(2008/08) Aug 2008

Cindy,
me too 41kg prior pregnancy, so far gained about 7kg. Baby weight average.

gemini,
for my case is everyday i will experience lower abdomen tightening once or twice, think is what you mentioned for your case pulling of muscle but after awhile it will be ok. It's ok cos my first pregnancy also the same.

Am 6 months now and baby super active, keep moving around, sometimes it do hurt. hehe

Me too are searching around for meaningful present for the #1 and say is from meimei when she came to the hospital for the 1st meetup.

Oh ya... can help to update the list if u are still doing. My minnie is 667gram at 24wk 5days. Thanks!

Oh gathering, you mommies enjoy!!

Mulberry, sorry have not logged in for sometime!

Re: Gathering in the East
Date: 1st June
Time: 11am - ONz
Venue: mulberry's condo at Simei - ONz

1) Megan - OK with catering
2) valnsw - OK with catering
3) mulberry - OK with catering
4) Cindy - ok with catering
5) vone - OK with catering
6) earnestmum (cynthia) - OK with catering (preferably Golden Pillow as 2.5 yr old son around, you ladies coming with hubbies? mine coming to help take care of son)
7) faeriekim
8) ReiRei
9) chipchip
9) Joanne - OK with catering
10) Gemini
11) Catherine
12) Hui Chin - OK with both Qiji/Golden Pillow catering

hehe...

Oh there is another gathering at Simei condo on weekend, i missed out that post, thought only the one on 21 May for tea.

It's alway so nice to join in the gathering but 12.30pm is my girl lunch, so don't know convenience to join in or not. hmmz

Mulberry,
Din see u in class y'day..hope everyting is OK?

I've helped to update the list of attendees below with * for ur easy ref
happy.gif

Re: Gathering in the East
Time: 11am - ONz
Venue: mulberry's condo at Simei - ONz

1) Megan - OK with catering
2) valnsw - OK with catering
3) mulberry - OK with catering
4) Cindy - ok with catering
5) vone - OK with catering
6) earnestmum (cynthia) - OK with catering (preferably Golden Pillow as 2.5 yr old son around, you ladies coming with hubbies? mine coming to help take care of son)
7) faeriekim - *OK with cathering*
8) ReiRei - *OK with cathering*
9) chipchip - ***Unable to make it***
9) Joanne - OK with catering
10) Gemini - ***Unable to make it***
11) Catherine - ?
12) Hui Chin - OK with both Qiji/Golden Pillow catering

Catherine, sorry might have missed ur post earlier. Would you be joining us for the gathering?

reirei,
thanks for updating the gathering.

Lolarose,
welcome!
happy.gif
When's your EDD? Maybe you want to give your details so that Ratatouille can update the table?

catherine,
sometimes my bb also doesn't move much. Sometimes just tap on the tummy to elicit some sort of response. Anyway, I'm glad for you that your baby's fine.

Had a scare yday. I felt so tired yday. During the antenatal class, was yawning away. Then went to Parkway for makan and walk walk, felt so tired and then suddenly could feel some cramp-like pain at the sides of my tummy plus a series of Braxton Hicks. Couldn't take it and went home. Decided to loosen the drawstring of my pants and felt better. After bathing, immediately hit the bed at 10pm and woke up at 9am today. Felt better after resting.

So to all mummies, better don't wear too tight clothings. My BH contractions were lessened after I loosened my pants =P

KIDDY PALACE SALE

By the way, saw that Kiddy Palace at Parkway branch was having 15% storewide for non-members and 20% storewide for members. The discount only applicable for regular-priced items. I think it should apply to all outlets. The sales assistant told me the discount will last til about end June.

Happy shopping mummies!
happy.gif

hi valnsw,
happy.gif
I tapped but still no response. Gynae say next time shake the tummy. Dont worry wont injure baby. Tapping no use :p

I think today very quiet here. Most mummies probably went out. I'm resting in today .. Had a long week. I went high tea at St. Regis yesterday afternoon and I must I'm quite disappointed. The service for a 6 star hotel wasn't really great. They barely cleared our plates after we ate. It's english high tea so they have us tray servings of sandwiches and scones. But only 3 types of sandwiches. So not much variety. Then there was a dessert counter with cakes, fruits, biscuits, macaroons, etc. I would say it's not fantastic cos the price definitely doesn't justify it loh. $45/+++ pax for tea and $50/+++ with champagne. Think it's one of the most expensive high tea I've had esp if you base on the variety of food available.

avocado, hee, call me faeriekim or faerie will do. the fees dpd on wat u wanna engage her for. i most likely wanna go for the bilingual playclub, which shld cost abt bt $500 for 2hrs/wk. Can't find the price list rite now. :p Anw, i can't register until nearer to her 18mos. btw, u tokking abt jg popular or chiltern house?

