(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi Hong,
Luckily I went bowling, else I won't found out my hubby lied to me. Remembered I quarreled wif him last wk abt him coming hm late & past bb's bedtime? Then, he told me he was having dinner with client. Then today his friend told me (slip of tongue) tat my hubby was actually playing bowling wif them! I'm so angry. Y does he has to lie to me? Not as though I dun allow him to go out wif friends?? Dun think I can trust him anymore...seriously!
 


MTDT, Hong,
Thanks. It looks nice but a bit on the bulky side. Need to think about it. Will have a look around the shops in SP. What other big well-stocked store would you recommend to look in apart from Kiddy Palace? I prefer going to a big store rather than several small stores cos of the time saved.
 
Share Your Thoughts on NAPPIES?
I apologize to return to what is probably a very old topic, but can you pls share with me what nappies you are using and what you recommend? When we were in SP for holiday, I used Huggies Comfort Dry and Nepia. I like Nepia for it's softness but find Huggies more reliable.
 
Brands of Baby Wipes
Since I've already annoyed some of you, I might as well continue. What wipes are you using and would recommend?
I will take some time to hook up to the internet in SP (parents don't subscribe) so I've to do my research now.
 
haha, Zoe, it's ok. Don't worry.

Diapers:
baby Germayn is using cloth nappies in the day and pampers all night in the night. Pampers all night can only be bought from Msia though. and i don't like it. hahaha. cos it's those bikini cut (like huggies dry comfort and pampers baby dry). just tt i bought it already so no choice, gotta finish using it.
She's used Nepia b4 as well, and i quite like the softness, but i dont like the fact that there is no elastic band behind.
She's used about 10+ pieces of drypers b4. That was ok as well, at least it managed to last her thruout the night. And it didnt leave any red marks ard her thigh ( i thought it would, cos it used to for my elder kids <not>. mabbe she's less ba4 ba4. haha).
Tried a few pcs of petpet sample as well. It's quite good as well, didn't leak, no red marks. I've always liked petpet though, my twins are still using that now.

Baby wipes:
I was using the new j&amp;j moisturizing wipes (or smthing like tt) cos i bought it during the $10.90 per 3 packs and utilised the $1 coupon time. Was good. Always think that j&amp;j wipes are good.
Was also using the pigeon wipes. That is quite good also. At least managed to clean my baby's poo quite easily.
Now i'm using this Cussons brand, cos it's free. It's ok, but not as good as pigeon and j&amp;j cos it's sooo wet. Too wet. Have to get a tissue to wipe dry baby's butt after cleaning her butt with that.
Heard from some of my friends that avent wipes are good, but it's expensive.

Zita, i'm ok with passing My Gym my contacts. Thanks for your help! Hope your gal will get well soon.

Gotta bring my elder boy for review tonight on his bronchitis. Tomorrow would be my elder gal's turn. Can't bring them together cos went to see diff PD. haha. so dumb. Spent $400 in a week (last week) bring all the 3 kids to the doctor. Siong ar...

OC, it's nice having dogs at home. I've always hoped that my kids will love dogs and can play with them. My boy used to like dogs alot. There was this period of time when we happen to bring him to our friends' house with dogs. he just started to walk not long ago then. And there was once he was playing so happy with this golden retriever in my husband's friend's house. Was a cute sight. haha. But now, after not jie chu ing with dogs for a few months, he seems to be more afraid of them now.
 
Hi Zoe,

Yes, will certainly love to bring Ryan for a swim....but always hesitate though swimming pool is just down my apartment. I guess I also do not know what kind of preparation I should do. I myself didnt even used the facilities at all. Guess I am too lazy. Hahaha. Hope we can get our boys to swim together one of these days.

Nappies
I have tried a number of brands but find that Nepia, Mamy Poko and Pampers are the good lot.
Currently, I am using EQ diaper for daytime (not expensive and good abosrbency plus there is urine indicator too) since I change it frequently. For night time, now using Pampers premium....and I have a carton of Sealer as well for night time. But may just switch to Pampers.

