(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

spicegal,

You wanna try applying breastmilk onto your bb's face? My bb also got very bad heat rashes. Have been applying fresh breastmilk onto his face a couple of times a day. The reddness have gone off quite a bit after 2 days of applying.

MOAP thanks for the advice! called TMC helpline they told me EBM which is frozen CANNOT be put down in the fridge compartment to use/store for another 48hours. better to take from freezer and thaw it and use it.

<table border=1><tr><td>Mom's nick </TD><TD>Bb's nick </TD><TD>Bb's sex </TD><TD>Bb's DOB </TD><TD>Lovenest </TD><TD>Bb's PD </TD><TD>Jab @ ? </TD><TD>Milk - TBF or FM(Brand) </TD><TD>Pump use </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline </TD><TD>Celest </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>26-May-06</TD><TD>Farrer Park</TD><TD>Dr Ong EK @ TMC SBCC</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>dor</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>04-Jun-06</TD><TD>Upper Thomson</TD><TD>Dr Terence Tan @ Mt A</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>BF + FM (Friso)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>Duffybuff </TD><TD>Jeriel Tay</TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>01-Jun-06</TD><TD>Serangoon</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Jab @ Poly</TD><TD>BF + FM (Similac)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fondue </TD><TD>Reuben </TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>23-Jun-06</TD><TD>Thomson Hills </TD><TD>Dr Ong EK @ TMC SBCC</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Medela PIS Adv </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazel </TD><TD>Jared </TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>15-May-06</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Jab @ Poly</TD><TD>FM ( Dumex Mamil Gold)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hidora</TD><TD>Isaiah</TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>20-Jun-06</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Dr Lim Kwang Hsian @ ESH</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>BF + FM</TD><TD>Avent Manual </TD></TR><TR><TD>i_panda77</TD><TD>Josh</TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>04-Jun-06</TD><TD>Bukit Timah</TD><TD>Dr Ang AT @ TMC</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>90% BF + 10% FM </TD><TD>Avent ISIS Uno </TD></TR><TR><TD>jojo </TD><TD>Vanny </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>12-Jun-06</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Jab @ Poly</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>Josephine</TD><TD>James</TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>20-Jun-06</TD><TD>Old Airport Road</TD><TD>Dr Terence Tan @ Mt A</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Avent ISIS Duo </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>Yu Jun</TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>21-Apr-06</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Dr Ong EK @ TMC SBCC</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>FM (Wyeth Gold S26)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>Missk </TD><TD>Kristanto </TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>08-Jun-06</TD><TD>JKT</TD><TD>Dr Yip YY @ GlenE</TD><TD>Jab @ GP</TD><TD>BF</TD><TD>Medela PIS Adv </TD></TR><TR><TD>MOAP</TD><TD>Ginelle</TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>23-May-06</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Avent Manual </TD></TR><TR><TD>mspiggy </TD><TD>Wesley </TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>13-Jun-06</TD><TD>AMK</TD><TD>Dr Koh @ SBCC</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>BF + FM (Frisco)</TD><TD>Ameda </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD>Zavier</TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>15-Jun-06</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Dr Keoy SS @ TMC</TD><TD>Jab @ Poly</TD><TD>TBF (standby-Enfalac A+)</TD><TD>Medela PIS Adv </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mum2b</TD><TD>Felicia</TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>16-Jun-06</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>Dr Simon Ng @ Mt A</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>BF + FM</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>okipoki </TD><TD>Chloe </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>20-Jun-06</TD><TD>Dover</TD><TD>Dr Lee CY @ Mt A</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>BF + FM</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paula </TD><TD>Kelly </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>05-Jun-06</TD><TD>CCK Cres</TD><TD>Dr Sam @ KKH TPS</TD><TD>Jab @ GP</TD><TD>BF + FM (Similac)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>poohy </TD><TD>joelle </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>22-May-06</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>Dr Terence Tan @ Mt A</TD><TD>Jab @ GP</TD><TD>BF + FM (Enfalac A+)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>soh1dful</TD><TD>Darrell</TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>30-May-06</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD>Dr William Yip @ GlenE</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>BF + FM</TD><TD>Avent Manual </TD></TR><TR><TD>Spicegal </TD><TD>Jerica Ong Ke Yu </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>08-Jun-06</TD><TD>Jurong Eest</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Jab @ GP</TD><TD>FM ( Similac)</TD><TD>Medela Mini Ele </TD></TR><TR><TD>syen27 </TD><TD>Brian </TD><TD>Male</TD><TD>23-May-06</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>Jab @ PD</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Avent Manual </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tinklebell </TD><TD>Fiona </TD><TD>Female</TD><TD>15-Jun-06</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>Dr Keoy SS @ TMC</TD><TD>Jab @ GP</TD><TD>TBF</TD><TD>Ameda </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

