(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Flo,
The school bus may go to Marsiling, but I think it is considered out of the way and he will probably be the last one out of the bus. I don't want him to spend more than an hour on school bus.
I'm also thinking of BASC actually, mainly because of the homework too. I think in-laws have no way of ensuring that he does his homework.

Queen
Agree long bus ride can be very tiring. Can't you drop him off at your mom place after sch instead? I've decided to send Mel to a BASC near her school. Guess that's a better arrangement, at least can spend some quality bonding time before she goes to bed rather than rushing her to finish her homework and practise her piano!

Dear mummies, I’m a reporter from Straits Times Lifestyle and I’m doing a family feature on mummies who met on the forum and have ended up as good friends. If you don’t mind being interviewed, could you please email me your contact details at [email protected]

Thanks very much!
(I've informed the moderator/Chin Leng about my posts)

Hi mummies, I'm looking for a local set facelifted (Blue wordings with tubing connectors at the bottom) Pump In Style Adv with warranty card or proof of purchase from authorised local dealers. Basically, Medela says as long as you bear the local warranty card, your set is from an authorised dealer, ie, most shops selling locally except First Few Years and US sets.

Reason why I asked for the facelifted model is because the spare parts for the older 06 or earlier models are nolonger available.

I'll send it into Medela for servicing before and after use. If any of you have a set that you don't mind loaning me or want to let go, do let me know.

The facelifted model looks like this :
6241967.jpg

Hi everyone,
Wonder how many of us still check this thread...
I seldom do so myself but do wonder how everyone is, save for a few mummies whom I'm still in touch via FB.

linda,
Congrats! Your 2nd is a girl or boy?
I think most of us here have 2 kids, save for a few with 3.

RE. After school care
Want to check with you mummies whose kids are already in Pri school... any one of you put them in after school care?
Does the teachers there help them with schoolwork?
What do they actually do in after school case centres?

Hi Parents,

My kids are 7, 5 and 3 yrs old. They love watching Club M.A.G.I.C which ran on our local tv channel in jun , july this year. I heard there is a holiday camp comming up in dec where the kids can interact with the hosts. Any one has info on it?
Thank you

Queen,
I intend to put J into BASC.
Reason being there will be someone to coach her if she needs help. And I heard some will even help in spelling. It will ease off FTWM load as we can spend more time with them when we are back home.

RE: Primary School
I know it might be an old question. But till now I am undecided which school to enrol for J next yr. Hubby is very relax. He say normal neighbourhood school, put her in. If we are not sucessful in balloting, then plan for the worst case.

But I feel so stupid letting go a good pri sch with a confirm seat. Why should I risk a phase 2A2 and put her for ballot in 2C !

Does anyone have this prob too?

Hi May,
No need to think.
Just go for Nan Hua, some more it is a good school with CONFIRMED seat.
Same case for me, Isaac is starting in De LaSalle which is in CCK next year and I stay in Sembawang.
it's not that De LaSalle is fantastic (though it's not bad), but the only reason why I'm putting him there is because of the CONFIRMED seat as hubby is old boy. We didn't want to to ballot for a good school in Sembawang and risk not getting a place and end up don't know where.
So no choice loh, we are now looking to sell our place and move to CCk.

May,
And to add that this will be a decision that will last at least 10 years cos your Jaz will likely go to the same Pri school right?
So no need to think so long, Nan Hua is a very good school!

Queen,
But transportation wise leh.
My parents are telling me that not enough sleep will lead to the concentration in sch.

I had called up sch and check, here's the arrangement:
School start at 7:15am
1) School Bus - Leave house at 6am
2) Mrt frm Pioneer to Clementi and change bus (2 stops) - Leave house at 6:15am
3) Get a car - Leave house at 6:30am

Just 1 street across is a normal neighbourhood sch that needs to ballot every yr. If I risk, then got to go other sch around Jurong. School bus will come at 6:15am or 6:30am too.

Impossible to move to clementi cos I need my mum to help to look after Jaz.

Sigh.. the man at home is too relax on this.

May,

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Your kid can sleep on the bus if she's really tired. Getting placement in a good school is more crucial. If you're worried about the lack of sleep, then perhaps u should start training J to sleep early and wake up early. The more important thing you should be concentrating on is getting J to sleep earlier. What time does she sleep at now?

May, hm, I tend to go with the "don't travel too far for school" school of thots. But yes, it's truly a case of if you have a confirmed seat in the earlier phase, grab it.

