(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

jeanyard,
why ur ils shifted all d way to east? :p
whitening is d fashion now ah :p do u get marks fr ur previous acne problem? how did u get rid of them?

nellu,
u got so nice skin, no need lots of makeup lah :p

I bought CB repellent spray, and my girl kena more bites. I have tried twice. Then I sold it off straighaway. Hansaplast works.

gacc, you can try mineralmake up. Eg silknaturals.com

Loose powder is sufficient, no need foundation I think. And blusher to add some pinkish tone, cos you said you look pale. HTHs.

sanrio
can u leave cher at ur mom's place? it she ok with u mom? if not really can't shop in peace.

Jeanyard
it's just for record purpose so that they can follow up n introduce the products to individuals n to prevent ppl from just asking for sample but never buy.

ladies
jus to share .. for dry skin, can also try A-derma. I find it more convenient as this brand can buy fm Watson, Guidance pharmacy etc ..

Actually i like CB and Dr actopeace oso, but these brands diff to buy and replenish :p

Amanda,
CB: California Baby calming body wash. else can try d CB super sensitive body wash, d super sensitive range is totally fragrant free so bb/kid cant smell nice nice. i hv sensitve skin n i cant use normal shower foam, not even J&J. i m ok w CB so far.

sgn,
yup she is ok w my mum. but i mus plan d timing cos she needs my 'b..bs'.. i stay very far fr town so usually i hv to go imm (if wo cher) n they dun hv cosmetics dept.
tks, wld wait for ur SK2 cos if gd, i tot of buying d miracle water to try. what is gd for freckles? n what is d main use of their mask?

sanrio,
my beautician did a good job during extraction, so no scarring. also my skin cannot do too much scrubbing. I use Yamano whitening essence, smells nice.
where to get fucicort for mosquito bites?
your skin is quite good, don't need much makeup.

Re: Zoo
mummies, i'm going to the zoo next sun with Cookie. Do I need to bring insect repellent?
Where should I head for cos I don't want to spend whole day there?

sanrio,
if this is the case, then you go ahead with whoever wants the playhouse. no need to hold for me. Unlikely to get a decision by this weekend. My hb is risk averse when spending money, he takes a LLLOOOOONG time to decide.

hehe..thanks for compliments on my skin. My hb always said that if only i make more effort to drink more water, it'll be better. But you know hor, I'm really vain..now cannot do w/o make up. At least the minimal is concealer cos i got panda eyes!!!

i agree with Jeanyard, if you seldom use, then better for you to get cheaper products. Loreal is a good brand i feel.

jeanyard,
thanks for the contact. will try to call her for appt.

coold,
i get my dr actopeace from our PD. cannot find anywhere else. where do you get your supplies from?

nellu,
what concealer u use? i hv panda eyes too
sad.gif
i tried estee, find it cakey n dry.

jeanyard,
fucicort nid prescription. w prescription, can get fr guardian.
zoo: yes need repellent, there's mozzie. can brg cookie to d playgrd n waterplay area. af zoo, usually mus go hm bathe...
mus take care of my skin esp i m not young liao..
Yamano fr where?

nellu,
my canon ixus digicam 'died off' yesdy
sad.gif
i think it wld b costly to repair it. when i switch to camera both auto n manual mode, d screen is black. only viewing n video mode are working. hb said, wld get 1 for me for my coming b'day in dec. u noe where can i read abt camera reviews? shd i get bk a canon, lumix or ????
any suggestions on camera?
happy.gif

sanrio
fucicort good meh? Gp gave me that for my foot itch dun seems to help.

can cher nap at ur mom's place? cos AMK is nearer to travel to town (if i'm not worng ur mum stays AMK).
mask is to hydrate ur skin u will find ur face supple after doing the mask 'toi toi'! hee hee hee. i dun go for facial so mask is a need for me but i only start doing it recently.

very long nvr hear fr lovedogs n kris..think lovedogs due anytime soon

sanrio
didnt know abt the warm water..i somemore turn the heat higher for her..
i tot ur hubby got a dig cam as door gift?

ris
hansaplast has repellent? i tot only plaster

wonderbb,
too warm water is not gd for dry/sensitive/ezcema skin. yup but i dun really like its photo quality/effect.

sgn,
no she dun really like my mum place. so if i nid to run errand, wld b d day my mum cum visit.

sanrio
ur complexion ok le....no need much make up also la. I using ZA compact powder. I dun apply make up often too. dun even need that for work....so normally only go out apply abit or on certain occasion like wedding dinner, party etc.

