(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

wah.. quiet for 2.5 hours liao.

lok, may - ya.. so sobsob when cannot be there to witness bb's milestones. think no choice but to let my maid feed the fruits in the day time i guess. hope she's diligent bout it too.. cos actually, even if day time got something happen.. no one to fetch also leh..

sometimes dunno if maid is really playing with my girl anot also.. juz have to trust n hope she does. sometimes suspect she doesn't cos she always tell me that kristen sleep very little during the day.. like 1 hr or half hr in the morning n afternoon. but during the weekends when we're at my mum's... she always sleeps quite alot during the day n nite (2 - 3 hrs type of naps). my hb attributes it to kristen having me around so she can suckle to sleep.. i attribute it to we all really going all out to play n entertain her n bring her for walks, hence she's more tired. hai. also hope the maid puts on the hearing aid all the time for her.. sigh. it can be very troublesome to do so, even i feel that way sometimes. everytime i think about this, very tempted to juz be sahm. so worried that maid not following through what the speech therapist taught us. only problem is, then we would be leeching off our parents.. sigh. $$ or bb's development?

YB, i bought the maple biscuits HT brand ones already for next Saturday's gathering. hehe. 2 boxes hopefully enough bah.. I'm still about 80% goin unless anything crops up.


Uhoh.. I forgot.. which mummy here has a jumperoo ah? I tempted to go test-test cos my girl very she's very excited she'll jumpjumpjump when we're holding her in the standing position. Think she might like it...
 


Hi Yenny,
Heard that Mamil Gold Nite formula already discontinued in the market cos its not a popular formula. I also heard that it help babies to sleep thru but i cant find this formula at any of the supermarket or medical hall.

YB, for porridge, maybe u want to try to put in one piece of pork (those "Yao" part) to make the stock then once the porridge is cook, throw the pork away. I usually do that and my gal love the porridge. I tasted it myself and the porridge is sweet. I also blend the porridge using a blender to make it like puree so that my gal can swallow better. maybe you can try and blend your porridge to make it finer and maybe your girl may like it?
 
Hi Mezzol,
So u just put the pork into the porridge to cook without adding any other food? I.e. veg? carrot? I cook till very watery leh, but my gal still dun like it.
 
Mezzo17
I desperate already. Very tempted to buy and try. My son's appetite very big at nite. Nowadays, he drinks once at 11pm, 3am and 6am and this is in addition to 1 meal of porridge and 1 meal of brown rice cereal. Wah, very siong. But I went to dumex website, it is still featured leh. Must try to find it in the supermarkets.
 
yenny, mezzo
y the market stopped carrying the products? even tv ad also dun show anymore leh...have u all wonder y the milk powder can make bb sleep thru the nites? not questioning u hor...i am just wondering how come the nite formula can make bb sleep thru...issit got something added in?
 
YB,
I put the pork into the porridge to make the porridge sweet. In addition, i steam one Ngor fish and veggie (either one portion of brocooli, potatoe, sweet potato or pumkin). then after the fish and veggie is ready i will add them into the porridge then blend them into puree.

Yenny,
maybe can call dumex hotline to check if they still carry mamil gold nite. I gave up looking for it so didnt continue searching for this formula
 
Disii,
I ever wondered wat so special about the milk powder also but there was a time i quite tired of waking up several times at nite and went to search for this formula but since cant find it so stop searching for it liao.
 
Hi Mezzol,
Tat's a lot of work leh! Somemore bb eat very little. U share the porridge wif ur bb? I hate eating porride, so if I cook, it's only for my gal.

Dumex FM,
I heard the clinic nurse said she also let her kids drink mamil gold nite. I remembered she said the FM contains camomile to calm the bb during bedtime.
 
Hi Mezzol,

I thought bb can't take any meat at the moment? hehe i havent start cait on porridge yet just cereal n peas for this week. so far she is enjoying her meal. i think i will start on porridge with veg soon... let her try it out.
my mum got my ger a walker at her place and cait absolutely loves it. my gosh... we got her 3 walkers in 3 different homes. haha spoilt child!
 
YB - Yes, Emerson drinks FM with brown rice eacg meal, that's because he wont liek to drink plain FM alone... and also I scare he wont be full coz he only drinks 90ml-120ml and can take hima nother 4 hrs before he gets hungry. So far he has been poo-ing so I dont think it cause him any heatiness.

Mezzo, yah man that's a lot of work. For me, I use the pork as stock and then just dump in the veg. I dare not intro fish yet, coz I very scare of those bones. I avoid fish even at my age also for the same reason.

Just got a blender today, thinking of pureeing food for BB and then store it. Dunno why after I puree the apple, they become brown colour (like those in jar food), the last time round, I use a grater instead and my apple was yellow (normal) colour. WOndering if the blender is a wrong buy. Anyone can advise what shld be the right colouR?
 
