(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

ginger,
voted for 2 categories liao!!! both mummy n ger ger very 'swee'!!

wise,
yeah, i oso prefer 2-3 yrs gap. which why for #3, ned to wait till maegan 2 yrs old then decd. hee. but if contraception fails us then bo pian. wahahahaha

florence,
for my case, i'm the one who is bz cos i ned to travel much more than hubby.
he will need to do "nite duties - milk feed" when the kids r younger. tdy he's at home wif the 2 kids plus maid though cos my mil travellin n i cant take leave.

irene,
xie xie ni.. look young but actually physically not young leh. gg after kids can make me breathless. haha. think my maid run faster than me....u so kind, say i handle kids well. but no leh, look at hw my son behave... faint lor

CM,
i pm-ed u liao. engaged this magician twice liao, tis year with him too for my kids bday.
so far, the little kids enjoyed...

Florence,
Ya lor whenever he make me so angry wanted to scold or beat his thighs he'll just mk a funny face or smile & it really melts my heart. Sometimes i'll just punish him by squeezing or biting his thighs & he thought i'm playing with him faint..

Darmae,
Dun forget u look young & young at heart too
happy.gif
I stand next to u like "yi tian" & "yi di" not trying to compare but i really find u a very capable mummy to ur kids lor. I see the way u handle ur boy yday very steady lor. I really envy those mummies who can drive alone with their kids. My hb always say me only know how to sit behind & dunno how to drive. But i told him without his car, i still got "2 ka" so i'm still ok to bring jerald out on my own hee..

irene,
aiyo.. ur nice comments can make me blushed lor.
so paisey. i feel there's still alot to learn fm mummies here too. every kid different so handling oso different as times.
no choice ah... when he misbehave, no point scold n shout at him leh. i find it dun work in his case... so hv to 'lor soh', tok n tok, explain n explain. smtimes very tiring... but bo pian, its my son leh. if i give up on him, then he will be very poor thing.
u have "2 ka".. that is very powerful liao!!!

florence,
hand n face painting plus tattoo, i can do myself.
but magician... i cant do magic. hahaha
paying 398 for 1.5 hr show (inclusive of balloon sculpturing up to 50kids and 30 games + prizes)
i think the price is ok..

Hi September mummies, so sorry to barge in, I'm frm the August 2007 thread, I've got abt 6 tins of Similac Follow On to let go at a discounted price, got them through a friend who ordered directly frm Abbotts for us. The reason for letting go, as my boy had just turned 1yr 2 weeks ago, so am changing frm this to Pediasure, and we have miscalculated the numbers of tins needed, ordered too many tins, so now we have extra. Do pm me if you are interested. Thanks and sorry once again for the interruption.

Hi Mummies,

Need a favour.

I am racking my brain hard for a birthday venue for my boy's 1 year old. On a budget so cost conscious

Any ideas for the venues?

Hi all,

Really enjoyed myself at the party ytday! My boy was also super excited...he came home and refused to sleep. Went on to play till at night. Gosh!

Oh, by the way...the "size of the photo really make a difference"...haha!

All the babies are so cute!

Thanks so much to all the committee members and also to Emily for the function room!!! You gals are wonderful!
bounce.gif

PM Lee just announced..

Paid maternity leave will be extended from 12 weeks to 16 weeks, and the extra four weeks can be taken anytime during the baby's first year.

Emphasising that parenting is a job for both parents has influenced some policy changes which he hopes will help to shift attitudes. Childcare leave, which can be claimed by either parent, will be extended from two to six days per year.

There will also be one week of unpaid infant-care leave per year, and mums or dads can claim it until their child turns two years old.

Watch the rally halfway, Ryann need to eat medicine ... 4 months is happening lor....

Sorry for my ignorance hor.
childcare leave is 6 days per calendar year right? starting from when? so which means if i claim 4 days my hubby only got 2 days to claim huh?

Got mention anything abt paternal leave?

Haiz..

Bought stuff from BP again...n i sae darmae again...Think we BP siao liaoz..

