(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

hi duffy

I bought at GNC abd they often have promotions, something like buy the second one @ half price. The other time there was a bulk purchase on the thread and it was a good bargain from Drugstore.
You can read the link below
happy.gif

http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/all_about_fenugreek.html

Hi Ladies !!

Is a hot afternoon... perspiring like siao !! Finally, hubby went to register birth for my ger @ ICA & it was very crowded. Josephine, Hidora etc hv u register for u bb ?

Hi okipoki,

Agreed! Is such a hot day. Was already perspiring right away after out from the bathroom. Suppose to wipe body only but end up splashing water on it. Can't tahan.

eeh y jundice is measure in 10? i went poly for blood test result is 171 leh..GP doc say is normal..
Izit true? how come got diff reading wan

zita,
it's another form of measurement, but i'm not sure how to convert.

sunshine,
i'm been taking daily shower since week 2. too hot cant take it. broke alot of confinement 'rules' hehehe

tinklebell,
I'm not sure if GNC fenugreek is effective or not- I already started taking when in hospital.

3rd wk spurt-
oh dear then next wk I will suffer! My boy only 2+wk... these few days then started 3hrly/ 4hrly interval at night (1hrly/ 2hrly interval in day).

josephine,

I started after my stitches removed. That was around 10 days after delivery. I had no intention to bathe that time, only wanted to wash hair because cannot tahan liao, too oily. But end up water end up everywhere on body, so might as well bathe hahaa.. so that's when bathing started for me :p

Sticky stuff.. didn't deliberately remove it.. now no longer sticky liao.. all dropped.

thanks KK!
i remove stiches already too, today then took away plaster. Tempted to bathe, but scared will wet the wound too much, still healing - reddish.

do you put shower gel and stuff like normal bathing since day 10?

medusa n serene, can share how to ask maya for discount?? she is doing the massage for me now, thinking of extending it to 10 sessions... find her services good.. tks alot..

hmm.. talking abt maids. i juz heard a horrible story.. this maid has been with the owner for 2 yrs, the owner finds the maid very good and wants to extend her services for another 2 yrs.. but b4 this maid starts her services for next 2 yrs, the owner allows the maid to go back to hometown..

Then durign the maid's absence, one day, the owner's 4-yr old son asks the owner whether want to play with his penis!!! the owner was so shocked n asked the son who taught him.. the son told the mom the maid always plays his bird bird when free, he likes it.. if maid not free, he will play on his own..

then later, the owner was breastfeeding her another child, the same 4-yr old son wants to touch the mom's nipple.. the mom told the son can't.. the son said y cant cos the maid always let him "turn the radio" whenever the maid bathes together with the son..

Gosh.. so scary considering that this maid has been with the owner for 2 yrs and the owner finds the maid good somemore.. so have to be extra careful even if ur maid is good cos u never know what they are doing behind your back..

sunshine,
i just had my 1st bathe yesterday after given birth.. wahhh it was such a relieved & just like a small kid. my CL advised me not to wash my hair daily probably alternate days.
happy.gif
i broke alot of confinement rules liao... no fan ?? now the fan is blowing at me tho' not directly... long pants ??? cant stand at such weather... hehehe..

lyn,
u mentioned that u bought something for short nipple ??? saw avent is selling this niplette.. are u refering to this ?

peng,
**faintz** Ya, you never know what the maid will do behind your back... And all these "teachings" will be deeply etched inside kids' brains till their adulthood.
I have a nephew who was looked after by maid from birth till 3 years old. Now he's 8 years old. I am worried he will become "se lang" next time cos when he sees gals now, he will want to touch... I suspect he was sexually abused by the maid. This kid fell down from the table onto the floor when he was a few months old. The elder brother told the mum, and got pinched by the maid behind...

josephine,
I started shower at 14 days
happy.gif
I think if stitches removed, should be no problem about wetting the wound. Just remember to wipe it dry. I still clean my wound with antiseptic solution and cream...

Growth spurt:
I think there's a growth spurt at week 3, then week 4... My boy just had frequent feedings last week. This week, week 5, another growth spurt. Last nite, fed him every 1.5hr - 2 hrs. This afternoon, I fed him at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3.30pm, 4.30pm... aiyo.. my nipples are so sore... Now waiting for him to wake up for next feed.

Hi zita27,

Ya, the jaundice measurement got 2 types. The one used by hospital and PD is in 10. But polyclinic is in 100. To covert, divide/mulitply by 17. For example, the polyclinic blood test shows 251, to convert divide 251/17 = 14.6.

The polyclinic said the normal level is only 20. But dun worry, 171 is considered pretty low for new born baby.

