(2008/04) April 2008

Burby_Babe: so far my ss is only average of abt 75ml .. sometimes more only up to 100ml .. no worries .. it will gradually increase as u keep pumping / feeding bb

I realised that if bb dun suckle for longer like 15mins or more per side, the hind milk (more filling compared to foremilk) doesnt get to bb n she will wake up more often like 1 hr to 2 hr for feed as the foreilk alreadi digested.

Then i also realised if we dun rest/sleep enough, milk doesnt come in n can only pump like at most 50-70ml combined for both sides. This is also true if we take little ginger, alcohol/wine in food, sesame oil, Dom etc. However if we take papaya with fish soup, ss increased by two fold within 3 hrs, can pump like 100ml for combined side. This is the fastest and effective in increasing milk ss within short period of time. Also it wll cause engorgement/blocked duct if bb is nt diligent in latching the breast for long like 15-20 mins per side. I find papaya fish soup more effective than red date longan tea, black bean soup with trotters etc. Red date longan tea is good to restore energy level and so we dun feel so drained but we still need to rest / sleep when bb sleep.

Hi Strawberries, sorry missed your earlier post. Yah. i am under dr benjamin tham. How was your induced labour? Yep I booked my package. I had to take the classic package because I did not go to the pte suite for any appointment before so cannot opt for the premier package. I chose class A1. How about you?

Koori - I am now 5 days now. i delivered on 18th. would like to express as much breast milk as possible. coz baby slps most of the time and worried that ss will decrease if i dun express in 3 hour intervals. worried about my supply... envious of those of you who have so much milk. sigh. hope that i have enough milk for bb....

Thank Jenny.... think i have not been drinking enough water...

Tried expressing every 3 hourly since last night. each time only about total 40-50ml from both sides. sigh.... hope that there will be more today. sigh.

hi, me from Jan08 thread. have the below. if u are keen, please pm me. tks.

<font color="aa00aa">Umbilical Cord &amp; Name Seal</font> http://www.babeszone.com.sg/umbilical_cord.htm
Seller is giving discount if hit min 5 seals. PM me for pricing/details.

<font color="aa00aa">Lingenius CDs or DVDs</font> eg. Baby Signing and Nursery Rhymes http://www.lingenius.com/index.php
Seller giving >10% discount if hit $150 and above. Delivery self-collect at CBD/Raffles Place/City Hall or postage (to be paid by buyer). PM me ur order if you interested.

Thanks.

<font color="0077aa">burpy_babe, dun be discourage.. me initially was very discouraging.. but all thanx to the mummies here.. and is true tat currently the supply low is ok.. juz do frequent pumping.. every 3 hourly.. i also under dr benjamin tham.. took the classic package too.. oso stayed in A1 Class. . The induced labour is like a long wait.. bout 19 hours before i finally delivered my bb.. which ward were u in?? so u discharge already?? and ur bb gal home wif u?</font>

Strawberries - best to pump every 2-3hrs, so that it can stimulate the flow. Whenever we pump means we have demand for the milk then the breasts can increase its SS to meet our demand. Don feel engorge then pump cos u will feel very uncomfortable.

Re : Diapers
Wan share wat brand and type u all using for the bb now?

I realised that the diapers used up so fast. My bb now using S size liao outgrown NB size...but some brands S size also very small.

Koori,
Am using NB samples from dryers and huggies during daytime and NB mamy poko and pampers for nite time. My favourite has to be pampers followed by may poko, huggies and dryers. Dryers material not so good and the tape is quite tacky i feel, compared to the rest.

Dryers s size is small as well as mamy poko compared to pampers and huggies. My girl is using a mixture of NB and S size for coming to D27. Think she would outgrow the NB soon.

hello mummies, sorry for intruding, i have below items for cheap sales! Pls PM me if interested.
Collection at AMK.

1) Adhesive Maternity Pad (Brand: Kotex) - 1 BN pack(10pcs)+ 1 Open pack but each pad is individually wrap(6 pcs) = $4 + $2

2) Disposable Underpad(Brand: UroPlast) - 5pcs = $2
Very useful for protecting your bed against postpartum blood stain after discharge from hospital.

