(2008/10) Oct 2008

Icylemon,
When my waterbag burst, I went straight to delivery ward at Mt A. Why did she go to a&e? But the whole process seems not right leh. So she gave birth at home?

Wah... so many of u water bag burst one ah.
My mum also delivered me and my sis upon hers bursting. Haha... and i tot such cases only happen in movies!

<font color="aa00aa">7/7 Thur lunch at 12.15pm
Venue : Raffles City Watami (B1, next to Ding Tai Feng)
1. XY + Marcus
2. Eelyn + Kaitlyn
3. Saxo + Jo?
4. Mrs Pung (pass iherb and maybe lunch too)
5. Dimpletot only

Dimpletot : Raffles City again?
XY : i dun mind. Watami??
dimple: Sure!
jelly: yep, watami ok
eelyn: k</font>

8.30pm she reached Mt A. Called gynae Dr Woodworth. Advised by him to go down to Mt A's Emergency.

9.45pm Midwife at the Emergency Ward asked her to go home even though my friend was down with fever &amp; was 3.5 cm dilated. But gynae din appeared at all.

i sms her told her tat i m afraid she might have infection. she was given some medication to eat at home for her fever.

3.20am my friend sms me. said her waterbag burst. she rushed back to Mt A.

5.00am she gave birth @ Mt A.

<font color="aa00aa">Mint, she went to A&amp;E on 5 July ard 8.30pm coz she told me she had alot yellowish discharge &amp; her panty is wet.

she was asked to go home even though she was 3.5cm dilated &amp; running fever.

i went to visit her juz now. i suspect she her water bag leaked. anyway she has pop. happy for her.

but i feel tat the whole procedure not right. esp my friend is already 3.5cm dilated, why she was told to go home. plus she was having fever. shouldn't Mt A should let her check in for observation.
</font>

7/7 Thur lunch at 12.15pm
Venue : Raffles City Watami (B1, next to Ding Tai Feng)
1. XY + Marcus
2. Eelyn + Kaitlyn
3. Saxo + Jo?
4. Mrs Pung (pass iherb and maybe lunch too)
5. Dimpletot only

Dimpletot : Raffles City again?
XY : i dun mind. Watami??
dimple: Sure!
jelly: yep, watami ok
eelyn: saxo, jelly - will bring ur storyboards.. dimple, aiya shld hv passed u urs instead.. save some moolah.. hv u received it?

R&amp;R,

For my first birth, I also had yellowish discharge the night prior to my water bag bursting. Very similar to your friend's experience.

8pm - yellowish discharge (a lot!)
Didn't know why. Told my mother and my mother didn't know why also.
3am - waterbag burst, rushed to hospital.
7am - caesarean

I just thought the discharge could be similar to the 'show'.

XY,

I was young and stupid mah. I was constantly sick during my first pregnancy. Seen 3 different docs and took 8 different pills for different sicknesses at some point. I thought the medicines messed up my menses for the first two months. Then I had spotting at 3rd month, so I thought that was menses. Until I missed my menses again for the next two months, then I went to check if I was pregnant.

All the while, my stomach looked like I had just had my meal, so nobody thought I was pregnant also. I even went on a diet. So my first one is very sickly lor.

heloo hello morning Mommies!! long time no see...

<font color="0000ff">HK Disneyland kidnap</font>
actually i am not surprised by that news. whoever who goes HK disneyland have to really watch their kids closely. my hubby told me, his friend's friend few yrs ago, brought his family of 4 (him, wife, and 2 kids one boy one girl) to HK disneyland. family of 4 went, only 3 came back.
sad.gif
in the disneyland, they just merely attention slipped a bit cos his boy was already 6 yrs old or something, and he was gone. searched frantically around disneyland cannot find. made police report, waited another month in HK for news, cannot find. they had to conme back. till today, the boy is missing.
sad.gif
i have shudders when I heard the story...its so sad...

R&amp;R, glad ur friend has given birth and is safe and sound. actually i agree that her having fever, the doc and nurse shld have kept her in Mt A and not send her home. but its not so much the 3.5cm dilation. if mommy 3.5cm dilated but no contractions and she's not full term yet and doc is not interventive kind and wun recc induction, then its ok to send home cos her waterbag not burst yet (like dimpletot say yellow liquid is not amniotic liquid). but its the fever that shld have made them kept her back....sigh... glad she's ok...and baby's ok...

