(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

piyo,

saw that megan got the Shichida Memory Board as one of her pressie. Justin's Daddy bought it long time ago when he attended the seminar but Justin is still too young to use leh. Do u intend to let Megan play with that already?

Anyway, did Megan's sensei tell u that for the 65 day dots pgm, we can switch to variety dots instead of repeating the same cycle? Justin's ex sensei just told me when we met outside his class on Sat. Anyway, i have yet to finish his first cycle leh....moving very slowly.

Hi babyboy and leia,
I found out delihub is neo garden's while reading some posts in this forum.Then another occasion when I called them up, the receptionist said "neo garden" then changed to "delihub" so cfm!

HI augustmum,
you finally appeared! ya very familiar cos I like the design but I modified a bit with the PM figurine:p

ya just last week, I was worring about pre-nursery when my friend told me some schools' nursery for 2006 babies (i.e. admission in 2010) is open for registration.. I fainted...

Erin and you are in this line right? can you tell me what's the dif between nursery and K1 and K2 classes in childcare versus these in kindergartens? cos I read from MOE website that classes under kindergartens are more controlled in terms of teachers, curriculum down to GFA while those in childcare are not. am confused! can enlighten?

hi Erin,
nice hah the food? good at least guests like you enjoyed the food and little guests , our babies enjoyed the toys! It was a last min decision to rent the boat ball pit.. hehe I think kids >18mths would enjoy it very much!

hi cocomo,
ok lah! let me go on my long leave tomorrow then send from home to you ok.. not to forget augbb's photos as well..

Hi racoon,
wa, your eyes so sharp! I dun think megan would use that and the photographic memory board(it's the small purple box next to the car on the floor as megan knocked it down) so soon...actually her godma got them for her saying will come in good use later.. think got to keep it aside for awhile..yes! sensai told us not to start variety dot cards till the 3rd and 4th cycle.. 1st and 2nd cycle stick to red dots...finish 1 cycle stop for 3 weeks then start next cycle. I completed cycle1 with megan but recently very lazy, stop for the dot cards also stop for the rest of the flashcards!lazy mummy...megan has not been seeing cards since last week... actually I am running out of cards also lah ehhe, you leh?

Hi Jesline

Poor Jia Hui. Hope she is ok. sayang her for me.... Really don't understand them.fall liao can still do the same thing. Fall once still not scare at all.

HI, Crisann

ya lor... not scare one lei.... after her fall she tried that again so i beat her left leg & she put her left leg down & tried her right leg instead...beat again, tried left leg again.... cannot tahan ...

piyo,

Justin also getting too fidgety to see my flashcards so I stopped for awhile and only reintroduced this morning, and it seems better cos it fresh to him again. But i also run out of cards. The cards I ordered from the Help Me TTC is delayed and only reading cards delivered. Problem is the qlty of the cards not very good, very flimsy. Sigh, I just can't seem to get good cards. Maybe try and get some new cheap cheap pic cards from popular again.

Justin doesn't seem to like the random dots leh, always look away, maybe its boring lah, just dots only. But he pays attention to the chinese ones.

Hi piyo,
I'm not too sure myself too. when u refer to kindergartens, are u talking about PCF (the ones with the PAP logo)?

went for a course a couple of yrs back and it was mentioned that all kindergartens (including PCF) are all pte. I had the thinking that PCF was government prior to that. All PCFs and kindergartens have the right to choose their curriculum and the approach.

Guess the difference arises as some of the childcare centres have their own philosophy in the pedagogy used such as the Montessori Approach, etc. The teaching approach at PCF are generally moving to hands-on learning and are more focused on oral skills. But when I went to observe a couple of PCFs, I realised that the teaching also vary at each PCF.

Think MOE did set guidelines about the required teacher-pupil ratio but as pte kindergartens charge more, they are able to employ more teachers, thus able to have a lower pupil-teacher ration compared to PCF.