3) Ultra Mini for urine leakage(Brand: Tena) - 19 pcs = $3

4) BN Special Grade Dang Gui Ginseng Blood Formation Essence (1 box=75mlx6 bottles) = $12
1371934.jpg

5) BN Special Grade Instant Cordyceps Ginseng Plus (1 box=75mlx6 bottles) = $12
1371935.jpg

Free gift for purchase > $4 (1st come 1st serve):
1. Half bottle Cocoa butter stretch mark cream (Brand: Palmer's)

2. ~ Half Tube Nipple sore cream (Brand: Palmer's)

hi koori,

My current confinem ending in 8 days time.. dun wanna change as she is the 3rd CL liao.
just ve to bear wif these nonsense she created.
My hubby did ask her to open her door at night as she complained v hot but she told him, she has the habit of closing door to sleep. So, we got No choice.

hi Amy:
Thks for the advice. we have decided to let bb sleep at our side once CL leaves. (can't wait)
then i can let bb latch on. Now my EBM, the stupid CL dun even bother to warm up n let bb drink, see how lazy she is. BTW, she's fr Bliss Confinem Agency..

Gemini,
Who's the CL again? We better be careful in engaging such services. Maybe u can tape down certain action without her knowledge and feedback to Bliss Confinement on her credibility. Need to blacklist CL in the thread to warn other mummies with the intent of getting one.

ha ha..

All thks to Bliss confinement agency, now i have phobia of confinement when the one i selected since last yr need to go home cos of family matters.

The 2 replacement ones really cannot make it. Really doubt its credibility.

hi mummies, just checking is it alright to take Panadol while we are BF? I think i am coming down with abit of flu and sore throat. Dun want it to get worst so took 2 panadol.

Diapers: My baby byron has outgrown NB size and upgrade to S as well ha. Am using Nepia and Pampers. FYI there is offer for most brands in NTUC this week so can grab more first
happy.gif

Gemini - wow u only got 8 more days! I got 10 more days, cant wait! My mom ask me to complain to the agent abt her service...i see no point, i tell her she also never clean up properly my kitchen, make a big mess.

Scubababe - i did ask my GP if can take panadol during Bf, she say no issue...but its those plain type of panadol, not those added flu type.

hi okie dokie, my left breast also experience the same prob, but can be expressed out one. I use an electric pump btw. B4 pumping, i will use a wet towel to clean my nipple to make sure no clogs, then massage the breast, 10 times to the left and 10 times to the right. It works! u may wanna try this.

Scubababe: I had a high fever yest too and I called my gynae to ask. He said its perfectly fine and can still BF. but no flu tablets though. Its ok for mum to bf when have flu, but cant take flu medicine. I had sore throat due to heaty confiment fd and took strepsils, doc says its ok to bf too.

Btw, my bb was warded in hospital yest for high fever, but thank God he is ok now. As the flu bug is gg ard now, mummies with bb less than 3 mths old must make sure no sick pple go near or touch the bb. my heart really broke into pieces and my hb, mil and I cried and cried when the treatment of antibodies had to b administered thru my bb's skull after being poked 30 times by the doc who were unable to locate his veins.

Simp,

Great idea, maybe we should start a list of the confinement ladies we used and give comments on them so that the mummies in the other threads can also idntify who are the good ones and who are the bad ones...

Gemini,

Eeks... how long has the ebm been standing at room temperature? or did she feed direct from the fridge?

Ladies,

Just 1 2 check, anyone going to get a freezer to store ebm? Any idea if there r small chest size freezer about the size of a bar fridge available?

Blessed - Wah must administer antibiotics thru skull, is tat the correct method? somemore the doc poked 30times!!!!! the doc ok or not, wah! heartpain. Hope bb ok now.

Amy - is ur CL good? I tik im the unlucky lot. Initially not getting thru agent but the one i booked cant make it so must change, sigh!

chewy, i faced the same comments as u too. those old folks say wun kanna sore throat fr heaty confinement food and can eat v heaty. But i still kanna and i told them liao, my grandma even worse, go and tell everyone i look pale as a ghost and a lot of relatives think i v poor thing and kept buying DOM for me. Now, I have accumulated 5 bottles of DOM liao and when I drink the wine, super hot and kept perspiring. As for ginger, my bb got slight jaundice too and PD says refrain from ginger first of bf-ing, then those aunties call and say its ok... but its b/c they use FM. I was persuaded not to bf too as scared bb not enuff supply, but i heck care and kept on pumping to keep up my supply. Now my supply hovers b/w 70-100ml for both sides and really hope it can increase tremendously.

Does any1 ve the papaya with fish recipe to share?