Baby Wipes:
I used to buy Avent which I find it is good and thick. But not many places selling it, I always get it from Takashimaya. So now, I used either Pigeon Wipes or Johnson &amp; Johnson (Pink packaging) which I find they are equally good as well and cost effective esp for Pigeon.

Hope it helps.
 
morning...

Diapers -
currently using petpet for day n nepia for nite.
Tried:
PetPet value for $ as change freq.
Nepia - wear for 12hrs also no leakage

Baby wipes: tried pigeon, not bad. but now using tollyjoy as it is one of the cheapest. IFC use them like dun need $! at home, i usu dun use, bring him to the basin n wash his bum. :p
 
Hi mummies,
Any of your babies cut their gums yet??? 2 days ago, Gladys did. Becoz i found that she was bleeding from her fingers as she suck them most of the time. Two lower incisions have cut out already....

Z-lia, hope your kids are all much better.
 
YB,
you play bowling ar.. i finally found another ppl to play bowling with. My HB always say waste $$ throwing it into drain.
About your HB, guys always like that. When u confront them, they will give excuses like scare u worry, or nag. They will nt learn his lesson until one day u totally ignore him ( like what i did ). Only talk when it concern BB...
 
Zoe,
My ger is using Pet Pet in the day while either Mammy Poko/Nepia at night. Huggies/Dryers all leak. We have used Pampers Fit &amp; Dry as well but still think Mammy Poko is better.

Z-lia,
Charisse used to use cloth nappy during the day but have recently change to diapers coz too much wee wee liao.
I have tried many brands of diapers and now sticking to Pet Pet and mammy poko. Have you tried Fitti before ? Good??

YB,
Understand your anger, if I am in your shoes, I will be mad and crying too ... but think it in another way, maybe he just want to take a break and afraid that you will be angry coz not helping at home with baby. I think you should forgive him... in life, too many things we can be angry, however, as long as he is not unfaithful ot gambling, shouldn't be too bad .. my 2 cents worth
happy.gif
 
Hi Zoe,

For wipes:

Agree with the mummies above that I swear by pigeon. It's good and relatively thick. QUIte value for money and I like the box too. Avent is good too but expensive.

For diapers:
Mammy poko and pampers are good. But recently pampers change their packaging to purple ones and it's called Active Baby. Don't know if its my imagination or what, it doesnt seem to be as good as before already. Once and twice, it even leaked. It could just be me..cos my ger moves a lot when changing diaper. So frustrating :)) My mum doesnt like huggies cos the surface area is too small...troublesome when my ger is pooing.
 
YB - Ow. Yah. I feel u. I'd be super angry at him too. RARRR. Been in ur shoes b4 but the lying was about something else. I'd rather know the truth than to have to find out he was lying. I feel that trust between hubby n wife is v impt, n must be worked on all the time. It shldn't be taken for granted lah.. it's very hard to earn back the trust once it's lost.


WIPES - pigeon wipes! BP going on... http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/644012.html?1169078409
Think the price for the wipes can save 2 bucks for each of the big 6 pack that can be bought for 18.50 (or issit 18.90) at KP. So I will have a huge supply (24 packs of pigeon wipes) for my gerger's ass soon. I don't like the kodomo wipes, the wipes not separated properly, i try to pull one out then two will come out. Troublesome.

DIAPERS - Pampers right now. Pampers premium was taken off and replaced by active baby. May - I gotta agree with you.. doesn't seem as good as pampers premium. All the bullsh*t about the diapers being thinner cos of some new magic core.. *SNORT* my ger has leaked thrice already in 1 week.

Then juz to try we bought the pampers fit &amp; dry. personally, i think it's not good. very fast full n like very thin.. =(

Nepia.. i liked it at first. but at that time, my ger was having diarrhoea n we juz changed to nepia. so she had diaper rash, not sure due to which one but we juz switched back to pampers. i'm gonna continue using nepia tho cos i have 2 packs of M n i like the indicator. hehe.


