(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

mtdt
aiyo..relly very diff leh...but u look quite different hor..how long was this pic taken???somemore so dark...aiyo cant see clearly leh
 


Zoe..really veri handsome leh, boy n husband, sailva drop..hahaha

MTDT..super tall leh, will hit the ceiling anot..

Dsiitan..ya lah veri heartpain..only 9mth old.
 
Trial Class at My Gym (Parkway).
Date: Will schedule a day for us during weekend, might not be a private class if not enough participate. but we can attend together..

Interested pls provide me name, bb name, contact n yr nick ya..I will sent over the namelist on thurs morning!

1) Zita
2) MTDT -Received
3) dsiitan
4) yenny -Received
5) OC
6) YB
7) Lala -Received
8) Hong
9) Zoe
10)hunnypoo
11)Julie
12) Jul04
13) PM
14) Z-lia

Any additional can drop down yr nick too : )
 
Hi mummies,
Wah, I'm just gone for half a day suddenly so many posts!! Gosh!

Hi Yenny,
Sweet potato will cause constipation too? Hmm...but my gal eat very little leh...at most 5 spoonfuls. Think mayb it's very filling?

Hi lala,
I brought my gal to my dad's clubhouse swimming pool. Not many ppl in the pool. At most about 5 ppl swimming/soaking in the pool at the same time.

Hi eeyore,
Welcome to my humble hse. Where's ur hubby moving off to??

Hi Kloe,
My day typically starts after 12noon when my bb wakes up. Then I also wake up lor...After feeding & bathing her, she'll take a nap. That's when I'll wash bottles, take a shower, have a simple lunch while surfing net at the same time...hee..hee...multi-tasking. Then when bb wakes up, will play wif her, cook bb food (or reheat frozen bb food), feed milk then she naps again. Then I'll surf net till hubby returns from work. Dinner will either settle at parent's hse or hubby tabao lor...I only use magic-clean to wipe the floor everyday. Will only wipe furniture when it gets too dusty...hee..hee...Laundry fully machine wash, just need to hang dry. Mopping will wait till hubby do on Sat/Sun...

I buy a lot of microwaveble food for lunch or cook instant noodles/porridge. Very simple. Just eat to survive.
 
Hi Zita,
Yah, called ur colleague last nite, but she only replied me at 12midnight...haa..haa...will arrange to collect from her tonight again...see how 1st. Cos got to collect a few things from a few diff places. Somemore, planning to c doc tis evening for more slimming pills...:p

Where is the Tiny Tikes Play Gym held? And when?

Hi Pooh,
U r welcome to join our gathering in Feb. How old is ur bb? Can u email me ur email addr so I can send my addr to everyone at a later date.

Hi OC,
I received the 2nd bb bonus 2 weeks ago.
 
Hi mummies,
Wah! Everyone fussing over Dylan & Zoe's hubby arh! MTDT, better hope my hubby dun c ur post online hor, else he go tell ur hubby next time we meet..hee..hee...

Hi Liverpool,
If u wan us to talk more abt u, then u show us ur pix lor..hee..hee...mayb we'll also compliment u?? :p
 
Hi Zita,
Saw wat my friend bought at United Sq Fox BB. Lotsa embroidery tops for gals. Very nice. Quality also better than press-ons. Very tempting...
 
Liverpool and MTDT,
Wah, posted so many pics. Pai seh! Thanks for helping to post them up though. Apreciated.

Thank you everyone for your compliments. Will make sure the hb doesn't get to read this thread or he won't be able to make his way out the door for work. Head won't fit. ;-p Hb won't be around in Feb, only in March.

MTDT,
London's not a great place for families or to bring kids up.... Also we have no family here, and moving to Wales is out of the question. Doesn't make sense to stay here with Dylan. I obviously prefer Spore. The weather here's horrible for one, it's ridiculously expensive and inconvenient.... In short, quality of life will be better for all 3 of us in Spore. My intention from the start was only to spend maximum 2 years here.... Hope that answers your question. London's not a great place to live.
 
MTDT,
Sorry, didn't read your question properly. I'm moving back first cos hb was supposed to move back now as well but can't cos of his job. So in answer to your qn, yes, cos of his job, he has to stay here till his job's settled.
I checked the childcare centre link. Thank you. I didin't realize how expensive it is. $1500+ for full time infant care. I checked the Mountbatten ones cos that's where I intend to move eventually. How did you decide on that particular centre you're with? How do you gauge if they're better than another one?
 