Blessed,

Oh my... 30 times!!! Hope your baby is fine now *hugs*

Koori,

My CL is good in terms of cooking... Cleaning so so but she is very ching chey when it comes to asking her to do chores. My mum and auntie all say she very good when they come and visit me. I like her coz she is not naggy, doesn't keep carrying baby and doesn't make negative comments about BFing.

blessed how come need to administer antibodies thru skull? and aiyo how come poke 30 times? my god... so painful... when my son went for blood test for jaundice i oredi so heartpain to see him cry....

bm ss
all bfing mummies, don get too stress by the ss. juz keep pumping n latching and your breast will slowly increase its supply. juz drink warm water and massage your breasts b4 pumping/bfing. and pump regularly

block ducts
what i did was as my son latch, i will massage the lump until it disappears. so far quite effective.

diaper
i use drypers s in the day n pampers nb at nite. drypers cutting is really small. tink have to use m size in a few weeks time.

confinement
my confinement will end this sat. kindda scared of handling my baby after that without the help of my cl. my boy seems to know how to bully me otherwise he is getting too close to the cl. cl can pacify him within seconds and i have to try so many positions with him b4 he calms down. really depressing. its as though he is rejecting me....

Blessed,
Hugs to u. 30x is really no joke esp on such young bb. Hopefully bb is now better? Let us know ok.

Amy,
Receipe from TMC on fish head and green papaya soup
<u>Ingredients:</u>
220gram green unripe papaya
1 fish head eg carp / snakehead / seabream / pofret / kurau fillet
1 slice of ginger

<u>Method:</u>
Scale and clean fish
Slimmer togther with pieces of papaya and ginger fr 4 hours / till soft and appearance milky in colour
Do not stir soup too often, remove papaya and bones before serving.

That time when i was in tmc eating the dinner, i saw that their papaya fish soup has wolfberry and ginseng. Taste good. Thin u can add wolfberry if u want.

My mum does her own version, just put wolberry, fish and papaya with dang shen to make soup. Think it is ok to put a little ginger if not the fishy smell can be quite strong. I like the soup from tmc.

Mushloom,
I also find my girl bullying me alreadi. My mum can pacify her very fast like patting her to sleep, holding her to give her security but i have difficulty to make her comfortable. When she cries, i just carry her and latch her, when i think she is ok/asleep, i try putting her down to sleep, she will open her eyes and cry very soon. Faint, i can do that for 3 to 4 hours with her. I find that she becomes over stimulated when there are visitors playing with her for a few hours. Then she could not sleep and feels tired and cranky. On sunday, there are a few relatives to come to see bb, then afternoon comes, she cant get to sleep peacefully and gets cranky. Last night, she suddenly yelled in her sleep and got all of us worried. Think she got startled? Now we dun really dare to play with her too much at nite and daytime else she becomes too stimulated / has nightmares in her sleep. Her poo has been like greenish in colour for 2 days and my parents think she is startled. I think it is becoz of breast milk but also dun know why.

Anyone know why bb poo is greenish? y HB found on internet and offer a few sayings. Either bb overfeed/underfeed or too tired. Another sayings is that bb has too much foremilk and digested too quickly not being filling and wake up every hr or 2 for feed and result in not getting enough sleep. The next saying our parents say is that bb is startled by something. How? If bb is startled, cannt carry them immediately, need to make them feel secure by putting their hands on their chest and pat them letting them feel secure and safe. Thank God, i have my mum w me, else if i am in KL, i wonder how to manage.

Have any mummies started to bathe their bb? I started 2 days ago and bathe her for 2 times. Nt easy but fulfilling when u see bb feel happy. When they cry during bathe, make me nervous.

Simp - my CL say greenish poo is cos bb startled, not sure how true. Try putting the beanspout pillow on bb chest to minimise her being startled.
I bathed bb once after i discharge cos CL haven come and my Dh gg out so i bathed her, she cried alot but managed to complete her bathing haha.

Mushloom - i find my ger bullying my Cl, maybe she knows the Cl is not doing her work so bully her @ night, kept her awake haha. .
I always wake up to pacify my ger whenever she cry for milk while the CL making the milk, i scared she cry too much until lost her voice.
Re : diapers
Yes drypers cutting really small, my ger can hardly fit into the S size.

Blessed - whenever u drink DOM, my mom say after tat drink a very small amt of water (room temp one) cos she say DOM is 'hot' so the water can soothe the throat a bit. Try drinking water after tat, hopefully not so 'heaty'.

Amy - my CL taking nap when my visitors came, she still never wake up. My visitors make comments tat she so good life still can take nap, sigh.

re : greenish stool
Simp, the other time my bb was re-warded for jaundice, she was having light green stools. the nurse told us that light green stool is due to underfed, not startled. If the bb is frightened, the stool will be dark green.

Congrats Geryl...

Thanks Koori...hope that my supply will go up soon. have been trying to pump every 3hourly if baby does not wake up in time to ask for milk.