Kin, u mean teething? my girl.. not yet. ow.. so poor thing .. fingers bleeding? how? put plaster?
sad.gif
 
Hi Peach,

Oh..so its true that it leaks!! Shucks...so bloody expensive somemore..it works out to about 50cents per diaper. And I agree with you that Kodomo sucks!! Pull one out ..the rest follows...very irritating.
 
Hi Zoe,

For wipes:

Agree with the mummies above that pigeon is cheaper than others and better, dun like tollijoy cos it's quite soapy, wet &amp; strong fragrance smell...

For diapers:
Currently charlene's using huggies dry comfort. Charlene used Pampers fit &amp; dry b4 too, few weeks ago she had diarrhoea &amp; rash so my hb bought pampers fit &amp; dry 4 her... very soon her rashes recover... personally I like pampers fit &amp; dry and cotton care, it's thin &amp; feels very dry... fitti &amp; huggies absorbent is good too but thicker... my mum &amp; I dun like drypers bcos of the waist line sticker, very difficult to peel out...
 
Hi there!!!

Zoe, there's a Super Play Yard which looks like what u posted except that it has smaller holes... I see if I can find a pic.. rem a mummy was selling it..
 
Hi Z-lia,
wow $400 on medical expenses for ur kids in a week is really quite siong...so this kind private insurance cant claim one is it? sorry just wondering cos i haven bought any insurance for my ger yet...

how come different PD? hope their review results will turn out fine
happy.gif


re: dogs
nice to have but a responsibility for life as well, just like ur own children. my MIL hates dogs so she always make this commment," aiyo baby also no time to take care liao still must take care of dogs?!" but she dun understand my hb had them since they were babies too! so how to just give away like that right?
 
dogs - hai. as much as i find dogs n pets in general cute. agree with OC.. alot of responsibility too. when my cat passed away last year it was heart wrenching.. it was old age but still feel very terrible lor. dun think i wanna go thru such loss again. somehow feel guilty also. n pets dun have very long lifespan. i guess maybe it teaches ur kids about loss n death next time? still so sad feeling. i told my hubby last week.. as morbid as it sounds.. plsplspls dun die b4 me. dun think i can live with such pain n can't imagine life without him or having to see him n not have him respond. =( ahhh morbid morbid morbid.. i know. sob~


Wipes - OH!! I juz remembered another wipes that I use. It's the travel wipes by pureen. my mum bought the dark pink ones. Smell very nice n quite strong, but it's good that it smells strong so it can erase out the smelly diaper changing rooms n areas. hehe. It's abit hard to pull out tho cos it's a big wipe in a small packet.. so it's folded alot.
 
YB,
sorry to be so kpo. Do u call to check ur hubby? I did! if he is in bowling alley u can hear the background. Bowling is very normal and healthy activity. Why did he need to lie? Haiyah. May be he scare u angry for leaving u and bb at home (if me also angry)

May be u can negotiate with him that u will want ur own leisure timing and request him to come home early.
 
YB
ya loh...very normal activity..y must lie? can bring u along wat..i always think can bring wife one wat...but my hb always said the rest never bring wife leh...now hor..got 3G phone mah...so video call him lah..hahaha...that day he said he and his colleagues working in office...9 plus liao leh...so i video call him..hahaha...relly in office..cos he show me the rest working hard too..
 
Hi dsii,
Ya lor...guess I may be really harsh on him tat's y he so scared of me...normal activities also afraid to tell me...sigh...

Anyway, just now he came home &amp; bought lunch for me. Bought me Doraemon's fav bisc too...sigh...men....
 
Hi Zoe,
I'm currently using NTUC diapers on both day &amp; night time. Not bad, considering it's cheaper than most other brands. Can last thru-out the night too. about 12hours straight. Only leaked on 2 occasions when we didn't wrap the diapers properly. Used drypers before, but need to change often &amp; always have those gluey residual on the buttoks if nvr change for very long time.

