(2008/08) Aug 2008

rei, i think my CL will also buy if i'm agreeable to using the herbs to bathe. the $1800 i'm paying her is just for services only. things like bath herbs and food, i still need to give her money to buy. btw, can i alternate between the confinement shampoo, shower gel, etc. or must i always use the herbs everyday? thinking whether to buy the toiletries or not, coz' i plan to bathe no matter what.

Catherine/snow
I decided to give the yoga a miss alrdy..HB keeps harping that im quite preg now, then start to take up yoga. is the yoga good??

Mulberry/megan
Thanks for suggesting qi ji and golden pillow. Im fine with both! And yes, 11am is fine =)

Do you mummies know if i go isetan today, will there still be sale for the fisher price mobile at same price Val bought?? Quite keen to get it also also seeing Val's link!Seems like discount quite substantial

mulberry,

Sorry. I will have lunch appt with my parents in law on 1 June
sad.gif
they have been asking me and my husband to eat dim sum with them ..

u gals enjoy ur gathering
happy.gif

valnsw,
ya the tiger food jar was on sale. I think usual price was $60 now selling $49. got 2 colors - pink and champange.

mulberry,
I ok with anything as long as got food to eat
happy.gif

seriz,
Oh dear, pls get your rest. It's more important than anything else! Anybody looking after your daughter? else it will be quite tiring too.

joanne,
best way to find out about the discount is to call Isetan Scotts: Tel: 65-6733 1111

http://www.isetan.com.sg/contactus/index.jsp

I also called Robinsons etc whenever I want to find out about their sales *winkz*

huichin, my hubby was crazy over the quinny zapp. i wasn't too eager, as the stroller cannot recline, so can only use when bb is much older, say 6 mths. if want to use from birth, must buy maxi cosi infant car seat. again, the car seat can only last for less than a year since it's for infant, not toddler. also, since the zapp cannot recline, baby cannot really sleep comfortably and can only be in 1 position all the time.

the plus side about this pdt is the durability. it's also stable (3 wheels) and can fold down to a compact size (suitable for cars with small boots). in the end, we decided not to spend this kind of money and buy the maclaren quest, which can fit snugly into our car boot. i'm more comfortable using it also, since it's umbrella fold, and the features for the 2008 model are really quite good.

Re: Gathering in the East
Date: 1st June
Time: 11am - Im ok.
Venue: mulberry's condo at Simei - Im ok

1) Megan - OK with catering
2) valnsw - OK with catering
3) mulberry - OK with catering
4) Cindy - ok with catering
5) vone - OK with catering
6) earnestmum (cynthia)
7) faeriekim
8) ReiRei
9) chipchip
9) Joanne - OK with catering
10) Gemini
11) Catherine

serriz,
I gained abt 8kg liao or more but still below 50kg cos im only 41kg prior to pregnancy.

celynlee,
i tink u can wait til ur lunch time 2 eat. afterall, it's oni 4 a short while.

krex78,
i oni gt d california baby pdts fr d website previously, bt nt d postpartum pdts. i oni use d herbs 2 bath, thus, i dun need 2 buy d pdts.

cindy,
wow, you must be petite before pregnant. 41kg seems like very long ago for me liao.

vone,
thanks. i think so too but sometimes i do feel guilty. hahahha......

vone, when u were doing confinement, did u use the herbs to bathe or towel bath? are we allowed to use herbs to bathe and rinse off with warm tap water?

Megan,
oh -Me also staying at street 34

Cindy,
wow you must be small size huh - i gained 6 kg so far but ord 61kg now - haha

Valnsw,
have a maid to help ot however my girl is like superglue - sticking tight to me at home...therefore quite tiring. peaceful is only when she is in school or at playground....

Hey Krex78, oh whoa...actually it makes sense hor. Hmmm. Will survey others then. Hehe. But i think my mum wanna sponsor me an item - was supposed to be the baby cot - now that i've got one hand-me-down, if she's buying it then i can get it! LOL. But hor i saw from the Mothercare's website that i can actually use the baby car seat while my bb is still small. So if get maybe can get both - the Zapp itself + the baby car seat. Duno how it works though. Must go to the store and ask them then better. Heh. Another brand that i saw not bad was Capella (i think). Any other brands/models for strollers to suggest then?

Re: Gathering in the East
Time: 11am - ONz
Venue: mulberry's condo at Simei - ONz

1) Megan - OK with catering
2) valnsw - OK with catering
3) mulberry - OK with catering
4) Cindy - ok with catering
5) vone - OK with catering
6) earnestmum (cynthia)
7) faeriekim
8) ReiRei
9) chipchip
9) Joanne - OK with catering
10) Gemini
11) Catherine
12) Hui Chin - OK with both Qiji/Golden Pillow catering

hehe...

