(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

florence,
I ordered a 2kg cake for Jade's celebration too...teacher told me to buy 2kg for 40 children. Does hazel use the potty or use the toilet bowl with a small seat? Which one better?

Wise, what did you get for the gifts to give clara's classmates?

Nate, I'm wondering for boys, does nate stand up and pee into the potty/toilet bowl or sit down on it like a girl???

angel,

some small party stuff lor...like the party whistle,blow-out,balloons,chops,bubbles, babybites plus raisins....friendly even for those below 2...wahahaha..

angel (angel2baby) : potty at her reach so she can reach for potty herself. we also let her wear little panties at home so easier for her to take off anf put on. hehe!
happy.gif

Re : Gift pack

I gave each kid a stationary set with pencils , sharper , ruler set.
happy.gif
each abt $1.20 . hehe! : )

Re: Birthday celebration.
I am only getting a 1kg cake. Cannot be buying for the whole CC cos there are like 200+ kids there. So i am only getting for her toddler class of 18 kiddos + 3 teachers.

The goodie bag will include raisins, M&Ms and "wang wang" biscuits.

Re: Toilet training
The CC teachers were asking me when i wanna start En En on toilet training. Cos once i want to start, i just have to let them noe, bring pull ups for my gal and they will bring her to the toilet every hourly.

Florence, Wise,
Thanks for the gift pack ideas
happy.gif
The teacher told me not to give sweets and chocolates coz bad for their teeth. I was like...huh...then their gifts will be so boring!

Wah I'm lucky that Jade's school only got 7 kids in her playgroup haha...no need to spend so much!

Now I am cracking my head on what to give the teachers for Teacher's day...any ideas? School will be closed on Sep 1 so they are celebrating Teachers day on Monday.

Florence,
Wow hazel is so clever...can go potty herself and even pull down her panties! Jade refuses to pull her pants down herself.

angel.

clara's dora cake.....not sugar printed...the pic of Dora and Boots is a pic of plastic...so they do decorations on the side of the pic plus side of the cake.....

2865245.jpg

Angel : hehe ... still in training , some times will walk to kitchen take potty , some times too late then miss once or twice. if play till forget le. Wahaha

Wiselyn : the cake so pretty. Decided on cupcakes for their school party le. hehe

Haiz, En En is VERY sick again. She cried the whole of last nite! Luckily baby was still able to sleep thru the nite. En En is diagnosed with bronchitis + viral infection again! Now, she needs to be on the nebuliser. Haiz, that is the life of a kid who goes to childcare. I just counted. From the time i delivered till now (3 months), i have met up with 4 PDs n 1 GP for both my #1 and #2. I see them on a WEEKLY basis! Grrr..Just spent $200! Dun dare to count how much medical bill i have spent for the last 1 month..Maybe close to $1k liao.

Re: Cupcakes for bdae
You may want to get the cupcakes from Crystal Jade. Cheap and nice! $1.20 to $1.80 each only. They even have birthday packages. Think is 30+ cupcakes for $50+? Value for $$. We ordered 6 cupcakes to celebrate Edison, Tristan n En En's bdae @ Shichida. Simple and nice.

Hi Poohwei..

Hope En En gets well soon! Very heartpain to learn tt ur girl is so sick again..veri poor thing..
Realli the minus point of sending child to CC. Chloe is also sick every mth since she goes CC...she is hving high fever since Friday. Today fever subsided.
I realli hope ur girl wil get well soon, n rem to take good care n not pass the virus to little xuan xuan..hang in there!

elaine/poohwei,
I guess chloe and en en is still building up their immune system.Clara used to fall sick often when she started infantcare, but nowadays she is falling sick less often.Is not the cc fault that child fall sick often, is just that they are more expose to the virus,so give you gals a few more mths and the chances of falling sick is going to be less frequently

sigh, poohwei, my heart goes out to you and en en.
hei, don't you have a helper at home? why don't you try to have en en rest for a month or so, let her have total recovery, recuperate well before sending her back to CC. hmm...but then again, she'll have to go thru the whole separation-anxiety-I-don't-want-to-go-to-school again. Or, you can try boosting her immune system with supplements like Scott's immulsion or something.

Oh dear poor En En...Hope she gets well soon. Agree with wise, the getting sick part is part will tail off eventually. Their immune systems will be stronger.

Think the environment and the size of the childcare plays a big part in transmitting of virus too. Was reading that with bigger ccs, our kids are exposed to more kids and thus there's higher risk and tend to get sick more often. Whereas a small one which has less kids may be better. Also, aircon centres not good as viruses just gets circulated around thru the air vents and spreads.

poohwei,

hope En En gets well soon... its inevitable for the child to fall sick during the initial period of CC. like angel mentioned, trust their immune system will be strengthen over time. take care ya...

rxsti,
i'm agreeing to angel again. Hee. Neo garden is definately good for their curry chicken. Their prompt service is worth commenting as well. They are having waiver on delivery charges for 1st time customer.
happy.gif

peapod,
Happy 2nd birthday to Caelen!!

mag,
U tell me what u want in the goodies pack, i pack for u?charge u $0.10 per pack...haha self-collection at my house

hey mummies!!

HAppy Birthday to all Sept toddlers.