XY, wah ha ha....my coll lagi drama, waterbag burst when she having lunch in the hawker centre nearby our office... can you imagine? poor thing. her first child that time somemore. For Jaz case, her waterbag did not burst at all until the latest possible time i.e. when her head was emerging. waterbag still intact, gynae snipped.

really thanks to all the mommies who made the effort to plan the birthday bash, and source out the entertainment. i am not sure if i can join that weekend, will add my name later if can.

Dimpletot,
Thanks for sharing. I always question my abilities on being a mom but at the end of the day i tell myself that if R is a happy baby which is what matters to me, then I must be on the right track.

Lunch was great even though short. It's good to get out of the house ( work not counting). esp now that Jo doesn't even go for classes with me.

Eelyn
Now that you are Sahm, maybe we should do this once a fortnight. Heh. To preserve my sanity.

mint

yah... my friend who is a sahm also very wisely told me once that being a sahm was Her choice. it makes her happy, and it's not something she does 'for the kids' sake' so next time she will not look back and try to guilt-trip them with 'see what I've sacrificed for you'... which i feel is impt too.
happy.gif

saxo

yah good to see all of you at lunch!

dimple,
great article!.. i always doubt my own abilities cos hubs always say im blur n a kid myself.. and kaitlyn has lotsa bad habits etc.. but like mint said.. she's happy! so i cant be that bad rite.. haha! hope kayla is more guai la :p *fingers xx*

snowy,
nice to meet u.

saxo,
sounds good! we signed up at royce's today.. perhaps nxt time we can meet earlier, let them play then makan!.. by the time we ended.. she was so hyped.. i only just manage to put her to zz 15 mins ago. tonite jialet @@

Saxo,
JO is still so quiet and well-behaved. Hard to imagine her in a tantrum driving u mad.

Eelyn and me went to Royce and when time was up, all hell broke loose. Marcus was crying non-stop (at least 15min) asking for more playtime and refuse to let me change his stinky diapers. Haiz... It was bad. I asked Eelyn to take Kaitlyn away before she "learns" these horrible crying fits from Marcus.

He fell asleep on the way home. Peace at last!

xyz,
it wasnt that bad.. u need to see kaitlyn on a bad day.. its wayyy worse. she wont "learn".. cos she is "shifu" in this field.. haha!

<font color="0077aa">bigflamingo: Hey G, long time no see and chat! Woo hoo, 2 years of Sahm-Dom
happy.gif
Am sure the time will be precious
happy.gif
Meet up soon!

Xy: did you prep M? These days I will prep C way in advance. Lol...</font>

<font color="aa00aa">yipee!! congrats XY!!

are you the mummy that cheerbear mentioned last week?
</font>

<font color="ff0000">Mummies who are preggies!!
1. cheerbear
2. XY
3. Tracy

who else har??
</font>

xy,
Congrats!!

nanny,
Popular has them.

icylemon,
I start a new list for those with no #2. Hahaha!
1. mint
2. saxo
3. buffy
4. jjmom

I think jjmom will join your list soon. LOL!

<font color="aa00aa">Mint!! you are preggy!! congrats!!!

Saxo aka Karen! congrats!!

buffy &amp; JJmom!! congrats!!!

who else?? wah! i m not updated at all.
</font>

icylemon

u must red mint's message properly... lol

icylemon,
I start a new list for those with NO #2. Hahaha!
1. mint
2. saxo
3. buffy
4. jjmom

Haha. Dragon year, won't be surprise if more gets pregger.

Haiz... so much for me against rabbits, I'm expecting one now. I hope it's a BOY!

<font color="0077aa">and I was thinking why Mint wanna sabo me because R&amp;R congratulated us! lol

On another note, mass BD, is that confirmed?</font>

Christina,
Thanks!

mint,
Was shocked how come those who are adamant about having just 1 child are preg with #2, can't believe it and read through again and saw the 'no' in your post! Almost wanted to type a big congrats to you! Haha!

XY,
Finally disclosed your present! Congrats once again!

