(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

lyn,

I read that book and the age gap recommendation when J was already borned too. Their age gap was only 14 months. I kept feeling I had shortchanged both of them. I still feel this way at times... but I guess I just do my best lor... Nurture them as much as possible within my ability and stamina. And most of all, love each child with all my heart.. I think that much we can still do for our children.

I kept the checkerboard too! Can reuse for my no.3 liao.
 


poohy,
hahaha... Better keep them! It's hard work and time consuming to make one hor...
I also kept the crawling track. Might dismantle it and not use it anymore. No time also, and gotta clear the storeroom for maid. And my gals can actually crawl and flip from tummy to back already! They are sleeping on latex mattress. I guess that surface is good for crawling.
 
MTDT: I just called them to ask about it. Procedure is: I have to email them to say I withdraw, then they will refund the deposit. Apparently, not continuing class for the next term does not equate to withdrawal! Also, to withdraw, must email them within the 1st 8 weeks of each term. You did all these? I tot never continue = withdraw liao so din do anything at all :p

Lyn: Not sure if I misread, but tot you're going back to your parents' place in JB together with A, B & C? Only A going over? You're definitely miss him. I missed ER terribly when I had to go overseas for 1 week. Btw, where did you get your SM books from? You are really knowledgable on how to nurture children 8)
 
hello mummies

wow lyn! that's fast! before you know it, the gals can crawl liao. ke ke.. i never tot a crawling track was useful, at least, for J. in theory, it seemed to be a good device, in practise, not very le....

just came back from visit to Cardiac Surgeon - my FIL will do his op one day after J's BD... he'll get a tissue valve replaced... pray all will be well. glad we went for a second opinion. some differing opinion we received...

on top of this stressful issue, i have to make some impt decisions this month - whether to go to US, whether to rent out my place, and if i decide to go later, whether to move to another smaller place, and bringing my maid to US... just checked... i need to meet the min wage level and pay federal tax and social security tax, easily come up to USD1.5K a month... and that does not include airfares, food, lodging... faint!
 
toto,

wow bringing maid to USA seemed to be very costly affair. Maybe can explore getting a nanny there instead...
 
toto,
all the best for your fil's surgery.
will you be working in US? Maybe can explore child care instead of maid there?
 
poohy, mspiggy, mum2B - i intend to place J at cc... but tot it would be nice if someone can help with housework, given i will be working... maybe i have to explore other options...
 
poohy,
They slept on side while at hospital. Then come home, sleep on tummy. I dunno is it gals are faster, or maybe it's the wonder of lecithin. You remember to take lecithin granules ya?
happy.gif
Lecithin is a brain food too. Shichida published a book just on the goodness of lecithin. And it seems like a cheaper version of Indinine to me. kekeke...
A also slept on tummy when back from hospital, but he did not crawl so soon. He started to flip from back to tummy at two weeks old, but I "took away" the opportunity cos I was shocked. And he forgotten till 2 months plus.


rodeo,
Wil be going in May when my hubby goes for reservist. B n C havent got their passport.
I get the books from Mahayuyi at Bras Basah. They are all in Chinese.


toto,
The crawling track takes up lots of space. Dun think I will be using it already. My living room got not much space now. I think we can find alternative to crawling track. What I learnt about the most important ingredient for crawling at this stage is the surface.

Hope your FIL will recover soon. Did the doctor mention about the risk of body rejection for the tissue valve? Pray that everything will go smoothly as planned...

Wow... having a maid in US is so expensive!


mspiggy, vivi,
Maybe next time you all can try Lecithin... Then see if the results the same... ;)
 
lyn,
wow all of ur kids are v strong physically
happy.gif
f started to flip at 9 weeks last time.
lecithin: i only sprinkle a bit in f's meal last time, is this the correct method?
wondering why shichida never published his books in english..
sad.gif
 
lyn,

where do I get lecithin granules? What's the quantity to be taken each day? I had been wanting to ask u...
happy.gif
Can give to my older kids?
happy.gif
 
<font face="tahoma"> lyn,
how do you take lecithin granules ?? go with food? or comes in pill form ? very SK!!! :p</font>
 
Lyn: Thanks for the book source. Err, is Mahayuyi the name of the bookshop?

