(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Re diaper cream,
My girl tends to get red when I don't put...sometimes lazy so don't put...but at night I will put coz longer hours.

Hi Carine,
Where do you stay? My girl is currently going to Stepping Stones at Bedok South. The teachers there are very caring and loving...Jade's playgroup teacher is very experienced and has been with the centre for many years liao. Hmmm, so far I am happy with them, and Jade is happy going to school, so I think they're ok
happy.gif

You can check it out. Tel: 64451215. Fees are $280/mth for full-day.

Sherry,
You can check out Hort Park....have nice function rooms and even outdoor venues for abt $200 for 4 hours. You can google their website.
happy.gif

thanks so much Angel!

Will check that out too
happy.gif

Would really love to know all of you better.. just that not much time to logged in due to work.. study.. baby.. household haha

Hopefully, I will get to meet up with all of you one day
happy.gif

Hi mummies!
Long time no 'see'!

Am looking for a function room too but find Hort Park's $200 a bit steep esp when u add catering at at least $400...hmmm Mc Donald's looks good but no other kid in the family... Aiyah stress la. HB doesn't want to have a big party AGAIN.

Regarding FRESH MILK, gosh its looking like a good alternative to the expensive FM, not just ex but so heaty too.

So its ok to give fresh milk? Just not HL right? As in not low fat milk? Anyone checked with their PD on this? I dont have a regular PD to check with at SSBC.

Hi tinarin

I am fretting over the location also.. maybe you would also like to check out those bistro cafes at playground @ big splash?

i am still giving sarah FM but the dilute prep as per normal. as angel highlighted, it would still be good if child's food intake dips. and as we speak, i have so much difficulty in getting sarah to eat. You have no idea how relieve i am if she finished her meal. Like pillow, i also give sarah fresh milk straight out from carton. even gave her the meiji strawberry/choc before - although i limit it; just to let her have a taste. =P

i did check with PD. she recommends full cream milk and ask me not to get those low fat milk. i tried but there is no chocolate full cream milk :p and very limited brands carry full cream milk either.

on saturdays and sundays, i do give chocolate milk straight from carton.

i think mathematically, fresh milk may not be cheaper but of coz more convenient since it comes in smaller quantities.

Atinarin,
I also had headache trying to find a location big enough. Not willing to pay for a function room, and also too leh chey..imagine got to bring back all the presents after that. So I decided to hold the party in my house, and split the celebration into lunch and dinner...so means Jade gets to cut 2 cakes!

angel: i definitely cannot do that. House being small is one thing but i cannot handle the cleaning up la. Knowing relatives they will come early and stay late so that will be a major headache too. So troublesome i think just bring baby out will do la.

Re fresh milk,
My PD also say use whole milk...not those low fat or skim milk.

Justme,
For Jade, she also has problems finishing her meals...sometimes eat one or two spoons then don't want to eat already. But I noticed her appetite for food increased when I cut down her FM too. PD say try not to give FM already coz they are already 2 years old and should be eating proper meals. If they are very picky eaters and not eating balanced meals, can give them multivitamins for children.

Atinarin,
Ya the cleaning up will be a headache. For me I got helper so ok. Maybe you can get part time maid to come after the party to clean up for 4 hours? Or since not many other children, why don't you just celebrate at a restaurant and cut cake there? Swensons got 30% discount with credit card
happy.gif

Hi hi, it's TGIF and the last day of school before term 4 starts!
happy.gif

Yah, it's been really really long since I was last seen here. Busy with many things ... new house, new school, selling house, buying and selling on net, attending to some family matters ... so many things!!!
happy.gif

It's Sep now and the month when all our toddlers turn TWO! Time flies!
happy.gif

Angel,

When your PD say cut down FM, does it mean, cut down to 2 or 1 FM per day?

Natalie drinks FM at ard 5am (she always wakes up,ask for milk and falls asleep again), 1.30pm (before she takes afternoon nap) and 845pm (before she sleeps for the night). If I want to cut down on FM, which one should i cut?

But she is eating ok now, although she doesnt finish all the food we give her, but she eats reasonable quantity. (BTW, how much should they eat?) She also eats fruits in btw meals.
Then, should i cut her FM?