Serriz,
Must take care and rest as much as possible...hope your gynae gives you green light to start work again after the appt.
happy.gif

I oso have a gal who is 4yrs+ and expecting another Minnie now.
happy.gif

Hi M2B,

when is ur due date - is your girl looking forward to your princess minnie?

My girl kept emphasizing to me that she is my number one baobei and i must love her very much. guess she is feelin insecure - thats y i'm thinkin of getting her a present and when deliver i will tell her is from meimei

Krex,
I plan to bathe everyday and wash my hair too.
Tho the old folks will nag but dun tink i can tahan.
I'm tinking of jus using watever herbs my mil buys to bathe body and normal shampoo for hair.
Btw watz so special abt confinement shampoo and shower gel? I've not heard of it b4.. :p

krex78,

i used d herbs 2 bath. u hv 2 boil d herbs in a big pot, then use d water 2 bath. u r nt supposed 2 use tap water 2 rinse off as it wld defeat d purpose of using d herbs.

Serriz,
Yes! Datz wat my bro did when they haf bb#2. The jeh-jeh was soo happie and luvs the pressie her lil' baby bro gives her!
happy.gif

Btw, how many weeks are u now?

hi ladies, the thread is moving too fast for me.

Re: herbs for bathing during confinement.
i also used the herbs for bathing and washing hair. but for hair i will only wash on alternate days and quickly blow dry it. Not good to catch a cold during confinement

Hi ReiRei,
i guess i have to do this - in fact kids are very smart nowadays... they know what is gg on. me currently 24 weeks
how abt you?

Doubleblessing

Congrats on your LFT too!

Like u, I'm having problem coping with multiple pregnancy. Dun have helpers around.. I only do the cooking if I can manage. Hubby will do all the household chores during the weekends. Usually he will load the laundry at nite and I'll just switch on the next day and transfer to the dryer that's all...

Hired a maid for 5 days and she stressed us up.. Bad attitude (show faces all the time), no manners(walk ahead of me and hubby), cleaning halfway done, don't follow instructions, laze around (take nap without permission), sleeps at about 8.30 to 9pm... Best of all, I got to switch off lights for her at nite on 2 occasions.. Don't even serve breakfast.. (aiyo, my hubby n I got to serve her rice during meal time) Somemore can tell me, she was told by agent that she's strictly here to take care of babies.. nothing more ... OMG, wat a lame excuse. Like that I might as well hire a babysitter.

I was so stressed up until I thot I lost my babies when I woke up one morning and realised they were not kicking for almost half a day...

I'm taking it slowly...tong for another few more weeks. so even when the new maid really stress me again, I won't run the risk of having premmies too soon.

Apart from the backache, how are you coping?

Tigg3r

m2b
ya, din buy anything cos my friend keep theeling me that those items should be cheaper in taka sales....

then how? so u can still take leve to join us?
seem like most of them prefer 21st ya?

yes, the previous gap order is here.
still waiting for the ON 1 leh, dunno why vpost holding on to it....hmm....

catherine & joanne
u gals naughty lah, fly aeroplane....ha ha...
i din hear anybody's name catherine or joanne, so i suppose u gals din make it there liao lor.
stretch till now feel like sleeping, guess cos its very relaxing bah.

joanne
starting to exercise is never too late, especially now we near 3rd tri need even more stretching to handle labour. =)
but its really up to individual lor, man's perception is always $ saving only...ha ha...

serriz
pls take care, and try not to walk around too much.
3 more mths only, and everything will be over. =)

snow74,
good to know that you have enjoy your class. i think i better make it a point to go and sign up for class tomorrow. i will never get started if i don't go tomorrow. will try to go shopping for pants tonight. if not, just go with my normal pants first.

can you help me to post out my gap top? let me know how much to pay you. don't think i will be able to meet up with you cos my mum is coming to stay with me for a few days. so used to '2 persons' world now' don't know what will happen. hehehe....

Serriz,
My EDD is 02 Aug so hoping to deliver in July man…heehee
Yap, my gal is looking fwd to meimei’s arrival, she kept telling me she is giving this and that to meimei and will be doing this and that for meimei…think she waits until her neck long liao, kept telling me why Aug so long…heehee

I will get her a gift to be given to her at the hospital too. :p

Snow,
I will love to join but dun think I can take so many leave next week since it is a short week too coz Mon is PH…you gals go ahead and plan 1st.