All these are based on what I recalled from the course last time. Not sure if they have changed. Hope it helps.

piyo,
oh shiok leh...u going on leave on wed to friday ah...wed celebrate megan bday....nice nice...anyway on nursery etc, i was more of thinking like playschool for now coz is our bb too young to go for preschool or K1 or whatever? i am blur..not sure too..was thinking of something like a short 2hr session for him to interact wif bb his age..not sure if there is sure a thing available...maybe erin or augustmum can advise us...
happy.gif

hi augbaby,
i thought of signing him up for playgroup (there's one at my void deck). 2 hrs everyday, Mon to Fri. But not sure if it's good. Now, am checking out Elfa educational group (Under Crestar, which is rather reputable) at Tampines central CC but the playgroup is 4hrs daily. Am still considering lor cos the hours are pretty long.

hi cocomo,
ya la, coz bb is more sticky to us, of coz the daddies can talk so much.. their arms wont ache after the long days like ours.. =(

Shervonn is 9kg plus now, how heavy is Jay now?

mommies,

anyone getting anything from kidzloft??

Piyo,
V pretty cake and deco. U oso ordering from Delihub? Me too n my guest commented nice (almost everyone except my sil commented their chicken rendang is not good
happy.gif
)
Wow ... now u oredy aim for nursery registration? Me in midst of pri 1 fever for my ds next year. Most probably DD will go to her gor gor current childcare.

erin,
how do u go abt searching for palygroup ah? where and how to search ah...haha...i dunno where to start at all...terrible...guess maybe both jay n kayden might go to the same class since we r staying rather near to each other...
happy.gif

augbb, erin and cecelia,
me searching for playgroups too but along the way was reading up on nursery and kindy as well.. I dun wan long hours maybe 2 hrs would be good for playgroups and preferably both parents can go in types...then thinking for them to go on daily basis after 18mths a bit siong... thinking either 1x, 2x or 3x a week.. me thinking about going for weekend playgroups 1x like the bilingual playclub in JG or some montessori schools... confused...

cecelia,
i was shocked when I called up one sch and found that pre-nursery classes for 2006 babies (2009) admission is fully booked lei and got >50 on wiating list... I fainted so I tot better looked at nursery as well...else I won't bother.

Which pri school you sending your DS to?

Thanks! ya i ordered from delihub with my dad's recommendation and I trust his taste for food hehe.. I ordered the curry chicken and heard it's good.. rendang chicken good too? next time will try!

racoon,
oh those cards from TTC still not ready? quite long liao leh... I din order from them cos a bit skeptical... I planning to order from mylittleones... I think their cards are better... but never got to it yet... megan also fidgety during flashcards and I think cos the cards are quite old so I kept them away no flash for awhile then the birthday fever took over haha

hey, word cards dun buy lah waste $$$, buy blank cards write yourselves! we only need to get picture cards!

Jesline,
haf you gotten the cards from pelangi so far? how you find it? are they only picture on 1 side? or got words? paper quality how?

erin,
any other playgroups that come with good review?

augbb,
i go long leave cos tomolo megan's birthday, 16th my hubby going for knee operation, so tot better stay at home look after old baby and young baby... not for leisure lei

piyo,
oh icic...how come yr hubby need to go for knee operation leh? nothing serious ba...heee hee...ya think u need to be there to look after yr old baby and can also spend time with yr young baby...haha...so cute...

piyo, hope the op goes well and take good care of your old n young babies hor! =P

playgroup, usually they are for 18mth and older, rite?

augbb and leobbsmum,
it's an old sports injury, quite a major ops after listening to the technical details on ACL and PCL and cartiledge etc etc.. well, at least I know he has to be on clutches for awhile so... pray everything goes well..

playgroup is for >18mths to 3yrs old I think. I am thinking of putting megan's name down for waitlist for JG bilingual playclub... dunno got trial not, my friend going down to ask later... c how..

Hi jesline,
Thanks hor!take some pics and show me can? gam sia!

Hi Piyo

Oh.... hope he get well soon. My hubby had a major knee operation before. Have to really take care after that. If not after that will have pain here and there.

Hi crisann,
Looking at your hubby's physique, I think your hubby and mine both very outdoor kind. What did he do to his knee? can heal fast? did he go for physio after that? does it help?

piyo,

JG playgroup is only weekday. I've considered b4 but weekday no one to bring Justin there. So i think I'll consider those in Sengkang whe its time for Justin to enrol, actually looking at the Punggol Montessori beside St Anne Church. I like Montessori teaching mtd ever since I've attended their phonics and phonetics course 2 yrs back. Haha, i managed to get 2 certs out of 4 cos i skip class for 2 of the courses...if not I can actually teach the enrichment class liao...heheheh.....joking lah, as if i can still remember what i was taught.

One of my classmates at the course told me that its better to send ur child to childcare when they are toilet trained leh so its less messy, not sure how true.