Hi mummies,
Being an experienced 2nd time mummy does not really help at all for me. I'm bugged by:-
1) Breastfeeding - I'm bugged by sore cracked bleeding nipples once again.

2) NNJ - #2 has high jaundice and has to be readmitted despite us taking precaution by having both she and I staying 1 extra night for phototherapy before discharge. She's back at TMC yesterday for a 3D2N phototherapy package.

3) Confinement - As much as I wanted to do a more proper confinement, I can't. There's the follow up checks I need to bring #2 to together with hubby and etc. Weather's too hot not to blow fan or aircon or to be wrapped like a mummy.

A good consolation is confinement food this time round is a great improvement from 2+ years back. After having her 4th grandchild, my mum's skill has indeed improved and I really appreciate her help this time round with handling Dylan and etc.

Sighh am in mental hell now.. Kaitlyn's 2nd day at sch.. Been bawling her eyes out for 30mins le... Ahhhhhhhh!!! I can't take it!!
sad.gif

eelyn - must hang on.... dun let her see u.. my boy cried only after day 3... and quite jia luk some more...for 3 mths nightmares ...cried in his sleep..

must preserve....let her know u will be there to pick her up (if u are).. manja her more at home... then use emotional encouragement - tell her she is such a brave and good girl...

these days when i asked E what he does in school he will replied "i never cry in school".. (slap forehead!)

vanilla,
tks for encouraging words.. am trying to pull through! felt ao guilty to b hving coffee downstairs while she crying upstairs.. aiyoooo the guilt!!! am finding means n ways to make it up to her when I pick her up.. yesterday was a kindersurprisr n balloon.. gonna get her an icecream n another balloon later! Haha.. nxt thing I knw, I gotta wean her off the surprises!

<font color="0077aa">Eelyn, dont wait outside. Walk around or something. C took quite a while to settle in too. Day 2 and 3 onwards could be bad as they start to recognise the routine. Monday (after the weekends) may be trying to, just to pre-empt you.

Hang in there, it will pass though I understand it is heart breaking...</font>

hi eelyn - ya my son was "blur" for first 2 days then come Day 3 is it like "why am i here again"...

the principal chased all parents away from day 2.. cos one kid saw her mum got so emotional lugged forward while teacher is carrying her that the teacher smashed to the glass door.. not a pretty sight.

see if K is more comfortable w a particular teacher then she will be close to her for comfort. My boy is closer to the chinese teacher so she will hug him when i leave.

Wow.. Tts quite drama.. It's a small group here. I'm the only parent hanging ard. Most of them get dropped off by maids.. Quite a site.. Seems like Phil maids with angmo bosses very good life. One of them had 2 mobile ph! Talking on one n playing game or smsing on the other.
I'm trying hard not to b spotted! I use the phone's cam to peek through the window! Haha she's not crying now.. Dunno who she's closer to yet.. Will talk to her tonite.. Going to peek again now... I feel like a peeping tom!

Buffy,
tks.. Been walking ard.. But ue sq is very small! I think all the tenants recognize me liao. Lol.. Will venture to liang court tmr. She isn't crying now.. So I'm comforted.. 50 more mins! Can't wait to hug her

haha eelyn - my hb was like hiding in the carpark cos from there he can peek and see how his baobei is coping without incurring the P's wrath (she q fierce one..even parents also scared of her).

i think when they cant see us it is like out of sight out of mind if they are distracted to do something in class...

tom u can go have a nice brekkie at robertson area.. there is boomerang and EM2 or u walk further up is a nice cafe (Keth cafe or something).. faces the river

eelyn

i'll share again what my kid's presch p said - the parents must Let Go. the kid can sense if you're tense or too emphatatic... so give a big smile even if she's crying and walk away without turning back, like it's natural and there's no fuss.
happy.gif

It took kate abt 1.5 weeks to stop crying for the first 10 mins everyday... now she really loves school!

<font color="aa00aa">eelyn, like what vanilla said. PRESERVE!!

my elder girl cried for 3 months in the day. every night, every hour woke up &amp; cried for 6 months.

Regine does cried but for about a month.

i also agree with dimpletot. after they are more settled down. they will love to go school.
</font>

Back