(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

sgn/zhu zhu
hope ur babies get well soon

re: cheese
any mummies feeding babies with cheese yet? what brand do we buy?

re: straw cup
was thinking of getting a mag mag with the straw kind for bbC. is it good? how do we wash the straw part?

sgn,
I thought all bbs already vaccinated against German measles? poor baby. try to keep him cool. you have water cushion or not? I find it much helpful cos Cookie doesn't like the wet towel or anything on his forehead but he will sleep on water cushion at night if feverish.

naqia,
paper sticker should be ok ba. unless it's plastic type? must really eye them 24hr.
did I tell you my FIL dropped a pair of super sharp (and hooked) end scissors into his playpen and we didn't know until I thought I saw a key chain inside? my heart missed a beat man.

wonderbaby,
my cher reject teat, sprout, straw at tis moment. got to spoonfeed her water. i jus let her 'play' w her magmag n hopefully 1 day she wld 'like' to drk fr straw/cup. u can buy a 'straw brush' fr pigeon to wash d straw.

jeanyard,
vaccination agst measles (MMR: mump , measles, rubella) is at 15mth.

sanrio,
we had fun. think Ash is so much well behaved than my nephew but you gotta feed him more greens.
read somewhere you can make pizzas or omelettes with mashed veggies and they'll ask for more.

naqia
heng ur bb's digestive system is good.

wonder baby
tks ky better ler, fever went down but rashes still there.

jeanyard,
i found a pin inside bb's pillow, while changing the case. mil must have miss it while sewing the pillow!

Hope all the babies are chirpy and happy!

Anyone interested to go for GUG trial at United Square? I missed the Apr's thread trial but very interested to go for one. Think it's $45 but must give me time to call and enquire ba. Me busy taking over my colleagues duties as she's resigning so 1 man do 2 man's job! Sigh
sad.gif

GUG Trial at United Square $45
1. Taro

April thread has 2 class and I managed to get 1 seat in it. In case you girls interested, will have to form another class ba. Internal mailing lor. kekeke

Well, how's the birthday party planning coming along? Chalets booked? Birthday cake design in mind?

Hi,

just wondering has anyone tried cooking lentils? If so, where to find it? I searched high and low for it in Giant and fairprice but cannot find...

cool daughter,

thanks for the url... looks good... anyone joining the trial session?

knottsy,

me also nvr see before in our supermarkets leh...

lovedogs,
April thread also organising trials & already 20+ mummies signed up. If you are interested, can pop by to see. I also tink it seems very gd, probably that's why it's so ex also
happy.gif

knottsy,

yes, i also read it in the first foods book.. but hor, i nvr heard of it and see it before :p i recall sanrio mentioned she made lentil porridge before? perhaps can ask sanrio.

cool daughter,

u signing up? i dunno people from april thread leh.... perhaps may thread if got many interested, we can organise one too...

lovedogs,
Yeah, i signed up the apr thread trial oredi. Taro too. There are some other familar names
happy.gif
I juz chk, there are 28 mummies oredi .. some on waitlist. U want to go & take a look?

knottsy,
lentils: can get at organic shop. previously cooked for my boy, hvnt tried for cher. soak lentils (not too much) n brown rice grain overnite. dump evytg into slow cooker d next day. other ingredients like meat, vege etc, u can add accrding to ur preference. i dun noe whether lentils taste 'nice' cos my boy was not fussy. as for cher, i may grind it shd i cook this for her.

zhuzhu

actually it's all my fault lah.. the sticker was something his toddler cousins were playing with & i put it on his hand for a while to distract him. one moment later, it's gone and it's in his mouth! Gosh..so careless of me..

U noe my friend said she previously saw some papers with clear wordings still intact some more in her baby girl's soiled diapers! The girl is now close to 3 yrs old... aiyohhh..things babies put in their mouth... really gota be careful.

sanrio
lentils can also be found in the wet markets right? It's very popular esp with Indian cooking. I really admire you mummies who have the patience & time to cook such nutritious meals for babies. For me, my baby's porridge are really simple - just chopped carrots, broccoli, throw some chicken or fish in, and just boil them till become porridge in about 1 hr or so... such lazy mummy I am!

