(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB


Dear all,
You are all so helpful I really appreciate it. I was telling my friend y-day about having found this forum and how nice everyone is. So helpful and caring.
NAPPIES
Thanks for all your replies. Much appreciated.
PetPet seems quite popular. Does PetPet, Drypers and NTUC have plastic tape? That cuts into D's leg.
Huggies.... Agree that it's sexy-cut. Dylan's a long and slim baby so that's ok for him. I think certain brands leak for some bbs and not others cos of bbs' different shapes.
Pampers Active Baby.... Not sure if it's the same as over here, but that's the standard Pampers for older babies over here (from about our bb's age onwards) and it's very popular over here.
BIBS
Please note that it's not just any long sleeved one that works. They stain and crack. It's the material that Silly Billyz uses that makes it so special. It's stain-resistant fleece they use and the backing and sleeves are plastic but crack-proof
MTDT,
Thanks for the free samples link!
Stephanie,
Thanks for your help but it's different from what I'm after.
 
PM,
How E will be ok soon, CNY coming.
Longer sleep, better rest, better appetite and recover fast.

WOW... so many mummies getting FOX.

i also got two pants for Julian. I saw a floral skirt, thot of trying but i was slinging Julian and he was sleeping. Haizzzz...

Stephanie,
I used Pigeon bottle cleanser, there is bubble but not as much as the normal dish detergent. Must easier to wash away the bubble too.

Zoe,
I am using dryper for the day, Huggies comfort, pamper for nite. I like Nepia will get it after i used up all the diapers.

Wipe - I am using Angel bb wipe now. Still ok.
 
PM,
Hope E will be ok soon, CNY coming.
Longer sleep, better rest, better appetite and recover fast.

WOW... so many mummies getting FOX.

i also got two pants for Julian. I saw a floral skirt, thot of trying but i was slinging Julian and he was sleeping. Haizzzz...

Stephanie,
I used Pigeon bottle cleanser, there is bubble but not as much as the normal dish detergent. Must easier to wash away the bubble too.

Zoe,
I am using dryper for the day, Huggies comfort, pamper for nite. I like Nepia will get it after i used up all the diapers.

Wipe - I am using Angel bb wipe now. Still ok.
 
YB,
nice pics... Kaylyn's double eyelids have come out already? My ger's are still on and off.

Peach,
I bought 7 items, all baby's clothes/socks.

PM,
Yep, still have quite a lot for 6-12 months.
 
dsii,
This is from Heinz website....
It may take a few weeks to get your baby used to having food regularly, so its best not to delay starting weaning beyond 6 months of age. Otherwise it doesnt give your baby time to get used to the new sensation of eating, before they really need the food to provide extra nourishment.
 
YB
Kaylyn looks so sweet. ;-) Where is she going on her first trip?

Nepia.... Hmm, I'm thinking maybe it leaks on Dylan cos he's not chubby enough? What a pity, cos I do like how soft it is.

PM, YB,
I just checked the price of NTUC diapers. They're very cheap. Excellent! Do they have plastic tape?

Blessings,
You have a pool and Ryan hasn't gone swimming! Lazy! ;-p Bbs usually sleep and eat very well after a swim.
 
Zoe,
Diapers: Nepia day and night.
Wipes: Pigeon.

Zlia,
Nepia M size got the elastic band at the back liao...think only the S dun have ba...

Mummies,
Re: Silly Billyz bibs (recommended by Zoe)
Found them on Amazon @USD12.99. If got enough mummies interested, I can order and send back via Vpost.
 
Zoe,
Insurance, I believe the 2 most competitive ones are NTUC Income and Aviva, paid through CPF. Both offering no cap on hospitilisation charges. You can find info on their websites.
 
Hi May,
I think Kaylyn is really like a tomboy. She burps & farts very loudly too...smelly somemore. Ppl always thought she poos...but she only farted..hee..hee...

Hi lala,
She has 1 double & 1 single eyelid. The single eyelid sometimes will become double on & off, but not perm yet...hiaz...

