(2007/12) Dec 2007 MTB

Claire,

Actually I like meeting parents and discuss about their children's performance in academic, social and emotional areas. However, most parents are most concerned about academic,this irks me quite a bit at times. Eg. I have a mother who dragged her daughter along for the session, the first thing out of her mouth is," My daughter's Mathematics dropped by a lot, so how har?" What I do is to go through all 4 subjects achievements. Actually her daughter made vast improvement in English,Science and Chinese and only dropped 5 marks in Mathematics (from 90 plus to high 80s).
I told her off nicely
happy.gif
Asked her to praise her girl and appreciate the fact that she has improved in 3 subjects. Somemore her girl got to sit down and be scolded by her mother right in front of her form teacher!

Jeelo,
Haha, so are you going to meet the teacher?

Slimz,
Haha, you're welcome
happy.gif
I also printed all the 'things' out on a A3 paper and laminated it. Intend to paste it on the wall next to his bed for him to gaze at haha
happy.gif
I'm still over the moon that Ryan didn't reject Art lesson last Sunday!

From what I understand (though I'm teaching in Primary School, I'm still quite ignorant of this as I teach the upper primary), P1 and P2 are currently under STELLAR programme. A lot of big books sharing and learning through experiences.

For teaching of phonics, Primary schools either use Zoo phonics or Jolly phonics.

I teach Ryan Zoo phonics at home as his GUG class uses that so I just do a follow up at home
happy.gif

jeelo, parents' tr mtg! aiyo...
phy, i hate that cos i dunno wat parents can do anymore to change them when their kids are already 17 or 18 and some even 19. they ask mi how to teach their kids and i will give them a blank look. they are much older than me and mine is just 18 months. strange people...

i've finally decided (half decided) to place susu at little skoolhouse at occ. it's super near my place. any comments, people?

moms,

sorry to digress a little fr all e parents-teachers talk...just wanna share.. i've scheduled my kids for the flu jab tis june..e first jab was taken in nov last yr, before i went to HK..n i must say, it's a quite effectv vaccine (i think my boy only had common cold/cough once aft tat and my girl had almost nothg). my PD advised me to give alexis another jab if i plan to start her in some playsch this july.. u may wanna ask ur PD.. cz apparently it's v popular n i need to 'reserve' e vaccine.

<font color="aa00aa">morning ladies!!!!!!!!!

i just came back from redang.
hubby last minute said he has booked berjaya redang for last weekend to celbrate his bday there.
so we went by air from seletar airport.
was a short flight and faiq was not very cranky.
he really enjoyed going into the sea..trying to snorkel and especially the pool in this hot weather...hehehe...

i will be taking leave again next week to bring faiq watch thomas at marina sq...hehehe..

gerls,
if i'm not wrong kids of faiq's age should be in Zoo Toddlers..its $200 plus per term..and $150 deposit.
i will be enrolling him at the one at thomson.

steffietan,
faiq also has taken the flu jab last year.
my doc told me that flu jab must be taken yearly cos the virus mutates.
will bring him for another one after he has done his 18mth jab.

today faiq is OFFICIALLY 18 months!!!
gosh..how time flies and my baby is no longer a baby..he is now a toddler who is so eager to explore the world.</font>

to me it feels so weird to go meet the teacher thru a formal session for a toddler. somemore it's on a saturday...think i'll give it a miss.
happy.gif

steffie

yah i heard flu jabs must reserve. but i wanted to get dylan to take another jab last month (the last one he took was in Sept), but PD said no need. Told us to come back only this Sept as the jab is valid for one year... (so my kiasuism got me nowhere! toink).
happy.gif

tub u teaching in Sec sch wor? quite a handful hor the sec students nowadays?

phy, give ryan more sessions at home to 'ride' on his new interest! else u b missing 2 wks of GUG, by the time he comes bk the interest mite b extinguished le...

lynzi, take leave? tot u SAHM le? or i rem wrongly... heard abt the thomas being in MS last wkend, but din pop by for sr to c dem coz she was zzz-ing at the perfc time.. haa

<font color="aa00aa">slimz,
i'm no longer sahm since january lah.
been working at AGC..still in civil service but thank God, no more teaching.
now i'm more working to occupy my time and interact more with adults..hahaha!!!

aniwei, i have called up Zoophonics.
most probabyly, faiq will be in saturday 4pm class at their thomson branch.
its $100 per month, $120 deposit and $30 registration fee</font>

mummies who r teachers, do u noe how does schs/moe employ the administrators in schs huh? the 'rite hand' man to the P...

