(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi jazzy,
my nurse asks me to express out cos I'm already engorge. However when ur engorgement ease, try not to stimulate ur breasts again. else it'll promote milk flow.
I'm taking 1 pill three times a day for 3 days. I also use cold compress/cabbage everyday.
No, I dun feel any diff after taking the med.
U can still back out if u change ur mind now...take me for example. Even after taking 1 course of med, my milk still come back, even more.
 


YB:
besides Isomil good, how about Friso soy milk? which brand is better?

u mean she vomitted due to which brand of milk? Similac gd?
 
Hi kite,
my gal didn't vomit when she's on similac or isomil. I changed her FM cos she has rashes & I thought she's allergic to cow's milk like her cousins.
I didn't try Friso soy milk, so I dunno.
 
Misayeo,
It is better to give, i also give my mother Ang Bao.

YB,
I also feel that, shld be normal. I will be visiting my gynea this monday.
 
MTDT,
my BB don't like but no choice cos his hands will move here and there.. according to my mother like that also can make him feel more secure.lol
 
hi mummies,
I'm a Aug MTB. Can i seek recommmendations from mummies who r currently doing massage? Wat r their rates like? TIA
happy.gif
 
Thks Sandy, I also think shld give for good luck..

Anyone know wat to get to help wif short nipple for breastfeeding... feel like trying to latch bb on since will increase supply and when my mom goes back i dun need to pump and feed bb still have to sterlise the bottles and pump, just latch her on will do.. easier for me..
 
Misaryeo,
u try nipple shield?

Skyblue, my massage lady charge me $35 but also depend on area.

Jazzy,
dun be upset on ur decision. I think we are too stress up to be a pple so call gd mother who can give BM. I dun see the difference. MOst impt, u are happy. dun get urself into depression ok.


Stopping milk - if u can tahan, u can try reduce the pumping session. Once u reduce ur pumping session, our body will thot that less milk is required so it will reduce n reduce n eventually stop but this processes takes days.
I used this method for my 1st kid.

YB,
my boy didnt poo also. Headache, we thot of trying friso 1, if still cannot have to switch back to NAH HA.
 
jazzy,

My bb born in Jan. Also took med to stop the milk. Was adviced by nurses n doc not to pump out the BM. jus use cold cabbage to cover. Take less then a wk to totally stop the milk.
 
Misaryeo, Lala,
Thanks for the url to the beansprout pillow!

YB, Hong,
My boy poo once a day only. I read in the magazine that for FM, it's ok for bb to poo once in every 1-2 days. Just monitor. Better not switch formula too often. CL said its no good for bb.

Jazzy,
I can empathise with you cos i was also in the same situation. Take it easy, ok?
 
YB:
did u see a PD for e rashes? i went to see n given a cream w abit of steriod. i applied abit but doesnt really work n also steriod not so safe for bb so stop. Btw which FM u were using that u suspect caused ur bb to hv rashes? so her rashes stop since u changed to other FM?
 
NOIF... thanks! u mean the salon @ Forum Galleria? do u know the name?

for rashes, if it's heat rash, perhaps can try to apply a thin layer of nappy rash cream on the rash? was taught by Mrs Wong to do so and it helps!
happy.gif
 
skyblue,
i change another massage lady. This one ok and the binding is better. She got this indonesia made binder but got to pay $25 for it.
I may only do 7 days massage.

Lolli,
thanks i see how. my boy tummy like very hard.. keep giving out gas.

Mummies, my boy bellybutton got some bleeding. Is this normal? the cord already drops for some days but on and off will have some bleeding.

Quite new to me cos my daughter is not like that.
 
hi everyone,

long time no log in liao, 1 more week to go for my confinement, same here struggling with increasing MS,BF,MIL etc
have been supplementing my gal with isomil but thinking of stopping n latching her more often.

misaryeo
how do u tell if u have short nipples? i suspect i have short nipples too so bb has problems latching on but im not sure. btw miss your labour story, tell me when u post leh then i can read thru d archives
 
Hi Hong,
Yes, my boy also keep on giving out gas. It's better than no gas, hahaha... So long as bb poo, all is ok.

