(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

justme, re: toilet training. what worked for nate was that it was his own decision not to wear pullups at night. (i was the one who was unsure.)i told him if he don't wear pullups, he has to wake up in the night to go toilet. sometimes he will wake on his own and sometimes i will wake him. usually after the toilet he will plonk back to bed sleeping in less than a min. about once a week, there will be 'accident' but we'll just encourage him and tell him its alright so he doesn't get discouraged.
i think when your kid is more or less ready, they will be the first to let you know!

toilet training,

Natalie is the one who tells me, she is a big girl and she does not want to wear diaper to bed at night. So we let her wear underwear to bed and so far, she is ok.
happy.gif
Guess its true that the children will let you know when they are ready.

Angel,
Playdate. Count me in, i saw in my email that u invited me via facebook, but when I check facebook, I could not find the invitation. hee hee.. let me know the details via my email can? [email protected] thank you.

Pillow,
just read your blog today, congrats on the birth of Alyssa. =) Mister Shawn must be thrilled to have mei mei to play with.

i haven't been reading blogs - don't have one so don't keep track of any of you ladies updates.

Pillow, CONGRATS!!! A girl this time eh? I bet she is as pretty as mummy. (from what i remember seeing your pics once upon a time) hehe.

Hi cookie monster,
Yay...looking forward to meeting you & Nat! I'm sure our kiddos will have lots of fun playing together. So far got 8 mummies coming
happy.gif
So sorry my facebook invite disappeared...when I created the invite, somehow there was a duplicate and then I deleted one. Will email you details soon
happy.gif

Wow Nat not wearing diapers at night liao? That's great! Did she used to wake up in the morning with full diapers? Has she had any accidents? Jade told me she is big girl too and doesn't wanna wear diapers at night. BUT she still wakes up with full and wet diapers every morning. So i'm hesitating on training her to go diaperless.

Pillow, congrats on your #2!!!!! Hope mummy and baby are good
happy.gif
How long was your labour? Love the name Alyssa! So sweet
happy.gif

hope she will grow up to be pretty and sweet :p

labour ? erhmm , elective c-section . so everything is planned and smooth
happy.gif

Hi Nate,
Yes there's a playdate at Terminal 3 this Saturday, 31 July. Meeting at 5pm at the kiddy fun ride at Carpark 3A, Basement 2. We will be doing a picnic. Come join us if you can!
happy.gif
Will email you the details, you can think of wat you want to bring.

Hello Mummies..
Reporting here again to check out to ensure I dont miss out anything this sat playdate.

Angel,
So, are we doing potluck or dine there?

Hi Tiffany,
The majority had no preference, and 2 prefer picnic..ya so we are all bringing finger food and will picnic somewhere quiet. Irene is bringing paper plates, forks, spoons, picnic mat and tissue. So far abt 10 kiddos coming. Estimate 1 parent coming with each kid. Don't bring too much
happy.gif

Hi mummies! Here are the details. Sorry took so long to compile..busy at work handing over coz last day of work is Thursday.

Playdate at T3
Venue: Changi Airport Terminal 3 (meet at Kids fun rides at Carpark 3A at Basement 2)
Time: 5pm

So far the following have confirmed:
1) angel2baby + Jade + Ryan + Helper
2) Florence + Keith + Hazel + Helper
3) Irene + Hubby + Jerald
4) Sharon + Summer + Season
5) Tiffany + Andrea + Lucas + Helper
6) KL Nah + Aloysious
7) Rachel + Charlene + Charlotte + Hubby?
8) Snowangel + Travis + Hubby?
9) Cookiemonster + Natalie + Hubby?

Anyone else wanna join us? Got 14 kids coming so far. We can play football liao haha
happy.gif

We will meet at the Kids Fun Rides place, then proceed to find a nice spot for our picnic within T3. My handphone number is 9835-5459 if you need to contact me. Bring some finger foods / easy to eat stuff for kids and adults. Irene has kindly volunteered to supply paper plates, forks, spoons, picnic mat and tissue. Florence is bringing drinks. I'm bringing mini pau. If you've decided what to bring, let everyone know so that we try not to bring the same things ya.

See you all soon!!!
happy.gif

HI Angel,

I only let Natalie go diaperless at night after she has been dry for quite some time, maybe 2 or 3 months? She will still have accidents once in a while though.

3 of us will be coming for the play date this sat.

I will bring sandwich, does all your children eat ham and cheese sandwich? Maybe I make some tuna ones for adults. Maybe I bring some boiled small hot dogs too or go to polar to get those chicken pies?

Hi ladies,

I should be joining in this Saturday! Yipee!