Hmm, I remember some mummies here asking for contacts to buy jersey for babies and kids. If Zoe is willing to help, why not get her to help buy jersey and bring back when she is back in Feb. This will save some of the shipping cost.
 
Zoe,

I thought London should be a nice place to live in, well at least there are night activities etc unlike other rural places. Well, I don't know, but I guess alot of us would think it is a great place for a tour at least. Staying, I can't comment, but Ang Moh country, the pace of life tends to be a bit slower.

YB,

Thanks for the offer, but I am not like Zoe's hb who is tall and handsome. So would prefer it this way until if I join you gals for gathering.
 
Liverpool,
London is great for a holiday. There's always something going on but it is very expensive so for the people living here, living expenses and taxes are very high. It's very backward as well. Lots of red tape and doing somethign straightforward like opening a bank account for eg. is literally a long and tedious mission. London is not any slower than Spore actually. It's prob one of the fastest paced Western cities.
The climate has a profound impact on me and the people around me. That's why Aussies are so good natured and the Brits are reknowned for their stiff upper lips. Ha. That's my theory anyway.
I find Spore still one of the best cities to live in, from the many I've visited. In terms of how it's vibrant, modern, accessible and varied (shops, food, people).
 
Well, jersey not a brand, its the shirt for soccer players.

2 of the more famous club in London is Chelsea and Arsenal.

652523.jpg
652524.jpg


My Fav Team, LIVERPOOL!!

652525.jpg
652526.jpg
652527.jpg


There are some jersey for kids like the above shown.
 
dsiitan..received : )

YB..my gym at parkway : ) tiny tyke is programme name.. aiyo u temp me leh got pic to show? got 12 to 18mth anot? if yes maybe i go during weekend..n can eat the 99cent sushi at the iras building...veri nice n cheap
 
Oh ya our plan will be Feb, when all our darling 6mth...!

MTDT..i try request for sunday..! but she mentioned the date had to be plan by them : (

zoe when will u b back?

Trial Class at My Gym (Parkway).
Date: Will schedule a day for us during weekend, might not be a private class if not enough participate. but we can attend together..

Interested pls provide me name, bb name, contact n yr nick ya..I will sent over the namelist on thurs morning!

1) Zita
2) MTDT -Received
3) dsiitan -Received
4) yenny -Received
5) OC
6) YB
7) Lala -Received
8) Hong
9) Zoe -received
10)hunnypoo
11)Julie
12) Jul04
13) PM
14) Z-lia

Any additional can drop down yr nick too : )
 
Hi Zita,
K, me keen in the tiny tyke trial. U still wan me to PM u?

Hmm..my friend bought 2 tops 6-12mths & 1 cargo pants 12-18mths. Hee..hee...forgot to take pix for u just now when I was at her hse.
 
Zita, PMed you my details liao.

Zoe, thanks for the webbys. but my hb will be staying in a hotel....not sure if i can order online and they send it there? how long does postage usually take?

Dylan's cute! He looks like a cheery kid!

Kloe, my schedule quite similar to OC, PM and YB. Log in during my boy's naps. I do laundry every day then cleaning done by hb on weekends. Used to cook everyday but too tired to it nowadays, so ta pao also.
 
kloe
hahhaa...i think SAHM all same same one..as for me..im damn lazy one..especially i got 2 boys..so i woke up earlier..my day starts at 6am...wake up to pump milk...then prepare simple b'fast for isaac..eg..bread or just milk..then feed ian...after that will scream and nag at isaac to change into his uniform..then ard 745 will bring isaac to sch..then will chit chat a while with the anuties...makan b'fast..after that went home to bathe ian...then on n off will come in and chat...when ian is taking his nap or while he is in his walker...ard 1145 will go and pick isaac up...the rest all same same with the rest loh...hehehee
 
hsework will hv to wait till weekend or while hb is home to look after ian...wash clothes alternate days...cook 3-4 times per week...like that loh...
 