For the bellybutton, it is normal to have some bleeding after it dropped out, takes a few days to a week to dry up. Same case as my boy, relax
happy.gif
, all will be well soon.
 
I've checked with my doc. He said when on medication to stop milk flow, will feel pulling sensation(uterus contracting) & locia will be a bit heavy. But nothing to be alarm.
 
Hi Hong,
I switched back to Similac already. But my gal still didn't poo. Call pd, he said monitor for another day. If by end of today never poo, then can go see him tomorrow morning.
 
Hi kite,
I was using Similac when I discovered the rashes. So changed to Isomil. But bb cannot poo. So now changed back to Similac. But from yesterday till now, still never poo. Will monitor for another day, then see PD.
 
hi decimalpoint,

tat time i cover overnite. daytime din do anything to it. So lumps also let it b. Wat nurses & gynae advice is dun pump or do anything to it. jus cabbage & wear bra. pumpg & massage will stimulate more milk flow. Maybe u 1 2 check wi yr gynae.
 
Brambles,
Yup! At forum galleria,level 2. U can see when u go up from escalator. Sorry! I dont know the shop's name.

Anyway! Thanks for the tips! I try to apply to my boy face later.

Skyblue,
My massage lady charge $280 for 7 sessions.

Misaryeo,
Me too! Heard take the medicine to stop milk flow our breasts will strink. Dont know how true?

Hong,
My boy fart alot too. Like got lot of wind inside his stomach. Me gave him a bit gride water tis morning. Later he wake up i will monitor whether he still fart a lot or not?

My boy poo 3-4 times a day. He on Breastmilk + Dumex mamex. Was thinking izzit poo too much liao?
 
YB, Hong, last nite took then morning pain, woke up @6++, milk leaking so massage & use finger to squeeze instead of using the pump. Realised when pump, my nipple pains on the left. Now still a bit pain bt left side not much when i squeezed.
Wat if pain? Also dun let out?? So i sd juz leave it alone?

Dun really wanna go & c my gynae (unless nec), coz he really discouraging when i tol him my decision.

wander_mum, so when u pain u oso dun express the milk out?? Juz use cabbage throughout?

hong, trying 2 be cheerful.. bt qte difficult. When after deliver, i cant urine.. goto be "catherized", after tat can urine then dischrg, then constipation.. now better.. At 1st, i can hardly sit on the toilet bowl. Now i am grappling wif this BM thingie.. haiz.. kip telling myself to be patient.

lollypop, ya.. i am trying.. Cant help it at times.. esp when i start feeling miserable.

Dunno y this morning, bring bb out 20mins 4 sunbathing w CL, all of a sudden i see blurry images, like gonna blackout. Quickly go into the room, juz fell onto the floor, din faint bt thk knee a bit pain.
 
Jazzy,
may doctor will give us the "why stop bfing" face when we told them the decision.

I think u better dun pump anymore later will have more BM.

aiyo u fainted? Not enough blood? i think u need to rest more.. forget abt BFing. go and lie on the bed. Dun even come online. Rbr must take chix essense every morning after breakfast.

U got CL, then let the CL do the job, u just have gd rest.

Lolli, oh like that. ok i monitor my boy belly again.

YB,
very gek sim if they no pooing. NAH HA was fine but hubby wanted to change. After the change cannot poo. He also feel very bad but my boy give green poo when he took NAH HA.
 
hi mummies here,

Just to share if bb no poo can try using cotton bud with olive oil and go lightly round the bb 'poo poo area'. Don't put too inside. The olive oil will help bb poo easily out.

My massage lady demo for me when i have my elder girl. At first i was so scare will hurt the bb but the poo on the spot came out after 3 or 4 days nv poo.
Also try adding extra 1/2oz water to FM..
 
hong,
maybe u stick to NAN? I was recommended NAN by a few pple, then when i see PD, he also recommend NAN. It is a good FM.

Nature is really funny. Just as I am half deciding to stop bf, I managed to hand express 120ml in 40min. Record for me! More effective than my pump. But my boy wasted 40ml of it. I thought he cld finish but seems cannot. Next time better ration carefully.