Re: Lecithin
I've seen it in organic shops, written good for brain. But like mspiggy, duno how it's to be eaten! Hehe...
 
mum2B,
Yes, sprinkle on food. Just make sure it's not boiling hot. I feed A direct and he loves it
happy.gif
Used to add to his oatmeal. Whenever I said lecithin in his oatmeal, he will be very eager to eat. Then my MIL started to "bluff" him lecithin in his food whenever he dun wanna eat and there's no lecithin in there
sad.gif
When I really put and tell him lecithin, he dun believe already.


poohy,
Can get from Natures Farm or NTUC. Natures Farm one getting more expensive though.
For me, when pregnant, I took 2 teaspoon full everytime. Towards the end of pregnancy (last week), I took 3 teaspoon full daily.
I feed A half teaspoon daily. It can increase immune system too
happy.gif
Another brain food is wheatgerm but I dun like the taste :p only take on and off.


mspiggy, rodeo,
Just eat and drink water, or add to oatmeal or soup.
 
hi gals

been reading the posts but not free to post. hehehehe....

finally, here is Baby Shannon
happy.gif


1363530.jpg


Re: milk intake

how much are ur toddlers drinkin now at nite? Mandy been asking for milk for the past 3 wks after she recovered frm her fever. She can drink 180- 200ml at abt 8plus to 9pm. Then after awhile.. ask for more like 150ml and before she sleeps (now she sleeps at 11 plus), she still wan... I hv increased her milk to 240ml at 9pm, hopin she wont ask so many times, but she cant finish. would juzt stop at 200ml. She does hv constipation so i tried to reduce the FM for the 2nd n 3rd feed. ...even gv her prune juice to allow her to pass motion... sigh... dunno wat to do with her.

Paula
kelly is certainly picking up things fast. well done, mummy.
happy.gif


mspiggy
u lookin playgrp for wes? i m placing Mandy to playgrp @ Kidz Montessori Enrichment centre near my nanny's place at Sin Ming comin June.
happy.gif

Gotta let her hv some fun. I hv asked her if she wants to go to school. She says YES.. but not sure if she understands wat i meant. hehehe.
 
MTDT, poohy, paula, lyn,

call mindchamps that you are interested for class. I called them last week, they say don't have class for our tots' age group yet. So if more show interest, maybe they can put up something for us - JUNE mummies!!!
happy.gif
that will be fun!


mtdt,

yes. am going but starting in jun/jul.
how about you?
 
Vivi - u confirm ur class at mandeville? then we might meet at class
happy.gif


Lyn - wow... wonderful gals huh!
This Lecithin thingy like really wonder food.
happy.gif


DOR - WOW!!!BB S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHUBBY!! looks like M huh.
happy.gif


Toto: all the best for your fil's surgery.

Rodeo - huh? u never withdrawl? then u only stop paying n din go huh?
 
sunflower - sorry, forgot wat i ask u. going where in jun/jul?? hahaha

Mindchamps - tink my fren is their "sales" person there. maybe i check with him :p
 
u called v early to registered huh!
happy.gif


I only went 2weeks ago... and the next class is aug... anyway 4pm also not ideal for me
happy.gif


feedback after u start class
happy.gif
 
yeah... i saw the class last week.
1 teacher + 1 assist teacher
the kids really seems to be having fun... they were laughing, dancing, holding hands and jumping in circles etc. and can identify note c and d very easily
happy.gif


I stood there n watch for like 15mins before deciding. and best is they only have 1 teacher for this class... so the standard is confirm.

For those tat like Seimpi - heard tat only 1 master teacher is good... the rest like CMI. I went trial at parkway by teacher Maria, hmm.. kinda of boring. ;p
 
Yeah... i registered for aug class, waitlist for oct class :p

becos 2pm is zav's nap time... so i am still considering to go for aug or oct hehehe
 
Cutiezayn, I see...will check and confirm with them when its time to place order. Thanks.

Lyn, wah so fast your girls can flip already...so cute! So you think its the lecithin granules huh...hmmm...must ask the preggie mummies to try and feedback.
happy.gif


Dor, little Shannon is such a pretty and adorable baby! Looks like Mandy.
biggrin.gif


MTDT, passed by popular and saw the memory game, opened the box to take a look but not sure how to play...Kite, is it good?
 
lyn,
thanks. u give direct as in the spoon and give to A without any other food?
when you really give lecithin in his food, slowly he'll trust that again
happy.gif

yes wheat germ has that raw taste.
btw do u still give other grains to A like quinoa, millet etc? now that f is not eating porridge, i dunno how to incorporate those grains in her meals. tried cooking it with rice in rice cooker, but no use coz she doesn't even like rice on its own. she prefers pasta n tofu/taukwa (though it's not carbo food).
SM has a seminar on healthy food this may, dunno if it's worth it to attend. scared more or less the content is similar to super baby food book?
 
spicegal,

There are 2 magnetic boards, 2 set of 2x15 pieces of pictures and a set of pre-printed memory cards.

You can take out the pictures as shown in 1 memory card, show the memory card, keep it and ask your gal to so the same on the magnetic board.

Alternatively, you do your own on 1 board and ask gal to follow and do on the other board.
 
spicegal - the behind of the box hv explanation of 4 ways to play. (but all written in chinese lah.)

Yesterday I bought a ABC jigsaw for zav... then he immediately started pointing n sing ABC song... (like how SM used to sing with the green chart) Zav seems to remember alot of "SM" activities. :p Maybe i really shouldnt have stop his SM class :p
 
mtdt,

know what, think I never flip back and see the instructions haha... :p

hey mummies,
just realised this morning! 1st May is PH right??
Shall we have a gathering ?
venue: Botanic garden for a super large group picnic, outdoor fun &amp; play.
My place for a small scale gathering
Other places? where kids can play &amp; adults eat &amp; chat haha...
 