josephine_tan,

how to thraw it?? Then somemore my gal very inpaitent type..she will scream her head off...when the milk don rch her mouth when she is hungry. that's y she got colic...

Hi mummies,
been so busy.

Jojo/MTDT:
Same here. Always want my nipple as pacifier then can fall aslp. nowadays she keep crying, aiya i hv been so tired n lack of slp. yes after burp, sometimes it wil follow by hiccups. wondering wat is e reason?

Dor:
yaloh baby wil cry n cry non stop n so hard until e face so red. really freak me out at times. so lost after doing all the neccessary stuffs.

Water:
does u feed ur baby w water n does he/she likes it? my ger seems dun like water. how?

Vomit:
a few occassions, during burping n at e same time, my ger wil vomit the milk like merlion. Issit due to overfeeding or wind?

carebear29:
wow ur next visit wil be 1 yr later, for wat test? actually e graco stroller is my hubby used point to exchange fr co. but b4 exchange, we went to Asprisin to view e stroller first. Me too i hvnt bot car seat, oni getting later. when r u starting work?

tinklebell:
i hv ordered from Sweet surprise for my baby shower gifts. probably wil try to take a pic for you when i receive e gifts
happy.gif
u can request to view e samples, i viewed e samples liao very nice even both mums also love it.

red rashes on face:
wat is those red rashes on my ger's face? issit heat rash? wat can help to cure it?

Hello Mummies,

Re. Babies Growth Spurt
I checked with the PD this afternoon and according to him, if we are BFing our baby, we have to feed as and when the baby is hungry. However, if we are bottle feeding our baby, we should up the intake to 90ml (Similac 1.5 spoon) when they turns one month old. That should lengthen the feeding interval. I tried it just now and it seems to work will be assessing the 11pm feed.

Fondue,

I got the Blessings package from Choz. Nice packaging and the tarts are good. Received many calls from our business associates saying that tarts taste good.

Re: 6-in-1 Jab
My PD told me that polyclinic is offering the 6-in-1 jab am going to check it out tomorrow.

Kite,

Hiccups.. yes, after burping at times, my bb will be having hiccups. Guess got air go in, that's why?

Water.. babies dun love water haha because it is tasteless to them. But if u really want ur bb to drink water, got to start now and have patience. My bb only able to take in less than 30 ml of water each day. Now she is able to take in 100 ml at one go. Trick: Between feeds if bb hungry, feed water instead of milk. BUT then if u are on TBF, may not have much chance to do so, because ur bb should need feed every 2 hrs. Mine on TFM, so need feed at 3 hrs interval. So in between if she is awake, refuse to sleep, wanna play, and make noise, i can take the chance to feed her water
happy.gif

Vomit.. looks like ur bb has regurgitation problem too? Mine too. Even till now. But these few days situation improve a lot liao!! So must have patience too. Trick: (1) Make the milk warmer, if u feed her with FM. (2) Burp the bb before feed. Burp the bb after feed. Incline the bb 45 degrees for at least 30 min. It does help. The main thing is, try not to let bb stay in horizontal position straight after feed. The milk will flow up from stomach to throat and cause vomitting.