RE: Extended Maternity leave
Wow..with the incentive, must work harder liaoz..Hubby complained that there is no paternity leave..so not fair

Hi Morning Mummies

Ya a rainy day I want to zzzzzzzzzz

Btw mummies do u have any good Confinement lady and also part time maid to recommend? Can pm me if u have.. getting it on behalf of my friend! Thanks alot!
happy.gif

phoebe: my understanding is both parents can claim 6days leh, wait till gvt announced in more details lah, when these revised perks will kick in. No paternity leave mentioned leh.

Florence: we're entitled too.

low, mag,
yeah rainy day... and i'm at home!!
with the kids.
feel like zzzz too

voice,
i saw the update on the rally too. i heard that the bb bonus will also be revised... even extended to 5th child. hopefully the further details announcing on wed will benefit us too!

poohwei,
u caught me in BP again... opps
same as u lor, cant resist.

bb piglet,
hope ayden enjoying the bathing foam fm CB.
i have asked my cousin to buy the CB pdts when she flew back last week. Phoebe has lobang on the CB calendula cream.. bgt 3 tubs via her last time. i saw BP on CB pdts before... not sure if they still hv it

darmae,
Wow.. u good life leh.. on leave huh??
I also want!!

Re: Revised package
Heard from my HR manager.. she even asked me to revert my procedure!! Siao rit?? haha..

florence,
yah.... nw we are teasing my boss. he has 4th kids to-date. we always ask him to go for 5th, he used to say no incentives. hahahha, so now we shall c wat he says.

probably his SAH-wife will protest. hahaha

mag,
bo lar.. no gd life leh.
ned to deduct leave oso. darius' teacher will come for home visit in the afternoon.

wat reverting ur procedure??

i believe most bosses cant take the news of the 4mths maternity leave well. my colleague juz sms me, saw sour face fm her boss liao. ha...

I agree with Darmae.. think my boss also complaining.. actually I don't really gian the 4th month maternity leave in fact I rather not have it or else when we told boss we are pregnant we are like sinner commiting big crime, I hate to hear people commenting wow shiok liao lor got 4 months holidays paid somemore le... I was like thinking holidays mei during my ml I also slog like crazy taking care of babies...
To many bosses, they always say women not productive esp cos of the ML issue so hor when we pregnant they not so happy sian...
always say guys at the most reservice only 3-4 weeks only not like women 1 shot disappear for 4 months!!!

darmae
so good daius teacher do home visit??? thought only have meet the parents session in school type...

uncle lemon : My eng job gets eng pay mah.... hehe admin job lor. those super low pay eng eng job. haha

low family : I agree man. If you disappear for 4 months and you dun feel a thing mean you not impt or some1 has take over ur job. so when u go back , so out of place. but the additional month can take within a year right? so u can take 3 months then 1 month keep to slowly use. haha

Aiyoh ... the new baby incentives so tempting! But too bad we are not gonna have no. 3 and even if have, I must find a job and work there for at least 180 days before I can be entitled. Haha.
happy.gif

Wiselyn : my hubby dun earn much and I earn peanuts ... hehe so two kids is spent with some consideration. 3 kids is spent only when neccessary.

So two is better than three. haha

mag,
oh tat.. i still thot u HR manager negative over the announcement.. so chu some pattern.
hahhaa, so she 'meant good' ah, so u can hv #3. hehe

low,
yeah.. sure to hear alot of 'grouses' fm some bosses lor. even if they dun say out loud, can see from some of their expression liao. its true that some of them treat it as we are committing some crime. we cant be too bothered by them. if i hv #3, i bo chap lar. juz take full 16weeks, anyway its our entitlement. hehehe

initially when i learnt that she is coming for home visit,i thot my son hv done smthg notti in school. hahaha.. but realised that they will do home visit once quarterly. they juz want to update and at the same time look at the child's living environment etc. meet parents sessions will be more frequent...

nothing beats my boss, who says we can only take our 2 day child care leave , provided we clear ALL our leave for the year with no carry fwd.....

Back