(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

Thanks! Not for the cot but those that is kind of a bed by itself... The sides are fixed and there is a mattress that comes with it. So changing is only for the bedsheet for the attached mattress...

Hi mummies,

Read that some of you have already bought the play yard. Does your baby like to stay in the play yard? Mine doesnt like play pen. Once put her down, then she cries...so I do not know whether by getting a play yard, will she willingly stay in there?
any comments?

SL
Hmmm....Im not very sure wer to get. bbK is slping in her cot for nw. I intend to let her slp in her play yard once she start to walk alittle. I'll juz throw in a mattress inside the play yard lor...

Janet
For me, I put bbK's toys n books inside. Sometimes when they r bored, they'll sure try to get our attention by whining n crying. I trained bbK by not carrying her everytime she cry. She very funi, after whining n no1 pay attention to her, she'll start playing her toys again...heehee... I tink play yard is beta den playpen cos its much spacious lor...
kao_smile.gif

Janet
hehe, small eyes big nose .. now bbJ oso same look :p

Btw, I bot the play yard. Tho' bbJ wun stay in there for a long long time, but at least 30min or more some times. Enuff time for me to go toilet or cook :p

SL
Welcome .. tell us more abt ur bb
happy.gif

Naqia,
Ya, not bad la. Sometimes even like 20 mins in play yard, 10min on walker etc oso gd enuff for me. 100% attention at all time is really very tiring.

naqia/cool
sigh..mine is the 100% attention kind..so tiring..but everyone including hubby thinks i hv a very good life! and my hubby is those kind who nvr even help me chg her diaper

cool d
coz he wakes up late, go to work late & comes back late. he doesn't understand how tiring it is to look after bbC. if he helps me look after her once in a while, he will juz carry her on his lap and continue to watch tv..haiz...
bbC has very low attn span somemore..hv to look on the bright side and remind myself that i'm very lucky to hv her.
happy.gif

she's now sleeping on my lap..each time i try to put her in the yaolan, she'll immediately wake up and cry..dunno why today she's like that

Thanks Mum@Work. Maybe I will try the play yard, how does yours look like? If possible, can send me pic to [email protected].

Hi Cool_daughter
I am a working mum and have a BB Girl - Ally. She is 9 months and hyperactive. She looks a lot like her dad and behaves very much like a boy. She is now on FM cum semi-solid diet and sometimes solid (cos she likes to nibble a little of my rice whenever I have dinner). She is on NAN2 and also porridge (meat & fish & veg). Have not weigh her for a while but I think she is about 9-10 kg. She wakes up about 1-2 times at night for milk. I am now trying to wean her off by giving her water unless she makes a lot of noise! Her daddy would probably think I am torturing his precious...:cool:

Btw, any mommies at East Coast area? Just wondering if there are activities for BBs that I can bring my girl for... :cool:

Cool-daughter

Hehe, I can totally imagine how you feel. Yup, 10 mins is very good already. I used to place him in the exersaucer and that really bought me some time. But now, he knows how to climb out of it already. So quite dangerous unless I do something really quickly while he's fiddling with the toys.

Wonder_baby
My hubby does help change diaper once in a while when I ask him to...hehe..and my hubby would supervise baby too when I ask him. He even takes care when I can't find an alternative caregiver if I have to work! But he doesn't dare to bathe baby yet :p

SL
Hey, sorry to say this, but I'm glad yr baby is still waking up 1 -2 times at night for milk! Hehe..coz mine still does...argh... giving water seems more work for me, so just latch lor. Wonder when I can sleep through the night too..

<blink><font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Ralph Spree</font></font></blink>
<font color="0000ff">Mummies, have sent all an emails with the updated table, please kindly go thru. If there's any mistakes, do let me know. ^_^ And do advise your collection mode.
Cheers!</font>

wonderB
actually I tink all dad shld help wif bb chores .. imagine e mama has to give birth n eventually takes care ourselves. .. It's really not a ez job leh. I hv a relative who's bb is 13 mths now. Both parents r working n they hv a maid to help take care.. e daddy dun even wan 2 carry e bb. When asked, his reply was, spend so much to employ maid still ownself hv to carry?? Hiaz .. .. shake head!!

naqia,
One of my HB's routine job is bathe e bb in e evening. Usually he will bathe first than bathe e baby together
happy.gif

SL
i know the mattress u tokin abt..my colleague gave hers to me... now bb learn how to crawl..so not useful to contain them in..