Hi okipoki,

Hee... me too. I last week still wearing long pants then this week I dun care liow. Then start to wash hair on last sunday, on the 10th day of confinement. So shiok but now after 2 days starting to get sticky again cos I have been perspiring all day long.
sad.gif

Really counting down to confinement to be over. But today only the 13th day leh.

Josephine,

Yah! I bathe with normal shower foam with the herbal water lor hee.. hair also normal shampoo
happy.gif

My wound was protected by a tape after removing stitches for 3 days. After that i continued bathing with no protection over it. Think it is alright lah! Dun worry
happy.gif

tinklebell

ur description on ur son is exactly like my niece..keke. when i settle down w my ger, she go to her and shout 'mei mei' mei mei... OMG.. she wakes up n cry again. I m so tired n dun hv time to rest durin confinment cos my niece always cling to my mom to be carried as she noes my mom will carry my ger. sigh....

now after confinement, i feel my joints start to ache lei. cham liao la.

pebbles
u had Dr terence tan mobile? can you give me? Callin the nurse is no use... either they nvr pass the massage or wat.. arrgghh

mspiggy
thks for the contact. i m thinkin to get the maxi cosi but quite ex n dun last long...

Josephine,

Ya she getting cuter and cuter everyday heee.. and talk a lot too!! Yesterday i was so busy with work, and she still talked and talked and talked to me, until i very fed up haha.

peng,
i simply said she's recommended, can she discount to $600/ 10 sessions?

sigh, my wtloss stagnant! still 59/ 60kg!

medusa,

My weight loss has been stagnant for long long time liao.. haha.. dun seem to be any improvement. And worse still, appetite so good nowadays, eat already gain weight somemore. i think i am getting back the weight i lost during confinement.

i still have 5kg to lose as well, but my appetite is so good for every meal. I console myself say eating for bb (TBF) but very worried cannot lose the extra calories later!

Morning ladies,

All of u are having good appetite whereas for me I am not having any since my "engorgement days".. Worst part my supply is getting lower & lower.. beside drinking plenty of water, soup, latch what others ways to increase the supply ?

kk, josephine,
I was 70kg at fullterm, lost 10kg (mostly bb and water lah- bb alone 3.8kg mah) 1 wk post-delivery. Then no progress, sigh. Am also TBF and not pigging out leh.
sad.gif

tinklebell,
maya used the electro-something for your waist in beginning of massage? I'm wondering if effective, quite desperate to lose inches/ wt... thinking of buying it (I think Osim/ Oto these places sell it, my gf has one).

c-sect can't use it on abdomen for some time yet, I think. Can't use the Oto Trimax/ Osim Uzap.
sad.gif

Medusa
I am not sure how effective the Osim electric current thing for slimming. But it certainly helps to relax the muscles.

Hee hee ... i also trying desperately to lose wt esp since i had a wedding invitation to go to in 3rd week of Jul... feel so fat now that i dont even want to step out of home :p

Losing wt is really difficult
sad.gif
my fren told me to try a diet of soupy stuff (with mainly fish) with no salt and no oil. She did it, and managed to lose her wt 2 weeks after birth! I will try that after my CL leaves
happy.gif

tks medusa.. i will try to ask her for discount..

tinkle, r u going to cont maya's services?? me thinking of extending it to 10 sessions. but heartpain cos considering that i have previously paid for 10 sessions by another massasuer.. but maya is real good.. help me to get rid of alot of water retention..but then i m still fat.. sob sob..

lyn, yeah..some maids r real scary..

okipoki,
u r expressing only right?
u using electric pump? what i do is to let the pump run for ard 5-8 mins, then walk ard and relax for another 5 min or so, then come back and let it run for another 5-8 mins. i find that if i do that, i can express more leh.

The other thing is to religiously chart down your pumping schedule. Even at nite. I set my alarm clock to wake up every 4 hrs to express. V sian but i find that doing so gives me enuf suply to TBF my bb.

peng,
massage v expensive leh! seriously, i dont think i can go down further with the massage though i think it is quite shiok..thinking of using the money to buy U-Zap or Otto Trimax :p and going to do my hair, eye lashes extension etc etc....kekeke... havent been so vain for so many mths liao :p

okipoki,

Have registered bb' birth cert, including the bb bonus, all done. Did it at the Eastshore as they provide a one stop service.

How about trying out fenugreek to help increase breastmilk? There's a brand in Guardian named Green Life is hving 20% d/c for fenugreek. Abt $20 per bottle. It has 620mg as compared to 610mg from GNC.

I'm currently taking that now. Got slight increase in ms. I'm thinking of trying Motherlove's More Milk Plus capsules too..

http://www.ahomeonearth.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=44_42&products_id=39&osCsid=b06b7cf04e4f21d53616881cd0f19c4e

Tks sunshine...

megan, no they dont provide..need to bring own stuff for baby when discharge..