dsii - hahaha... tat time v young only lah. think abt 26-27. LOL

zita - understand... if dun hv sunday, then i see how.
happy.gif


YB - on slimming pills? wat brand? how much? i also thinking of getting liao. wan to lose some wt before CNY. n u better dun "bao toh" me to ur hubby!! haha

zoe - i can understand the weather n the inconvenience part. My sis stayed at UK-london for 6yrs. for tat 6yrs, every hols me n my mum will fly to UK n stay there for abt 1.5mths. (my mum is a teacher) so i spend 6 christmas in UK. :p I would always describe london as a gloomy place. the sky is grey, the buildings are grey, the pple (face) also like grey grey one! :p the cost of living also super high n pounds exchange rate is high. i rem their mac set meal is like SGD$16-20. :p

infantcare - for working mum, there is a subsidy of $400(full time program). my centre original price was $1000, so after subsidy is abt $600. Criteria: actually the most impt deciding factor is "convenient location", then i visited all the infantcares in sengkang n punggol. then check on the ratio of caregivers vs babies, how long was the setup n license given? usu if less than 12mths, means the authorities is not comfy in granting them a long license, so something must be not up to standard. in the end, still choose the one nearest to my house. so when my hubby goes for his nite class, i can still fetch my boy n walk home. of cos, before enrolling, i spot check them a couple of times n everything seems ok.
as baby is still young, i am not so concern abt their programs etc yet.

will u be working when u r back in SG?
 
Liverpool, me me.. i am the one asking abt jersey but the jersey not cheap leh. I dun know if my hubby still willing to pay for it. Yes, he wanted the kid to put on liverpool jersey only althot he is not the die heart kind but he is the loyal liverpool supporter.

SO u getting bo??

Zoe,
will u be staying ard mounbatten when u come back to spore? I live ard guillmard area.
 
zita
PM u liao, thanks leh

YB
alamak, didnt know my hb received d baby bonus few days ago liao until i asked him just now, then i say him "wah, got d $$ keep quiet ah?" he say he forgot to tell me....duh
 
Jul04,
Doubt they'll accept hotel addresses. If there's stock, could be as fast as 2-3 days.
MTDT,
Yes, you understand what it's like here. I don't mind the cold if it's sunny. It's the dreary grey that I don't like. And it's like that 10 months of the year.
Thanks for info on infantcare. I think it's too expensive for us. It's part-day care I'm looking at and that's expensive. Full-day's not so bad. My working plans are still up in the air. I think I'll work a few days a week in SG and leave Dylan with my mum. Have been contemplating a few things. Whether to work more days and leave him at infantcare sometimes or to get a maid. At the same time I know the best care he'll get is from myself, and I don't want to miss out on too much of his growing up, I don't want to jeopardize his options later due to limited finances. Know what I mean? At the moment, I'm going to play it by ear and see how things go.
 
Hong,
I'll be staying with my parents in Serangoon Gardens till end of the year (not confirmed till when, depending on hb's job) and then hopefully moving to Katong. Guillmard's close by. Cool! Will ask you where are the best places to buy this and that. ;-) I'll be in Amber end of Mountbatten though.
 
Zoe,
Katong is ard my area. I probably tell u to try Giant or carrfore. hahaha..
May be nice eatery. Alot of yummy food ard Katong area.

OC,
next bb bonus is 6th month right. I must go and check my account.
 
Hong,

Must see if Zoe want to help or not lor. If not I think I will be getting another one for gerrard, myself n my wife prior to the photo shoot. Will keep you inform again.
 
Hi Dsii,
Who takes care of Ian when u bring Isaac to sch? Envy u can go out everyday leh (even to sch only). I'm always stuck at hm alone wif bb. Can only go out when hubby brings us out or I'll have to bring bb out along.

I keep complaining to hubby tat my hands all rot after all the washing & cleaning. Esp hate washing cos have to touch the detergent. Somemore 1 day can wash bottles so many times...sigh..hands all dry & peeling liao..YUCKS!

Hi MTDT,
My slimming pills are prescribed by GP. It's called reductile. So far so good.

Hi OC,
Ha..ha...Ur hubby very gd hor...quietly keep the money dun let u know...:p Actually I'm guilty also. Nvr tell my hubby abt the 2nd BB Bonus..hee..hee...
 
YB
i will bring ian with me loh...now ian is older...my dad can help me abit(cos he is more sturdy liao mah..if like ruan mian mian..he dare not carry)..only when ian just finish milk and was playing..if not he oso cant handle...so will always bring ian with me...
i oso stuck with bb mah...now at least got auntie-kah to chit chat and lim kopi after sending the kids to sch...wahahaha...after an hr or so,...all need to rush home prepare lunch...hehe..so after lim kopi then we went ntuc buy groceries loh..then split liao...heheh
 
liverpool,
Sorry I won't be able to help buy anything cos I leave in a few days. Anything I order will arrive after that. I would think it'd be cheaper to get this type of clothing in SP.
 