Playdate at T3
Venue: Changi Airport Terminal 3 (meet at Kids fun rides at Carpark 3A at Basement 2)
Time: 5pm

So far the following have confirmed:
1) angel2baby + Jade + Ryan + Helper
3) Irene + Hubby + Jerald
4) Sharon + Summer + Season
5) Tiffany + Andrea + Lucas + Helper
6) KL Nah + Aloysious
7) Rachel + Charlene + Charlotte + Hubby?
8) Snowangel + Travis + Hubby?
9) Cookiemonster + Natalie + Hubby?
10) arisz + Tristan + Ashton + Hubby + Helper

I will probably bake some cupcakes for everyone.
Chocolate flavour or plain ones?

Hi mummies
If my girl guai guai have her afternoon nap early, then I might be able to join you! I'll msg either angel or Irene if I'm there on SAT!
Looking forward to see the kiddos :)

Totoro,
Tire her out in the morning...then she will sleep soundly hehe!

Arisz,
Great!
happy.gif
Looking forward to trying your amazing baking skills =)

angel
my girl don't know run on what kind of battery one ... sometimes no matter how .. she will refuse to sleep and then get cranky!!!!

HI angel,

Sorry I cannot go for the playdate anymore.
My friend gave me NDP preview tickets, so I am bringing my girl to the NDP show. Sorry about that.

cookie monster,
Its ok
happy.gif
I'd love to attend the parade too but always cannot get tickets! I'm planning to bring the kids to catch the fireworks after the playdate.

Good Morning to all Mummies.

Thanks Janice for looping me in for this playdate. We enjoyed ourselves so much and it was really nice meeting up and getting to know more mummies on Sat..

Florence,
Big Thank you for photographing all the kids! You are one funny mummy that all the kids just swamp to you like bees... You are so good with kids. Need to learn from you.

All other mummies,
Really nice meeting up for the 1st time. To some, have met before, but long time ago that probably you may have forgotten. My kids really enjoyed themselves so much and hope to be able to join in more often.

Didnt expect Andrea could mingle so well with the rest. She has always been quite a difficult girl and I am amazed with her behaviour on sat. Looks like we should meet more often and get to know the rest better.
happy.gif

Looking forward to the 3rd bash if timing is right...

Hi mummies
Sorry that I couldn't make it last Sat. K sleep until 5pm and my bro suddenly asked if we want to watch the parade and fireworks and hence we went off to town and reached there just before the tanks start moving off.

Wow! all of them are really grown up liao! I bet it must have been fun and the kiddos looks really happy and enjoying themselves!
Looking forward to the 3rd bash!

Hi Tiffany,
Yeah it was a very nice gathering!! I enjoyed chatting with you and my kids enjoyed themselves so much they both KO'd in the car almost immediately after I put them in their carseats! Your kids are such angels! I noticed Jade got along well with Andrea, willing to share her bubbles with her haha but not the rest! See you in Berries next week
happy.gif

Nicole,
Your muffins were sooooo deliciously delightful!!!
happy.gif
Thanks for baking! Can we place order for birthday cupcakes for the birthday bash anot???
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Totoro, Nate, Cookiemonster,
Hope to you see at the birthday bash
happy.gif

Mummies,
Re birthday bash, venue yet to be confirmed...any location to suggest? Rochester Park Playhouse not very suitable. Its quite small as the upstairs is off limits for kids under 4. So not much space for our kids to play and run around inside the playhouse. We have quite a big group! Some mummies suggested Polliwogs @ East Coast and Gogo Bambini in Holland. Will check it out tomorrow if they have any parties on that day and post updates here
happy.gif

September Kiddos 3rd Birthday Bash
Date: 14 August 2010
Time: 5pm - 7pm
Venue: TBC
* Bring unisex gift worth $20 for gift exchange
happy.gif

So far the following have confirmed on Facebook:
1) angel2baby + Jade + Ryan + Daddy + Helper
3) Irene + Daddy + Jerald
4) Sharon + Summer + Season + Daddy?
5) Rachel + Charlene + Charlotte + Daddy?
6) Snowangel + Travis + Hubby?
7) arisz + Tristan + Ashton + Hubby + Helper
8) Peapod + Caelen + Daddy?
9) Eileen + Ayden + Daddy?
10) Totoro_bb + Kelly + Daddy?

Anyone else interested to join? Add in your names pls
happy.gif

How abt potluck at east coast before polliwog? Do let me know. ;) thanks Janice for organising and making this work. Getting all excited le

Hi Angel,
Yes, I could see Jade and Andrea hit off well! See ya on sat.

Re: 3rd Bday Bash
I will try to make it. To be confirmed.

Florence,
I like the idea of Potluck at ECP. However, I find Polliwog so small and boring. Not sure about how the rest feel. I think Fidget/ gogo bamini is big and more interesting.

