(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

blue,
can we hv it at the same pl?
then will be more easy for us too... hee..

Think should hv
1) magoo's girl - Mayvis
2) Blue's girl - Desiree
3) Darmae's boy - Darius
4) Row's girl n boy (but in primary sch)
5) Florence's boy - Name?
6) Tiffany's boy - Name?

I think abt there liao..hee..

Here's a pic of D and her Minnie Mouse agar agar cake!

1455755.jpg

Hi blue,
That's good news indeed!
happy.gif
I will transfer $ to you tmr k...must ask hubby to do it. Hey btw, how come got 2 JWT trial classes huh? One in June and another for the Mega party in August? Is it the same class? If it is then I don't want to go for the one in June liao.

Cookie Monster,
Jade surprisingly didn't eat the sand...I was worried abt that too haha...coz she also tends to put everything into her mouth! Not sure why she didn't though...maybe she was full at the time I brought her coz it was after her breakfast
happy.gif

Chloe,
Nice meeting you too today!
happy.gif
Sorry couldn't stay to chat longer lor...the little monster was so cranky coz she was bored...the moment I stepped out of the restaurant and put her on her stroller she stopped making noise and was happily smiling at ppl walking past! Iddiooooot.

Bena,
Are you and Zac going for kindermusik this sunday? I was waitlisted for the trial and they got me slotted for the 3pm one this Sunday. Will I see my future SIL again?????
happy.gif

blue,
yeah, me tempted by the agar agar cake. cos some relatives n frens dun take cake.. so i thot of ordering this agar agar cake for them. of cos, we will still hv the usual cake lor.

Angel: Yes you can ... max. is up to 30 pax. Pls proceed to transfer $5 deposit to my a/c. Thanks.

darmae: Haha, see ... I can tempt you so easily hor! First was the Beco ... 2md was the Shichida ... and now is the agar agar cake! Haha!
happy.gif

blue, i alr trsf this morning.... i'm also interested in the agar agar cake leh.... pm me the contact, worth considering to have this for birthday at least something different..

rxsti, since you already transferred, then just let it be ... if not you give me cash on Sun I also need to transfer back to you ... ma fan lah.
happy.gif

What's your email address?

Re:FM
Failed the 1st attempt! My gal took 20 ml and started crawling so fast away from my to avoid the bottle! The moment she sees the bottle, she will try to escape!!I had to get my hubby to help cos i got so tired crawling with her on my king sized bed. Dunno why she can tahan. Managed to coax her to drinl 110ml in all. (6 scoops into 230ml of water). Surprising, she managed to sleep thru till 6am. Comparable to 220ml of ebm...That sets me wondering abt the quality of my bm.

2nd attempt: 6am. Added 2 scoops to 120ml of water to make it more dilute like tat of bm. She took 100ml like what she usually do for bm.

3rd attempt: 8 am: Took another 50ml.

4th attempt. Will try again later.

btw: Anyone drinking enfapro here?? Hubby says it is very plain. May want to switch to a sweeter one? Friso n Similac?? Are they sweet?

poohwei,
u start giving en en FM le ah. I also thinking of starting soon cos bebies who are breast fed for more them 6 months have the tendency to reject FM next time.But i dunno how to start leh. you change the whole feed or 30% FM - 70% BM ratio?

Any mummies can share how all of you change from BM to FM?

Phoebe,
I just started by giving her 1 whole feed of FM and she finished all. She was ok for awhile but only recently chut pattern loh, refuse FM totally. If mixing with BM help let me know cos I really want her to be on FM at night lei.

Think should hv
1) magoo's girl - Mayvis
2) Blue's girl - Desiree
3) Darmae's boy - Darius
4) Row's girl n boy (but in primary sch)
5) Florence's boy - Keith ( 3yrs in sept)
6) Tiffany's boy - Name?

I think abt there liao..hee..

Hi Phoebe,

My first attempt: 100% FM according to the instructions on the tin.

2nd attempt: 100% FM still, but very diluted form. Instead of 2 scoop to 60ml, i used 2 scoops to 120ml. She drank all.

3rd attempt: Back to instructions on the tin. Dun drink again. So i am considering changing milk powder.

<font color="ff0000">Mummyfaith</font>,
That's why my hubi insisted Isaac to sleep in his cot in his own room ALONE from day 1. He doesn't want to unlearn Isaac's habit. Initially think very 'chan ren', but now appreciate cos we have more quiet time together.