red rashes.. heat rash.. my bb has heat rash on and off these days.. so i apply hazeline whenever i see them.. and it goes off the next day.

hello fondue

I am also PIS. How has it been for you? How do you manage to pump 3x per day? I really admire you for being able to express 180 ml each time. I can only manage 80ml.

hihi Dor

Think you better dun call him on his mobile cos he only entertains babies with bigger problems, eg. preemies, etc. You can try calling the clinic and tell them you have been waiting for reply for a long time.

hihi missk
I have been using the pillows, got 5 of them! Are you using too?

hihi kite
You can mix a little milk powder or breastmilk to give a little bit of taste initially. some mummies told me that.
happy.gif
How much is ya baby drinking? If they overfeed, they will vomit a lot too. Once a while is alright.

kk, Good Morn!
Aiyo... dont call us aunty lah :p

Spicegal,
i think the old hope of losing wt is to exercise and eat healthily... i use those abdominal wraps too but doesnt seem to help lose any wt.

fondue,
Congrats! No, it's never too late to post your birth story.
Re: Ameda pump
Assembling the pump is easy. There r only 3 parts that need to be sterilised - 1) Funnel; 2) Valve and the bottle. Fix that to the bellow and tighten the cap. The cap has a tube linking to the base set (and u need to only connect it once).
Transporting around - i find it ok..except that i must warn u that the adapter is quite heavy and if u run it on batteries (with intensive pumping), it uses up 6 batteries in 3 days!!!
Washing/sterilizing? - only the 3 parts i mention above. But i heard that the valve breaks easily and it is expensive to replace. So, u have to be careful when removing them.
Is it easy to use? - very easy and best thing is that u save time bec it only takes ard 10 mins to express both sides.

Kite,
I hope it is nice... i'm thinking of getting myself one set but additional delivery point is $10 extra, right? Actually, i decided to use them bec i like the box :p and the price is reasonable. Would have preferred Treasure Box if not for the box bec i prefer Kit Kat chocolates to Van Houten chocolates...hahaha.

moap,
my bb also has "pimples" - 3 of them! one has cleared.

Hi Missk,
After I started on the PIS, i didn't go back to the avent manual any more. I now pump one breast and then for the other leaking breast I just hold a bottle to collect drippings. Somehow for 2 sided pump, only the right side breast is pumped well, the left breast suction not good so that's why I pump 1 side at a time.

The PIS is OK, not to difficult to clean &amp; assemble at home, but wonder how for going back to work. Now I take 30 mins to assemble &amp; pump then need time to wash &amp; sterilize...

I let BB suckle me from 1st day even tho no milk. Coloustrum came on the 3rd day between 48hrs &amp; 60hrs after delivery. At first I din drink enough &amp; scared of peeing coz of stitches so my feet got swollen. After 5 days my bb went to TMC for jaundice therapy 2 days so I stayed in the BFeeding room to pump &amp; give EBM to nurses. during the stay I think he only had 1 feed of formula. Aft dinner I pumped at home 1 more time &amp; hubby drove me to deliver milk.

I just thank God for answering my prayer for milk supply. Even the nurses also surprised that I delivered milk and at least my MIL &amp; nanny won't make remarks about the supply.

If you pump &amp; suckle more often, your supply will increase after a couple of days.