SL
I'll try to email u by tmr cos hvn't take a pics of the play yard yet...trying to finish my Scrapbook... Anyway mine is red/blue. If u hv a bumper mat, u would nit 6panels, however the set comes in 4panels only so u nit to share wif someone else, if not wad u gonna do wif the other extra 2panels?

Blueblue
I would be renting helium tanks for the balloons? u got lobang to get cheaper arh?
kao_cheers.gif

Mummiessssssssssssssss
Btw if I try to organise some of those music/movement trial class, would u gals out ter be interested? Some trial class would nit to pay alittle fee la...

Hi M@W, thanks. Btw I have signed up formally already and I am interested in the Helium tank too but my gal's BD is end May, if anyone is looking for people to share, pls let me know, cos usually such tanks come in big and quite expensive - $400. Email - [email protected], thanks.

Mum@work
If I leave my baby in the walker, she can stay there forever and dont need attention...but not too good lah...so I wish to put her in the play yard...you know like sometime can have dinner while she is in there...

your baby so cute...dont respond to her cries and she just continues playing...that is good!!

I dont mind joining the trial class. Thank you for offering to organise.

Can also email me the play yard photo and the Cheong Choon's contact? thanks. My email address: [email protected]

cool_daughter,
yes, your baby indeed looks very much like both of you...cute, cute...

Wonder baby,
my HB sometime also likes yours...put baby in walker, and he continues to watch tv, until I nag at him, then he will pay more attention to baby...
though my baby is not those that needs 100% attention, I tries to give her my 100%, so sometime, my HB said i over-protective...everything also want to do myself...so now trying to delegate abit to maid...like 5%...hee hee

SL, naqia,
My baby sleeps thru, although once in awhile she will wake up at 2or3am to play...I usually like her play on her own, but keep a look out incase she rows off the bed...but i usually wake up at 5am to feed her...i am also wondering to myself as to when should I stop waking up to feed her.
actually she doesnt cry for milk at 5am...I just wake up to feed her, as i think she will be hungry because her last meal of the day is around 9pm.

Hi morning mummies

taro
thanks

SL
welcome

Mum@work
are you organise some of those music/movement trial class? Do include me too hee. Thanks

Hurray, Baby Taka Fair starts today......

taro,

thank you
happy.gif

serene,

if u going to the taka baby fair, let me know whether is it worth going hor...
happy.gif
coz taka very crowded during weekends, hard to queue for carpark.. then weekday lunch, i already got pre-arranged appts so can't go also... hiaz... btw, taka doesnt carry Combi brand rite? any idea?

mum@work,

if u got any trial class organised, let me know too
happy.gif
thanks.... trial classes are good for my schedule coz at the moment, very hard to commit to signing up anything that requires me to ensure every week i am free to bring bb to the class.

SL,

welcome! how many balloons are u all looking at? hahahaha... i only bought less than 30 balloons...enuff or not huh? i was thinking to just ask hb and my bro etc to blow! hahahaha...

lovedogs
ya the last taka bb fair they have combi product.

i only wanted a few foil balloons cos i'm afriad of rubber type. ha ha ha. got ppl suggested to go florist n asked them to inflate for u.

SL/ Janet
Hv emailed u gals the playYard pics.

Amanda
Ter's a BP gg on nw for bumpermat. If not u oso can get frm Cheong Choon.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1279584.html?1204775748
BUMPER PLAYMAT is perfect for every household with babies and young children. It gives a designated baby-zone,
for playing, eating, changing, learning, and exercise, and gives us parents the opportunity to enjoy more time with our children whilst they grow and developed.
"fence" doesnt come wif it.