<font color="0000ff">Pooiwei</font>,
Don't think your BM quality drops leh...Just that BM is more digestible than FM, esp now our bbs are more active.

Not sure of other brands. I use Nans cos after chking some reviews, KKH oso uses this cos it's said that it's taste is close to BM. I think all FM taste sweeter than BM leh.

<font color="ff6000">Pheobe</font>,
Don't think it's advisable to switch abruptly. When I switch to Nan2, Isaac rejected even when I mixed 4scoop Nan2:2scoop Nan1. It took me 2 tins of Nans1 to switch slowly to Nans2. But then every bb adapts differently.

You may want to

1. Alt b/w Bm and Fm throughout the day. The best time to feed FM IF Ryann rejects FM is the 1st feed. He is probably so hungry and 'blur' that he won't bother what is what. hehe

2. Mix Bm with Fm

<font color="aa00aa">Any mummies give Scott Cod Liver Oil to bbs now? I saw some web info that it can be introduced as early as 6mths but the instruction on the bottle says 1year and above. Any advise?</font>

hi poohwei,
happy.gif

i hv let my bb tried most brands of milk, i find that enfapro's taste is quite distinctive, quite different from the rest of FM...(cant really describe the taste)..now my bb is on both nan &amp; enfapro :p (ya, i alternate the formula for taste)

similac - i find tat the texture is abit coarse..cos it contains no palm oil, so i find it slightly more diff to dissolve...the scoop is quite big too..

Friso &amp; nan &amp; mamil - to me the texture is abt the same..taste wise, its abt the same too, taste like normal FM.. very slight difference in taste i tink.. haha, i can oni tell the difference between them &amp; enfapro...maybe i hv lousy taste buds :p

oh ya, also tried friso soy - smell &amp; taste like RAW potatoes (or vegetables- quite yucky)..

but din try isomil, promil, Nan HA...etc though...

i tink u can try mixing the BM with FM, then increase FM progressively, so that enen can learn to accept the taste slowly..will take time..hang on ya? jiayou!
happy.gif

Poohwei, I have a friend who's been BFing fo 1.5yrs now. She says that baby can smell that the mummy has breastmilk, and will get confused why mummy is feeding FM instead. It's best to get someone else to intro her FM first, coz they can sense and smell their fave BM is around
happy.gif
The first few times her son was introduced to FM, she had to hide in another room and cannot be in her son's sight!

blue,

dont worry about my two older ones, prob can let my hubby bring them go jalan jalan, is there arcade there?

<font color="ff0000">Hi Fitty_nut =D</font>
Ryann only drink 3 times a day. First feed usually 210-240ml. but must take a break in between. sometimes when he notti mood 190 also cannot finish. Because he is on BM since birth. Only drank Nan in hospital and a few times during his 1st month cos i have got mastitis. Now when he is rejecting solid and prefer BM, it make me kind of worried lor.
Some mummies advice me to change one feed, some ask me to mix 60ml FM and 130ml BM. Then slowly let him get use to the taste first then change to 90ml FM 110ml BM until it is 100% FM.
So now i dunno how lor.

<font color="ff0000">poohwei</font>
I think is because of the texture of the milk leh. Cos BM are more watery. Thus when u dilute it, en en will drink but when change back, the milk is thicker, she dun like it.

Pheobe,
Seriously it's a trial and error thing till you find the right proportion. Have to take cue from Ryann.

When I started Isaac with Nans2, for 3days... realized he puked more often after milk, like 1st time I feed banana and will repeatedly sit upright after a few sucks. Haizz take very long to finish.

Silly mum here still gong gong...thot he's unwell. Then I test test...give him full bottle of Nans1. He finished it! So change ratio 5nans1:1nans2 for 1wk; and increase ratio wk after wk lor..

Find Nans stages very ma fan cos Nans2 states till 10mth then go to stage3. So history will repeat. Don't want to go test other brand, will be very blur to mix unless Isaac can't take Nans2 at all.

Atinarin

Hmm...Multivit...do bbs really need? Tot mayb deficiency then need. The reason I tot Cod liver oil is I was fed such last time. It's said to boost immune system and gd for brain development.
happy.gif

blue, PM me the details for the agar agar cake too? quite keen to have a change as some people think cake is fatty. hahahahaha....thanks in advance!

fitty_nut:my girl is a poor eater so i thought of giving her cos i think she really needs it,...she can survive on 400ml + of milk a day and thats it...