Dor,

B shannon looks like Mandy. SO adorable.


Sunflower,

I almost wanna sigh up for the june class but timing not rite.

MTDT,

Ya confirmed my class already. Think better dun be in the same class. Cos my boy very noisy one. During registration, my boy was playing very loudly there. And the stuff asked if he is the one that im signing up. Then she laughs.. Think she scared. But not to mention i lagi scared! Sigh!
 
vivi,

aiya, why not jun class?
sad.gif
Then we can go together
MTDT, you le??
happy.gif



hey mummies,
re:1st May gathering,
Let me know your preferences &amp; votes, I may only come in later in the day.
Have a great day!!
happy.gif
 
sunflower, cos D has his SM class at 2.30 so like very rush. So in the end we took the Aug, 2 pm class. And guess wat the routine will be back. Juz like how i rush to aqua ducks then back home for D to eat and sleep then rush off to attend SM Class.


this time round, rush to SM class at 8.45 then home and let him have his lunch and sleep then rush to Music class.

Sigh!
 
spicegal,
I think it is the lecithin granules. I did almost everything the same when I had A, except I took lecithin granules religiously when I was pregnant with B n C. I see it in my case so far. Maybe other pregnant mommies who took can feedback when they give birth
happy.gif
hee... Lecithin granules is cheap
happy.gif



mum2B,
Yes, I give direct without any food.
hahaha... I cannot stand wheat germ taste even in oatmeal. Now I put little bit for my oatmeal to start getting used to the taste. hahaha... A loves wheat germ too.
Yes, when I cook rice for A, it will be with millet and quinoa. Steam with white rice. Recently, my mum has not been adding these to his rice
sad.gif
I cannot keep nagging. I gotta close both eyes. Haiz... when my mum take care of him, no Vplus, no lecithin, no Indinine, no wheatgerm for him
sad.gif
cos my mum does not believe in these. For Indinine and Vplus, she believes, but she finds it expensive, say waste money
sad.gif
What to do.. I am not capable of looking after A myself now. Things will get better when my maid comes.
SM nutrition principle is different from super baby food. I signed up before last time, but could not go, so got some notes. Basically, feed your child lecithin, wheatgerm, seaweed, more vegetables and fruits. The course include a sample menu for the week. There's meat in the menu. If follows Prof. Shichida strictly, meat is no good, and eggs are the worst for brain development.


mtdt,
Inputs before 3 years old will be into their subconscious mind. Everything... That's why cannot see too much violent stuffs before 3. Best is before 6. They have superb memory. SM memory excercises is to help them to nurture the memory and bring over into their adulthood. If their memory is not nurtured from young, this ability will diminish over time. I will not be surprised one fine day zav shows you the things he was exposed to in the many trial classes you brought him to. Though only once, it's already in their brain. Cos at this stage, they are fully functional on the right brain. After 3, left brain function will then start developing.


sunflower,
Good idea! I will see if we can go
happy.gif
Cannot confirm now cos maid might be coming in before 1 May, and gotta see how she adapts also.


vivi,
Use 5 minute suggestion that you learnt from SM
happy.gif
It will work. Gotta persist on that and consistent.
 
GOod morning!

ER started coughing again yesterday, seems like his cough came back 8( He also had slight fever. Sigh....

Lyn: Thanks for info on how to eat Lecithin. Will try it out soon :p

Dor: Baby shannon looks very much like Mandy. She looks so peaceful in her sleep 8) ER is taking 240ml at ~915pm. This will last him till 7+am the next morning. Maybe Mandy is used to drinking milk just before going to bed that's y she'll ask for it again at 11+? Tat's a lot she's drinking between 8-11pm! What time is her dinner?

MTDT: Ya, I just din submit/pay that confirmation form for next term's class. Haha... Din know I have to email them separately to withdraw ;p Hmm, the Maria at Parkway seimpi quite boring ah. I enquired yesterday Parkway weekend is Sat 1215pm &amp; 530pm, White Sands only vacancy for Sun 3pm. Don't like their timing. According to the person, their trial is for 1 month.

vivi: Sounds very rushed indeed. I'm thinking whether it's better to slot 2 classes in a day. Good thing is it frees up the remaining weekend but not sure if it's too taxing on the kid &amp; parent.

Sunflower: I'd prefer small gathering at your place.
 
vivi - hahaha! actually sometimes i like more "fun" kids in the class... if not V sian one leh!!

dun worry - am sure our D&amp;Z will be having fun together! hehehe

Sunflower - ur jun class FULL leh. how to join. u never jio us when u register! hehe
 


lyn,

i dun really trust the 5 mins suggestions. Cos i realised it always give me the opposite!

But then sometimes i do still give it the benefit of doubt.
 

Back
Top