(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

blue
I think you must feel like you have put down a HUGE rock ..glad you made up your choice & I am sure whatever you have decided, it is for the best of your family
happy.gif

mummyfaith,

could it be a case of comfort seeking...my darling needs to be latch to sleep...she will latch at 10 plus then sleep thru...if faith can take bottle in infantcare, i dun think the problem is bottle or fm...what u can do is to just try out giving fm in the day and see if she rejects..

Darmae
wah, 4am wake up & pump..*shake head*

Actually, one thing I am very tired abt BF is pumping. hahaha...my intention also 1 year old.

re: teat 2, though we upgraded her, sometimes, she drink too fast also like tio choke *roll eyes*

Corrine,

Yup. Sorry for the late reply. Have been trying to put together all the orders and din have a chance to ask my hubby. Can I email you by this sun?
happy.gif

funny,
I really can't help laughing when u say u pull back Summer's hair when she pull urs whahaha..

Emily,
Wait till we got chance to meet up then u'll know. Can u imagine POOH walking towards u & say hellooooo
lol.gif

bena,
haha, i only managed to read your post properly. you said
"..A SAHM by choice, might be someone who is self sacrificial and who turns the limelight to the child and the family. Her self esteem is based on who she is as a person and her child's self esteem is modelled on that too.
..."
wah my tears welled up in my eyes!...

wise,
yes thats wat i think too! faith is very dependable on me to latch her to sleep, even wakes up in the night just to suck for awhile n then fall back to sleep. if i dun latch her she'll wail nonstop and no amt of carrying, singing n patting can stop her. it became worst recently as she wakes every 2hrly and i can't sleep well at all. in the past, i also latch her to sleep but she'll wake only once in the night. i was hoping to give her fm at night and try to let her sleep thru but looks like its never goin to happen!

mummyfaith,

u have to try and increase milk/food intake in the day if she wakes up too frequent at night, it could be due to the fact that she is hungry wor...clara at one pt also wakes up in the middle of the night when she starts her semi-solid, cos she dun want her last feed which is fm...after consulting her pd..we increase her milk feed and she manage to sleep thru again..

lbs,

my target is also 1 yr...but it seems like i would have problem weanning her...so might give her as long as she wants (daddy says that)

mummyfaith
u dun scare me..cos Yan has same "symptoms"! If she ngek ngek at night & cannot hit the target (aka my breasts) she will start crying to wailing..

Wise
We actually tried to increase her milk intake by bottle feed but she can only take in 100-120ml the most. .
sad.gif

Wise
We guess so too..so now when she wakes up at nite, we also dun know if she really hungry or merely seeking comfort suck..sigh

blue,
opps.. use the 'wrong' word. haha.
confirm friendly discussion lor...
happy.gif

if work is juz work for me,, giving it up wun be so difficult. but sill, i dun think i can be gd SAHM like some of our frens here.

looks like misunderstood tat statment.. **gong** haha

you oredi hv alot of ppl support you... esp with all the veteran SAHM here

mummyfaith,
yest was her 1st few attempts nia... dun scared me. or rather dun scared by hubby. he was pretty pleased yest with the 'results'. hahahaha
faith smart gal... starting to tell the difference, want to go on strike by refusing to open her mouth..

blue ...claps for you ... jia you you can do it ...

today too busy liao hmmm cannot post much and now is WEEKEND ... enjoy all mumsssss we are all the best to our bb in the world
happy.gif

wise,
confirm shes not hungry one...bcos my breast still full after that. she not even latched properly sometimes just sucking the nipple but i so sleepy n tired that i just let her be and she'll just go back to sleep after awhile. just too used to comfort sucking i think, which will be a prob if one day i am ever not going to be ard.

worse part is this is affecting my time with hubby. faith has taken up most of my time after work to settle her for bed which leaves me little time with hubby then after she sleeps i also can't sleep on my comfy bed with hubby but got to wake up and latch her so frequently that i gave up and just dozed on the floor on the mattress with her! a few nights ago, hubby n i were in the mood for intimacy but start halfway faith cry for me liao so we got to stop! i dun mind sacrificing my sleep but i dun want to affect my marriage lei!

lbs,
Yan really sounds like faith lor...maybe you will have better luck at weaning Yan. gd luck!

wise,
yessss 3 mths more. i hope my 'milk tank' dun dry up when i come back... duno hw many times i can pump. cos i will b in a seminar.

re : seeking for comfort
i feel maegan is oso at this stage. she wil make noise and when i latch her then she suck suck then KO. dun think she is really hungry.

irene,
you are no POOH lar. far from that leh. each time i see u, u are always very cheerful. abit oso will tickle you...