YB,
How come you don't go out with bb? It's no fun being stuck at home all day. I personally find that going out helps me entertain bb for a few hours every day. He loves his walks and looking at people and shops. It's good for both of us to get out and I get my errands done. ;-)

Hong,
Thanks! I lived in Katong most of my life, till a few years ago, so it's the baby stores and other baby stuff amenities I'm unfamiliar with.
 
Zoe,

The problem is that it doesn't sell baby jersey in Singapore. I got mine from ebay in UK. Cost slightly more exp then the official merchandise on the website, but the freight cost is much lesser compare to the offical website.
 
Trial Class at My Gym (Parkway).
Date: Will schedule a day for us during weekend, might not be a private class if not enough participate. but we can attend together..

Interested pls provide me name, bb name, contact n yr nick ya..I will sent over the namelist on thurs morning!

1) Zita
2) MTDT -Received
3) dsiitan -Received
4) yenny -Received
5) OC
6) YB
7) Lala -Received
8) Hong
9) Zoe -received
10)hunnypoo
11)Julie
12) Jul04
13) PM
14) Z-lia
15) Sandy
 
Gd morning,
i bought a FB toy - Peek a POO school bus sorter . But hor after assemble, one of the bus light never light up. It so heavy ( for me) , got to carry back to Taka to change. If they don't change i will sure make noise... Hump =(

I am going for the gathering !!
 
This week is an unlucky week for me..mon watch spolit repair 250buck, tues loss hp, wed my gal is sick, whole nite cant sleep keep crying...hope a better tomm ...hahaha : )

Trial Class at My Gym (Parkway).
Date: Will schedule a day for us during weekend, might not be a private class if not enough participate. but we can attend together..

Interested pls provide me name, bb name, contact n yr nick ya..I will sent over the namelist on thurs morning!

1) Zita
2) MTDT -Received
3) dsiitan -Received
4) yenny -Received
5) OC -received
6) YB -received
7) Lala -Received
8) Hong
9) Zoe -received
10)hunnypoo -received
11)Julie
12) Jul04 -receieved
13) PM
14) Z-lia -received
15) sandy

Any additional can drop down yr nick too : )
 
YB, my hb is moving from novena sq to alexendra... even further... yah he told me novena sq, velocity 3rd level got branded sale, gap, carter & osh gosh so when I was on leave on mon, brought my gal there to shop... some are $3.90, then I bought a number of $5/pc overall... all very cute leh... wait till I go home take the pics then show u...
 
zoe, fro bb items near katong area, u can try bb hyperstore & bb kingdom but that requires car transport to go cos it's in the industrial area... or u can try isetan & kiddy palace in parkway parade but small, another u can try is kiddy palace @ marina sq, it's big enough, and from katong to there it's not far...
 
zita,
aiyo must go temple pray pray ah...hope ur ger recover soon

Sandy,
dun think Zoe can get anything for us lah, she mentioned before that she coming back alone with bb so luggage all packed with her's n bb's things liao...

So when are u goin to move to SK?
 
Hi MTDT,

Tks for the childcare link. It's very useful!!! It provides the rates somemore!

Btw, have u heard of the modern montessori international at sengkang. is it good? I'm planning ahead now and thinking of sending my ger to playgroup when she is 18 mths.
 
may - no prob.
i noe there is a MMI at SK... but never hear any feedback abt them yet. :p

eeyore - wow, novena sq, velocity sale seems like alot of good grab uh? start since when?
 


Zoe,
It is ok if u cant help me with the jersey. I think my stingy hubby may not bear to part with that kind of $$. Jersey is not cheap in UK.

Oh then i shld be asking u abt the gd food in Katong. As for baby stuffs - u mean gd PD or GP, education center etc?

Did u come back these few yrs? Parkway parade has developed into a education center. Alot of tution centers, bb gym setup ard that area.

I did hear abt a PD in parkway, i need to find out cos i bring both my kids to pasir ris for consulation when they are sick.

May,
Gd that u plan ahead. It is ok to be Kiasu a bit.
Montessori is not bad but dun suggest to let the kid have it for long. Some school conduct the class in the way that is 1:1. That mean teacher and student and not much interaction among the peer. I strongly encourage kid shld go to school in 18th month providing the kid can take it. It build up their independency and will be much easier when it come to nursery.
 

Back
Top