Any one uses Ikan Bilis as stock for porridge? Emerson seems to prefer ikan bilis to meat. He can eat more if I use ikan bilis and is more willing to open his mouth.
 
Yenny,
may be u call up dumex n see if they can give u any sample. My boy still wakes up every 3hrly at nite.

YB,
Can i just bring myself and Julian. I dun know wat to bring for the gathering. If i bring my gal along can spare me to brng anything bo? I dun think i have anymore hand to handle leh.

PM, apple turn brown due to oxidation. to prevent it, u can drop 1 or 2 drop of lemon to it.
 
PM i thought ikan bilis is no gd cus of the salt content? hehe let me try out making porridge with chicken stock n i let you know outcome. Caitlin is very receptive to eating now. Everything she also wants to eat. I let her taste fruits.. she likes mango and pears. I should start her on porridge... let me find my recipe first
happy.gif
 
YB,
I hate porridge also especially BB porridge. I only taste one mouth of the porridge each time i cook to ensure that its sort of edible for the BB...haha. So usually the porridge is just for my girl only also.. those unfinish one have to pour away but luckily my bb take porridge quite well. She can finish 3/4 or 1/2 a bowl each time i give her.

YLC, i dont give the pork meat to my girl. I use it to boil the stock then once the porridge is cooked i throw the pork away. For fish, have been giving her since she started on porridge and she is fine with it. Only gave her "Ngor he" (think is threadfin in english)cos no bones.

PM:
Think Ikan bilis contain salt. Better to avoid using. Attended the pre-natal class at TMC and think i remember Mrs Wong ever mention not to use Ikan bilis as stock for porridge as the salt content is high and bad for bb.
 
gd morning mummies,
Do your BB still wake up for night feed ?? I want to stop the night feeding , already giving him milk before he sleep but he still wake up at 2 am at night crying for milk haiz... help
 
ylc
my son is like a rubbish bin now. Watever we give, he eats. As for the porridge, I think it's ok if it is bland cos our babies haven tasted real food b4 so they won't know what is tasty. I oso use ngor he and a kind of vege in his porridge. My mum says how much she cooks, he can finish all.

Hong
Will call up and try to get sample. Thanks.
 
Yenny,

Your boy not rubbish bin lah
happy.gif
Just that babies in their 6th month are going thru growth spurt. It is good for them to...get as much of nutrients so that can grow up strong and healthy
happy.gif
 
Mamil Gold Nite,

If im not wrong, i think there is cereal in the FM to make the bb full so they can sleep thru the nite. Correct me if im wrong.

Porridge,

Wow.... seem like most of the bb here already start porridge. Nydia is still having her cereal, i juz bot another 2 packs yty. I only planned to start her with porridge when she is ard 8 mths old.

PM,

For my elder gal, i grind the ikan bilis into powder form and add it to her porridge. It really smell n taste nice and she like it very much. But the process of doing it is very troublesome. U nd to soak it to get rid of the salt, sun it, toast it and then grind. I only used it to make stock when she is 1 yr plus.

Sandy,

Yes, nydia still wake up for nite feed, 4.30-6am. But Im ok with it as my elder gal only start to sleep thru when she is ard 8 mths. So i used this as a guide line. Like u, i start to think of ways to make my elder gal sleep thru the nite like put small amount of cereal in her last feed, add brown rice in her last feed.... but all this did not work. Either she refused to drink or she still wake up for her nite feed. When i just abt thinking of intro mamil gold nite... she sleep thru.... wahaha... heng ah... if nt i will waste my money to get her the FM.
 
morning...

porridge - for me, i will put the fish & Veg in the porridge to cook together. i lazy!! hahhaa
last weekend, gave him fish porridge with carrot, potato n brocolli. he finish 1 big bowl.

i never grind my bb's food. last time i cook till abit watery, but now at 7mths old, he can swallow quite well already.
happy.gif


actually u gals got tot of that bb is not hungry... but they are used to being fed at nite?

when my boy wakes up in the nite, i just carry n pat him to sleep. he will go back to sleep. if not, i feed him water. then he sleep again. then nowadays, he can sleep to 5plus then wake up... but i feed him water, he go back to sleep again.

oh, one question: can feed tofu?
 
MTDT,

It's true that some bbs r not hungry. They wake up becos it become a routine/habit to them. Feeding water is 1 of the way to stop them waking up but provided bb is nt hungry. For nydia, if she cry at nite, i'll give her pacifier 1st. If she juz want comfort, pacifier with patting can make her go bak to sleep. But if she is hungry then pacifier cant stop her crying so i know she is hungry and i'll feed her.