Continue to have patience &amp; persevere, after all, EBM is free of charge and if you direct feed, it will for sure be sterile.

sunshine,

Re: Fenugreek

Fenugreek and Breastfeeding
Fenugreek seeds contain hormone precursors that increase milk supply. Scientists do not know for sure how this happens. Some believe it is possible because breasts are modified sweat glands, and fenugreek stimulates sweat production. It has been found that fenugreek can increase a nursing mother's milk supply within 24 to 72 hours after first taking the herb. Once an adequate level of milk production is reached, most women can discontinue the fenugreek and maintain the milk supply with adequate breast stimulation. Many women today take fenugreek in a pill form (ground seeds placed in capsules). The pills can be found at most vitamin and nutrition stores and at many supermarkets and natural foods stores. Fenugreek can also be taken in tea form, although tea is believed to be less potent than the pills and the tea comes with a bitter taste that can be hard to stomach. Fenugreek is not right for everyone. The herb has caused aggravated asthma symptoms in some women and has lowered blood glucose levels in some women with diabetes.

i understand tat Avent isis duo do have not batteries pack. so if u need to go back to work and dun hv wall socket, it will be v inconvenient.

duffybuff: EBM
room temperature (25 d/c) - 4 hours

fondue:
I'm also using PIS. but results not as good as yours.
how long do you pump each time?
how much do you turn the power to?

MTDT,
hi, met you on Monday at Parentcraft. if U still recall.

How are things with you?
are you still going back for any followup session?

hi sunflower,
but i hv warmed the EBM that was stored in fridge earlier.. so after warming up, how long can i leave it outside? still 4 hrs? or must be consumed immediately?

hi fondue,
i ordered from caterer- chilli padi for my bb's full mth last sat - high tea. their signature dish is mee siam/ laksa. their kueh kueh oso quite good... my relatives like their soon kueh and chives dumplings. paid $9 for min 35 pax

re: fenugreek
i've started taking the pills for last 2 days.. seems like today milk increased slightly.. will monitor again. but think must also consume more fluid to keep milk coming
happy.gif
so drinking plenty of water and honey now.

hi paula,
polyclinic dun hv 6-in-1 jab. they hv only the 5-in-1 jab cos i asked them 2 days ago when i brought my bb for his 2nd hep B jab.

hi sunflower... how u know it's me? ;p

i am not going back. mrs wong massage for me and says tat my case is fine. just rem to keep massaging and pump will do. she says my lumps are 'not serious'. v diff from wat G told me hor... :p

i also bought PIS liao! :p
today after latching my boy, i managed to pump 40-50ml. happy! usually when i use the avent manual, i only manage to pump 20ml. :p

hi MTDT,
saw the list. remembered your boy called Zavier.
;)
ya, saw your pump used is PIS. heehee, you acted fast. not so tiring now isi't

how long did you stayed that day?
aiyoh, i was thinking if i had to stay for another minute, i'm going to cry. so tired.
never expect to last so long.

wanted mrs wong to give an assesment for me but she seemed so busy tat day
sad.gif

last fri when i went. mrs wong will check for the mummies b4 we leave.

duffybuff :
not too sure for warmed EBM.

I know once thawed cannot be frozen again.
so better to consume immediately after warming.

sunflower - i stayed till abt 2pm!

glad tat i was assessed by mrs wong. if not i wld hv tot tat my case is v bad. :p ya, the tot of G going to massage for me, i also wan to cry. my breast were "aching" for 2 days after the massage!
sad.gif

so how r u? urs better? when u going back?
i notice tat mrs wong will be 'free' during lunch time. maybe ur next appt dun be so early, start like ard 11am... hopefully will meet mrs wong. :p

mtdt

wah 2pm.. then you had late lunch lor.
hee or was it included ;p

mine still not so good. got v.bad engorgement last 2 days. trying to clear it.
eeee... the thought of stepping into that room
is enough to freak me out. vv pain leh.

so i'm trying to clear the lumps on my own 1st.
worst case then have to go back.. sobsob

thanks, MTDT. I don't have any plan to go back to work soon, so that's not a problem for me. i kinda like avent's suction, compared to medela (mine is mini electric). avent is gentler i feel..

re: baby's sleeping, feeding and bathing routine for BF baby
do u gals set routines for the above? how?
my MS is not established yet so it's v difficult to set routines as my bb would suckle for a few inutes then sleep, then wake up, suckle again, etc etc, can take a few hours! so it's hard to predict the feeding time, which also affect sleeping time..
sad.gif

missk,pebbles :

do you place the beansprout pillow entirely on
baby's stomach?

my CL say that heavy for baby, not to put all direct. only put a potion on baby's lower body.

sunflower - late lunch loh.
somemore, mrs wong was eating and talking to the moms there! hahahaah...

ya, i also scare to go back! hahaha :p

Tinklebell &amp; Medusa...thanks for your reply...I guess diet and exercise is the way to losing more weight..