Check out other options, primarily to waitlist in the school after phase 2C. If the sch across from your place is good enough, then why not move when a vacancy opens up. The problem that you'll have is to convince the school that you indeed do want that school but due to all the balloting risk etc, u can't, and put it clearly that you want to have a sch that's nearby. That moves u up the waiting list. But at the back of your mind, will you be wondering if you are giving up on NH for a school that's not-as-good. If u do intend to put her in BASC, then why not move. Wouldn't it be an option to consider chaffeuring Jaz ard to-and-from your mum's place instead? sleeping from 9 to 6 means kid has only 9 hrs of sleep... hm, maybe my kid does exercise a lot and he sleeps more, but 9 hrs seems not enough

Hi queen, wat's your FB acct? I'm more active there too ... welcome to CCK, btw!

hello mummies!!!

long time no 'see'..

wow many kids going to P1 next year!

i also intend to put JH in BASC. like what Flo said, at least dun need to bug them about doing homework!! and grandparents dun ensure homework is done...

May
i think safer to go to a sch with a confirmed seat?? at least i wd...

Ky
u think 9 hours of sleep litte? mine sleeps really little. even the younger one too. they sleep from about 10 to 7 plus a nap in sch. probably 1 to 1.5 hours. definitely not more than 11 hours a day....

KY,
Queen is in my fren's list. Check my FB acct.
U know her real name ?

My mum is just staying a street away from me. That's why they keep asking me to choose nearby sch and ballot. Cannot go in then decide. But I am very tired to risk lor. If I send J to NH, Need to wake up 30mins earlier for travelling compared to nearby Pri Sch.

So sian, family are not supportive of my decision. I will have to struggle with two gals for 9yrs if I really insist in NH.

SY,
Yes. My mum is supportive of my idea of BASC cos she say she dunno how to teach and cannot ensure my gal finish her work. So it will ease my load when I return home.

Hihi,

I am one of the mummies with 3 kids...haha.
Yup, I am also friends with some of the mummies here in FB.
My girl is going to Henry Park next year. It's also a confirmed place since papa is old boy.
We were staying in Admiralty.
We knew we had to shift so although the property price was sky high, we bought a new place at alexandra road. now we are 5 km from Henry park and 5 km from my work place.
Although expensive, we are enjoying our stay which is much nearer to town and exploring the places around my estate.
We were also considering the BASC but there is nothing near to my place so didn't explore that for the time being, maybe in the future if the nagging becomes worse.

Hi mummies,

Merry Xmas & happy new year to all!!

Keenan's entering P1 in a few days and I'm feeling very anxious for him. Who else is also going to P1 next year, besides Clariss?

I am also very anxious.
Henry park is going to be at the temporary site (former RJC site) which is 3 times bigger. Previously the student leaders in the upper pri may be able to help the P1 kids a bit but now, they may be very confused themselves as well.
Clariss is still very shy in terms of going to buy food on her own.
My colleague was telling me that they stall owners in some sch see that the P1 students very blur and actually don't return their change.

I hope I remember to pack everything for her everyday.

Hi,

I m new here. Was wondering if there is any FB that belong to this Jan 2006 MTBs group?

If there is, pls advise so I may join.

I m looking for English and Math enrichment class for my 6yo girl, appreciate if someone cld recommend a good one to me.

Thks.

Hi! My kids P1 and P3 are attending English enrichment class at Joyce Sim Learning centre.
The teacher, Ms Sim is very dedicated and passion in teaching the students.My kids had been with her for more than one year. I am strongly recommend this teacher to you.

yeah its not easy juggling between 3 kids. Can really tell the difference. With my #3, I really feel that I have aged. Gotta admit I'm not the energetic young thing when I had #1. But.. things will get better. I still enjoy all my 3 pregnancies and I don't regret having 3 kids. Don't think I'd want a #4 though. Give my poor abused body a rest.

babylon,
congrats!

wow mamapanda, not easy juggling 3.

CL,Caleb's reading wasnt that good previously. Now he's also getting better. Can read independently. Thank Goodness

for the past few months, i had been travelling almost every week. Once I realised that I was pregnant, i become so paranoid..espically i just come back from mumbai 2 weeks ago. Immediately I went for blood test.

I m hesitating where if i should go for my next trip.

BP congrats. that is great. Maybe try to cut down on the trip as it is 7 years since last pregnancy or at least pass the first trimester ?

Hi ladies,
I will be joining BP in Jan 2013 with my #3!!! Wondering is it possible to handle 3 without maid.....really not used to having a stranger staying in the house liao. But age is catching up (getting exhausted v easily everyday) & seems MS is not going away so soon.
sad.gif

Wenyl,
i am in the same boat as you. For the past few years i had tried not to do with maid but I am not sure if i am able to handle it or not.
Btw, I will be going to do my amino test on 31 July. Pray hard for favourable result.

Hi mummies,
suddenly thought of coming into this thread and heehee...a few mummies actually started communicating via this thread.
I had my no 3 as well in June last year. He is coming to 14 months already.
Slinky is right, I also feel that I have aged a fair bit after my number 3.
I hope everyone is coping well!