Wander Mum,
So is it the lumps permanent?
 
Aiyo mummies,

everytime i come in hor, no "yuan fen" with u all 1...

wonder if anyone still here or not...

dsii,

I waited for 2 hours after the massage lor den I wipe off the oil on my body... As for the binding, last nite after 6 hours of binding cannot tahan liao, so i took it off...
my tummy flatten alot even b4 i started with d massage, but my massage lady still say my stomach alot of wind...
sad.gif
but d massage shiok!

skyblue,

my massage lady charge 300 for 7 sessions... include everything but she onli can do in the morning.
 
hi Mich, can email me your massage lady's contact?
I try to get Nur, but she never return my call or sms. I think busy doing for all the rest of you mummies here.
 
Hi Kin,

Can I give it to you tomorrow bcoz i dun have her no now, bcoz i got her through her company but tot of recommending her privately bcoz she does it privately herself too. Which I didn't noe in the 1st place, i would have called her privately instead of going through her company. Then can let her earn the money herself den her company.

But jus to let u noe 1st, its better to call or sms her in the morning b4 12pm and at night after 11pm bcoz she finish work onli at 11pm.

I PM u her no 2moro?
 
YB: I also have the same sensation as u on the pelvic area... think shld be normal to feel like this.. since our pelvic area has been thru alot of work during delivery.. right?

hong: nipple shield from avent? is it called nipple protecter?

OC, i haven't post my labour story.. very lazy to write..will get it out asap...
 
Dec,
I find NAH HA doesnt smell as nice as other milk powder. i have a tin of friso1 gold dun know shld continue with mamil.

U are right abt nature leh. I can also pump out more but still not as much as u. Now, i dun even need hot compress. I just put the pump on my breast and pump.

Joan,
mum's kitchen nice? i am looking at Angeli catering.

Ann,
ur method are mean for constipation baby?

Dsii,
ur boy also taking NAH HA ah.
 
my labour story:

15/7/06

10am: at KKH for gynae appt to check on amniotic fluid as last visit the level was low and was ask to go back for check up again. THisis already my 3rd visit to check on the fluid. have already decided to induce today if gynae insist. In fact, gynae has propose to induce for 2 times already.. but i rejected as i wanted a m ore natural delivery. My gynae is afraid that bb has cord ard his neck that;s why fluid level is low. Bag already in the car, all set and ready.

11am: Confirm to admit and induce today, fluid still low.. no point monitoring since already 37week. 1.5cm dilated already

12noon: In delivery suite for prostin insertion.. strap to the CTG to monitor bb's heart beat.. feeling very hungry.. haven;t had breakfast and its already lunch time.. have to wait till 130pm then they can send lunch to me..

2pm: sent to ward to wait for dilation.. heard must wait till 10pm sigh... ask hubby to go home and wash up to prepare for battle tonight

10pm: can feel contraction, but still bearable. was send down to delivery suite for another prostin insertion However was having regular contraction so gynae decided to break waterbag and i was already 3 to 4 cm dialted

1130pm: gynae broke waterbag and i quickly ask for epidural as heard that can be very painful after waterbag burst.

1230am: epidural kicked in.. falls into deep sleep.. in heaven already..

230am: midwive came in to check, already 8cm dilated!! surprise!

330am: 10cm dilated. midwife ask me to try pushing if i feel urge to push.. push and push.. no effect.. can;t see bb's head..

4 to 5am: start to feel pain.. ask if they switched off the epidural, and i am right.. they did.. pain getting stronger.. cannot take it already.. they say by switching off then i can feel the urge to push.. oh my god!! started feeling very terrible.. inisisted they switched the epidural back.. dun care anymore.. even if i need to go for emergency c-sect. at that moment.. i thot my back is breaking already. i already started rolling on the bed..really felt very terrible..

530am: was given gas and epidural.. and finally drugs all kicks in.. and i can rest in peace liao.. fall into deep sleep again.. wat a nightmare..

7am: gynae came in.. say too long liao.. must try to get bb out.. ask me to push and push.. but still cannot...