Personally I think lentils r yummy & they add taste to porridge. I've tasted porridge which my aunt made for her 11 mth old baby using lentils, and it's quite nice
happy.gif

naqia
ya man..now everything bb can get on their hands goes into their mouth also..

sgn
Markus rashes also gone liao..but he got a bit of stuffy nose..think i pass the flu to him

Can find lentils in NTUC? I oso very keen to find out how does lentils look like?

zhuzhu,
later i wld pop by my place organic shop. if i manage to buy lentils, wld take a pic okie :p

naqia,
nowady i m lazier w no. 2 :p my boy was easier so i more excited to cook for him wen he was a bb. as for cher, she basically like 5 grain porridge, beef, vege (most ok). i tried cooking white porridge or evytg 'dump' into slow cooker type, she dun fancy tat much. but i read tat lentils is very nutritious. oops... i seldom go wet mkt. my hb or mum wld help me buy (i write my list). else i wld go organic shop near my hse or cold storage.

cool daughter,

thanks.. but as u said, the classes organised in april thread are already full... let us know how it goes after u attended the session
happy.gif

sanrio,

how is ash doing? his procedure scheduled already?

zhuzhu, sgn,

ur babies having rashes? what happened? ok liao?

Re : THROWING EVERYTHING

is this happening to your babies too?

Naqia/ Sanrio/ Lovedogs
Me generally dump everything in slow cooker to cook...actually although nutrients maybe lesser, but I find porridge got more taste like that...anyway, I am not boiling at high temperature the ingredients, just slow cooking...so maybe the nutrients won't be "killed" so much? :p

Sanrio
I also interested to know how lentils look like ...heheh...heard about it but dunnoe how to ask aunty in wet market whether have or not...

lovedogs,
ok .. I will let u know abt GUG.

Btw, bbJ likes to throw too .. but I am trying to teach him not to. Sometimes, everything fm his cot ends up on e floor after my bath :p

lentil
wat is lentil call in chinese?

lovedogs
bbC loves to throw things too! and she is very bad tempered. my mum was commenting that she is very 'chuan' taking care of her alone compared to taking care of me and my 2 sis

cool daughter, wonder baby,

yah loh same same... she will throw everything inside her cot. she will throw pacifier, bolster, basically anything lah... warrao... headache.. sometimes, worried neighbours downstairs complain.

cool daughter,

wow, u can leave ur bb alone in the cot while u take your shower?

wonderbaby,

i am also worried that my bb will become a bad tempered gal. coz she is showing it now. if she can't get the thigns she wants or we take something away from her, she will throw temper liao... *worried*

Zhuzhu
i think ky also having some throat discomfort cos he cough 3-4 times yesterday.

lovedogs
our bb had fake measles last wk, high fever n rashes.

my boy also throw everything from his high chair esp when he eating.

sanrio,
want to ask u what's the colour of the lentils u bought? I saw at ntuc organic section is either orange and green types but dun have the yellow colour one...so dunno which one to buy?

cool_daughter,

think lentils is call 扁豆?

lovedogs

hehe don't worry it's normal if baby throws things on the floor. When i went to a weaning talk in amk poly, the nurse said it's a way of baby discovering he/she can pick up and throw things on the floor! It's like a game :p Though not so much of a game for parents & caregivers lah ehhe...

Springdance
I'm like you too...just cook porridge over slow fire. I didn't even invest in a slow cooker... :S Anyway I don't think much nutrients would be lost, coz we use the lid to close the pot, so all the nutrients "should" be trapped inside :p hehe pardon my silly science!

Sanrio
well at least you still cook for cher, so that's good enuf!

Knottsy, if it's in indian, i think lentils are called "Dhal".

lovedogs
markus oso bad tempered..when we dun let him crawl..he will cry..so far for throwing..okie lar..

So happy..now Markus know how to clap hands and also get down from our bed...

Hi Mummies
Long time never logon, hope all mummies and bbs are well.

Sgn
Faith had fake measles a few mths ago too. Is Darren ok now?

Lovedogs
Faith oso throws everything from high chair. If I take anything from her without her waving bye-bye to it, she will throw temper but with proper farewell, she is fine. Maybe U can try.

Taro
I've signed up for the trial sometime ago, almost forgotten to arrange date with them. Will ask if we can join your class.

Sanrio
Have U found the Combi straw mug? KP has it.

<font color="ff0000"><blink><font size="+1">Ralph Spree</font></blink></font>
Mummies, all orders has been placed. Sorry, will try to update the spreadsheet ASAP.
happy.gif

knottsy, buy the orange lentils, easier to digest.