Hi all,

It's my first time joining motherhood spree, but dont know why i couldn't post reply.. It says no permission wor.. wat it means? So i just PM the spree-er my order... :/

Hi mummies, just came back from wedding dinner at Marriott, food was not bad biut not fantastic. But emcee voice was too soft, cannot really hear what they are saying, abit cannot bring up the crowd.

Welcome Foliage! I will be delivering at TMC.

faeriekim (faeriekim) ,
I copy and paste your name faster this way.
I talking abt jg popular, really very EXP! my girl turning 19mths and I am looking for a course.

Nini,

Encounter the same prob when i first join the spree. hehe. Afterwhich den realise that only members who joined before 15 November 2006 are allowed to post in the spree forum. N for members who joined after that date, they must be active for one year or more before they can apply to join.
So all we can do is PM the spree-er.

faeriekim and avocado,

My 2.5 yr old son, Alden had joined JG's bilingual playclub and Edudrama before. I am particular about teachers so I had preferred Teacher Meera and Eliza at Evans Rd branch :)
He has stopped going to JG now he is in daily playgroup and waiting to attend nursery class in another kindergarten next year. There is a holiday program that JG always conduct around this time if you are interested. Besides JG, I also like GUG (Growing Up Gifted) for their zoophonics program which he had attended before going to JG. I am thinking of sending him to Berries for Chinese enrichment class now. For a half day excursion, can bring toddlers to fish farm in Chua Chu Kang or Hay Diaries. I am bringing him to a cattle farm following a school excursion this month. I am quite into sending son for good enrichment classes so any lobang, we can update each other :)

<font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font> / <font color="0000ff">Joanne</font>
hi gals, i didn't to go to last Sat's class, i had something to do. Thus, my hubby went alone to the class. U noticed a single guy alone there.? Hee...he so poor thing right. But my hubby said Mrs.Wong told him we can actually attend this 3rd lesson in her next session, which I think is in mid-June. So i think i'll go for it next mth.

Btw, my hubby said this coming Saturday class it won't be Mrs.Wong teaching. So, you gals going for her Wed/Thurs class instead?
Me n hubby will still attend the Saturday class coz my hubby in HK during weekdays.

<font color="0000ff">faeriekim</font>
no worries. i know u r a busy ftwm. C u on 1st June. U'll be bringing ur DD along right? Hope to see your cute DD.

<font size="+1"><u>Re: Gathering in the East on 1st June</u></font>

I think we'll just take Golden Pillow as the caterer since it offers more varieties.

<font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font>
thanks for helping to update. ;)

<font color="0000ff">earnestmum</font>
actually this gathering is more for mommies &amp; kids. But ur hubby is welcome to join since you need help in taking care of your son. ;)

Dear Mommies,
Let me know if your hubby planning to join also coz I might need to re-look at the venue again. Coz if headcount is too many, I don't think my condo's function hall is that suitable.

<u>Re: Gathering in the East</u>
Time: 11am
Venue: mulberry's condo at Simei
Caterer: Golden Pillow

1) Megan
2) valnsw
3) mulberry
4) Cindy
5) vone
6) earnestmum (cynthia)
7) earnestmum (cynthia)'s hubby
8) faeriekim
9) ReiRei
10) Joanne
11) Catherine
12) huichin

Note: I've removed the names of mommies which responded can't make it.

hi earnestmum,
thx for sharing the tips! i was juz wondering whether i shld send my dd to the evans road or forum branch. ok, will settle for evans road then. i saw the holiday prog, but i tink quite ex as well, so instead, juz wait for her to turn 18mos and then send to the weekend class.

as for zoophonics, was even thinking of sending her all the way to jurong(!!) for the pure zoophonics class. heard tat the jurong branch better. indeed, when i called up the east coast branch, nearly fainted. the person who picked up the phone said 'pls call back tmrw for enquiries, i am the teacher.' :S
i know tat GUG has zoophonics as well, within their curriculum when i attended the trial wif my daughter. but, i tink still send to jg cos of the bilingual thingy.

ok, tat's all for now for enrichment b4 i bore all the other mummies.

avocado, share share ur findings as well ok?

mulberry, i still undecided whether to bring along dd cos of my ultra-big belly. gonna be inconvenient running ard after her n trying to eat. plus all the other mummies oso can't help to run after her.