Hi Piyo

Yes u are right but he injure during work. It takes time to heal leh. Had to control e diet not to put on so much weight if not the leg can't take it. And my hubby had stopped all those cold drink as well. Only take once in a while. I don't know whether he went for physio as i happen many yrs bk before i know him. Hehehe. But I can help u check with him.

erin,
i found the website for the JWT Gym, similiar to MY Gym that is near katong mall area...here is the website..They also hav a playgroup leh..juz nice for our babies...either 1x or 2x a wk and each time its 1.5hr and $40 per session..they will teach things like nursery ryhmes and there is snack time and it a global scope..seems interesting leh...they also hav a gym trial class but that is rather exp...trial class is $39 for 45min leh...n if sign up for 8wks one its $288...anyway i am interested in the playgroup and hence i got the person to give me a call back...but only bad thing is location lor..rather far leh from my home...

http://www.jwtkids-singapore.com/index.html

piyo,
r u getting the gap shoes from ethel whom she posted here? i be getting the brown one for jay so if u wanna get too for megan i can help you pick them up lor...she mentioned shoes are with her and can pick up anytime...

Hi, piyo & crisann

my hubby also went for knee cap day surgery a few yrs back.... got it during his NS days.... after so many yrs, he cannot run too much if not the pain will come back lor...

for my hubby, dont need any physio .. discharged on the same day but will need to be on cluthes for a few days lor.. after than can jump abt already

Piyo,

Ya, I'm in the same line as Erin. However, I'm only expert in pri. edu not preschools
happy.gif

Anyway, I think the curriculum in every kindergartens and childcare centers differ. Cannot compare. must go and see it yourself.

Mummies,

re: playgroups

As for playgroups, they are short sessions in which toddlers play, listen to stories and dance/ sing to music. Some offer phonics, cookery and art. Must do research.

At my old place, there's an Apple Tree right at my void deck but dare not send Noah there cos the teacher was so boring (hee... I spied) in her storytelling and the class very messy.

Do your homework carefully. Hubby always said would rather pay more for a good one than a losy one as it is harder to undo damages.

Jesline,
Poor JH fall again. Its very common and they are so fast we cant react fast AND they can just hands off and turn without signal. Not to worry she will learn faster okie! Sayang sayang.

Piyo,
Knee operation? I heard from older ppl say buy wat 'Pig vein' to cook and eat will help to strength their knee if not when older easily et "Guan Jie Yan". Meanime U must control him not to drink too much COLD stuffs... I too aunty again! Do take care and bless him for me. Believe Megan will be curious with daddy crutches.. SHe will be good cos she will know yeah. Take care okie.

SCHOOL
------
Wow seems everyone is excited looking for playgroup or even 18mths later nursery etc.. I seen My GYM online, they seem to offer programs from 10mths above. Has anyone try My GYM? Can feedback?
How about any other school from 1yr onwards? Have not send Natalie for any yet and trying to look for location in West or North or Central.. East too far... PLS HELPPPPPP!!!

Cynthia,

Yeap, I've tried My Gym with my No 1 but not No 2 yet, as waiting for him to walk. I quite like the activities. My Noah loved it.

Think if we enrol Zac in it, must also enrol Noah. $$$$ fly away liao...

augbaby - r u planning to go kidzloft soon this mth? my ger is coming 15 mths old soon...we went there to buy stuff when she was 1 year old too...do u mind if i tag along wif u when u r going cos i need to get a potty for her?...they hv it on discount there...thanks...

piyo,

your hubby can take glucosamine or eat the collagen from the fish. it's gel-like, slippery piece of flash.

can ask your mom, she shld know.

my knee also hurt after i gave birth, maybe i used to jog too much at the gym b4 i was pregant, or i put on too much weight?!?!?! hahaha!!
i took the liquid form of glucosamine coz it's more effective! can get from GNC, sometimes they hv sale, and can hv very good offer.

augBB, wat are u planning to get from kidzloft?

amy,
thanks for the link!!

Cheri,
i am not sure yet if we r going..
happy.gif

leobbsmom,
i dun noe if i am getting anything lah..haha..juz go in and surf...

crisann,
do u need me to collect for u then? but need to find someplace to meet u to pass to u..most likely i will be either going to her hm to collect coz in the east or go to parkway area to collect...
happy.gif
i bought brown for jay...
happy.gif

Din see anything i wan from kidzloft...so not getting anything fm there..heehee..save $$

Hi Augbaby

Is okie. Thks. Will ask my hubby to collect from her when he is around that area.