Slimz,
you wanna apply is it? MOE does the recruitment. Just apply for the post will do. MOE will see which school has vacancy and post the successful applicant accordingly.

heee.. yalor.. tinking of coz i dun tink i can teach ..i've a degree in Accty which oni permits me to teach Pri level and my chinese veri jialat, nowadays primary sch level so hard .. haa.. i mite need my students to teach me chinese =P
When i was with a local audit firm previously, i ever did the internal audit for schools and liaised with the admin i tot their job scope ok leh .. hee.. tot would be a gd place to retire .. HAAAA

tub, JC students noe how to tink more for demselves le bah?
My BIL went to do relieve teaching at a Sec sch, aft 2 days he surrender le ..

<font color="ff6000">deerdeer
i've c with GA, it took me 2days to gt down bed and 2 weeks to fully recover.
because i sleep on platform bed at home, hence is kinda painful to get up from bed.</font>}

phy,
i jux called GUG and understood frm them that the entire class will not be 'upgraded' to the tods class. Teacher wei n russell has assessed all the kids and decided that they were all not ready for the tods class and has suggested the whole class 'stay back' one more term =P
hee... macham fail exams cant promo to next level =P
so that's y will still be teacher wei n russell for the coming term.
I oso asked wat's the reason/criteria dey evaluate our kiddos and had that decision. It was said tat the kids in the class haven really settled down yet (meaning still wriggling ard, cant sit down listen instructions) and oso dat in the tods class they will b taught 3 letter words + phonics .. (wich i oso tink sr cant handle yet)

btw sr has made vast improvement on her zoophonics, now mastered these a,b,c,e,h,k,s,t,v =D

tub, NYJC!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was from there =D
hmm wich batch .. shld be 97-98 batch ..
hated the skirts when i was there, tight fit types and sooooo many stairs to climb.. haa

Hi mummies,

Am so tired. Kaylen has been down with runny nose. She coughs on n off cos she doesn't know how to expel the phlegm. All of us haven't been able to sleep well since. A few times, I had to carry her and sleep through.

haha 9798 batch? wow! i was still in uni then la.
your sis 0405 batch? i may have lectured or even taught her! hiak hiak hiak.

Slimz,
Wow, thumps up for SR! Does she look at the cards and then do the action?
Heehee, hahaha, can't stop laughing when you say the whole class got to be retained for another term! Actually I like both teachers so I don't mind bah.

Booo hoooo sobs x 10000000... Just cancelled my air tickets to Melbourne! No choice coz it has been placed in the list of affected city with wide spread of H1N1.

Luckily SQ gave me full refund. Now wonder if jetstar will refund or not (flight to Tasmania).

Sian ar!! Already packed and so very excited to leave on Friday night. What a cold blanket!

Tub,
How's looking after Susu nowadays? Easier? Are you enjoying your child care leave?

I have thoughts of taking NPL now and then also... But always wonder how to keep my mind active if I were to look after Ryan 24/7...

How about your project officer position?

phy, project officer pao tang liao.
i also dunno wat happened. damn sian. anyway, i can pm you to tell u more hehheh cos this is public forum mah...

childcare leave is fun cos she's slightly easier now. still very active but at least feeding is ok now. so that's a big relief to me.

hmmm u can take up part time studies to keep your mind active. leave him in flexi cc. i think that's wat i'll be doing.

phy,
tt sux. hoefully u can find fun activities locally to compensate. hard but better then nothing.

mummies,
fyi. if any of u interested in getting the maclaren daytripper it's going at only $99 @ United Kids.

tub,
u mentioned abt flexi cc.... do all ccs offer this?