Wenyl,
With 3 kids, I can really feel the difference when it comes to 'me' times and savings. Really shrink to nearly none. Without a maid, it'll be so tiring and draining for me. At least now my maid can help bathe #3 while I have dinner in peace. When I feed #3, she can help bathe #2 and #1. On top of that, I go home to a nice warm dinner and a clean home without having to worry a thing. Mornings, I have my daily juices and breakfast and my kids are ready to goto school, washed up and wating breakfast without me needing to wake up early. I think for this, I can live with another person at home. After all, the maid becomes part of the family after awhile.

BP,
My amnio is scheduled on 1 Aug. Let's jiayou together!

Mongs,
Wow! Din know u are mom of 3 too! ^_^

Mamapanda,
I'm sure all the laundry will take up most of my time when the 3rd arrives. Not talking about housechores etc. It's good if u can find a good helper. The extra help will definitely come in v handy. From my past experience with 2 maids, I concluded I don't have much luck with good maids. Sobsob!

Bp and wenyl, have faith and I am sure result will
be good. It is a great gift. Enjoy nothing to think back just look forward. If really need help then go for it, dun stress. jia you.

Gender ? Princess for both of you ?

Thanks CL, have been keeping myself busy for the past 2 weeks inorder not to have negative thinking.

I guess both of us would like to have princess but at this momemnt..i just pray for healthy baby.

Good to see this thread coming alive again!

Wenyl, BP,
Congrats! Is no. 3 planned?
I'm still considering whether to go for no. 3, mainly because I hope to have a girl, and also I think 3 kids are just about a good number of kids to have.

Mummies with kids in P1 now,
how are they coping? Isaac is doing quite well (except for Chinese which is weaker) but I find that I always have to remind him to do this and do that.
He will not touch his homework till we fetch him from my in-laws and reach home at around 8.30pm and I have to check through all his worksheets and books to ensure that he does not miss out any homework. He is not the type who is "automatic". There are a few times where we did not go thourgh all his books and he attended school without completing some work. Ask him about it, he will say he forgot that there is that homework.

Also, how do you help them prepare for tests? Do you help with revisions and such? My hubby and I are quite hands off, we know he has tests coming but have no idea what and how to revise for them. So far, he does not prepared for tests at all, thankfully, he was still able to do well. But I don't think we can still be so hands off as he progresses. For the revisions, do we go through his pass worksheets or do assessments book?

BP,
Same here....My Oscar results shows 1:17! V worrying hor. Heard as we age Oscar results are not so "zhun"! Praying hard for healthy bb!

Chicken Little,
Thanks for ur advice! Gender ah....got to wait for amnio result to know! Hehe....praying v hard for healthy princess lor. Keep reminding myself to have FAITH!!

Queen,
Yup, it's kinda planned for me. Both hb & I felt that 3 is a good no. of kids to have ^_^. But took us quite a while to have the courage to try for #3! My #2 B is already coming 5 this year! I actually had a mc in Oct last year. So I told hb this will be the last time I am going to go thru pregnancy. Can feel body aging liao!

My #1 E is in P1 this year. Same la... bo chap in his hw & tests. We have to keep reminding & nagging at him. He managed to do quite well for last sem but I think it was v easy for them. Beginning of this Term 3, we can see he still quite bochap n complacent. And cos I am in my early preg w bad ms, there are many days I really dun feel the strength to go through his sch work. So, there are days when he got punished in class for not handing up his hw and some grades drop a little. He got the cheek to say it's bcos mummy never help check his hm!?!?! Scolded him for being too dependent on me & now I am using a slightly different approach to train him to be more responsible for his own sch work. I'll ask him to check & finish his own homework first. Also trying to train him to pack his sch bag too. Reminded him that if he doesn't do it, he will get punished in class again lor. It's not mummy who will get punished! Wahaha!

For tests, usually I will get him to do his topic revision online thru his sch "mconline" website plus assessment book if there is time. I am still trying to hold back tuition for him, except chinese he is still attending Berries. Few of his classmates already attending Maths, English, Chinese pte tuition classes. ***Sweat!***

Wenyl, you're not 35 yet right? I didn't need to take the Amnio when I was preggy with my baby boy last year and I was 35. My gynae say at 35, chances of having a normal baby is still very high so no need to take the risk and stress baby. BTW, whats OSCAR test? My hb and I decided that we will not do any tests for all our babies so we never did any tests.

Wenyl,
My OSCAR result was 1:181..but till date I have not go and see my gynae yet. We only talked on the phone on result. This was the first time that I did OSCAR test and I am not sure what is in details. My next visit will be 30 Jul to see her before I go for the amino test. Btw, she will not be the one who doing my amino test. I was being referred to do it in SGH. Are you opting for the express result?

My cousin @ age of 32 got her OSCAR result 1:13 and her baby was born perfectly fine.

Queen,
BB #3 was unplanned. This is absolutely an accidently to me...with irregular menses and only one ovary is functioning, the chance of me getting pregnant is very slim…

Damien is also in P1 this year…I did not really spend a lot of time with him on his school work as I was on biz trip of most of the time for the past few months…Outsource everything..Maths and Chinese tuition and Kumon for English.

Back