I dun like Loreal. too oily for me n i have breakouts after using their prod.

Jeanyard
U bringing cookie alone to zoo next week?
prob can go causeway pt after tat??

sanrio,
go to cnet to check out the reviews.

it depends on how savvy you are with the digicams' functions though. Also the kind of pictures you can take with the cameras. My brother used to own a Lumix. I find it not too bad. And i think it is more value for money.

concealer i use Shu Uemura. Used to use clinique. found the colour too white.

wonderbb,
yes, if bb has eczema, cannot use too warm water for shower/bath. Also cannot stay in water for too long. If need to go swimming, good to put on a layer of protective cream. My friend whose 6yo son has v bad eczema taught me to put vaseline petroleum jelly first before letting them go into the water. This will help to prevent the skin from getting too dry or irritated.

sgn,
the skII mask is good. but i think still need to go facial sometimes to eradicate other problems like black heads these kind of things.

jeanyard
tot u bringing cookie. hahaha....dun u n ur hubby should have more plans to go further ba. hehe

sanrio
clinique not bad. can try their prod.
happy.gif

sanrio
sorry for forgetting ur name cos yesterday at the post office can't recall ur name then when walk out the PO then remember but i had aready send u the msg anyway just to confirm if i had recalled the wrong name ha ha ha.

got a few advertisement on camera in Today's newspaper. saw canon and sony's cyber shot looks great (slim) thought u had just bought the camera when cher was born?
i would suggest just get a middle range but good camera with do cos now the things get spoilt easily esp with small kids at home. if spoilt just buy another one so u would't feel so heartache!

smalldreams/ mum@work
are we still meeting for lunch? rainy daily can we meet at novena?

nellu,
tks wld check out d review. my main purpose is to capture no flash pictures of d kids. i find canon colours quite natural n nice but sharpness is not tat gd. i oso prefer jap/asian cosmetic brands as ang moh brands colours not as close to our skin colour.

sgn,
tks! yes sony camera is very 'pretty' n sleek but it is not using SD card n i hv few SD cards at hm. yes wld just get a middle range one, hopefully not exceeding $500. yup u hv gd memory, bought d canon wen abt 5mths preg w cher n now she is 18mths old, d camera is spoiled...

cheezel,
i hv tried loreal, not suitable for me too.

jeanyard,
u gg zoo w ur hb wo cookie?

sgn, mum@work

Yups today seems better, less appointments compared to wednesday! So where shall we meet? Must I carry a black umbrella or something to be identified easily? heheh!

sanrio
Yeah I agree that's the downside of using sony cameras - must use it's memory card. My first digital camera was a super bulky Minolta (ancient!), then i ditched it for a Sony (which served me well!) But after that I bought Canon (the best so far!), then Adam's sippy cup leaked on it and spoilt, so I bought a Nikon (where Cheezel spotted me at Courts...ehhe). But I repaired my Canon camera and let my siblings use it. I find Nikon is rather slow lah. I'd go for Canon.

sgn oh no
i forgot to bring my phone today! tats why you haven't received any sms for lunch today. So how? on or not? Both ways fine with me
happy.gif

hallo mummies,
my trip to msia is cancelled liao cos I'm down with flu!

smalldreams,
are you using the Nikon coolpix? you know i have a 1st generation coolpix which takes only 2megapixels pictures. Still using it..but can't really use it to take pics of Josh. I find that I get better pix of Josh when using my DSLR. I like the Nikon DSLR over the Canon one mainly because of the colours. but then in the compact cam range i think canon is better than nikon.

sanrio,
aft you checked the reviews already lemme know what you think k? I'm also keen to probably look out for a good compact digital camera. sometimes bring DSLR v troublesome esp if I'm alone with Josh.