Strawberries - yep am already at home... with bb gal... what time were you admitted on 17th? I was admitted at 930am. but labour pain only came about at 5.30pm... went through the labour pain and was given epidural at 8.30pm that night.. after that.. my dilation went up very fast. within half and hour or so i dilated from 5-6cm to 9cm. but baby's head cannot come through.. was rolled into the OT for assisted delivery by 11.30pm that night. but baby still refused to come out.. so in the end, i had to undergo emergency c-section. Dr Tham very funny.. heard that he has a few deliveries that night. when the nurses ask him, he joked that delivering babies like durian season, when one comes, all comes at the same time. haha... I was staying at 8225. How about u?

Koori - me too feel the same way.. whenever i see bb cry until like almost lost the voice i very xintong. also worried that she might lose her voice if she keep crying at the top of the voice everytime...

Hi everyone..

finally found the time to come online to surf a bit. The past 1 week has been quite busy!! Baby Justin had quite high jaundice so was re-admitted on day 5 for photolight therapy. Decided to room in together with my baby so that i am breastfeed him... so just got home on Sunday.

Baby Justin was induced on 13th April cos a check with the gynea on the 12th showed that mummy lost 2kgs!! Decided to induce to play safe...

Went to GlenE at 9.30am for the induction.. was found to be 3cm dilated liao. Wanted to be brave so tahan with no epi till 5cm dilation. That was when i really couldn't take it anymore. Asked for epi after enduring for about 4 hours. Epi inserted and found to be 7cm dilated!!! Within 30 mins, baby was ready to be born...
happy.gif
Doc said, wasted the epidural! Baby Justin was born at 3 plus that afternoon at 3.5kg.

hi ladies, tks for ur support. my bb's fever is down now and he is playing happily and drinking milk heartily in the hospital. Sigh, I regret sending my child to KK upon GP's referral. Shld have gone back to Mt A. The docs who treat my bb were just fresh grads.
sad.gif
Thank God he is fine and safe now!

sherin

my bb is not slping well..and i am sick..=(.. my mom let him slp on yao lan..and he is slping thru out till nxt feed...i moving hm on thurs, so wan buy a yan lao oso...at nite , he slp on bed...coz aftnn is hot, he don like slp on bed....tink yao lan shld be ok....my mom look aft all kids, all slp on yao lan including me and my sliblings.....any idea where i can get it? no idea wads the market price for it too......saw at shopping mall, is quite ex and is electronic....i wan those normal one..not electronic de...

green stools
according to my cl cos i eat veg so his stools sometimes is green. have read somewhere cos foremilk n hindmilk unbalance. hmmm so many version of green stool explanation. which is real?

bathing
have tried today. so panicky. was scared that i was holding him the wrong way n he will start to scream again. luckily today his mood not bad. juz whine abit only.

kea, you may want to try kiddy palace lo. saw before. My girl sleeps on the bouncer in the day coz of the hot weather and sometimes on the sofa.

mushloom, my girl loves bathing. or more like a soak in the tub coz of the warm weather. I love bathing her coz that's when she really smiles. Hee. But she'll wail the moment i cry her out. Still trying to figure out how to make her not cry when she's being carried out of e water.

sherin

i tink i saw at kiddy..quite ex..tinking if i can find in places more not so 'branded'....

RE: bathing

i scare of bathing my son..tired few times, still not steady..haiz....then i flu today, i so pek chek, i scream at him coz he so colicky...haiz..i feel lyk a bad mom...so useless....tinking of letting my mom look aft too.....haiz.....

aiyo until now i hardly see my son smile. i do know he learnt how to frown. as for smile, sometimes it is juz twitch. donno is it juz muscle or is he smiling.

mummies, which stroller are you using and what are your reviews?
I'm currently using peg perego pramette. Very sturdy, go through humps and bumps well, my sleeping baby dont look at a least disturbed. Can do the combi 360 degrees miracle turn very well as well.
My only complain: It's extremely heavy and takes up the whole of the last row of our car! (we drive a honda stream) So we cant have too many people going out together despite having a 7-seater.
I want to get a smaller and lighter stroller. Considering combi but heard that it's quite small and cramp for babies.

kea, try cheng choon? or those more market places? I'm not sure how it works. But i thought it's just a hook on e ceiling then the yao lan?

did you try to give your baby eden goodwood gripe water? It's good for colicky babies.
So far i'm quite ok with my girl at home. Quite happy looking after her. Sometimes i can just stare at her when she sleeps. She smiles in her sleep as well.

Back