730am: gynae propose to use forceps.. and with the help of forceps and some pushes.. Baby Elliot finally out from mummy's tummy at 736am, weighing 3.274kg he had some breathing problem and was send to check on it..

wat a relief...for me.. fall into deep sleep again...
 
Hi Jazzy,
Wat kinda of pain u feeling right now? If got a few lumps but no serious engorgement, then still have to refrain from stimulating ur breasts. Cos if u keep pumping, milk will continue to flow even though u've taken med. Once in a while, my milk wil still leak & I've got tingling sensation, but I have to try to ignore it lor...I'll apply cold cabbage/compress at night. Btw, u have to refrain from eating fish, eggs & milk now.
 
Hi Hong,
I read from the book tat green poo is also considered normal, cos the ingredients in the FM might be diff...
I just took my gal to c GP cos she's can't poo for 2days. GP said not tat serious but gave her some med to encourage pooing. Hopefuly by tonight, my gal can poo. Else I also feel bad about changing my gal's FM. My GP said normally bb need some time to get used to new FM. Mayb tis is the transition period.
 
misaryeo

i same as u gotta be induced due to low amniotic fluid leh, but when dr han proposed to induce i straight away say ok oredi cos wait few days later go back oso same result damn sian lor
my labour similar to yours also, thot my back was breaking n i was rolling in bed too..haha
BUT they didn't give me back my epidural cos gotta push bb out liao no matter wat, pain like hell
 
Hi Hong/dec pt,
good to hear that your MS has increased
happy.gif


Dec pt,
hand express doesn't work so well for me, squeeze hard that got a little. But when I am using the electriv pump, I will also massage and squeeze the breats to make the flow more. How often do you express now? I am trying to stretch the timing, now every 4hrly, will move towards 4.5 or 5hrly slowly.

Hong,
My baby is taking 1 feed of Friso everyday, currently she is ok with it. Nan better is it ?? Should I change to Nan?
 
hi any mummies did not engage massage lady? any problem if we massage our abdomen ourselves?
dat day hubby used olive oil to massage for me n really i passed out a lot of gas leh
 
Lala,
no better stick to wat u giving to ur girl. Or u change after she finishes Friso. Not alot just a bit only.

YB,
i think i monitor another day to see if she get better.
 
OC, ahhaa.. so i and u same fate.. i wanted natural lor and keep insisting natural..cos heard induce super pain.. so funny... our fate so simliar.. when u seeing dr han again?

as massage i feel it really make my tummy smaller leh.. eg.. after given birth, my tummy looked like 5 mth preg, a week later, i started the massage, my tummy shrink and now dun look preg liao.. just flabby.. however the massage lady told me to go get binder so as to maintain lah... so to me this massage does help me alot..

btw mummies, today my boy refuse to sleep leh, he is only a week plus old.. dunno wat happen.. didn;t scream much though just lie inside cot and look ard, the doze off and wake up again.. so weird..once awhile will make noise and when carry ok liao.. any mummies experiencing same thing as me? abit worried leh
 
misaryeo
im seeing dr han on 19 aug, how abt u? he actually rushed back from dinner with his parents to attend to my labour, in hawaiian shirt...haha, but he is super nice lor
my tummy also shrink liao, flabby also. MIL passed me her girdle n my fren lend me her binder too
as for your boy, dun worry too much as long as he is not in distress or crying constantly la. my gal 3 weeks also some days dun sleep much but dat day slept whole day
 
Hi misaryeo,
My gal also like tat. Sometimes she'll lay quietly on bed, but eyes open big big look around. Then doze off..sometimes she'll also make noise, but when carried will be fine.
 
OC,

I engaged Mdm Rokiah and do see my tummy becoming much smaller after the binding and massage. Probably breastfeeding also helped. As for self-massage, must be careful. Mdm Rokiah said there are some inexperienced masseurs who didn't do it properly and burst mummy's uterus. So ask your hubby not to press too hard especially if the uterus is still hard...
 
hahha.. my boy also the same.
He will lay quietly after his bath, after a while will fuss.. Once carry will stop and doze off in our arms.
 



Back
Top