Mrs Teng,

Oh..sorry to hear your maid story..its better to have peace of mind and manage on your own than have somebody to trouble u at this time..so are you looking for somebody else or planning to wait for sometime.. me and hb managng on our own..have a lady coming once in a while to do the cleaning..hope to find somebody after babies come.. Have you been able to go for any antenatal classes??
I can feel the baby kicking more on one side.can't make out which one is kicking..neways trrow my scan..just waiting to see both of them.
Have you bought babycot and stroller..we're confused if to buy twin pram or buy 2 separate ones..any idea?
take care..

valnsw,
sometimes the BH is very scary..since doc tld i'm high risk, everytime i get BH i get very scared..great that all you meetin once in a while..wish i could join but don't want to take risk straining myself..take care..

Doubleblessing

Not planning to have a maid just yet. Currently, looking for a part-timer to help out a bit if possible.

I can feel one of the babies leg on my side too.. she super active and when she stretch... OMG it hurts bcos it just right next to my ribcage.. so got to push her legs back.

As for antenatal classes, I've not sign up any bcos my mobility is really very limited.. I'm practically in bed or sitting on the sofa most of the time... I can't stand for long bcos of the pressure from the weight of my baby who is directly on my pelvic (One of the babies' head directly on top)

I've gotten one Crib for the moment, so be putting both for about 3 mths or so before I get another. As for stroller, be getting 2 seperate ones.. Got some feedbacks from some twins' mum that twin pram can be bulky n definitely not possible to go up escalators. Storage in the car also post a problem.. once u put the twin pram in the boot. that's it.. no much space for others.. If u get 2 identical model of the single stroller, u can get a connector to join them..

Re: BH

Oh! I'm getting it everyday... it's just a matter of how bad it is...I dun go out unless necessary.. even if I do, my hubby will wheelchair me as much as possible.. Not taking any risk.

Good luck for trrow's scan... do update..
happy.gif

Tigg3r

Anybody attended pre-natal Yoga here? Is there any benefits to it? I'm a beginner and im very big-sized n heavy...not sure if i can attend? *paisey*

hi nini,
pre-natal yoga is good cos u do stretches and learn breathing techniques, supposed to be good for delivery. So everyone is suitable for PN yoga. If u are not sure, call up the centre to ask for advices from the yoga instructor

nini,
i just attended the prenatal yoga class. like what foliage mention, its on breathing techniques and some stretches that is supposed to help in delivery. for me, i haven't exercise for a long long time, so its kind of tiring for me on the first lesson. hopefully, as i progress things will get better.

now i feel tired even after climbing 2 flight of stairs.

Morning mummies!

Yesterday went to the Robinsons Sale, faints! Spent over $600+ on baby's stuff &amp; still not done with buying. Luckily they are providing free delivery above $150, if not i will faint if ask me to drag everything back.

If I can't find a babysitter in time, I would have to settle with a maid.

I din sign up for any prenatal class. I will learn from the confinement lady on how to take care of the bb.

oh mua gg for my 28th wk checkup on thurs liao, so excited!

morning all..

Mulberry...dun worry abt squeezing us all in
happy.gif
Thanks for doing all the work..it was a super tiring week for me - school, hb in India, daughter sick, work, the hb came back..food poisoning had to go to hospital.. walao...until somebody had to ask my hb--u sure ur wife okie??
luckily yday had a sort of a breather and i went to get Jane's durian cake..it was really good
happy.gif

hey catherine..did u say u r planning for early c-section? I will be at glen too and probably early Aug c-sec as well..
happy.gif

hey faeriekim..my daughter is at siglap zoo phonics..i find the teacher pretty good...and the admin ppl very friendly..its quite alright
happy.gif

tis maid thingy is giving me a headache..i am half hearted abt getting a maid but bu my hb is worry that we cant cope with 2, school and work..sigh...i noe the luxury of hving a maid but i also noe the pain of having a cannot make it maid...