Here's a pics of mine....Mine both side got design. Some only 1side got design.
kao_smile.gif
1284102.jpg

Amanda
The play yard comes in a set of 4pcs, so u hv to share wif someone else if not u'll be stuck wif additional 2panels...So its either u chose 2doors or 2activity panels. 1set is $110 + half set is $55, but someone earlier mentioned tat Cheong Choon price went up lei so not sure nw. Mine is abt a mths old. U can call them up to put ur name juz incase someone wanna share lor...
kao_smile.gif

Amanda
Mine is 1900*1300mm(dimension),11mm(thickness) n 6panels fits juz nice. I tink if u buy a bigger dimension mat, the playyard u juz put it on top of the mat lor...
kao_smile.gif

Mum@work
I also have no lobang. I thought either share with one mummy cos one tank can blow quite a no. of balloons. I haven found any yet. I think on the web, can find a few le.

Taro
Muck...thanks
happy.gif

Lovedogs
Babyfair
I just went during lunch, surprisingly not crowded. And it's almost the same as last year. Got combi products.
happy.gif
Bought some pigeons clothes, cleansers, avent magic cream...

Blueblue

fun to do some shopping over lunchtime right?
happy.gif

Amanda &amp; Mum@work
Playards seem like a good idea, it "traps" babies in a safe place while we do stuff. however, i seriously have no space for such a big playard! Then after baby has outgrown it, i wonder where to keep the playard...

Blueblue
Those shops in Concourse, I've asked b4. Big helium tank can blow up till 100balloons. Some of the shops ter nit deposit, some don nit. Big tank is abt $80-$100. When ur bb's bday? Cos I'll be renting as I've abt 250 over balloons. BB fair got combi products arh....maybe I'll go down to look look see see...

Nagia
Agreed, playards is bulky when u wanna keep. If bb outgrown liao den sell lor...tats wad I intend to do.
kao_smile.gif

I have the problem of space too. Unless i shift the orientation of the furniture in the living room. i hope that the play yard can encourage him to hold and stand on his own....

Icemilo
looks like he got partner liao...heehe...my gal hates porridge n all stuff!! She only likes cheese...she oso like 'ah neh', like me to feed her wif my fingers!!!

Amanda
the playard really encourage them to stand alot.
kao_smile.gif

icemilo

same!! Hehe but u noe when i make the porridge tasty by adding a little salt, or adding more meat for flavour, he eats it all up.

I'm so thrilled coz this afternoon i made him porridge with beans and fish, he ate them all up. Yeah!
happy.gif

nagia
Hmmm... u gave salt arh? For me, I grind ikan billis to powder form n add to porridge.

wonderbaby
I gave her the laughing cow, party cubes but muz gave the plain de... if not too salty. Hahaha.... 'ah neh' is indian.
kao_smile.gif

m@w

yah i know salt is bad for babies..but i add just a little bit..for taste. sometimes i put ikan bilis too..but actually isn't that sodium too? :p

hi mummies...
jus wanna to share with u my findings:

helium tank updates:
find out more:
** balloon size = 11" latex balloon

@concourse
S$50 for small tank = 50 balloons
S$100 for big tank = 100 balloons
dep. S$200.
self-collection.
return within 3 days.

@Ubi
$50 for 50 balloons
self-collection
3 days in advance to order
S$200 dep.
returned within 1 month (mummies can share if is nearby each other)

@Sengkang
S$70 for 80 balloons
self-collection
3 days in advance to order.
returned within 1 wk (Sengkang, mummies can share this too

Bukit Batok:
S$60 for 80 to 100 of 12" balloons
3 days advance booking
return within 3 days.

hahaha! wat m i doing?
ganna helium "poison" wahahahahahahaha!

i've posted in April thread in mid Feb.

additional info:
inflate svc
WHite sand shop charging S$1.50 per 18" foil balloon.

tampines indutrial park: S$1.50 per 18" foil balloon.

sengkang:
S$2 per 18" foil balloon

Back