Hi Ladies!

Just wanted to share some findings for those who are still looking for venue for our precious little big 2 bday!

Sol playground and for the pricer one will be spruce cafe at tanglin

hope it helps!

Angel: Haha i no longer have a part time maid also, so i am the full time maid now.

Anyone knows a good part time maid for AMK pls let me know. English speaking please.

sherry: ok found the website. super ex, package will be about $600+ for 30 guests but the food selection is really bad. Its mainly finger foods for $13.90++ per pax

Re:FM

My gal drinks so much of fm,about 600-700ml of it. She's a milk addict she drinks around 7am180ml 2pm before nap 180ml, 4pm if she wakes up early frm nap120ml and 10pm before bed 180ml n sometimes not enuf another 120ml. Went to tcm the doctor advise to cut down milk intake or dilute it, cos she's a bit overgrown...... very siong with the FM, 3 weeks+ per big tin. Will try to give her fresh milk to try so can save a bit. Eating wise she's ok, I also cut down her food intake. She used to be able to finish a rice bowl amt of rice with fish n veg, now I giv haf d qty. Dun want her to overgrow.

Hi cookie monster,
Gosh! Natalie wakes up at 5am for milk?? I think try to cut that feed first or at least push it to 6-7am. She's doing that out of habit rather than hunger. Think should talk to your PD or GP abt it.

Blue,
Ya I dont' think fresh milk is cheap either. Anyway its not the cost that is the driver to cut down on FM....its the redundancy.

Re Flu Vaccine,
Any mummy took your kid for flu vaccine before? Did they have to do 1 or 2 doses?

I called PD today and the nurse told me flu vaccine for children need to do 2 doses, 1 month apart. But they were out of stock for the vaccine so I brought Jade to my GP to take instead, and my GP say take 1 dose is enough and will last for 1 year like adults.

<font size="+2">Jordan turns TWO today!</font>
Here's a pic of the birthday boy with his "Mickey &amp; Friends" birthday cake from Swensons.
happy.gif

2894793.jpg

<font size="+2">Also wishing his fellow 5 Sep birthday friends,
Yan, Tristan and Jade (who else huh?),
"BLESSED 2ND BIRTHDAY!"</font>
happy.gif

Happy Birthday to Jordan, Yan, Tristan and Jade!!

re-flu vacine
angel, I brought Nynke for the jab 2 mths ago. Needs to take 2 jabs, 1 mth apart. PD explained that for the 1st time they take it, need 2 jabs, after that, they need only 1 jab annually.

re- milk
My Nynke is still only taking 100ml per time. NOw about 2-3 bottles per day. At night she'll still be 'ma ma nai nai ' and point to my breasts....I'm trying to wean her off but seemed tough cos she cried so badly that makes me give in all the time. I haven let her try fresh milk but has read that full cream for them is the best cos they need the 'fat'.

re-cake
just ordered one from Pine Garden. with flowery patterns and the daddy was so excited asking Nynke 'do you like this or this'..she nodded her head at every pic..how to let her choose? really shake my head when seeing the daddy asking her.

magoo, sorry just saw your post abt the goodie bags. I dun have the addy leh. Happen to drive past bugis area few mths back and saw this big store along one of the main roads there.

darmae, also vv sorry, just replied your PM.
BKK trip: we hang aroud in shopping mall only..haha...Siam Paragon , MBK, Central world. AT Siam Paragon and Central, there are those kiddy rides for them. Only 10Bhat= 50cents per ride. ALl well maintained too. At Central World, the place is called Kiddyland at Level 4/5, where Toys R us is. At Siam Paragon, Its at the kids dept. Nothing for kids at MBK though...

hubby not keen to go dreamworld, so we never bring them there.

accomodation- we stayed at svc apartment at rachatdamri area, about 10 mins walk to 4-faced buddha. emporium will be ideal too. HAve not stayed there but hubby said it's equally good. Check if they have washing machine cum dryer- i find it useful cos save on packing too many clothes. We spend the afternoon at the pool, so best to confirm if emporium has a nice relaxing pool.

water wise, we bought the bottled drinking water. cannot find distilled water. Nynke is ok with it. In fact, at restaurants, she also drink from our iced water. I was crossing fingers that nothing will happen to her.