jeanyard,
finalli im into 2nd trim le, but when is april 2009 coming? so bored, stayin at hm most of the time, onli these 2 wks start to go out. so u shifted to the east oreadi? can go ikea for lunch if u r not working on weekday.

smalldreams, sgn
Sry, yesterday BBand was down so couldnt come on9!! abit too late to mit up i guess cos don ve neither of ur contact...My gal juz fin her class (extended time) and I juz managed to reach hm. Hope to arrange lunch again...paiseh paiseh...

kao_smile.gif

smalldream
sorry ley i was busy, no time to check SMH untill now can't arrange for meet up. next time ba sorry.....

nellu,
i read tru d reviews. i m 'eyeing' d 'canon ixus 870' but no review on this model yet as it is new but past reviews on comparable canon models are quite gd. yes photos by ur DSLR are very very nice but is too heavy for me to brg out so wld still pick a compact camera. unless 1 day 1 day, i really pursue my interest in photography further, then wld consider to invest in 1 :p
1 day i pop by ur place, u show me d DSLR n take some pictures for cher can :p
happy.gif

smalldreams,
how much did it cost to repair ur canon? canon told me we can 'return' our faulty canon camera to them n buy a new canon camera (any model) at a special price. i enquired on 1 model n compared price w d dealer. not v 'special' lah, abt $50-$70 cheaper than d dealer price.

Canon:
i called canon n they told me Vivo has 1 canon shop that i can go n try out d various canon models. wld pop by to take a look
happy.gif

sanrio
is it harvey norman? saw the shop that got many many display. may go vivo to shop this afternoon.

sgn,
i was told is a canon shop, near d GV at vivo. hey, i gg vivo later to check it out. i got d samples. tks. wat is d one in d small tub?

Yoz PGal
U hv been looking for me? Nv c ur posting lei.... Wads up?
kao_smile.gif

gacc
u looking for canon digi? u r interested in the 8series ar? Heard the review not very gd cos the quality of the camera not as gd n sturdy as the 950. 2wks ago, Audio Hse had a mega sale for IXUS950 at $368...I bought one for my sis's bday present.

sanrio
the small tub call totality it's moisturiser, apply after washing face. try use it b4 sleep may help ur dry skin.

never go vivo, went plaza singapura very crowded.
met a school of overseas indian students (10-12yrs) while taking the NEL, they keep pushing when the passagers are alighting from the train. i got angry cos i was carrying my sleepy ky n they are pushing from the back. i shoulded at them 'stop pushing ppl are coming out from the train'. then we finnally got into the train, it was flooded like little india! sorry i'm not racist but nobody gave seat to us. lucky this nurse who sitting 'chop' a seat for me but the indian student wanted to fight for the seat so the nurse scolded him!

Mum@Work,

I have tried looking for u via sms regarding Shichida. U never reply and I thought u are very busy ;p

Anyway, just to let u know that Springleaf is not shifting to Toa Payoh. Did u recive the memo that Shichida is opening a Kingeraten next year. The monthly fee for the 3 hours programme is so ridiculous!!!

Mummies,

Any more recommendations for beauty salons or beauticians other than Jeanyard for good and reasonable priced facials?

Please share the contact coz I am thinking of going for one.

Thanks
happy.gif
!

sgn

oh dear. what a bad timing for the students to go for a visit on a weekend... lucky KY wasn't disturbed from his sleep.

Sanrio

I've seen that Canon shop before! It's very near GV and along the same row of shops as Mini Toons etc. U can test the camera out there. I've been in there as hubby was checking out the yummy cameras... :p

anyway I paid $200+ for my canon repair. The customer service lady didn't tell me anything about being able to buy a new cammy at a cheaper price but she did sound a bit surprised when i told her I'll be repairing it and not buying a new one. She must've tot I'm mad. hehe

Mummies,
Went for scan on Fri. It's a ger (as predicted by Shyanne
happy.gif
) Asked her if it's Didi or Meimei. She said mei mei. Gynae joked to say that shd place my ger in her clinic, and let her predict the gender of the bb for her patient. No need to scan. Haha.

