I didnt wanna announce till I went to see the CC.
The reason for withdrawing her was due to the incr of sch fee (kindy). When I enrol Julian, the fee was not increase yet but in end Aug, Janelle brot back a letter from the school on the incr of fee. I cant believe my eyes! They just increase end of last year. Pre-N increase $100, end of this yr, they are going to increase another $80. That mean for the next coming yr I need to pay $630 for Julian per term and that is not incl of the material fee - $25 per term.
AS for Janelle, it was an increase of $130 in total for next yr - $530 which i think is over price for a 3hr programme.
The school reason was because they are going to introduce a computer aided teaching material for the kids and to increase teachers pays, ungrade the playground, new library material for the kids, as well as changing the furniture.
I talked to the principal. 1stly i dun see the need to introduce the new system cos I dun see how much it will benefit Janelle. Yes, the teaching staffs are very good, my kids very well taken care but I dun like to be "chop" every year. I dun know how much the kindy is going to increase by the time Janelle is K2. Furthermore, I am sending in 2. My pocket is going to burn a big hole.
I just realised my neighbour who sent her son there, also sent her son to other enrichment class. Does that mean the kinder is not teaching enough? Jan has no homework, i didnt know wat she has learnt.
My MIL has already hinted us many times to switch Jan to CC. I think she is tired of taking care of the kids and may be it is a gd reason and time for her to rest.
MTDT,
What is the impression of the CC when u 1st visit them, any of the CC? Noisy, kids crying, teacher shouting, older kids walking n running ard, the teacher trying very hard to catch the kids attention? How abt the environment? How does it smell like?
I went to a few CC last time when i want to enrol Janelle. My impression was noisy, there is a smell (smell like school). Untidy teachers, some rude and kpo students, etc...
This CC gave me a total diff scene. The kids are well-manner, I saw them greeting teachers. The kids are attentive to the teachers. All of them sit down quietly when the teacher read them story. The older kids are practising for their performance. The place is bright, aircon, clean, no funny smell. No shouting kids or teachers. The toilets are very clean. I was so impress.
I brot Jan so I asked if she is ok to come here. She agrees immediately.
As for the N1 programme, they have language, cookery, art n craft, outdoor play, dance class (stretching), Music & movement, Moral education, Creative workshop, Maths, Nature walk (forget to ask wat is this).
N2 & K1 is almost the same but K1 will have spelling, etc.
For the programme i think most CC is the same. I am more concern abt the environment and the teachers. I dun think i can access the teacher as just of today.
But the feedback from my fren, her son like the teachers, alot of good comments from her make me decided to sign up the kids there. Furthermore, I am paying the price of wat I will be paying to the kindy but is a CC and not 3hrs only.
Best part, there is school bus. I dun have to rush to pick the kids and I can work OT if i need to and my MIL agrees tat the kids will go over to her place after school for dinner.
Dsii,
can lah. I need to send in a written letter to the kindergarten lor.