let her sleep in rocker or sometimes in my arms.sigh..looking for another rocker now since i will be giving my current one to my mum who will be looking aft her when i return to work.

Jenn,
my baby is 8 weeks now but still crying quite a lot. her awake hours are much more tho. but she has prob falling asleep and her day naps are def shorter. can't wait for her to settle down more and shed less tears!!

Jenn,
Sound great about your baby. Another 4 days will be my baby 2 months, hope that he can settle down much more by then. Currently still 3 hrs apart for milk, feeding him about 130ml

hi Nov mummies
I have some qns:
1. I bf baby -now 7 weeks but at nite very haywire, nurse every hour is that normal. Feeds only one side, bb sleeps already after 1 side dont take the other.

2. I would like to express my milk so that husband can feed while I rest or if I need to be out to do errand--- If i only direct latch bb all thro the day, at what time can i express my milk. Am afraid that no milk to be expressed after nursing the bb. or worse, after expressed, not enough to feed bb. how?

mummies,

anyone of you know if on breastfeeding can still do hair rebonding, hair colouring and treatment now? Hair is so messy and need to do something about it before CNY.

hi poohbeary,
i'm oct thread mummy. Yes, u can do hair rebonding, colouring and treatment when b/fing as adviced by my gynea.Its very impt to be a pretty mummy coz a pretty mummy will be a happy mummy and ur bb will be a happy baby!!

Heya mummies, i have emailed those who have indicated that they wanna help Enne. Please check your email and reply me latest by next Fri, 16th Jan.

Re: slping in the day
I read some where that babies at this stage slps abt 14.5-16hrs. so if ur bbs slp well in the night for 12 hrs, they dun need to nap much in the day. anyway i rather have them fussing in the day then nite!!

Jenn, ur gal 'grow up' liao! a lot of mummies told me the first 2 mths are the worst. aft that, bb will have a routine and things will get better. Hopefully its true for ALL our babies!

Bear,
Ya, my fren also ask me to tahan till after 8 weeks...she said they cry less after that...i hope so!...

haru,
Ya..mine can sleep longer in rocker too...and even if she get startled ..she can drift off to sleep...in the cot..she will start to cry after she got awaken by startling...Very poor thing lor, can see she is tired as she keep yawning but keep on waking up after 20min interval...now i called her "20min gal"....

Hello Ribenali! Ya heard can do rebonding and colouring but i not doing any at the moment cos think will start to drop hair around 4th mths due to hormonal changes.Afraid that the chemical treatment will make me drop more hair..

Bear,
U got a mail.

Mummies,
My mum told me not to bath the baby after injection? Anyone does that?

My boy went for Hep B yesterday. He is weighting 5.465kg at week 6. Oh, i think i got no strength to carry him liao..

Jenn,
So good, can go holiday now. I wanted to go Genting but very difficult. Gonna bring my boy along. I think no hope liao..
sad.gif

haru, jynnsan, my gal really just suddenly seem to cool down and cry less this 2 wks.. so just hang on till ard the 9th wk.. jia you!

bear, hahaz~ ya, she's really grown up now.. XD really excited to hear her baby language
and see her smile.. she has learnt to smile and really happie abt it herself.. playing with her smile and mouth =D

Bibi, my trip was booked last August..hahahz~ kiasu hor.. take it as a short break now.. mil will be taking leave to take care of her while we are away.. speaking of no strength, I really find it hard to carry her with one hand now.. arms wanna break liao.. she was 5kg at wk 6, now at wk 11 i'm not sure, prob ard 6kg??

poohbeary, can dye or do rebonding de.. i even did rebonding when i was in my 5th month of pregnancy.. my gynae gave the green light, he said do whatever u wan with ur hair, no problem =D i just dyed my hair a mth ago also.. cannot withstand the ugly look of my hair, now i feel so much better XD

blufairy

try letting bb sleep on their stomach...trust me they zzz longer and will not be awaken by noise.