Hi Piyo

I can help u to collect as well than pass to u on Sat. But u have to let me know fast as hubby might be going to collect tmr.

Hi augbb and crisann,
Have you ordered with EP? I did not receive anything from her. What size are you ordering? red no more liao ah? If ok, Crisann, can you pick up for me?

Crisann, Jesline and Cyn
yes, will be getting glucosamine for him to eat. Think will help in healing. The doc also mentioned that need to work on the leg more instead of resting on bed cos moving ard will help to heal faster.

Hi Augustmum, Augbb, Kelly, Erin, Racoon and Cyn,
agree! so now must do research! I called up Lorna Whiston and nearly fainted at the fees
sad.gif

To those staying in the East, I heard NAFA arts school not bad..but I dun stay ard there so din go and see..

Eh, is My Gym and JWT considered playgroup? Have you all considered Go go Bambino? cheap and good I heard!

Augustmum,
what is your feedback on Julia Gabriel classes? You got any recommendations for playgroups/pre-nursery/nursery? Nanyang pre-nursery fully booked liao.. I fainted.

racoon,
Are you aware of the bilingual playclub for 18-36mths that are held once a week on weekends by JG? It's similar to those weekday classes, only this is weekend for kids with parents who are working. Got waiting list lei.. must put name down to q. heard it's not bad... I am looking at the Evans Rd outlet cos got betetr reviews on that.

What's the dif between MMI and Montessori? recently so many Monte till I wonder which is "real"??

Our common friend, Leeuwin's mum haf been researching ard and told me she going to sms you soon hahaa... you stayed in Ponggol? she wil be very disappointed cos she wanna asked you to let justin attend same class with her boy... hehe

Jeslin,

Zac's not in MyGym yet. Waiting for him to walk. What did Noah learn in MyGym? Nothing. Only play and climb and dance and run...

Haha... he was one of those who always moved away from the group during circle time and go jalan jalan at the play area himself. However, his motor skills very good now, dunno if it's due to MyGym. Also, got feedback that he's confident.

Piyo,

I heard gd reviews of JG Evans too. However, what's good to one may not be good to another. Got to let yr child try out. Sometimes, it depends on yr child's personality.

My colleagues and I once formed a group and sent our kids for Zoophonics holiday prog. We all luv it but think it's more 2 yrs and above.

Noah has kindermusik @ his childcare. He loves it and I like the resource package for parents. Can continue to play, dance and sing with him at home using the info. given. You may want Megan to try it if she's into music.

Now, I'm waiting for the Act3 prog to start in his school.
happy.gif

Ya, preschool edu is very expensive. Could be as expensive as tertiary edu. That's why must save and scrimp...

piyo,

MMI is short form for Modern Montessori International, so its the same thing. Yeap, i'm trying to convince hubby to let justin try the JG at Evans Rd, he's not into those speech and drama classes. He wants to sign Justin up for those gym classes instead. Will see how lah, now just stick to Shichida first.

Tell Leeuwin's mummy i missed her so much, miss having someone to talk to. Justin's new classmates's mummy are quieter. Do u mean she want Justin to attend same class with Leeuwin at Shichida or some other playgroup? I stay at Sengkang.

Hi Piyo

Yes had order size 5 pink colour. Cos size 5 red is out of stock. Find red quite nice. Sure no problem to pick up for u but hv to let me know by today in case hubby going tomorrow. What size u want? I can help u drop a email to her. Or give me yr email add send the email to u. Btw don't buy glucosamine 1st. Think hospital will give and is cheaper to buy from there.

What seem like so many pre-nursery full liao and all u mummies so fast leh had checked it out. Me hvnt even do e homework on that. For me will need to choose i really near my mum's place if not quite hard for her.

Hi Augustmum,
which childcare is Noah in? any reason y you are putting Noah to Childcare since you are not working? His childcare seems to haf alot of prog? How much are you paying?

HI racoon,
but MMI and other montossori are not the same?or they differ in all schools?

She wanted you to join her in other playgroups haha...

Hi Crisann,
Think I gif it a pass cos I wanna haf red in that size too
sad.gif
thanks again..

hospital glucosamine good?

I din chk out the nurseries purposely..friends call me and tell me fainted... happen to tread on them unintentionally cos was searching ard for playgroups...

btw, some preschools got school-bus

Back