I'm using Kidsper wet wipes now. Sold in normal medical hall/convenience stores. It's cheap also. About $8.50 for 3 large packs. It has an extra plastic lid over the cover flap (similar to Pigeon), so can retain moisture better.
 
Hi Hong,
I do call to chk on hubby. But I didn't hear bowling sound leh...aiya, if someone truely wants to lie, he can just walk out to somewhere quiet to ans the phone mah...
 
hi gals..

YB - aiyoh... bb Kaylyn sleeps until like tat!! hahaha

Men - same as my hubby lah.
1) dun wan to tell me he take leave or MC. still pretend to go work in the morning
2) kenna found out.. says he wan to rest only. dun wan pple to disturb. anyway, just a white lie. incase i start to question him. (ok, he was at home playing pc game.)
3) nites out - cannot bring wife lah... none bring wife/gf leh. then i say, u never try suggesting? maybe u suggest, then the rest will bring their partners leh. (still dun wan)

give up on him liao. :p

dsii - video call huh! good idea...
but then i must first buy him a 3G phone! haha
dun wan. ;p
 
dsii - u wan to get the bib huh...

this online shop hv a biz thread in smo.. maybe can order from there. i also thinking of getting the pooh on skate one. :p
 
Hi YB,

That pic is indeed a little bizarre..but frankly I find it quite cute. Your girl was certainly very sound asleep and her legs open wide. y ger likes to do that too. I think your ger is very cute cos I rem the last time u showed us her video with her head pushing against the cot railing like a little worm. Hehehhe...
 
Mummies, I had a hard time following up with the thread. Emerson's napping now, longest nap ever...been sleeping since 10.30am. Got time to finish my chores and now log on.

I enrolled myself for driving license! Finally! Guess I will have lesser time to log on liao. There's so many BPs going on that I would like to participate but I simply got no time to monitor.

Talking abt BPs, there's a Pigeon one going on, $120 free delivery, anyone stay near SK wants to share with mee? Thinking of getting the wipes and bottle cleanser.

Diapers : Day - NTUC brand, Night - Mamy poko. Actually Emerson's urine is not alot, so sometimes I can make do with NTUC brand even at night, but its quite thick so I just use mamy poko instead.

Wipes - Definately Pigeon.

~*~*~*~

Emerson just went for blood test yesterday, still low and got to monitor. Pd gave him tonic. I've got to finish all 4 big bottles before we go for our next appt in Mar for another review.
 
Hi Dsii,
Can you give me the link of your photographer who took your family portray again. I didn't note it down when you shared with us the other time.

Thanks.
 
BTW, dont think I can join for the GYM liao, as much as I want to, PD says we shld avoid crowded areas for Emerson since his immunity is still low now, also, I think some mummies might worry too if I bring Emerson there. Hahaha.
 
PM
aiyo..u take care too hor...

ian 6mths liao..hehehe...wonder if i shld start porridge..hmm...like carrot porridge...aiyo..how ah? shld i start?
 
lala,

cheers!!! haha.. we got 8 items (6 for baby, 1 for mummy, 1 for daddy) for about 62 bucks!!! now the items in the wash already. juz thinking whether to save for CNY or to wear now. haha..
 
Wow..u guys tempting me with the FOx sale...hope its not too late if I go tomorrow. Frankly I think Fox bb stuff are much better than mothercare rompers..the latter go out of shape after a few wash I find. Even my mum prefers Fox baby stuff. Hehhehe
 
Hi PM,
Yah, Kaylyn loves to play wif the cot bumper. Always put her hands between the 2 bumpers (I put 2 bumpers together). This was the 1st time she stick her head in...haa..haa...

Hi Peach,
No need to wait till CNY lah...bb outgrow the clothes very fast one. I've already started to let Kaylyn wear the new clothes liao...
 
Girls, I ask u hor.. Anyone tried Tolly Joy and Pigeon bottle cleanser?

Recently I bought the Pigeon one and its very watery and not much bubbles... Is it supposed to be like that?
 



Back
Top