Wise and other ladies on this topic,
jia you! me also bf and seriously dunno when i am going to wean sarah off. a bit sayang to do it actually. cos, when i lay by her side and latch her on, she sometimes, hug me and caress me lei... so nice...

but i yearn for freedom at times...sigh. again all a matter of choice.

Based on my internet banking record now ...

MEGA PARTY @ JWT-KIDS, KALLANG
Date: Sat 16 Aug 2008
Time: 4.30 pm - 6.30 pm

UNPAID PARTICIPANTS:

2. phoebe + Ryann
20. Elaine + Chloe
21. rxsti + Ariel
23. star + theo + HB

p.s. Pls remember to transfer $5 to my POSB Savings A/c 539-10927-8 by today if possible ... if not latest by Sun!

Wait List:
1. Voice + Sam
2. miraclecraz + zorian
3. angelbaby + jade

I just called JWT-Kids again to check what is the max. we can take in for the party. They said max. will be 30 pax.

Those on wait list, good news!!! You are still able to join us ... we will hold the slots for 2 more pax before we close. Pls make the $5 deposit transfer to my a/c soonest possible by Sun.

As much as we would like everyone to join, we can't accommodate everyone lor ... got max. capacity one. So hor, anyone who wanna join after the 30th slot is filled up, so sorry.
sad.gif

Anyway, based on 30 pax:
Standard Package = $23.17 per baby
Deluxe Package = $25.58

In view of the slight difference, shall we just go for the Deluxe Package which includes a free trial gym session? Haha, then we can have another gathering for the trial!

Also, had a brief discussion with Irene over the phone just now that maybe we just order a big cake on that day since it's supposed to be a birthday bash for all our babies. That shall be the FOOD during the break. Haha. Are you all ok with that? We'll just share the cake cost. Was telling Irene about the agar agar cakes which looks and tastes nice, and cheap too! We can order 2 cakes - 1 Mickey and 1 Minnie (just a suggestion cos it's one of the characters with both gender).

Let me have your suggestions!

Mummyfaith,
I have also just intro 1 feed FM to my Rachel starting this week and the max she drank was 30ml! She is also used to me nursing her to sleep at night and from birth till now, she is still waking up AT LEAST twice in the night for nightfeed.

I may have to travel for work soon and also do not know how to wean her off...

Ibs,
My Rachel also has not exceed the 120ml mark per feed
sad.gif

Me also targeting to bf till 1 yr old, but supply dipping recently and not responsive to pumping as well, that's why started to intro FM this week but she is rejecting quite badly, sigh..

justme,
i agree with u on the nice feeling part but sometimes when i'm really tired i wish i could just hand her over to hubby to give her the comfort.

in fact hubby was laughing at me when i told him how i feel abt faith's comfort sucking. he said when faith was newborn n milk ss not established i was so worried n hoped that faith can be bf successfully. then when ss steady, wanted to train her to be on fm so as to prepare for weaning. when shes ok with fm, i became worried that she will not want to be bf anymore so started to total bf again. now gd loh, cos she refuse fm liao, confirm still want to bf!

elaine,
True mah i see so many pretty & slim mummies. Can't help but envy only. But it's ok i'm sure will meet my target soon if not after 2nd one then go on diet lor tats wat my hb say also heehee...

darmae,
Thanks lei. But hor my hb used to say tat i look like a clown cos i tends to mk ppl laugh faintz... I saw some of the pics my hb took at gymboree tat day & i notice jerald like u a lot always crawl to u haha...

JustMe
If i am doing latching, I dont mind to bf Yan longer. I love to bf her but I hate the pumping!*bleah*

tequilapop
Alamak, we have another missy Rachel! Because our babies drink so little per feed, we really have no idea if the night feeds are reaaly hunger or comfort hor? Sometime, want to heng xin to refuse her but she cries till so pitiful, I also scared she is hungry..sigh

I am still trying to locate the cake designs for the agar agar cakes ... haha ... supposed to send to Irene.

In the meantime, I've found this!

1455166.jpg

This was the agar agar cake I ordered for my gal last year ... big and nice right? Only $38 + delivery! Maybe this year price might increase due to increasing price for raw materials.

lbs,
same..i hate to pump... tat's y i don't do it! haha. so those mummies who've been pumping all these while! my hats off you! salute salute!

lbs,
I also dunno why he keeps crawling to darmae & wanna climb up some more very cute... Hey later i kena ah bish ah i think Maegan is booked liao heehee..

lbs,

Yes, she will cry so loud that wakes the whole flat if I refuse her. There was once that I pretended to sleep and got my husband to tend to her, she cried until I no choice but to get up and feed her. The moment she saw me, she actually called out "Mama", having heard that, how not to continue to bf her...

