(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Sunflower,
Tell more lah...so which one you like?
happy.gif
But hor...I only have budget for one set now...keke...

Make-up remover for eyes
Any good recommendation. I am using SK-II makeup remover...dont know if I use it wrongly or what....keep getting some in my eyes everytime I use it.... want to change but dont know which brand is good. Can recommend, any one?
happy.gif


Panda,
where are you?
happy.gif
 


wen aka joyful mum, chanel!! and it looks pretty too! 2 colors!!
happy.gif


http://www.shop.com/Chanel_Precision_Gentle_Eye_Make_Up_Remover_100ml_3_3oz-5753952-p!.shtml
 
Mich, hm...does look cool..in 2 tone color. Thanks, ya.
happy.gif


Btw, what are you busy with lately.. SEldom see your postings here..keke.
 
wen, i used to love just shaking the bottle!!
happy.gif
BUt now dun use eye shadow liao... (where got time?)

got post leh... busy with outings + Bren... hosting ladies luncheon every fris. in tw and playgroup too.
 
joyfulm,

you set your eyes on NG maths? like it
happy.gif
think its good too. the ng literacy looks good too, emergent level ok for our tods now, the next level may be too chim for them now.

rigby - both rocket and literacy looks good. so its really matter of preference which you prefer.

sunshine - don't stand out as much as RB but it does have its appeal.

there's 1 series, its written in local context, pretty interesting.
 
Wen,
Thx for the compliment. :) Guess different babies are advanced in different skills. Like Jezoir, he may not be able to speak as well as some of the June babies. :)
Was tempted to get him the toy but ended up not. Too many toys with wheels at home. Keke...

Spicegal,
Wow, must be very shiok to hear Jerica say a new word! Clever gal! :)

Aishite,
Shannon so funny, and so clever! She must be reciting the instruction of how-to-take-off-your-clothes to herself. Haha...
 
toto,
sorry i wasnt able to attend the demo this afternoon. Was looking at their website and the Rigby, Sunshine and Joy Reader series seem interesting. I'll have to visit their showroom next week but may only be able to do so mid or end next week. Might be a bit late to submit my order to MTDT. Do you think it's possible for me to enjoy the discount if I were to mention I'm from this group? :)
 
hi sunflower, toto, wen,

I am confirmed getting national geographic literacy series. Both the normal series and maths series.

I am still trying to decide between rigby emergent and rigby rocket. What's your view?

My reasons being that readers are normally not as interesting in story content as normal fictional story books. They are conjured up for the main purpose of graded literacy. To learn reading, a child do not necessarily have to depend on graded reader. They are suppplementary... thus the Rocket series with lesser books per level would just serve as an adequate but not excessive steps. However, the emergent series looks attractive too leh... what's most of you chosing?

I had talked to both chiltern house and lorna whiston and their feedback being that they do not start graded readers for even 3 years old (N1). Only in N2, CH starts the oxford reading tree. Prior to that, they just let the kids read and be exposed to a wide range of selected story books. I wanna expand my home library leh... but I always have a problem finding good story books (and not overly expensive of course)...

so excited abt the books!!!
happy.gif
 
Joyfulmom
u looking for me? me sleeping lah

Paula
thanks for ordering the aqua mats. Let me know when to pay & details
 
MMR
took J for his MMR jab today. J is now 85cm & 10.3kg...nurse said 5cm more must buy bus ticket liao..haha

J is a brave boy today. He didn't cry at all. Eating his biscuits like nothing happened.
 
hi panda

woh josh is really tall.. our babies same bday lei. my ger is 76cm.. but my ger short never mind la. kekeke.
 
hi dor
long time no 'see' u. since young, got pple tell me he doesn't look like this age cos of his height. Ya girl short its ok i think.

can ask u some qns? u went Australia this yr rite? me going perth next mth. how u settle Mandy's meal over there? buy fr supermarts or u bring porridge over to cook? But OZ quite strict on bringing foodstuff over rite...later going to discuss iternary with sis. me not thinkin of bringin stroller there but that means i hv to carry J when he sleeps. how u settle this prob wif M? sorry har so many qns..
 