Hehe, seem like I have many orders with you leh…think come paying time, I will faint man…Think I got Gap, ON and BBmall orders leh…OMG!

celyn
ya, pls start to exercise.
it really help to stretch and loosen those necessary muscle, so as to aid during normal delivery lor.

will try to ok, u noe i got no experience in pkg thing to post hor....
pls try to tahan me if my pkg is lousy. =P
btw, u gotta pm me ur addy 1st leh...ha ha... =D

snow74,
i have pm you my address liao. don't worry, i won't tell others about your lousy when i receive it (just joking, hahahah). as long as i received the top, i don't care how you pack it lah. do let me know once you send out so i can look out for it. yeah... got new clothes to wear again.

m2b
oh oh....will miss u.... =(

hee hee....me too mah, think i'm not buying any lesser than u lor.
had been looking at that princess bow clip things, still fighting with myself on whether to buy or not leh. =P

huichin, capella is not bad but in terms of quality and size, can't compare to maclaren quest. the maxi cosi infant car seat won't last u more than a year. i hate the thought of buying another car seat after that, so i'm just going to get the maclaren stroller (which lasts till bb is about 3-4 yrs) and a convertible car seat that can be used from 3 mths till about 2-3 yrs.

hi all,
i'm back. Went for my gynae appt. Appt is suppose to be 12pm but my turn only at 1pm...wait until i sianz liao.
Anyways, i gained 1.3kg from my last visit. Thus, my total weight gain is now 7.3kg
sad.gif

Today got take blood test, poke finger to draw out abit of blood. My gynae said my red blood count abit low. Ask me to eat more green leefy vegetables and red meat. :p

Since now enter 3rd trimester liao, my next gynae visits will be every 2weeks.

after seeing gynae, me n hubby went Raffles City to have lunch. after that I walk walk abit at Coach, Kate Spade and Robinsons. but later tummy got a bit crampy feeling. Thus when home. actually wanted to go to the Isetan sale lah. But since tummy got cramp feeling, i better not risk it.

<font color="0000ff">Rata</font>
oh my gynae got do scan today. But didn't see bb weight again. Anyway, my gynae said I will have to do 8th Mth detailed scan (i think that's the growth scan). Hee...so will get to see my bb in detail again...yippee!

<font color="0000ff">valnsw</font>
u also cannot take spicy food? Is it becoz of gastric? Me is becoz of gastric problem.

<font color="0000ff">huichin</font> / <font color="0000ff">Megan</font>
how's the portion for Golden Pillow ar? coz i looking at their menu now, like for example, the Curry Chicken Bun, 1 can serve how many ppl?

<font color="0000ff">ReiRei</font>
nasi lemak ar? It depends how spicy is it. You tried Qi Ji's nasi lemak before? is it very spicy ar?
or maybe i just don't eat the sambal part hor...hehe... I looking at their menu now, their $4.80 Nasi Lemak set looks good.

<font color="0000ff">serriz</font>
oh dear, do take care ya. Listen to your gynae and have total bed rest.
We all can have another gathering again after our babies are born. I think it'll be more fun then...hehe...so many cute babies then..
happy.gif

<font size="+1">Dear mommies coming to the Eastside gathering on 1st June,</font>

I think most has responded except faeriekim, earnestmum and Gemini. hee...but I think faeriekim should be ok with catering. Ya faeriekim? ;)

calling for <font color="aa00aa"><font size="+1">earnestmum</font></font> and <font color="aa00aa"><font size="+1">Gemini</font></font>........can pls confirm again whether you can make it to the 1st June gathering and whether you ok with catering with from either Qi Ji or Golden Pillow.

oh I just read from the website that Qi Ji only delivers from 12pm. Thus, if we take Qi Ji, our gathering shall start on 12pm? Hee...of course I don't mind if you all wanna come earlier lah, since I already made booking of the function hall from 11am - 3pm. We can just chit chat first. I can provide mineral water, Vitagen / Yakult for us to drink while waiting. ;)

<u>Re: Gathering in the East</u>
Time: 11am or 12pm (depending on taking which caterer)
Venue: mulberry's condo at Simei
Food: catering from either Qi Ji or Golden Pillow

1) Megan
2) valnsw
3) mulberry
4) Cindy
5) vone
6) earnestmum (cynthia)
7) faeriekim
8) ReiRei
9) Joanne
10) Gemini
11) Catherine
12) huichin

M2B,

my EDD is 31.8.08 however me gg thru C section therefore will schedule 2 weeks before -
actually quite sad cos the first child i went thru natural delivery but now the child child i have to go thru C section.
afraid it might affect my breastfeeding - cos heard that C section is very painful?