Dear Mummies,
My boy's Thermo Foogo flash is filled to the brim for his one meal. Want to ask how do I bring more food when going out next time? What capacity is your thermos container for bringing out porridge?

sgn, zhuzhu,

glad to know that bbD and Markus have recovered from their fever and rashes. I heard it is quite common for them to develop rashes after high fever.

zhuzhu,

markus is so smart! knowing how to clap hands &amp; getting down of your bed.
happy.gif

ambery,

hhmm..u mean to wave byebye to the toy? I will try but i doubt it will work on tess as she is very stubborn. they are getting very veyr strong now when they struggle too...

naqia,

i also do not use slow cooker to make the porridge. Bought a slow cooker but in the end waste money as only used once
happy.gif
i used the stove to cook porridge.. very fast, less than 10mins cooked liao coz i grind the rice grain to smaller pieces.

knottsy,
tat tx i bought fr organic shop is d green ones. tink got orange oso. i mus go check it out agn. cos i remb got few colours n d organic shop has 1 pkt tat has mixed lentils in it.

lovedogs,
wen tess is older n u nid not grind, u can use d slow cooker. vege u can add last to preserve d nutrients.

ms tan,
i hvnt gone to KP. she rejects teat, sprout, straw. so tis moment only spoonfeed. hopefully she can drk fr cup soon.

Naqia
Heheh…that’s a cute assumption….actually I was thinking that the nutrients are captured not becoz of the lid but rather, the juices of the meat &amp; vege dissolve into the porridge…so by finishing up the porridge, the ‘nutrients’ will still go into the baby? :p LOLZZZ

Zhuzhu / Lovedogs
Jonas also bad tempered &amp; stubborn….if we dun let him have the things he wan, he will start screaming and shouting….Sometimes even kick his legs around wildly! Very bad behavior isn’t it?

Oh ya, he loves pulling the wires of electrical items…if we pull him away, he will still crawl back towards the direction to pull again…got once his dad slap him on his hand &amp; thigh for doing it…then he started crying but still attempt to try to reach out his hand to pull the wire! Totally stubborn!

Ms Tan
So long never see in the forum...must be busy with alot of activities with Faith? How is the planning for Faith's birthday celebration coming along? Decided the venue &amp; caterer yet?

lovedogs
Yes, wave bye-bye to everything she shldn't be playing with or when it's time to release her grip... e.g. paper, pen, cable, bath toys, pacifier etc.

Sanrio
Your Xiaojie will drink from cup soon, now I'm feeding Faith less solid and water so that she will drink at least 450ml of milk. I tried cooking Pearl grains in the the ugly Tiger jug overnite, very nua.

How to stop bb from biting pple esp me? Tell her NO firmly, she doesn't understand.

SpringD
Busy with day-to-day activities, really very tiring. Aiyoh, tok abt her party... I am very sian after discovering Pooh is a gay - Big pregnant male bear with a girl's name, deep-voice and can't spell Honey correctly. Now very fan, dunno what theme to choose. Venue and caterer already decided.

Zhu
Markus is so smart
happy.gif
Next time U don't have to worry abt him falling off bed le.

ambery
do u say bye bye too when u wave?

bbc's milk intake already very little. only 15 oz a day..now even lesser, abt 10-12 oz only..she doesnt wan to finish her milk

Ms Tan
dat time Markus fall from the bed..then my colleague told me must teach him the proper way to get down..I tried a few times..but he like still duno..then who knows just last wkend..he suddenly decided to wriggle his butt down the bed..soo happy..finally wat i taught had get into his little head..

Ambery
hi hi long time no see, tks, my boy had recovered. takes 1 wk to get well.

hey my boy also a bit slow in bye bye, everytime ask him to wave he will stare blankly then after we moved on then he starts to wave his hand.

zhuzhu
huh markus is a very fast learner.
my KY still can't stand well. where other bb already learn how to stand.

ris
ur thermos is it 290mls? i bought 2 as i find it easy to bring out and not too heavy for me.
usu only bring 1 meal so 3/4 to 1/2 full is enough for KY's 1 meal.

Lovedogs
i dun know how to cook with stove ley even MIL cook the porridge till burned so we find it easy to use slow cooker.
1st thing in the morning is to to put the rice to the cooker n by 10.30-11am the porridge is cook.

Hi Lovedogs n Mummies
tks for asking abt my boy. surgery is scheduled on 25 feb but we notice this week, d swell (water retention) seems to hv become smaller. even his cc teacher noticed tat. she tot we gave him some medicine. d paed surgeon said we cld postpone d surgery to march n c how. hopefully d water retention wld go off on its own. by right, it shd go off wen a boy reaches 2 years old else surgery is req'd to drain d water. n ash is already coming 4 this year. really hope he wont nid d surgery at all...

Back