I have been letting my son naps on his stomach most of the time during day time. Nite time still juz swaddle with 1 hand out facing up. He now zzzz till 9am... so sometimes, his last feed is abt 1am due to the fact that he wakes up late in the morning...

Jenn,

so nice to go on holiday... ur milk how? u plan to express and throw away while in BKK or u bringing ur bb along?

Snowy

envy u on your #1.. coz my #1 as she was also on TBF until abt 5 mths.. i only started her with water from 3rd mth onwards...she rejected... up till today almost 20mths liao...still hates water. everytime feed water is like a WAR!! very gek sim. So now my bb boy, i try to give water twice a day.. juz like 10ml..after his shower and evening wipe... sometimes he also struggles when he tasted it is water.. i really very sad and envy all the toddlers who loves to drink water... coz my #1 really cry murder
sad.gif
I resort to feeding her the heinz juice...so expensive!

Re : Maid

Dunno are they really stupid or juz like to act stupid? I am damn pissed off with the stupid mistakes and stupid things they make... how ah? why i pay $$ to hire someone to stay with me to give me added stress and headache?

she lost my #1's toothbrush yday...still later deny...coz initially she admitted she washed in the morning... later when cannot find, said she nvr wash...

Then hor, she hang my bb's face towel, bibs etc together with hb and my underwear and bras.!! touching kind!

Most stupid and no common sense was this incident. She asked me abt 2 dirty looking plastic bowls in the service balcony. I told her I used it to trap lizards, juz leave it in the service balcony. She asked me whether can wash them. I said can wash but after that, keep it in the same place. Few nites later, (maid was NOT at home coz she was at my mother's place), we saw a lizard, I tried to find the bowls in the svc balcony but can't find. Later when she got home, I asked her where were the 2 plastic bowls for lizards. She said she washed and kept it together with all my lock&amp;lock, and other plastic boxes used to keep FOOD!!! Warrao!!!! I was boiling! I tot these are COMMON SENSE?

sorry for letting off but i find having a maid is super GEK SIM...its like we are already busy and stressed enuff...yet still pay someone to come to your house to add on to your headache.. must worry abt her meals etc...

kash, i will be expressing out the milk and bringing them back in milk bags and ice pack which i ordered online from bbshop.. pump n throw is so wasteful wor, can't bear to =P

Jenn:
You know how to store &amp; bring back right? U need to ask the hotel to freeze the milk for you till its ice (do tell them to "freeze till hard as rock" else they may think juz put in fridge). Then get them to get for you (or you get urself)an icebox with dry ice on the day you check out. When coming back, put the milk in the ice box with dry ice &amp; check it in. By the time you reach SG, hopefully its still frozen.

Jenn,

i tot we are not allowed to carry anything more than 100ml of liquid onto the plane? Yes, u will need to freeze it as what fifi said, else, EBM cannot last more than 24 hrs. I had a fren who went HK for 5-day holiday when her bb was 5 mth old, she express and throw away all the milk...so wasted hor... but bo pian...

Hi Ladies!! Havent log in for few days le...

Maid
I am changing my current maid, she is not able to take care of my boy and very slow in doing her housework. Imagine when my boy poopoo, she can go and eat and leave it to my mum and I to change his diaper. When we go to church, I will be feeding my boy and she actually fall asleep right next to me...faint!! Cant wait for my next maid to come...but praying hard that she will be better. Btw, I realised that fili maid eat alot of rice de, my this maid hor, eat more rice then my dad, mum have been complaining that since she is here, out rice have been running out faster. Then she very buah zi dong, when eating dinner with us, she will keep taking those dishes that she like to eat and will eat ALOT hor! Until I told her off then now she take abit lesser.