Morning Mummies,
Busy for the past few days so din logged on. Sorry to miss out a few postings on the East Gathering. Im good with Golden Pillow. I will check with my hubby if he wants to join or he wan to have his own time for himself. A bit tired although supposed to have 3 days rest but past 3 days seems busy with lots of agendas. Today is my 28 weeks liao glad to move into another stage of the pregnancy. Take care all mummies. :)

Hi faeriekim,

i was also thinking of putting my gal in JG but the distance deters me. It is also a long wait list to enroll her as well. so in the end, i went to a nearby enrichment school called Baby Jumper Gym.

My gal is turning 18 months by end june. What about urs?

Hi Megan,
read that you are going for early c-section. May I please ask why? Is it because ur first is a C-section as well? I am contemplating if i should go for a planned c-section as my doctor is advising me to.

Good Morning!
Went Isetan, Taka and Kiddy Palace over the weekend and bought some bb’s stuff…
Waiting for hb to come back in June to get the playpen…

Snow,
I ordered some clips for the 2 princesses from the BP liao…heehee
Yalor, think must really pause buying man but with GSS coming…really difficult lah…
BTW, Taka members’ sale is this Fri to Sun…heehee

Actually, it is quite good to have a hb which is cost-sensitive, unlike my hb, sometimes I really fed up that he is anyhow spending $ lor…

Mulberry,
Dun know leh, my next checkup is still 4 weeks time…maybe after that will be more frequent liao…actually I oso forgot when start 2 weeks’ checkup liao…heehee

Nope, my gynae didn’t mentioned abt another DS lor…I just know think after 36weeks or so, will be placed on CTG to check for contractions…

Jo &amp; Storeberry,
I still walk very fast now leh and can overtake others…hahaha, my colls always say I dun behave like a preggie…

Fae,
I already bought a Leapfrog toy that will be a pressie from jiejie to meimei, haven’t bought anything for meimei to jiejie though…maybe will get my gal to choose herself.

Fae, Avocado &amp; Earnestmun,
My gal attended GUG when she turns 1yo too and it really teaches her phonics which stays with her until now…and after that stopped coz started cc…now she is attending I Can Read for English and Tien Hsia for Chinese….I’m happy with her progress…

morning ladies!
had been bz with the chalet thingy, so tired now.

m2b
taka sale this fri, og also got member sale going on leh....ha ha...wanna save 1st also cannot. =P

hi-tea gathering
so cfm all those in the list going liao hor?
let me noe, i'll try to reserve table this afternoon okie?

Snow,
Yalah, so many sales gg on...how to save or pause buying? I'm so tempted to start buying clothes for after pregnancy man...hahaha

Wana get the playpen coz saw 1 at $109 at Kiddy Palace but hb said wait till he is back then buy...sian

hi megan,
ya mine is a c-sec. But date will be 28th july. Was suppose to be 1st Aug, but cos that day is the start of the chinese 7th mth, so hubby dont want. So we discussed with gynae to bring fwd "alittle bit". we might prob "meet" at gleneagles :p

M2B/Snow,
which BP did you order the clips from ? I'm so tempted to order but dono if the clips will be painful for young bb or not. Care to share the ones you bought ?

Re:taka sale
members got extra disc ah ? i not taka member lei.

Re:GSS
went to mothercare at parkway and the salesgirl told me their sale will start on 23rd May
happy.gif

m2b
my hb ask me what is the diff between after preggy and what i used to be b4 preggy?
so, dun need to buy unnecessary lah...ha ha....
i'm aiming on handbag and cosmetic stuffs in taka sale actually...shh....

is the playpen cash-n-carry?
if not, can order 1st rite?

catherine
yes, member got extra 10% disc on top of their sales price.
too bad u cannot go yoga this fri lah, else both of us can go cheong taka sale after that leh...hee hee....
btw, i got the member card. =P

GSS start when?

now that i got a baby cot from ex-colleague, i don't have a bumper. is it necessary to get a bumper for baby cot? i don't want to buy a full set of beddings now cos i already got 2 sets of pillows and bolster with the extra cases liao.