September Kiddos 3rd Birthday Bash
Date: 14 August 2010
Time: 5pm - 7pm
Venue: TBC
* Bring unisex gift worth $20 for gift exchange

1) angel2baby + Jade + Ryan + Daddy + Helper
3) Irene + Daddy + Jerald
4) Sharon + Summer + Season + Daddy?
5) Rachel + Charlene + Charlotte + Daddy?
6) Snowangel + Travis + Hubby?
7) arisz + Tristan + Ashton + Hubby + Helper
8) Peapod + Caelen + Daddy?
9) Eileen + Ayden + Daddy?
10) Totoro_bb + Kelly + Daddy?
11) yoki + kayla + daddy?

The date changed from 21st to 14th??

Hi mummies! Ok here's what I've found out. Let me know what you think.

1) Polliwogs @ East Coast opens till 8pm on Saturdays. Entrance fees for kids above 2 is $18 for 90 mins and $8 for each additional half hour. Below 2 is $6 for 90 mins, $3 for additional half hour. No outside food and cake cutting allowed inside the premises. We can do potluck and picnic at the beach then.

2) Fidgets @ Turf City opens only until 6pm
sad.gif
So this option is out.

3) GogoBambini @ Dempsey opens until 8pm. Entrance fees are $17 unlimited time. Under 2 is $6 and under 1 is free. We can do cake cutting there in the cafe, but we must order food/drinks from the cafe. Can bring our own cake or order cupcakes from the cafe.

4) Kids Amaza @ Safra Jurong

VERY BIG...3 stories of play! Opens till 9pm on Saturday. Entrance fee is $16 unlimited play for non-members, $12+ for members, 18 months below free. We can cut cake at the Honey Cafe but must order cake/food/drinks from them ($70 for 30cm cake).

Oh and if we want to get a party package at Kids Amaze its actually quite cheap leh. For Safra member is $417. So if we have 20 kids coming, that's abt $21 each. Package include unlimited play for 20 kids and use of party room. So we can use the party room for our cake cutting & potluck! Party room is pre-decorated. Anybody is a member can help book? Must pay deposit by tomorrow. The lady says Aug 14th still available for the 6-9pm slot.

Florence,
Ya lor so many choices...how to pick? Which one you prefer? If you ask me, I prefer Safra Jurong (sounds big and nice, its new and its the cheapest option and I haven't been there before hehe).

We celebrate your hubby's birthday together lah...he can cut cake and wear party hat with the kids
happy.gif

I'm ok with Kids Amaze though we'll not try the covered slide ... kind of scary for me the last time I went and hurt my elbow as I din put my hand properly ....K have not been there so guess she will be really excited if we are holding it there.
the party room is quite ok with the small table and chairs for the kiddos. The decor are just simple Happy birthday banner but should do the job liao :)

Kids Amaze is relatively new and cheap. Is a nice place though, I had seen quite alot of children holding their party there when I brought Travis for class on weekend.

The only setback was abit far for some for those who didn't drive.

Hi mummies

Thanks for arranging for the 14 Aug meetup. I am looking forward to it Jurong is abit far for me and I would prefer Dempsey but no issue if majority prefers Jurong.

PDs in the east
Any mummies know of good PDs in the east, preferably Katong or Marine Parade area or Eunos or Kembangan area? Please recommend. Currently I go to Dr Yvonne at Clementi and it's way too far for me

Hi mummies!

Wow lookslike it was a fun picnic at the Airport. I never knew we could actually 'camp' out there.

Have fun at the 3rd birthday bash ya!

hi peapod i recommend Dr Vasanthi of Kinder Clinic at Parkway Parade.

you can check out their website for her schedule. as she shuttles between Parkway and Paragon. but she is mainly based at parkway.

Atinarin,
Can u join us for the bash?

Your post reminded me of my younger days when I used to 'camp' out in the airport...studying or just hanging out with friends. OMG...how I miss those carefree days!!!!

totoro_bb,
How come you went to Kids Amaze without K the last time? And you went down the slide? Lol! I thought its only for kids?

Hi All,

The gathering last sat was fun! Tristan had a great time running around.
He always take some time to warm up first but he sure had lots of fun that day!
Me too, was good chatting with you ladies after not meeting for such a long time.

Thanks Janice for organising!

The chicken wings and fishball that Irene brought was nice!
Janice, you bought the baos? Tristan loves them! Haha!
And the curry puffs was good too! (sorry, dunno who bought that)

Tiffany, I totally agree with you. Florence is absolutely good with kids. I must also learn from her.
happy.gif

Pardon that I only brought muffins that day. Will try to bake a cake /muffins for the birthday bash if you all don't mind.
happy.gif

Back