We're going up cameron next sat, and my mum wants us to drive up in 1 car. Granted that it's a toyota picnic, but 5 big adults and 2 kids...it's gonna be a trial. I keep telling her that it's very terrible going up that winding road with all of us in the car, but she keeps insisting. Argh!

claire,
mummies r like tt. v stubborn... i really hope we dun out to become like them when we grow older...
happy.gif
well gd luck... maybe u can tell her like tt got less place to put ur barang barang n all the shopping items. heheh.. so maybe she'll considering splitting the pack... only thing is tt if diff cars.. nd alot of coordination. bring along the walkie talkies... hav fun

Mimeole,
Mummies are asking me about a website showing zoophonics video clip/flash file.

Ya, now frantically searching for alternative destination.

Claire,
Think can go mad with so many passengers in a car... See if you can coax your mummy out of it. ..

Tub,
PM me lah, I'm rather 'free' now leh haha
happy.gif

phy, can PM me the site too? I kpo wanna see. Sianz hor.. u cancelled ur trip ah. I wanted to go cruise originally.. now also dunno wanna go anot. Passport make le.. havent book. sianzz..

Phy, I also kpo wanna see the site, can PM me? thanks! I would be doubly sianz if I cant go for my trip, let alone my fav place - aussie! But boh bian, the virus is spreading to so many countries now, not safe to go anywhere basically.

mimeole, i went motherhood fair yesterday, din find anyting interesting. lots of financial and education instituitions. big names are like nestle and huggies. Abbott n pampers dun have booths this year.

Ya, sianz sianz sianz big time. Think gotta incur $400++ for air tickets plus car rental and some deposit for accomodation. But guess just gotta accept it.

Now busy planning and sourcing to go Bali. Hope to fly off next Monday if possible. Haha, then gotta repack luggage...from all winter wear to all summer clothes! Hubby sulking big time.Somemore today he has reservist. Supposed to fly off tonight.

Mummies, about the zoo phonics, you must know how to do it with your kid as the video clip also shows the cards and no sounds and actions.

I post in NJ for all of you to see ya
happy.gif

my boi sleep talked again early this morning. He said apple (actually he sounded very desperate while talking) very loudly. Then Elmo and Nana came out. Then back to apple again. Then he went quiet and back to sleep after 5minutes. He really got my genes!

phy, enjoy your break

Jeelo,
Shawn's precious must be those things he talked aloud in his sleep!

I hid Ryan's pillow for 3 weeks. Then I took it out and placed on the bed in guestroom as we wanted to pack it along on our trip. Just now Ryan walked past the room and saw his precious among the clothes... He exclaimed loudy and broke into laughters,"po po po po!" (pillow)

Machiam like found his long-lost precious gem
happy.gif

phy, no go liao huh?! den how? u found other alternatives yet?

btw, annie's girl is gg to join us on the sunday class the coming term =D hmm.. forgot to ask if nicole's gg for the tots or babes class wor ..

i oso find the 'retain' story so funnie..
sr hasn't recog the cards. we r at a stage whereby we would 'sing' the entire string of 26 phonics and at the ones which she noes she would do the actions and the phonics..
i oso like both the teachers .. if move to the tots class, would change teacher le?

claire, i FULLY undestand how u feel. My BIL oso wanted our whole family of 7 adults, 1 shirui, 3 kids (12, 11 and 4yo) to take a 9 seater MPV up to KL tis year-end. no boot space for bags, bags would need to be squeezed under our seats .. and the whole family, except for the dad is smaller sized than me, the rest at almost 2x of me lor ..
and when we suggested that doing this would mean limiting MIL's buying capacity (she buys alot of tings de.. food stuff basically, she go Taiwan came back with BOXES of jelly/mua chi etc), BIL said purposely limit his mum's buying power?!

Back