Baby's schedule
Jadon will have his last feed btw 9-10pm, normally I will give him FM. It will take abt 45min to an hr to rock him to sleep. So normally he will sleep betw 10-11pm and wake up btw 3-5am for 1 feed. After that he will wake up around 6-7am for the next feed. He hardly sleep during the day also, sometimes put him in the sarong, shake him for 1/2 to 1hr and he only sleep for 20-30mins then wake up le. I have the electronic cradle, but we dont use it during the day, cause maid at home, so ask her to shake him, if not she got nothing to do. Only use it at night so that he can go into a deeper sleep. Set the timer to shake him for 1.5hr, then will stop.

Fussing when drinking milk
So difficult to feed him milk, he will take 1hr to finish a bottle...normally first 40-60ml he will drink quite fast, then he start playing with u. Sometimes when he is in a bad mood, he will cry if you cont. to stick the bottle in his mouth...we have to feed him in the sarong and rock him side to side gently then he will drink. He will only drink if he is in a semi-sleeping stage at times...very time consuming.

Bb's update
8 weeks old, Weight : 6.07, Length : 6.15cm. Cant have his first 6 in 1 as PD say he is very phlegmy so better dont give him and wait till he is better. 4th days on the medication and he is still very phlegmy lay...sigh, I am quite concern with Jadon as he is making alot of sound when he is sleeping and drinking milk. PD say his lungs is clear, so likely the sound is from the throat. Jadon looks ok and no discomfort when he making those noises lay, so dont know if I should bring him to a ENT specialist.

kash,
Try different method in feeding #1 for water. eg, get her to drink from a straw etc. My #1 onli start water from spoon when she was 7 months. She refused to use bottle so i train her to use straw when she was 8 months and now she love drinking from straw.

Avent pump:
Anyone using it and experiencing wierd sucking motion? I suspect mine might be spoilt liao.. just wondering if any of you gals also sama sama? The suction is okie for few mins.. then without touching anything, the suction changed rhythm and became weak suction. Anyone experience it?
dunno if i shd go down to philips.
Die.. pump very impt leh..

snnowy

talking abt straw is another headache. as she hates to drink liquid, even juice sometimes will rejects(except milk), i tried giving her the straw. I bought so many different types of straw mugs - ranging from the hello kitty combi types, pigeon different types, normal straw mugs etc.. she still dunno how to suck from a straw. She will tell us she wanna suck but she ends up only biting the straw. this is something that rreally gives me headache loh.. my frens also tell me once they know how to suck from straw they will love to drink water. I am still waiting....almost 20 mths liao...hiaz... i still have to spoon feed her water at times in order to ensure she has some water in her system.

cc,

oh dear... ur maid sounds like buay pai seh type. Y not juz ask her to eat after u guys have all finished dinner. My maid will wait till we finished or unless I told her to eat earlier by scooping out her portion first. Does ur maid knows u r sending her back? better dun let her know in advance. Is her main job to look after bb? Since ur mum is helping, perhaps let maid handle all the miscellaneous stuff while ur mum will do the feeding, bathing, carrying, changing diapers etc.

y is ur bb having phelgm? did pD advise how come he has phelgm? very poor thing... could also be the reason he fusses when drinking?

yoyosan,

i have a fren whose avent duo pump motor failed after a few mths last time. Went back to avent and they changed a new one for her. However, it was within the warranty period. Hence, i suggest u bring it to philips for them to take a look if it is still under warranty?

Maid:
All maids have to be trained slowly. Even my maid whom alot of you say is very good went through the period where she did all the "no common sense" things. Just take it in stride and teach until she learn lor. Make them write down things. That way they will learn and remember better. Write down very specifically and read all these notes every day before she sleep.

E.g. Kash can ask her maid to write down "the 2 bowls in the service balcony are for trapping lizards. They are dirty. If wash, put back in the service balcony. Cannot mix with other things in the kitchen."

Seem tat most bb here dun sleep well or alot during the day .. mine too.. Really hope time will b faster so that they can grow faster n hv a more stable schedule or routine..

Carol.

