(2008/03) March 2008

petrina,
no discharge is not normal. any other discharge is normal liao, as long as not smelly and itchy.

crystal,
hahaa very funny ah. here's the irony.. the teens are doing it even more frequently than legally married couples like us liao. besides i dowan to tempt my hubby to eat outside ok and yes our terror two is sleeping in the middle hahaa. are you hoping for an accident? it might just happen liao.

petrina & katechow
thanks for the info.
think i will need to call SQ as i will be using DH krisflyer point to redeem my tix.

melissa
ya thats the ironical part.
i am not hoping for an accident. we did used condoms but sometimes just too fast to put on a condom. lol.

terror two is sleeping in the middle? then how to do. hee

petrina,

maybe u can consider Bintan trip. now they got promo, $188 for 3 day 2 nite..inlcude ferry tickets, seaport taxes, 2nites hotel in bintan lagoon seaview room and breakfast also but the promo is for weekday only.

crystal,
terror two has been sleeping in the middle since 6 months old. go figure. apparently he has found creative ways to overcome that!!! hahaha.

travelling with infant,
i'm curious too. how do infant travel on airplanes? do they have special car seat? how are they sitted?

melissa

no sit for infant, sit with us but they got extention safety belt for us. maybe only budget airline no seat
sad.gif

katechow,
huh like that how to take budget airline. me thinking of vacationing to Bangkok this year. then cannot even breastfeed? how to make FM then? since we can't bring-in bottled water when check-in? haizz so ma fan!

melissa

can bf, i bf my bb during plane taking off and landing to prevent ear-ache of my bb. i think if give them sit also no use cause they always want to stick with us

Melissa

ya, hold our bb lor. but travelling bb on plane got advantages also like we will be the 1st who board the plane, no need to Q and they also will let us sit at the vr front sit which is wider and more comfy,not so squiezee.
jetstar dun have bassinett....next time must try exp airline...hehehhe

melissa
travel with kids is just v. leh cheh...i think we traveled with Chelsea back and forth from US to SIN like 6 times, always v. tough and i get v. stressed to make sure i get as much sleep as possible bfor day of travel cos i know i'm not going to sleep much for 30 hours!! *faintz*

tricia is a small bb, might be able to fit in bassinet...chelsea only slept on one trip in bassinet (around 4 mths old), the rest she's always on our laps cos she would cry if put in bassinet and then later she's way too big

i always make sure to let the person booking tickets and checking us in know that we have a kid and we need the best seats possible, best is nobody next to us so that we get an extra seat. i like back of the plane better to walk around and it's noisier so if bb fuss up, it's not as noticeable

if not using the bassinet, i actually hate to be in the front (or bulkhead) seats cos they don't let u put your bag there during take off and landing and i like all my things near me cos with kids lah, very mah fun..,and then when u finally have your bags, they are right there blocking any area for your feet, v. uncomfortable

can't imagine traveling with 2 kids back to USA!!!i don't know how my kids are ever going to see their grandma kekeke

kate
i hate to board first! kekeke i like to be last to board so that i don't have to wait on the plane for the rest of the passengers and i use the extra time to push stroller around, get some exercise or make my kid walk around to tire her out
happy.gif
hehehe

Hi Mummies,
Anyone interested to get Liferacer thermal swimwear for your kids? I'm planning to get one for ds2 but I need min 15 pcs for bulk purchase price. 30% off retail price of $59.90, $69.90 & $72.90 (Little Robots). Anyone?

heya... bb travel on SQ, i always pay approx 10% of tix be it biz or economy class.. to satisfy your curiousity.. following is how a bassinet looks like on the plane for bb.. and like wat celia says.. for front seat or designated seats with bassinet facility..

1680932.jpg

The rascal slept thru flight .. but was a bit cranky when way back.. Adeline Loo.. AW is kinda big too..but she can fit into the bassinet.. but she prefers to sleep tummy time position...

Melissa
the bassinet for baby can hold up to 14kg and another one is 16kg for SQ. But if weather is bad/turbulence got to carry baby out and strap on our lap. v troublesome esp if baby is asleep in the bassinet.

KateChow, AdelineL, babe_dude, ivy,
wow thank you so much for your invaluable input about travelling on the airplane with bb! i have put off vacation for so many years due to 1) no budget 2) pregnancy. haha so now that we don't have the two constraints, we feel the need to go for one! babe_dude your bb really look cute in the bassinet!!! i wish the picture was a little big bigger.

so far jetstarasia is the cheapest flight to go to bangkok? sorry mommies so many questions. so suaku in terms of budget airlines and travelling as a family of four!

melissa, i will be taking air asia to bkk for the first time, coz the timing for jetstar is v odd. fly there real early and fly back real late.

reena, interested in the swimwear too.

babyheng, u really like sprees huh! :p

clover -
yah!!!! hahahah! internet shopping is damn addictive lor!! :D

so many things to buy but so little money...hehehe! i hardly even spend any money on myself ever since i had the bb!

hb n i prefer SQ or Silkair.. cause i ever took jetstar once when finnair went on strike in 2006..
sad.gif

but they compensated us lah..
very squeezy..

kate: may not consider bintan. cause my fren went there once, kenna hantu, immed book the next avail flight home. i scared liao. haha

babedude: ya. i think it's abt 10% of adult tix. but did u pay additional fuel surcharge? tat looks like biz class.. keke.. eco class bassinet abit smaller.. i saw once when i was preg, they let me sit front row. then nxt row i saw a couple wif a infant..
hb have bad exp cause the infant kept making so much noise.. hb couldn't rest at all.. frm aust - sg.. faintz.

babyheng: ya lor.. so addictive. so nowadays when i have nothing to do, i try not to surf the net.. to avoid surfing the spree n bp threads.. lol

'love' time
Crystal: your active is how active?? Lolx!!