Any mtb can pm me contact for good massage lady? cause me whole body aching liao....heehee

tinklebell, peng,
eh the massage relaxing ah? I think I have low threshold for pain- I get very tense when she uses *strength*, yikes. I'm not sure abt the "squeeze out water" part- like most HBs... I think it's her lotions forming chemical reaction rather, than oozing out of my own body.

tinklebell,
y do u hav to set alarm 4hrly at nite? Bb doesn't wake up to latch? My bb waking 2-4hrly at nite... if he doesn't wake up on his own after 4hrs, I automatically wake due to engorgement. Then I'd wake him to feed, haha. :p

Medusa, Tinklebell & Peng...may i know how much weight have you gals lose thru maya's massage? I am thinking of signing up for her package but scared no effect on me...now almost 1 mth after my delivery..did not call for massage earlier cos i had c-sect...

medusa
Right now, my CL is doing the nite feeds for me so that's why i express rather than let my bb latch at nite.

spicegal,
i lost 1kg thru 5 sessions of massage. After the first 2 sessions, no more wt loss.

Tinklebell..huh...die lah...i am very big sized leh...now still left with a bulging tummy...dun know how to lose all that flab...now everyday strap on tummy binder also not much effect leh...chiarm..

kk..Yu Jun is very cute...chubby chubby...feel like pinching her cheeks...

Btw...earlier posting some mums recommended stout mixed with water to cure heat rash...may i know how much stout to how much water? how many times must we clean daily? My gal has heat rash on her face now...i see already very heart pain...besides the stout method..any mums know what other creams can help?

spicegal,
hmm I think postnatal massage is more for the binding-tummy effect and to "align" your body properly leh... not so sure if I'm supposed to lose kgs from it. I'm only on 3rd day of massage so can't tell any kg loss. HB claims my waist smaller but hor, my HB will say anything to discourage me from paying/ buying wtloss stuff.

hi anyone has any idea how long EBM in freezer once moved down to fridge can store for how long, or better to use direct from freezer don't move down to fridge?

Hi mummies,

long long time never chat aready...my gal havent take her 6-in 1 jab as she got flu... then she throw up milk more often as she got blocked nose... her intake of EBM is 100ml per feed..does anyone knw weather that is enough for her a not ... her weight at 6 weeks is 5.5kg...

100ml sounds reasonable MOAP

not thaw... EBM in freezer - thinking of moving it down to the fridge commpartment - wondering can keep for how long before i have to use it. Or should i just use the EBM from the freezer directly to feed. Was thinkg of rotating the milk, fresh milk put in freezer, the older EBM in freezer move down to fridge to use..

Hi Mummies,
I urgently need your help & recommendations on Full Month caterer for lunch or high tea
Let me know what signature dishes you like from the caterer you recommend

and also if possible, which cake shop to order cake and what flavour you found good.

Hi Mspiggy and Tinklebell,
Are yall using the Ameda electric pump?
How do you find assembling the pump, transporting around and washing/sterilizing?
Is it easy to use?
thanks

Hi Mummies,
Is it too late for me to announce my birthing?
My baby is 11 days old today.

Really admire all you who have time to post to the forum.
Didnt have time til now life has been so luan since coming home

Mom: Fondue
bb: Reuben
Sex: Male
birthed on Fri 23 June 1:45am EXACTLY on EDD
Mom's weight at 40weeks: 13kg over normal
Reuben was 3.07kg on birth
Head circumference 32cm
Length 50cm

Short Birth Story -
Thu 15 - Thu 22 June: Cramps building up. 30mins to 10mins apart lasting about half minute. Still went to work during this time. Last 2 nights slept on all 4's or walked around.

Thu 22: 12pm checkup with Gynae 3cm dilated.
Went home anyway to clear work & have dinner
In the evening, contractions were 2 mins apart lasting 1minute long. Walked around bedroom.
Went to TMC at 9pm. At 10pm was 5cm dilated
After VE, waters released.
After trying different birthing positions like side lying, standing, birth stool, squatting, and breathing thru contractions that came 5 in a row, Reuben was born at 1:45am.
Birthing was Natural & drug free no induction, no pain killers, no episiotomy, Natural 2nd degree tear. but V tiring lah coz didn't relax enough.

Lovenest: Thomson Hills
BBs Pead: Ong Eng Keow TMC
Milk: TBF
Pump: Medela PIS

Been feeding avg 80mls EBM per feed if by bottle every 4hrs, else by breast then more often and supplement with EBM coz tired out by struggling BB who needs to burp/fart.
Pump avg 3 times a day, 180mls each pump.

Back