My boy same, put in sarong, shake for 1/2-1hr, then only sleep for another 15-20mins..

Jynnsan

I stay in sembawang, Mum hse in wdls.. a few blocks from Dr Angeline

carol,
my boy is v phelgmy too.Brought him to PD and she said nt a concern too coz the sound from throat.But the phelgmy sounds bad to me at times and been quite sometime.
Wat FM ur boy drinking?My boy taking friso.
I am thinking of switching fm n see if it is the cause of it.

happy/carol

my boy oso same, hv the phelgmy sound.. he is taking friso too..
these few days have been throwing up milk when i burp him after feed.. wonder wat is happening?

hi mummies,
hope u all had a good weekend.i love weekends coz thats when hubby is home all day to help and he loves spending time w baby. but we end up goin out alot on weekends. haha..

my baby broke her record on sat nite and slept all e way till 6am after her last feed at 9pm! but she was crying and only fell asleep about 11pm. think coz she didnt nap much during e day so super tired. and yesterday she only woke up for feed about every 4 hours in e day.

Hi Karen,me and my hubby were able to hear our baby boy saying all the 5 different words to us leh. but we can only differentiate the cries after a week's 'training'.hehe..

Re: maids
Seems like alot of us here are having problems with our maids. I just sent mine back after 13 days at our home. I've hired her to take care of my baby, but instead, in the end, the whole family have to look after her! Coz she kept complaining that she's not feeling well.
At first, she really did have fever when i brought her to the doctor. then i allowed her to rest and sleep for the whole of that day and i ended up taking care of my baby boy. i didn't allow her to take care of my bb becoz she was having cough as well. then i think she realized that she can get away with the chores when she continues to be sick. so she started complaining that she's not feeling well every 2 or 3 days. until new year's eve, she suddenly fainted in the kitchen. my sis-in-law and myself tried to wake her up by lightly tapping on her face and shaking her, but she continued to be unconcious until i told my my hubby to call for an ambulance, she immediately wakes up with her eyes so wide open! Then my hubby started to monitor her 'get sick' habits and we realized that she's trying to get away with all the household chores. On the 3rd of Jan, after my hubby left for work,she came up to me to tell me that she's not feeling well and wants to go and sleep!Wah lao eh..that was the point when I decided to send her back to the agency and get myself a new maid liao. haiz...this is only our first maid and we are so damn unlucky..
sad.gif

Hope our next maid will be better..

cutiemum,
your boy hv been taking friso since birth?
he only hv tis phelgmy recently?
My fren told me friso is v sweet,n my boy hving tis phelgmy sound on &amp; off.So i suspect it might be the cause ley.

hi ribenali,

thanks...i'm glad to hear that no harm doing hair rebonding and treatment. Will go and book appointment at the salon. Want to freshen up once again.
happy.gif

happy, cutiemum
my boy also experienced that. Has been having this phlegmy sound on and off and he seems irritated by it. Cant sleep well lately.
Is it true that friso was the caused of it? My boy taking friso since birth. Anyone can advised on this?
Should I bring him to see a PD for medication?

hi ladies,
so tired. bb dunno cry for what yest evening.. recently she always cry very loud and very chiam, we tried to coax her, give her pacifier, put her in her favourite rocking chair also no use
sad.gif

usually she will fuss in the evening, and seems to be super hungry during that time but when we try to feed her, she eat abit and cry cry cry uncontrollable leh... dunno what she wants...sigh!

So envy those bb who slp through the nite, my bb wake up every 3hrs for feed and sometime in btw too. At 6weeks she is eating 120ml every 3hr, is this too much? we try to stretch to 4hr feed but she super hungry, sometime can stretch 4hr but sometimes only 2 1/2hr she cry for milk liao. Afraid to overfeed her leh, is she eating too much ?

My baby just recovered from having phelgm, i understand the feeling of seeing them suffer, heartpain. Finally i feed him with chinese medicine and he recovered! Phew, what a tough week...

Back