Yes, u can feed toufu. If im nt wrong, it's the same catogory as fish. Start off with the plain one w/o egg.
 
sigh....

so angry with my FIL.
He fed MA PO TOFU to my boy.

1) tofu - new item for my boy
2) so oily as it's from those "zhi cha" stall
3) worst of all... ma po is spicy leh!!!

REALLY NO BRAIN ONE!!!
 
MTDT,
when is your boy's last feed?

Did ask my PD when will babies start to sleep thru...she said on the average 1 year and above...now is too young for them to sleep through cos they still need basic nutrients...milk! But of course that depends on individual babies.

For my boy, his last feed is sometimes around 10 plus or 11 plus and he will sleep till 4 plus or 5 plus and wake up for milk.

I did hear about feeding water to babies when they cried at night but I guess that depends on the time interval since last feed. Too much water will also cause intoxification which I read an article as well. So adjust abit here and there lah.
 
my boy last feed is usu ard 9pm. then next feed will be 8am.

actually this few nites, he dun even need water... just pat pat awhile, he will go back to sleep.

i read abt water intoxification. but at one time he only drink like 20-30ml. so i think shd be fine bah.

i realise my boy is "addicted" to milk bottle. he needs to suck on bottle to sleep. so when he wakes up in the nite, he also need a bottle to go back to sleep. thus i was also trying to cut this habit.
 
hi mummies,

i agree that sometimes bbs wake up middle of the nite not for milk. This is what happen to my ger..she will wake up sometimes at 4am to look-see look-see...after playing by herself for a while..she will then go back to sleep.

I'm now thinking of buying a cot for my ger. Any recommendation? Something value for money. My playpen cannot make-it :-((
 
Blessing,

I read from somewhere that some bb start to sleep thru as early as 3-4mths(my frd's son did so) but it's nt very gd as they r still young. I cant remember y but think somethg like young so better nt to leave their stomach empty. It's common for bb to sleep thru when they r 6 mths.
 
mtdt
i tried to feed water and pat pat my son to sleep when he wakes up at nite. But hor, I think he is really hungry. Cos he refused to sleep and kept crying and only stop when i feed him milk. If feed him water, he will wake up again 15minutes later. I heard they will sleep thru by 9mths. So I'm hoping for miracle everynite.
 
MTDT,
how can BB eat that type of Tou fu...I think they are like my SIL anyhow feed as long as the child can eat. My nephew who is 1 yr now, is not gaining enough weight and got to see nutriionist recommended by KKH and got to pay. ( See me FOC )
 
HI MTDT,

Ya lor, I also scared buy cot, then bb dun want to sleep there also...waste $$.

My playpen is from Graco, quite good. But my ger moves rigorously and likes to thumb her feet up and down..so u can see the whole playpen shakes a lot. In that sense, it affects her sleep too. Can u imagine sleeping on a bed that shakes when u move your body. :))

hi Blessings,
Ya, I hope to find those cot that can convert type. Not budget price also lah :))
 
Ha, I didnt know Ikan bilis cannot. So now I think I better stop... Think some aunties from the market told me its good because it has calcium and good for the bones so then I bought and started using it as stock.

Been using pork for the past few days and Emerson only eats a small portion of it. Most of the time I have left overs and have to throw them away. Each day I am cooking lesser and lesser.

Sleep thru the night - emerson started sleeping thru very early, think ard 4 going to 5 mths.... but I kindda of qquite gulity, coz that time til now he will sleep wake up at night and I not very sure what he wants and jsut gave him pacifer coz I simply cant get up to make milk. Sometimes the pacifer can only pacify him for a few mins, after a while he will still cry and I still give him pacifer... til i think he gave up.
 
MTDT - Think old ppl (Except for my granny, coz she's being "trained" already...) like to any how stuff things in babies mouth..and likes to look and laugh at their expression when they see them taste the food.
 
Yenny,
I just called Dumex and they say Mamil Nite discontinued in the market already...haiz..there goes our options of giving our babies a chance to sleep thru the nite.
 
Regards to using Ikan Bilis, my mother do use it to make porridge for BB. She will wash and soak for a while before using it to make it as a stock for porridge so porridge nt salty at all .
happy.gif
 
Hi PM,

ya lor..now my bb also sleeps with us..very cramp but the feeling is nice esp when u wake up and see your bb next to you..Hehehe. But must 'upgrade' her to her own bed lah if possible.

For first time mummies out there like me, do you regret buying a lot of things in advance and end up wasting them. For me, i think very wasteful lah..too kan cheong that time. Now got things like stretchmark cream, avent milk bottles, sarong carrier etc..haiz~
 
ikan bilis- yes, the calcium value is high... but also salt content.

maybe like wat sandy says - soak first the use to boil ur stock.
 


Back
Top