Panda

Sorry to jump into your q meant for Dor. Just one thing to share, i think it's good to bring stroller, cos we had the same thoughts when we were in perth in aug ... turned out that during shopping times, our arms nearly broke cos of carrying the baby ... and we were saying life wld hv been much better there if a stroller existed.
 
Adventurebooks

Toto - no problem lah. consolidate only mah. :p
ok.. those of u who needs the prices for individual items, can give me ur emails.

Current orders
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Items </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joy</TD><TD>WOL Maths </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohy</TD><TD>WOL Maths </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>WOL Literacy (which Level?) </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Rigby rocket / Rigby Literacy Emergent </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunflower</TD><TD>WOL Maths </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>WOL Literacy Emergent </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Rigby Rocket </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Sunshine ?? </TD></TR><TR><TD>Toto</TD><TD>WOL Maths </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>WOL Literacy Emergent </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Rigby Rocket </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Sunshine ?? </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
 
Dermalife Anti-Mosquito Patch ($5)
Carebear29 5
kissbb 10
panda 5
jacque 5
pawprint 10
celeste 20
Joy 5 (min 5boxes... ok?)
 
Panda, wow... Josh is really TALL

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Baby</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>Height (cm) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>Celest</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dal</TD><TD>Jezoir</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>77 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dor</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD></TD><TD>76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacque</TD><TD>Ryker</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>79 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>YJ</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>90 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele</TD><TD>Bren</TD><TD>8.3</TD><TD>76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mspiggy</TD><TD>Wesley</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>80 </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD>Zavier</TD><TD>10.6</TD><TD>78 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Panda</TD><TD>Josh</TD><TD>10.3</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paula</TD><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>10.2</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene</TD><TD>Brayden</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>80.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Anymore updates?? Just for fun.
happy.gif
 
Cutie, I suppose u r referring tot he anti=moz patch rite?

Dermalife Anti-Mosquito Patch ($5)
Carebear29 5
kissbb 10
panda 5
jacque 5
pawprint 10
celeste 20
Joy 5 (min 5boxes... ok?)
CutieZayn 5
 
mtdt
confirm 5 pkts of mozie patch for Josh. Thks.
J now can reach my things that i left on my table leh. Scare he will turn the door knob & walk out himself next time.

aishite
no prob. Any advise are welcome! Hmm..so looks like i need to bring stroller along BUT definately not my PP..too heavy!

Re: Umbrella Stroller
anyone knows where i can get one? Need to bring to perth. TIA
 
someone mention abt elmo potty show is good huh?

just found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqLMcyUFrSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bFC08_WRnU

Panda - ok. thanks.
ooh, for door knob, can get those "safety 1st" doorknob to block it. My sis used to use for her 2 sons... useful even up to age 4+ LOL. at least my nephew wont just walk in to my room and wake me up last time.
happy.gif


Umbrella stroller - Giant/NTUC hub/toysrus shd hv cheaper ones. If not mothercare will be the mac series
 
hi panda

I stayed w my cuz in sydney so cookin for me isnt a prob for me at that time. Wat is Josh daily food now? Still mainly porridge. If yes, u better get a scv apt so u can cook. All grains, meat and greens can be easily purchase at supermarts. If not, jux go resturants and get porridge. Or train him to take semi solid food now. Does josh take bread, cheese etc. Do pack some while on e road. And yes, a stroller is a MUST. Can be a useful tool for shopping purchase. Though now they prefer to walk rather than sit in. It is still needed for his short nap.
Any more qns, can check w me again. I m going syd end nov again. Hehe

Mtdt

Mandy wt now is 9.8kg. Thkq
 
Panda

Since u got me started on dishing out advice for Perth, here's some more to go, haha:

1. Food: I only brought a packet of organic cereal there. Think if Josh is eating porridge, worthwhile packing a small pack of grains along. I had an aunt in Perth, so she provided the grains. The rest I got from the supermarkets there. They have fresh milk for kids, brand is Dura, wif DHA added,so no need to bring FM there. But best to let J try fresh milk in Spore to get him used to the taste, if he hasnt started on it yet (S loves fresh milk far more than FM). Have you confirmed that your accommodation has full cooking facilities?