Angel: Think you amended your posting after I posted my reply right? Cos my reply was to your slot for the Mega Party on 16 Aug ... that one yes ... cos can take up to max. 30 pax and you are no. 28 on my list. The trial class on 14 Jun no more slot liao. So if you want, you can pass me $5 when you see me tomorrow at Kindermusik (yours is at 3pm right?).

As requested by many of you, here's the contact for the Agar Agar Cake:

James Chan &amp; wife (97887807 / 96350758)

You can ask them to email you their latest designs and choose from there. Happy choosing!
happy.gif

happy.gif
UPDATES ON MEGA PARTY @ JWT-KIDS
happy.gif

Date: Sat 16 Aug 2008
Time: 4.30 pm - 6.30 pm

Max. we can have for the Mega Party is 30 pax so we are left with the 2 last slots!
Hurry to avoid disappointment!

UNPAID PARTICIPANTS:
20. Elaine + Chloe
21. rxsti + Ariel (pending funds from UOB)
23. star + theo + HB
26. Voice + Sam
27. miraclecraz + zorian
28. angelbaby + jade

p.s. Pls remember to transfer $5 deposit to my POSB Savings A/c 539-10927-8 by today if possible ... if not latest by Sun!

atinarin,

i hv given marcus kiwi fruits and he enjoyed it - and didnt hv any bad reaction to it so maybe something to try. he also likes his mashed cherries wih yoghurt, peaches and plums.

<font color="ff0000">fitty_nut</font>
Must change at 10 months meh? it is optional right? i got 2 tins of Nan2. One is the old version, one is their latest version.
Thinking of gg to motherhood fair to stock up. But i haven even let him try to dunno shld buy or not.

<font color="ff0000">atinarin</font>
ur gal reject what kind of food? milk also? Is she gaining weight well? Ryann also reject porridge. keep showing the "i want to vomit" face. So i tried for more then 2 weeks also reject. End up i give mee sua. But i soak in water first before i cook to remove the salt. So far he does reject at times, but at least he start to eat abit more.you might wan to try.

monster's mum I would be so happy if my girl would eat all of that!

{Phoebe} She drinks very little milk, about 100ml a time. I stopped weighing her cos i didnt wanna keep obsessing. She has tried, and hated all of these:
Apple
Pear
Avocado
Carrot
Potato
Mixed vege (heinz)
Rice cereal
Brown rice
Mixed fruit (heinz)
Organic rusk biscuits
Baby Bites

phoebe, so cute u gv mee sua...actualli i tink i heard b4 tt mee sua can fatten bb up and most bb like it.
u juz boil the meesua? use stock?

atinarin, maybe u can try diff brands of rice cereals? my kid shows preference for 1 brand vs another eg, he prefers bellamy's rice cereal to healthy times.

hv u tried pumpkin ? read that most babies do like pumpkin..

monster's mum i tried the pumpkin and sweet potato that come in jars...she doesnt like...not sure what else i tried...hmmm...rice and chicken porridge also she hated

<font color="ff0000">atinarin</font>
So far you tried jar and puree already? for Ryann, he eat only certain brand of apple and pear. only those slightly better grade kind. sweet potato also eat japanese kind. HE like king like tat, so young still know how to choose. I never tried jar before so cannot comment much, but if puree how fresh the fruit does play apart.
So far i gave Nestle cereal, mixed fruit is his favourite. Nestle cereal abit sweeter so maybe ur gal might like? alternatively, i change the texture of the puree or cereal. sometimes he will finish too. Mee sua is the one that look like bee hoon but is white in colour and after cooking is very soft. I cannot recall what is the english name. let me go home see. =p

<font color="ff0000">Elaine </font>
No need stock cos mee sua itself is with salt. thats why i soak it in water first then boil.

madlynette banana havent tried..will try too

phoebe i tried jar and fresh purees, no luck...thanks for checking on mee sua..i think maybe in NTUC WILL HAVE? then the name will be there on the pack i think

atinarin,
maybe your ger dunt like puree, my nephew prefers foods with textures from the beginning, so my sis intro textured foods quite early. i was surprise to hear this but she says her son hates purees and she was amaze when seeing myra gobbling all her puree. hehe.

Back