Hi Zoe,
Will b taking Kaylyn to M'sia to visit hubby's relatives...ILs insisted, so no choice. Then in mar, will bring her on cruise trip.

Plastic tape? Hmm...the sticker is plastic lor...but the rest is cotton cloth-like material. Doesn't cut into the skin. Since it's cheap, u may wanna buy 1 pk to try? Or if u coming for the Feb gathering, I can give u 1 to try out.
 
Hi Zoe,
Am thinking of buying from AXA after my hubby comes back from biz trip. Wat do u wanna know? I can asks my agent then...AXA can also pay by medishield.

Hi Jul04,
Wah! US$12.99 very ex leh!
 
Kaylyn in a walker...think she enjoys the freedom too...

655355.jpg
655356.jpg
 
YB
Kaylyn looks so sweet & chubby... btw, can show us her passport photo... did u use digital camera or go to studio?

diaper: is nepia really good, thot of trying too...

swimming: mayb we can buy little swimmers diaper for bb to goto the pool... i brought C once to the pool, but she shiver like hell... haha..

photoshoot: www.foto-u.com website keep prompting "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded"

yah... dryper's have plastic tape, that sometimes make C's stomach red
 
Hi All

So many posts to catch up with...

Diapers : No more Pampers Premium??? I bought Pampers fit & dry before and my hubby complained...always leak, one time Kaedi pooped and got all over him!! So he sweared that he'll never buy Fit & Dry again. Pampers Premium is good, we like it but pricey. I'm using Huggies. Kaedi gets rashes with Pet Pet.


Zita,
Not sure if I'm still in time for this.

Trial Class at My Gym (Parkway).
Date: Will schedule a day for us during weekend, might not be a private class if not enough participate. but we can attend together..

Interested pls provide me name, bb name, contact n yr nick ya..I will sent over the namelist on thurs morning!

1) Zita
2) MTDT -Received
3) dsiitan -Received
4) yenny -Received
5) OC -received
6) YB -received
7) Lala -Received
8) Hong
9) Zoe -received
10)hunnypoo -received
11)Julie
12) Jul04 -receieved
13) PM
14) Z-lia -received
15) sandy
16) Poppy
 
YB,
Ya. A bit more pricey then the usual ones. But works out to the same as the Aust. site that Zoe posted. If it's really good then I dun mind getting one to try. My boy very messy.
 
*Silly Billyz Bibs*
Dear All,
I've placed an order of 30 Silly Billyz bibs cos a friend of mine has agreed to bring them to S'pore for me. I ordered them immediately in case he changes his mind cos I don't think he's that keen on doing this favour ;-p They'll be sent to his address so he can't back out now. Hee.
Sorry I didn't have time to ask what colours who wants cos they have to be delivered before he flies out. I ordered some girl and some boy colours. Please let me know your preference of colours and I will try to accommodate. If you'd like one, please let me know. They're 6 each, about S$18.

http://www.babygurgles.co.uk/silly-billyz-bibs-silly-billyz-long-sleeved-bibs-c-79_82.html?osCsid=e01039c7203bdb2870390bf22ef262bd

I figured it doesn't matter if I can't sell all cos they'll make really good gifts. Yesterday my friend came to visit with her 10-mth old daughter and was very impressed with the bib so I might save one for her. Her daughter ate till even my friend was covered with food(chicken casserole). Haha. I think they need to make one for adults.
 
Hi eeyore,
Hee..hee...my hubby ise HP camera to take Kaylyn's passport photo on a white background. Then resize it using pc & email to Immigration.

655386.jpg


I think it's very badly taken cos Kaylyn doesn't smile & she's looking down...sigh..well, can't really depend on men to do things properly...(no offence to Liverpool hor)
 
diaper - ntuc is good.... i tried the size S.
going to use back ntuc for day time after my petpet stocks.
happy.gif


nepia - size L hv a little bit of elastic behind. i din like S too becos dun hv tat. :p

bibs - mothercare hv leh. i rem it's 1 for $13+ or 2 of $21+. hv various design too for gals n guys. but not sure abt the quality comparable or not.
 
ooh.. zoe u order for us liao huh!!!
so nice of u...

i saw the website... there are 2 sizes huh.
which one u order?
 