Morning everyone!
Hope you had a good rest over the weekend
happy.gif

M2B,
You very zai...still can overtake people! I think I'm a traffic hogger now!

M2B/Snow,
The Taka member sale got anything good? I roughly saw the newsletter, like nothing for us to buy! What about OG sale?

Mummies/MTBs with sons,
Is there anything we can use to prevent bb from peeing at us when we change their diapers?

i got the following email from stemcord. mummies who wish to find out more, maybe can go for the talk.

Dear Parent-to-be,

Greetings from StemCord!

Come, join us for a SPECIAL WORKSHOP specially organised for Parents-to-be.

STEMCORD MOTHER'S DAY WORKSHOP

Workshop topics include:

* Cord Blood Banking - why you need to store your baby's precious stem cells?
* Baby massage - learn the magic of touch that soothes baby's nerves
* Breastfeeding - the right and best way to feed your baby

The workshop are conducted by qualified consultants

Date: Saturday, 24 May 2008

Time: Session 1 - 10.00am to 12.00pm
Session 2 - 2.00pm to 4.00pm

Venue: 6A Napier Road Gleneagles Hospital Level 3 Auditorium

Light refreshment and free gift provided

Special Discount on Cord Blood Banking! Valid only on 24 May 2008.

FREE REGISTRATION! Call us now at 6471 2002 to register!

Angelina Tan
Customer Service Executive
StemCord Pte Ltd
Gleneagles Medical Centre
6 Napier Road #02-13
Singapore 258499
Tel: (65) 6471 2002
Fax: (65) 6471 5255

morning mummies

snow,
the take sale is open to public or only for members ar? n yup, im in for e high tea

mulberry,
glad to hear ur fine, tot y u nv attend class. so that brave guy who attended class alone was ur HB. If my HB, he will be more than happy to NOT attend it. haha..ya, n im sticking to the sat class next week too, weekdays my HB end work late so cant.

M2B,
think 30-32 weeks must do another growth scan if im not wrong. To make sure baby growing well. Im probably gonna get the 3D/4D scan done together.

celyn
think gss starting this fri. =)

yuuri
normally i went taka sale to buy pigeon stuffs, and my own facial cleanser thingy. =P
might be buying fathers day gift from either taka or og also lor.

hi ladies...
do u have any good confinment lady to recommend?
for those whose have confirmed your CL, what criterias do you look for? please share your experience. many thanks.
happy.gif

joanne
taka sale is open to public also, but only member got extra 10% discount.

celyn
if u want extra $50 discount on stemcord banking, i can "recommend" u lor. =)
think each recommendation is a $100 discount, can share $50 each.

snow74,
actually, we haven't decide if we want to keep baby's cord blood. we are thinking of getting more information with gynae. cos we don't really see the benefits of banking. even if we are banking also don't know bank with who. hehehe..... thanks for your offer, will defintely look for you once we confirm to use stemcord.

Catherine,
I ordered the clips from this BP: -

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1422723.html?1210831669

Snow,
Hahaha, I oso hope I can fit into my pre-preggie clothings and thus dun need to waste $ to change my wardrobe after birth man…just had a chat with my best fren last Sat, she delivered on 01 May and she said only the skirts can fir, pants all gone case…sob sob, and I’m a pants-lover…

I oso aiming at Biotherm pdts in Taka sale...Pigeon stuff already having 20% at Taka last weekend...

Yuuri,
Yalor, I can still walk rather fast although preggie…heehee, just have to remind myself that I can’t run…

Joanne,
I dun rbr doing any growth scan when preggie with my 1st…maybe it is something new…

celynlee,
GSS starts on 23rd May. This fri.

I'm also thinking of getting a bumper. Dono lei seems all pics of cots always have a bumper on it :p But i saw this Double Sided book from Tiny Love can tie on the cot also. Same time as double as bumper and train baby eyes. http://www.tinylove.com/toy.aspx?toyId=26

Joanne/M2M,
I asked my gynae she said my next growth scan is at 32weeks
happy.gif

Re: Stemcord
Anyone going for cordlife ? I'm thinking of going with them.

mummies..

1. anyone heard of the amby motion bed? if u do a search on webby can see...was looking at it..like not bad...

2. remember that small little baby cot bed that we were discussing back then. Can give me the name of the cot bed again and the shop at AMK that sells it?

Back