Re: Milk addict
En En is also a milk addict. Morning: 150ml, afternoon, evening, nite: 180ml each. Luckily she is on 90% ebm now. She has helped me saved 6 tins x 1.8kg of Gain IQ. BUT...all the $$ went to her PD's charges. Grr..

Happy birthday to all toddlers!

re: milk addict

i didn't really have problem with cutting Faith's milk intake as she only takes bm direct since 1 year old. during the day in cc, she will totally skip all milk until she returns home to ask me for neh neh. until now, 2 yrs old tod already but still same pattern everyday. plus at night still need to nurse to sleep...my mum and mil always asking me to stop bfing her...sigh...although they agree it did save me a lot of $ on FM.

amy, wise, both your girls still latching too right?

mummyfaith and wiselyn, looks like our gals' same pattern leh...i do get tired sometimes cos she'll ask for nai nai in wee hours for a few times, interrupted sleep and I'll have to 'force free' myself from her sometimes when she's still latching on.

Hi to Bfg mummy,
Actually, i would rather they asked to be latched than ask for bottle milk in the middle of the nite. Now, when my #2 cries in the middle of the nite, i just bf her. However, i think she loves to be nursed to sleep. Whenever she fusses and cant sleep, she will turn to my breast and rub her head at it.

re: latching.
sarah no longer bf. she sees my breasts as "milk" for johan. misses cuddling up with her when she latched on. =P those mummies still latching on toddlers, cherish these moments yeah.

Happy birthday Jordan, Yan &amp; Tristan! Hope they all had great birthdays.

Amy, thanks for info on flu vaccine. Btw, which PD you go? So funny...if PD recommend 2 shots, how come GP say don't need? Think I better follow PD's advice.

Any other mummies bring their kids for flu vaccine yet? If not, better bring now hor, especially with flu season now, the docs recommend for everyone, especially kids so that they don't get sick so often. And must do it every year, coz they update the vaccine every year to fight the new viruses.

Hi all, Happy Belated Birthday to Jordan, Yan and Jade! Hope all had a great time!

Had a great family celebration even though Tristan was down with bad cough...

Happy Belated Birthday to TRISTAN, JORDAN, YAN &amp; JADE..
Time passes very fast... Our darlings all turned TWO or turning TWO liao..

amy,

i guess i am blessed....Clara usually sleeps thru the night, unless she is sick then she will wake up in the middle of the night.

TiNy VoIcE (voice_0229) : cake very nice leh and i simple loves his smile!
happy.gif

Wiselyn (wiselyn) : Hazel wakes up 430am for milk and fall right back to sleep and wakes up at 630am for milk again.
happy.gif
but blessed that she fall back asleep herself!
happy.gif
hehe

Mangoo/Florence, thanks...this is only 1kg cake lah. hee hee...just 10adults/2kids..how to finish 2kg. I paid $45 for it...thomas &amp; friends figurines are borrowed from my friend(limited edition toys...she's a toy collector.)
happy.gif

Florence: yah..i love his contagious smile too!

Hi mummies

Thanks for the birthday wishes for caelen
happy.gif

And happy belated 2nd birthday to Kieran, Jordon, Tristan, Jade, Yan, and Samuel!

The cakes are lovely, you mummies put alot of thought into them. I just had a simple one from Patissier, no fancy stuff. That's why my hubby said that it's like more of MY cake than Caelen's *bleh*

Oh, just to share. My father bought a new washing machine and hubby turned the box into caelen's very own house and he loves it
happy.gif
It had its own windows, door with handle, and even a night light! They almost wanted to paint it! But I thought that was going abit too far hee..

2899086.jpg
2899087.jpg

florence,

could it be she is not having enough food in the day that's y she will wake up at 4 plus for milk? I guess it takes time for her to be interested in chinese bah....sing for her more and try to speak to her in chinese..maybe chinese songs dvd/vcd will help too!

Back