MTDT,
Mothercare bibs are normal cloth fronts and for some, cloth sleeves as well, which from my experience stains as any normal cotton material does and it's a real pain to try to wash out and the bib looks so old after that cos the pictures fade from trying to get the stain out. Plastic fronts, food just slides off and onto his lap. I feel as if I wasted all that money before finding Silly Billyz cos his nice clothes have food stains. And the money wasted on the other bibs.
 
hello mummies,
havent login forum for quite sometimes liao... how's everyone? saw there's some activities going on... need to pay for the trial class at my gym?

YB,
your bb's eyes very big wor...
 
Dsii,
Wow.... I saw Ian in his walker... he so fast can sit walker liao ah? Is Ian able to sit up already? My Fion still not so stable yet....
 
Zoe,

Yes, I am lazy...hahahaha. I think I must start swimming to get rid of my fats too. But first of all, must get a wetsuit for Ryan, isnt it?

For insurance on child outpatient bills, I dun think there is one over here if I am not wrong. My hubby's company is offering such insurance for staff and he bought it. It is also applicable for my medical claims too but then I can also claim from my company.
 
YB,
Not bad liao for kaylyn. Charisse's double eyelids for both eyes come on and off ... not permanent one yet

how to convert JPEG to GIF for posting pics here? Must need special software?
 
Zoee... how to transfer the $$ to u then? I'd like two... hMmmmm girlie ones.. think one pink n one lilac one bah.


YB... hai, true. bb clothes must wear fast hor. so sad k. yesterday daytime my maid wore for kristen a pretty dress, but by the time i got home she changed her into a normal top. SOB!!! i so wanted to see her in d dress.. told my maid next time i teach her to use my digicam n take picture for me liao.. hai. btw. Kaylyn is so cute in the frilly-lacey hat. haha.. sooo lady-like. hehee.
 
geberra
hi hi...u MIA ah??? ahahahaha....ian can sit in walker..and eversince he sit in walker i more'free'..cos he can roam ard the hse as he wish...if not i always hv to carry him or entertain him ..at least now he can entertain himself...hahahaha....
 
YB, I like that Frog Pod also. But very expensive hor. Singapore also selling it. But must use their adhesive tape to install, then I scare spoil the wall, so dare not buy.
 
Thanks Zoe! Save me from getting on Amazon and making my hb source for it in London!

By the way, does Dylan suffer very bad jet lag when he travels between UK and SG? Contemplating tagging along with my hubby on his trip.

Looks like you don't have to worry about having lots of bibs left.
 
*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04
2. MTDT
3. Stephanie
4. Peach
5. Eeyore

I should be able to get my hands on the bibs by Feb 15th latest. Possibly even by the Feb gathering.
 
Jul04,
Jetlag. He was worse after the LON-SIN than the SIN-LON trip. It's to do with the East-WEst and West-East. I researched and it's supposed to be the reverse. ANyway, I do things like adjust his bedtime slowly before we leave. For eg. his bedtime is very early now in preparation for SG. And vice versa (late bedtime) before we did SIN-LON. I also do things like time his nap or bedtime for the plane's take off. This time round, we will be taking off just after his bedtime. Hope this makes sense.
 
Zoe,
Thanks! Totally makes sense! We were living in the States for 2 yrs before coming back to have the baby last yr. My hubby always gets very bad jet lag both ways....I'm just really worried that I will be stuck with a very cranky baby for the whole trip.
 
Zoe,

I need the following number of bibs if it is ok with you. Just to stock it up.
Red: 3
Navy: 2
Pale Blue: 3

Altogether 8 pcs.

Thanks thanks
happy.gif
 
*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04 - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
2. MTDT - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
3. Stephanie - 2 boys one (2)
4. Peach - one pink n one lilac (2)
5. Eeyore - Lilac/Purple & Mauve/Lilac (2)
6. Dsii - red/navy (1)
7. Jasline (jas) - light blue/navy (1)
8. blessy - all colours (8)
 



Back
Top