I hope it's a boy thou. Cos could then close factory already. Now in a dilemma if shd try for a 3rd one. Cost of raising kids not cheap woh.. hai~ Also thinking maybe can wait until yr of dragon to try for a 3rd one. But dunno if too old then to ve kid. haha..

sanrio,
I like Loreal True Match foundation. Think it gives good coverage. For me, I used powder after it to last for whole day.

JG
congrads, boy or girl still ur own kids.
i got a boy, but dare not try for #2 worry it's a boy then i 'beng' one already very bor eng!

smalldreams
i agreed with u PS very crowded esp wk end. just my luck, so next time i see this kind of ppl faster shiam!

sgn,
wah..you went on the wrong route at the wrong time wor... this weekend a lot of indians sure are heading down to serangoon area for last min shopping for Deepavali. That's why you ended up 'meeting' so many of them on the train...

kris,
it is more convenient for me to meet your for lunch at ikea if i'm working cos my office is just across the road. but you'll need to pick me up if you are driving cos no bus can take me out to ikea yet it's too "far" to walk.
Nowadays, if I'm on leave, i'll be at Jurong.

Re: <font color="ff0000">Lasik</font>
Mummies, i'm seriously going for Lasik but still looking around for recommendations. Have some missed feelings about Lasik Surgery Clinic at paragon cos they are very sales driven

cheezel, sanrio,
me and hubby bring only Cookie to the zoo next week. bb too troublesome to bring along.
heh, now we don't go pak tor anymore, the only place we go together is work.
I feel bad leaving the kids with the grandparents to go pak tor cos they already have been looking after them the whole day.

sanrio,
the cybershot you have is it the Touch version? hb prohibited me to buy sony cos he says they spoil easily. So yours lasted for a year only?

Sgn,
if want to have #2 better try now cos later can rest....

jeanyard
i also wanna go for lasik after i stopped bf. i have several colleagues who did theirs at the Lasik Surgery Clinic at paragon. so far so good le....never heard bad comments.

i tot u n hubby go zoo only without the kids. i also bringing javen along but not the younger one. i feel the same as u....its tiring looking after kids...not to say the whole day...so normally if i'm not working, i will bring the kids out with me instead of leaving them behind and go partor. thats also the reason why i bring them along when i go oversea for holiday. '

sgn
yeah. argree with jeanyard. if u wan #2...try now. its really very tiring waking up at night for feeding...pumping....i cant imagine havinhg to do that after a few yrs of rest....dun wan to go thru that cycle ANYMORE...hehe...

cheezel, jeanyard

I feel the same too, and I only have 1 kid now! Esp my mom is not the grandmother type - she wants her own time to do her own things &amp; to read her newspapers blah blah... and adam is sooo mischievious - I'd understand if the people at my mom's place want their rest too.

But got one time Hubby &amp; I just felt that we needed some time together so I took a day of leave &amp; just the two of us went for a movie. But I felt guilty! So we got home by about 4 plus, and by 5 we took adam out. hehe. Till now my mom still dn't know I took leave but when i got back earlier, just told her i was on some time-off... now i wonder if I'll ever have the guts to do that again....

Cheezel
hey who knows when yr boys are bigger, u might *actually*miss those moments (night feeds, newborn baby smell...). *winks*

cheezel, jeanyard, smalldreams,
this is exactly the reason why i quit to become SAHM. I cannot tahan the complaints from my mum and the black face and tactless comments from my mil. I couldn't even take leave and go pak tor on the sly with my hubby!

even now, i can't even ask my mum to just help look aft Josh for a few hours. Just this week asked her to just come back and be supervisor while i go for job intvs, she only came once. The second time she was supposed to come, she 'play truant'! Hubby had to take urgent leave to come back to jaga Josh and maid.

The last time she helped for my Beijing trip, i came back i kena so much from her. She actually scolded me to say I'm cruel to do that to Josh. grrr... really hate her sometimes you know.

so that's why Josh goes everywhere with us all the time.

Back