Hidora..thanks..will try BM on her face..keke..

Hi All ,

just to check with those mummies give birth via c section , u will choose a date n go for c section rite , then admitted that day , do u all still put on make up and go hospital ? then reach hospital then wash off make up ? cos during c section , not allow to wear make up n nail polish all those issit ? pls provide me more info =p

thank so much !

MTDT -
huh..she ate in front of all the mummies.. you never tell her you were there since morning.
i was so hungry by the time I got back home and
that was around 1230.

actually I quite like TMC confinement meals.
did you take their confinement meals when you in hospital?

hi white lady,
Yes, make up and nail polish got to be removed
happy.gif

For when to get admitted, it depends on the time of the surgery too. If surgery is early in the morning, then will be admitted thte nite before at about midnite. Admission usually gotta be 6 hours before surgery.
You can remove your make up at the hospital. I do not put on make up and go hospital though...

Re: caterer

Anyone had mum's kitchen before ?? Any idea how is the food portion ??

Aside neogarden, any other recommendation ?

Thanks.
happy.gif

hahhaa... ya lah!

they all tabao lunch back. so grace, mrs wong everyone was eating and talking to us!
ya, actually i like TMC food! :p

put makeup to go hosptial - for wat?
i din also... infact, i bathe, wash hair make sure i super clean before i report to TMC.

kite,
I dun feed water cos my boy is totally breast fed.
From the book I am reading, overfeeding can cause vomitting.
For heat rash, when I put my boy in air-con room, the rashes will be gone
happy.gif

MTDT,
I am just wondering, after latching on baby, then pump, does your baby finish the EBM or you store them in the freezer?? My boy cannot finish the EBM
sad.gif

tat's why usu i dun pump, becos no chance to give EBM! ;p

but since i am starting massage tomolo, tot it will be good to hv some EBM. then my mom can give EBM if need

purple sage - nice. i used them for my ROM &amp; housewarming. but their food portion not alot. so dun undercater hor.
happy.gif

okipoki &amp; MTDT...i ordered from Neogarden last Sat...they will provide additional 10% food portion according to your order...however i had lots of food leftover due to no shows and small eaters...so quite difficult to judge the portions really..

I ordered from deluxe menu...cost $11.50 per pax...rendang chicken, fried bee hoon, cereal fish, steamed siew mai, choc eclair and seacoconut with longan is good. Let them know that you are ordering for bb full month celebration...can get another 20% discount.

hey sunflower

I havent bought the bean sprout pillow yet. It's rather ex huh?

Well, my MS is erratic. Sigh! I just started taking Fenugreek. Hopefully, the situation will improve. I will keep you posted.

Btw, how old is your bb?

Hi Sunflower,
re PIS pump
my min-max knob for suction strength is very low may be 1 third between 11 oclock &amp; 12 oclock. the frequency is either 1 or 2.
I usually fill up 2 glass bottles and this takes about half an hour from the time I assemble til I bring bottles for washing. I pump 1 breast at a time - nowadays pump only the left breast and feed bb with right breast.

Yesterday I managed to direct breastfeed more so I think I only pumped twice. The minute I take off bra, i will start leaking. aiyoh so messy.

Desides drinking lots of fluids &amp; trying papaya fish soup ... do you have a warm drink before pumping and use a warm towel around the breast then massage the breasts firmly using your palm? This was the advice from the TMC infantcare &amp; BF class.
if the breasts feel painful, the I think all the more must massage that spot. While pumping I also stop to massage.

Back