(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Wise,
Doc gave oral aid to give him before his meals so that he will eat something. But that one only can give 3 times a day. And got paracetamol for the pain 4 times a day. And some cream to apply on the rash.

After the medicine he is ok for abt an hour...after that think no effect liao then cry and cry lor.

angel,

try applying abit of teething gel...it will comfort him abit...at least numb the pain lor..that is what we do for clara when she got HFMD....most impt is to keep him hydrated....

and let him eat whatever he will eat...that is what Clara's pd advice us when she is down with HFMD...she suggested another food, but i think Ryan is too young for it...which is ice-cream....

angel,

Clara had HFMD after she just turned one..she took about a week to recover....but lucky for Clara either the virus was not a strong one or Clara immune system is still consider good...her appetite is okay and she is active....except that she got uclers in her mouth and on her hands and legs...most of it on her bottom...

Angel,

Maybe u can try feeding Ryan with porridge water. Cook porridge with a lot of water, then feed him the water. My sister working as a nurse at KKH said they also feed children this if they have no appetite. Hope Ryan get well soon.

Hi cookie monster,
Thanks for the tip
happy.gif
Ryan got better on Saturday and eat per normal. Lucky didn't last too long!

Hello Mummies...

Today is MONDAY again!! Time passes so fast..
The thread is soooooooooooo QUIET!!
I feel sleepy now.. n start to day dream again!! haha..

magoo (magoo) : yup, I think monday blues especially for me as i worked thou the weekends for the pc show. wahaha so super tired now , dreaming of my pillows and tuging myseld under the blanklets in the aircon room!
happy.gif
whahaha 3.5 more hours to go

mag,

how is adyen's birthday party? he enjoyed himself? when u can meet me to take his pressie??

florence,

looks like u need a good night sleep tonight

Florence,
Wooo.. You still work for IT shows during weekends? U working full time now rit??
I "pei fu" u leh.. if I m you, I "peng san" liao..haha..
Me now very sleepy...

Wise,
The party was ok.. Ayden enjoyed himself till whole night screaming n crying during his sleep!!
haha.. Played too much liao.
Ok ok.. will arrange n let u know again..
How's life??

magoo (magoo) this mummy money face mah. work for money mah. wahahaha. S 11 always works for me and also work satifaction lar. but I think must retire soon le , if not become old sales girl. the part timers are always getting younger. wahaha

Florence,
U wheregot old??
U are still very young...
I can imagine the tiredness..hee..
I brought the kids to Zoo for 1/2 day, I alrdy wanted to die liao.. Imagine u worked during weekend!!

magoo (magoo) : part timers all like 17 , 18 leh. wahaha
happy.gif
sat was still ok but by the end of the day of sun at 8pm b4 the show i run home liao. too tired. In bed by 10pm. wahhaha. The pay is so tempting lah. so no choice. wahaha

mag,

doing for friend's sister...two companies...for passing time....might look for a perm part time job...send my resume to Pathlight school..hoping to get a job there...

Clara still in cc, even if i am doing freelance....better for her, better for me...

How's ur plan now? changing job?

Wise,
Good to do freelance at home, if I have the skill, I m most glad to stay home..

Me huh? no la.. still working lor...

atinarin,

yes thinking of pathlight, dun mind asst teacher or their admin staff...was thinking of something more meaningful

mag,

tot u want to quit??

Hello mummies!

Wise, you want to work in a school?

I have been thinking of working in a childcare center or something too! It will be so fulfilling to know you're making a difference in people's lives
happy.gif

Wise,
Wah you got calling ah?
happy.gif
Yeah certainly more meaningful! Not everyone can...need lotsa patience! I dun think I can tahan!

Anyone using NTUC diapers?? I realised recently their diapers change liao.....same packaging but the diaper itself look abit different..and the sticky part dun stick well! The diapers keeps falling off. Tried to return to NTUC and the supervisor dont let me coz the pack is opened already. So pissed...

hi angel

i am ntuc diaper supporter leh...haha

i've been using it since faith was 6 mths old? can't recall already but initially was quite upset with their quality too. especially the sticky part lah...sometimes cannot stick properly. but for cost saving, i will tolerate their inconsistent quality. they are really the cheapest!

mummyfaith,

Yeah me big supporter of NTUC brand diapers too!
happy.gif
Both Jade and Ryan also have been using since abt 5 mths old! I was very satisfied with it and didn't have any problem with them till now. Maybe batch problem. Drops off when they sit down coz the sticky tape doesn't adhere well.

My MIL has resorted to wrapping a nappy cloth on top of Ryan's diaper and use safety pin to fasten... Jade's teachers suddenly complained also, and she comes home with masking tape on her diapers this week. Teachers asked me to change brand of diapers. I dunno which brand to change to. Don't want to spend so much too.

Maybe I should take this as a sign to start toilet training her....

I tried, but didnt like the NTUC diapers. Esp the new pull up pants version. The elastic is too thick. And it doesnt come in XXl version.

Angel, can try using Giant house brand too. Think around same price as NTUC. I alternate between these 2 for day use when Tristan is at home.

atinarin,
i think that's why many pple are quitting their jobs to look after their young ones. Its really difficult to leave the helpless little kids in other people's care. Of course, quitting job means, you are living hand to mouth...like moir...haha.

It's really sad though that the very ones who are supposed to be professionals in their field seem to grow a dislike towards children.
My friend who lectures the early childhood educ course says that the students who go on practicum to places like PCF and some other kindergartens claim that the teachers are quite nasty towards the kids. These kids are too young to complain.

atinarin,
They are just doing it to make a living...earn money...that's it....they don't put their heart and soul into it...i am not saying there aren't any wonderful preschool teachers out there...there are but really just a handful...

hi mummies, so sad, having sore throat and fever, 2 days mc....its my girls birthday this weekend and here i am sick. i really dont want my germs to be a gift to her or for her to catch it!

SO angry with this infection!

atinarin,
rest well. I think in your case, the best gift you can give your girl is your pink of health. =) Get well soon!

and happy birthday to your darling!

Thanks Just Me!

Angel, doctor said shes probably already exposed to the germs since its air borne...aiya very sad...this girl already hardly eats and drinks, if she gets sick now her weight will go down again...

yes,i think she is a super mummy! inspiration for all of us ;) of course going against the singapore grain, is terrifying but that conviction and courage is what we can learn from...

if i am a SAHM, i wld definitely try out the homeschooling for their pre-school years.

hi pillow!
yup...i am homeschooling sarah and johan at the same time. Johan acts more like an observer - babies like him definitely absorb much information.

I don't stick to any routine just yet and do what the 3 or us enjoy -e.g. reading, singing, dancing, playing.

Back