<font color="0000ff">Snow74</font>
i collected my princess bowbow clippies yesterday (which i ordered from the overseas spree). Very cute!!
hehe...me so bad hor, tempting you...

mulberry
ha ha...ya lor, but its really cute leh.
my hb told me dun need to tell him for such stuffs, but after i bought back he sure nag 1.
unless his precious princess liek it so much till use it everyday lah. =P

if u are not feeling well hor, remember to rest hor.
cos yesterday after going to isetan and walking on orchard rd, actually left side of my lower tummy also cramp and pain.
think its slightly to heavy now for us to walk too much? =(

hey serriz..

hmm maybe we can meet up ya?
happy.gif
r u at Eden?
I also hv a gal who is 4yrs old this yr...she is quite looking forward to the brother coming
happy.gif
cos we make sure she includes the brother in her morning greetings, prayers etc
happy.gif

hmm well 1 curry can cater to at least 4-5pax..plus side dishes like mee goreng/noodles which was very nice!
happy.gif

mul
u collected yr clips already? i have not lei. wander if i'm the first or second batch.
recently i also order from :
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1422723.html?1210831669

snow,
u know my hubby don;t wana let me buy those japan canvas bags but ask me to buy those clips for my girl which cost more!!!!
sad.gif

high tea:
at the moment i can only think of marriot's one from 3:30 to 5:30pm as it is very convenient for all. u have any other idea?

Megan,

yuppie me residing at Eden - of cos we can meet up. you are also staying at eden?

my gal is 3 years old - haha can play with your gal or they can go swimming together...

twin stars
that is man lor.....

i seldom eat hi-tea, so i'm not sure also.
but think saw someone mentioned about goodwood park rite?
i'm fine with marriot, what about the rest?
so its 21st May, next Wed?

snow,
i just got yr email, yeah.all my items got thru
happy.gif

mul,
my blood test shows i'm anemic so i'm on iron pills since 2nd trimester as i was shivering throughout my first trimester remember. i don;t eat iron food at all so it's worst for me....yup, stock up on iron food so you'll have more energy too.

i skip 1 day of iron pill yesterday n i woke up in cold shivers this morning...bad hor. i told my hubby this wkend i better eat a steak!

hi mulberry,

oops sorry, i MIA again. have been tired cos of work and also cos my girl was sick, coming to 2 wks already, but now recovering.
Qi Ji nasi lemak, i have tried before, like their chilli, maybe i can take spicy stuff, so the hotness of the chilli, i can tahan.
as for the catering, i get back to u, can? when do you need to order? cos i need to check with my hb first. nowadays, if need to bring my girl out, my hb will insist on either him or my maid to follow me.

snow,
i think some of us prefer 21....shall we make it 21 may?
i'm fine with either goodwood park or marriot. but goodwood park got a flight of stairs to overcome lei...hehe ( or do they have an escalator already? )

high tea :
which do u guys prefer:
1) goodwood park
2) marriot

Snow,
Same here, me oso aiming at the bow clips...heehee

Haha, guess we spent too much liao and our 2nd minnies still not out yet leh...OMG!

Serriz,
I had natural for 1st and thus oso hoping for natural for this birth...
happy.gif

Mulberry,
Your checkup now every 2 weeks? My next checkup still 4 weeks' interval leh and I will be 32weeks+ then...

any mummies suffering from pelvic area muscle pull? not sure how to describe it, but it's only on my right side.when i walk, can feel the pain or lift up my leg (while lying on the bed), can feel the muscle pull from the start of the upper thigh (joining our pelvis area).

twin stars
just now my bus pass by goodwood park, think its still stairs lah...ha ha...
i'm fine with 21st, so the rest choose location?

m2b
unless our precious princess like that clip, else i sure ganna 1 leh. =P
ya, had been spending....better PAUSE buying...ha ha.....
dun tempt me any more har! =D

gemini
me, me.
especially when turning from side to side on bed, its Oouch!

serriz
i got slip disc + my gal in breech position, my gynae still die die dun wanna cfm c-sect or not.
ur gynae very straight 4ward hor?
at least u can plan better.

snow,
how do i pay u for the spree?
u better don;t carry heavy things and take care of yr back okie

high tea:
snow, u organize la, i'm jus helping to find out the location,hehe
happy.gif

we shld take some pics or us preggies gathering together, sure look very cute. all the big belly's are gathering,hehe

mul,
if i still stay in the east, i sure go one.....maybe if i' around the area, i'll ask my hubby to drive me there to pop by to say hi but won;t stay long as we have alot of errands to run

i just email rachel from pretty bows, hopefully can get those clips. i think i must stop my shoppin liao

gemini,snow
that is called ligament pain. our pelvics are stretching to get ready for the big day

twin stars &amp; vone
so now we cfm 21st May, 3.30pm @ marriott?
if so, we can start to list down namelist so that its easier to reserve table ya? =)

serriz,
not sure if it will affect you. let me check and let you know.

krex/huichin,
the quinny zapp, like krex said cannot recline. Even if baby is older when she sleeps it's very uncomfortable. One of my fren regretted and becos of the recline problem they ended up buying another stroller.

snow74,
I PM you my gap order already
happy.gif

snow74,

becos i told her i need to prepare myself - so she dropped me a hint - saying its gd to start preparing, treat it as a bonus that you can pick a date for baby's arrival....

Back