2. Diaper: S was a major poo-er then, 3x a day. So I brought 4.5 pieces a day, 45 pieces over 10 days, which was excessive. But Dor did advise me then that diapers in Aussie was pricey, abt 60-70 cts per piece, hence i KS and brought more.

3. Tugging kiddie stuff: it's good that u r in perth during Spring, so weather shld be ok. We were there during winter, and there were so many things to lug along everywhere we went. As a result, I lost a lot of stuff (thermal bottle, toys, clothings) at restaurants, hotels etc, more so cos I am a "Big Head Prawn". But just be watchful abt tis aspect and ask everyone around u to take a cursory look each time u leave a place.

My fren passed me an itinery which I thought was really good and followed 100%. Only thing is some of the restaurants there (outside of perth) are quite pricey (I only found out once I got into the restuarants). So if you wish, I can send you a copy.
 
MTDT, please include Jerica's data, taken at the polyclinic today when i bring her for MMR. Weight 9.45kg, Height 77.5. Thanks!

Panda, you can get unmbrella stroller from toyrus, they have quite a few prints to choose from, price is less then $40.
 
Panda, Jerica also went for her MMR today, before jab already started crying when she saw the needle...haha...Josh is such a brave boy..
 
Update

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Baby</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>Height (cm) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>Celest</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dal</TD><TD>Jezoir</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>77 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dor</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>9.8</TD><TD>76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacque</TD><TD>Ryker</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>79 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>YJ</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>90 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele</TD><TD>Bren</TD><TD>8.3</TD><TD>76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mspiggy</TD><TD>Wesley</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>80 </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD>Zavier</TD><TD>10.6</TD><TD>78 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Panda</TD><TD>Josh</TD><TD>10.3</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paula</TD><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>10.2</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene</TD><TD>Brayden</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>80.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Spicegal</TD><TD>Jerica</TD><TD>9.45</TD><TD>77.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
 
mt.. u so eng ah...thanks for doing the chart!!
happy.gif


PC!! didnt u ask me to buy the dvd for kelly fr amazon & now u say someone gave kelly liao... FAINTz... i dun intend to potty train for quite a while!!

WET WET weekend in tw!! TYPHOON...... SIANz... u ladies have a good weekend outdoors! we'll be stuck indoors!
 
Mich,
Haha, my friend brought it for Kell when he saw it lei and he brought without telling me... nvrmind, pass me that dvd that you have brought ...
 
Panda,

re: MMR
Me too brought C for her jab but she cries the moment the nurse try to hold her butt. C weights 11.3kg & 85cm too
happy.gif
 
hihi,

me back from taipei... heng came back yesterday.. if not will be stuck in taipei due to typhoon that mich mentioned... Super Super tired... traveling with AnB without my maid.. Aiden is like superglue... always want me to carry... imagine have to carry 10.7kg bb walking around taipei...

no time to catch up the posting.. wow 6 full pages... will do it tmr after i charge my battery tonight.. cheers
 
MOAP

14 kg !!! Tat's big. Quite interesting to c the variance between babies born at the same time.

MTDT: Mine's 9.7 kg, but no clue how tall, but think on par with jerica, and jezoir. So agar agar, put 77 lah.
 
mtdt

Dermalife Anti-Mosquito Patch ($5)
Carebear29 5
kissbb 10
panda 5
jacque 5
pawprint 10
celeste 20
Joy 5 (min 5boxes... ok?)
CutieZayn 5
sunflower 5
 
hi ladies

Toking abt make up items...i also got things to ask.. Any recommendation for facial wash? mine finishing soooon liao. thot of changing. I like those foam/scrub type... hehe
happy.gif
 
update:

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Baby</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>Height (cm) </TD></TR><TR><TD>aishite</TD><TD>Shannon</TD><TD>9.7</TD><TD>77 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline</TD><TD>Celest</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>75 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dal</TD><TD>Jezoir</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>77 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dor</TD><TD>Mandy</TD><TD>9.8</TD><TD>76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jacque</TD><TD>Ryker</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>79 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kissbb</TD><TD>Aiden</TD><TD>10.7</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>YJ</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>90 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Michele</TD><TD>Bren</TD><TD>8.3</TD><TD>76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>MOAP</TD><TD>Ginelle</TD><TD>14</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mspiggy</TD><TD>Wesley</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>80 </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD>Zavier</TD><TD>10.6</TD><TD>78 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Okipoki</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>11.3</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Panda</TD><TD>Josh</TD><TD>10.3</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paula</TD><TD>Kelly</TD><TD>10.2</TD><TD>85 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Serene</TD><TD>Brayden</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>80.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Spicegal</TD><TD>Jerica</TD><TD>9.45</TD><TD>77.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

mich - always hv time to do rubbish mah. u 1st day noe meh.

MOAP - wow!! 14kg! impressive. Quick measure her ht, want to noe. :p

85cm - wow... we hv 3 tall kids here.
happy.gif
Josh can match with Kelly and Chloe loh.
happy.gif
 
poohy,

hmmm so we can delay getting the graded readers? haha... :p
ya think its tough to choose between rocket & emergent. even till now,I'm still torn. Based on last fri demo, rocket wins
happy.gif
At the close of demo, I switched camp to emergent :p

You have the mommy & me CD? can check with you, how many titles it has.
 
Paula,
Thanks in advance.
happy.gif


Mich,
Seldom see your postings mah... wow..Bren really keeps you busy. You are one of the super moms keke...

Sunflower, poohy,
I have the NG litarcy emergent set. So far, think G loves about 50% of them. I think they are great. And am gradually introducing them to G...And she slowly destroying them by tearing them when we forgot to keep them...
sad.gif


I will get the WOL Maths. That to me, is the kind of books that cannot be found easily. As for Rigby and sunshine, I think they are good but not great...mainly because I can find substitute else where or I have already got something similar and so don't want to repeat buy. Between Rigby Rocket and literacy - personally, I will go for Rigby Rocket. I can't remember what I saw at the showroom now but based on the titles on their websites, I think I will go for Rigby Rocket. It gives variety of topics at different level. I agree with Poohy, no need to adhere strictly to levels at this stage so long as it captures the interest of our toddlers. Also, Rigby Rocket seems to have more unique titles compared to Rigby Literacy, I feel. If I have to choose, I will choose Rigby Rocket.
happy.gif


Panda,
J so brave! G screamed until all the nurses now remember her name! But she poor thing. Took MMR and chicken pox together so come home with both arms sore.

MTDT,
Mossie patch min 5packs ok. Also, please pm me price list for Edventure. Thanks. Plus, I pm you with questions this pm. TIA.
happy.gif


Gto...zzz
 
all we do is eat eat eat... sigh!! cant imagine all the wt. we'll put on after the typhoon!

ange... i just switched to neutrogena wash + scrub! i love buying skin care + body wash + shampoo!!
 
Pls update me

Dermalife Anti-Mosquito Patch ($5)
Carebear29 5
kissbb 10
panda 5 (Confirm)
jacque 5 (Confirm)
pawprint 10
celeste 20 (Confirm)
Joy 5 (Confirm)
CutieZayn 5 (Confirm)
sunflower 5 (Confirm)
 


re: edventure

seems like most prefer rigby rocket. I had decide to get the rigby rocket as its much more attractive and topic more interesting like what wen said. Will get the rigby emergent as a 2nd hand... cheaper mah.

huh the NG WOL series got level? I thought they sold as an entire set? When my hb called, he just quote a single price of $213 leh.

MTDT,

thanx... havent got your pm though.. I think the pm seems to reach me real slow. If you read this, can u resend it direct to [email protected]? The pm seems to have some problems. TIA!!!
 

Back
Top