Took half day lve today and now having some time to surf net.

wow..talking abt the celebration, I've yet to decide on cake and food yet. We just came back from 4days bangkok trip with my 2 gals. VV nice trip, just shop, eat, nua-ing at pool and service apartment.

Funny, congrats! That's a big baby and no wonder so eager to come out. She must have felt 'squeezy' inside. Have a good rest.

Poohwei, I understand your heartache. I have been going thru that and only recently, after 3 yrs, it seemed a bit better. PD kept telling me 'it's like that when they start childcare'. BUt at one point I'm so mentally and physically sick that I resorted to 'fengshui'. That was my last straw, really. Things did improve after that..maybe it's due to her immunity had already strengthened after so many episodes of bad cough, bronchitis etc..haha..I'm really not sure anymore.

magoo, I think there's a party shop at bugis area that sells the goodie bags.

amy,
wow... holiday in BKK. just the right person i'm looking for. can you share ur experience? i'm thking of bringing the kids to BKK as well....
any tips? where did u stay? i am thking of the emporium suites, cos i can get corporate rates

Darmae,
Quantity super small.. less than 10.. haha...
Btw, the cake maker agreed wif my FUNNY idea leh.. she is making for me..haha..

Cos that sat I m working la, so I may not have the time to do on my own..

Thanks...

amy,
U meant ready packed type is it?? U know the address?? thanks..

Wise,
ur place too far for me to go collect leh.. on that day i m working n then must go collect cake etc.. somemore my hubby will not be in town on tat week!! He will only touched down n celebrate his son b'day..Arghh... Thanks anyway..

mag,
hahaha.. i'm certainly looking forward to see the cake. MMS when u get to see it. hehe

u need help with the goodies bag? lemme know what you need, I can grab for you during lunch hours. your office not to far from mine, can meet u after work

dArmAe,
Thanks for the offer.. I this lazy mummy, thinking of getting away without the bags.. haha..
To be frank, I also very anxious to see the cake..

Hi Mummies!

Was wondering how come so chiao everyone talking about bb bday party when I am now fretting over the location and busy trying to plan for my grl..

Forget that we are all Sept mummies haha ;p guess am too sleepy...

Wanna wish all of your babies a happy 2nd bday!

Congrats funny!

Happy birthday to caelen and sarah!
happy.gif

I was just thinking...2 years old is the mark for alot of things in a toddler's life, besides the 'Terrible Twos' syndrome
happy.gif
I have a list of things to achieve for Jade after her birthday...

1) No more formula milk!
2) Pee and poo in the big girl potty!
3) Upgrade to a big girl bed

angel: u going to intro fresh milk to Jade soon? It's also at the back of my mine too. Will you heat up the fresh milk in the microwave first?

voice,

clara have been taking fresh milk since around 18 mths.......will have her fresh milk warm up before she drink it ....But it is only in cc that she drinks fresh milk...at home she is still drinking mummy's milk...

Hi Wiselyn,
En En is also drinking mummy's milk now. She only takes formula in school. A bit wasted to buy 1 tin just for school right? Now 1 tin can last her more than a month. How do u go abt providing fresh milk to the cc? Daily? Which brand of fresh milk are you using?

Hi Mummies

Crisis!! Need help urgently!! Anyone knw of a gd plc to throw toddler party? My function rm dwnstairs is bk!!

Any suggestion wil help and is greatly appreciated!

Tks!
happy.gif

Poohwei,

Clara have only been on formula for a short while says like from 2nd - 6mth (last feed)....

Everyday i will bring the neccessary amt of milk for her daily and she is drinking PURA....she is ok with most of the Fresh Milk...but daddy feels that PURA taste the best...wahaha

*shy*

my keith dear is still on formula.
happy.gif
wahaha and my milk queen is still very high maintainance on formula. is fresh milk better than formula?

florence,

fresh milk is not neccessary better then formula. The reason why Clara is drinking Fresh milk is 1) Daddy says she don't need the additional nutrious that formula provide and 2)It doesn't make sense for us to buy formula as she is only drinking 2 times of 140ml per day, so fresh milk at least will not be so wasteful compare to formula and 3)she self-wean formula at 6 mth for her last feed...

Hi Wiselyn,

En En is only drinking 1 x 180ml in CC everyday. Thats why i am thinking of how to solve the problem of unfinished tin. Sorry..but how to transport the milk to cc huh? In the milk bottle? Then ask them to keep in the fridge?

poohwei,

we put in milk bottle and ask them keep in fridge..another alt u can consider is giving UHT milk, but then will waste milk also...since one pkt of UHT milk is 250 ml...not sure if En en needs the fresh milk to be warmed up or not? But clara will need her fresh milk to be warmed

Wise: how did CC warm her fresh milk? Microwave or use hot water?

I see in states/canada, child drink fresh milk(warm in microwave) from 1 year old onwards. Formula is not common there.

Hi Voice,
I used to warm up the fresh milk in the milk bottle in some hot water (like how to warm up breast milk). Then slowly I give her cold...and she likes it. So saves me the trouble of warming it up!

Florence,
My PD say think of formula milk like multivits, when they're not eating solids, they need all the nutrition from formula. Once they're eating balanced meals, they don't need to take formula. Best to limit formula intake coz it affects appetite for real food.

i don't even heat up fresh milk. straight from the carton
happy.gif

cookie monster, i stopped diaper cream for the longest time ever.

Back