Miraclecraz,
ok i will wait till sunday latest cos i need to compile all the orders and need to sent the order to Laura asap... paiseh hor got to rush u

Pumping

I have been pumping exclusively since En En was 4 mth old. Very sian!! Now i have to succumb to FM since my yield is only ard 500ml. Got ready the milk powder! It states on the bottle 1 scoop for every 30ml. So i use 6 scoops to 200ml of water can? This Kan Chiong Mummy never make FM b4.

lbs, wiselyn, darmae, mummyfaith, justme! Lets work towards 1year of bf!!

Mega Party
Think i may need to give the party a miss. Forgot that i have Shichida Class. Anyone wants to take my slot?

been so busy looking after ben these 2 days with MIL. next week will be my 'official' start of SAHM. We are going home next week! =D Hopefully this week wont be too bad a week for me. knowing my temper, this aint gonna be easy....

irene, when r u planning for 2nd bb?
happy.gif

good luck..if girl, wow, i tink sure very beautiful..
happy.gif
im picturing jerald's future sister with jerlad's fair skin, big eyes n super long lashes... *drool*

aiyo,

the posts move so fast. I thought I have chance to the JWT class, hiaz. I even copy down Blue's accoutn number and want to transfer money liao...

NExt time lah....

Angel,
did Jade pick up the sand and eat when she is playing on the beach? I was thinking of brining natalie to the beach to play but scare she eats the sand. She now puts everything in her mouth.

blue, i trsf fm UOB a/c so maybe the reflection in your a/c will need 2 - 3 working days. If not i pay you cash this sun during kindermusik trial, cn?

irene,
no lar, not clown but a kai xin guo leh...
keke. i oso noticed... wonderin why jerald wan this lao auntie.. lbs cud b rite, this smart boy boy noe hw to take the MIL route! hohoho.. LOL

re : pumping
me too, luv to latch maegan but pumping is simply too bothersome. if only i dun hv to pump... dun mind bf longer too.

mummies who plan to bf till 1 yr,
lets jia you together!!

blue,
i'm fine wif the suggested cake. very nice in fact.. can u pm me the contact?
btw, for the mega party, can daddy n gor gor still come along? or 30 paxs strictly 1 bb wif 1 adult nia?

blue,
During the mega party, can we hv another small group for our elder one?? Or else they will be very boring looking at their brother or sister playing leh..

btmum,
aiyo, relax.... some more you in teaching profession, must be v v v v patient.. with all the sort of kids you have to tolerate and handle..haha

Hello mummies ... haha, we gals really chat day and night hor?
happy.gif

For the Mega Party, what happens is ... the 30 babies together with 1 accompanying parent each will be down on the carpeted floor to do some "activities" conducted by the JWT trainers. It's something like what you do during trials but not entirely the same. They will customise according to age group ... so I told them our babies are all around 11 months+.

The other parent or elder siblings can sit around at the benches provided outside the gym area to watch ... according to them, that holding area is big enough to accomodate quite a no. of people (assuming most come with both husband and wife). The elder siblings I think cannot participate cos the no. of pax cost is based on the no. of kids involved in the "activities".

Magoo: Good idea! We can have a mini gathering for the elder ones ... but I haven't explore what other places around that area suitable for the elder ones. Who we have on that day?

rxsti: Up to you ... if you have transferred already, then let it be ... if not, you can also pass me cash on Sun.
happy.gif

darmae: You also tempted to order agar agar cakes for Maegan's birthday huh? Nice hor? Maybe I should look for one with Desiree and the cake so that you all can gauge how big the cake is ...

emily: i went for photoshoot today and ben was the one who took for us. I think alot depend on your baby how he/she take well to camera. My boy is generally a smiley boy(those mummies who met him before you know). In front of camera, he machiam lost his smiley character, stoned look and he blinked faster than the camera flash, haahaaa. Most of the shots he either looked stoned, eyes close or looked down. Ben had a hard time appealing him and to make him smile, not to say laugh. hee hee! Hmm, let me know if you organsing another round of Jshopper eh, haahaaa!

Irene: Good that Ben can appeal your Jerald, hope you will have another enjoyable session with your family.

Blue: no prob, nothing big deal..if have vacancy then slot me in.

Oh today i went to Timberland sales at The Chevron, damage was $304! Bought 3 pair of kids shoes, 1 pair of kid boots, 1 pair of women boots and 1 pair of men's boots, 2 s/s tee and 1 l/s tee. Money well spent esp. for the shoes. For those who are keen to go, they have another 2days to go, worth going for timberland fans, my colleague specially took 1/2 day leave for it, hahaaaa!

Back