Guess the 'love' time with hubby is only about once a week... Too tired.. And not too interested.. DH always want 'full' service... Haiz~ After a hard day's work, where still got the strength to full service him...

Maid
Asked my maid down to buy things for me just now.. Dunno why, I suddenly go into her room and check her things.. I never give my maid money.. Her salary is with me... But when I check just now.. I found coins in a wallet that my mil gave her.. I was quite shock.. Though it only amount to at most $4, but the fact remains that she stole these $$$. I've checked with my mil, she said that she nv giver her any $$, and I nv did.. So where she got the $$ from... The reason is obvious, right... MIL ask me not to be rash.. Ask me dun confront her.. In my situation now, I can't send her back as I need her to look after my baby for me.. Moreover, just some coins, the police might even not have a case against her... Haix~ Why so sway.. Have this kind of '3 hands' maid!!!

Isabellali... yah.. u dun act in rush.. i think hor.. pple like them sure "3 hands" one lah.. what i recommend is.. u to keep ur things properly lah.. coz, u never left things ard.. she where got the oppotunity leh.. if she is good.. then u be careful next time lah.. close one eye.. coz who knows the next one along.. is "4 hands maid" + 1 big mouth!! hahaha ..

isabella
the taggies spree is confirmed.

love time
hahaha same here. once a week. Think both of us are very tired. Me tired from work and looking after the kids. Him from work.. but then again men r men.. rather i "service" him than let him go outside n find others right? hahaha...

isabella
i think u keep a close watch on her first..

wah today's topic very scandalous hor! got "love time" la....servicing.....and doing on the floor!

wahahhahahahah!!!

petrina - totally agree with u. i TRY not to look at sprees and stuff but still end up looking!!!! some things are too good to pass...like the threadless spree clover organised...heheheh!

Love time,
Ya la! Thanks to Kate lor! Dream of me being pregnant.
For me, I got phobia over pregnancy liao. So abstain from it totally. Anyways, my hubby not around most of the time so its a natural way of abstaining.
happy.gif

Hahhahah Isabellali!
Full service? you choice of words very humourous.

cpyt
Haha~ That's the term we used between me and hubby...

Full service = do everything..

abc
so how much do I need to pay you???

Adeline
For the cereal, is it with you or it's with Ivy???

For those who had not bought insurance for yr kid, it is advise u do so asap.

Andrae was hospitalise in Mt A for 5 days. Total bill for 2 bedder amount to $4145.17. However, luckily we had hospitalisation insurance for him, it was totally covered. I do not have to fork out any cash. Medisave deduction is $414.52. The rest covered by insurance, $3730.65 in total. That shows how impt insurance is...

Agreed with you abc's mummy! It's just so unlucky to me that my bb got bronchialitis on the fourth day, we arrived at Spore....

He was only 2 months and need to be submitted to hospital. Only 5 days stayed cos us around $3000 plus. No medicine, only oxygen and couple times of nebulizer.

Gosh...we really need insurance! Hospitalization in here is too expensive.

Melissa

for short trip i dun mind taking jetstar....cause cheap. i also budget budget one. when i was preggie at around 30th weeks/7 mth i still traveled to HK and china lor. kekeke

Maid

i ever lost US$650, no prove so i just close one eyes. i agree with Kareen, ur value things must keep properly, honestly speaking 9 out of 10 all will steal one......

Insurance

so many brand in the market, which one cheap n good? any suggestion?

Travelling with young children
It's never easy travelling with young children. In fact, I find it easier to travel with bbs cos they just drink milk and sleep. With young children ie 1 yo and up, they need attention and they can get really noisy.

I rem we went holiday with dd1 when she was 2yo and the passenger in front of us actually turned around to compliment her for being a good girl because she wasn't fussing throughout the whole flight (we travelled to Perth then). And how did she behave so well? Thanks to me for always trying to keep her occupied. Imagine a child screaming and shouting when everyone else is trying to sleep, so ma-lu! Thanks goodness she behaved herself very well.

Also, now we only travel by SQ after having very bad experience with Qantas. We took QF to Tasmania and met a racist cabin crew. After that, we swear never to travel by another other airlines as long as SQ flies there.

Insurance
We bought insurance for all our 3 kids but when dd3 was admitted to hosp, we can't claim leh... Let me try to dig out the bill.

Liferacer Thermal Swimwear
It's best if you can bring your kid to try the actual swimwear at departmental stores (OG, Metro & Carrefour). Note that the sizing for the $69.90 and $72.90 range are bigger than the $59.90 range.

Let me try to post some pics
1681729.jpg

1681730.jpg

1681731.jpg

1681732.jpg

abc
I agree with you, insurance is very imp. Ds #2 was admitted to TMC the other time. Took 4 bedded, 5 days stay, total bill near to $4k. It wasn't totally covered, we have to pay for the co-insurance.. everything adds up to less than a $1k cash...

Back